What Is The Most Important Skill/Habit To Learn

Skill Habit Noob Unicum Guide Information Advice Learn Important Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SlyMeerkat #1 Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:45 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21144 battles

So what is, in your opinion, the most important skill or habit to form whilst playing this game in order to better yourself as a player?..... I know there are quite a few things but if you were to put them in order from primary that benefits the most and secondary where it still is helpful but not as important, what would you suggest?

Also goal setting, what are yours currently and what ideas can you give so that other players of the skill level can match that where it's not too hard but doable enough for them if they kept putting in the effort?..... I myself have trouble with this at setting it smartly as well as with not overwhelming myself with ideas to point i feel like i have to do them all at once and now one step at a time which is something i do have difficulty doing, i must admit because i'm currently at peak performance and not sure what i can do in order to break this stalemate position of mine and get even better because right now, i don't feel as though im getting any better or worse :/

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 17 July 2020 - 11:13 AM.

Ricox #2 Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:50 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1880 battles
  • [-D2S-] -D2S-

Not sure if my advice will be helpful as you're far more experienced, but IMO situational awareness (map reading, predicting outcomes, expecting friendly and enemy moves, knowing when to be patient, when to be aggressive etc.) is the single most important skill in the game.

Been watching a lot of streamers to re-learn the game and while their extensive knowledge of game mechanics and tanks does help and comes useful frequently, nothing comes close to how much better their performance is when they're in the right position at the right time. Even bad players can aim their guns, even average players can learn basic angling techniques, even average players can learn good map positions and bushes. But ultimately it won't lead players to consistently good performances unless they can dynamically adjust to what's happening in the actual battle and put themselves in tank-appropriate positions for as much of the battle as possible. A good bush doesn't matter one bit if there's no one to spot or shoot at.

Meanwhile well-developed situational awareness allows you to consistently set and meet performance targets because you can dynamically adjust your playstyle and positioning to be able to deal damage regardless of how the battle develops. But, of course, it's also the most difficult skill to develop and to master since it essentially combines everything there is to know, from tank stats (helps with predicting outcomes and meaningfully reading deployment) and map spots (helps to recognize firing and advance lanes, crossfire, etc.) to game mechanics (for example, how the deployments you see on the map translate to who possibly spots who) to an actual sense of tactics and strategy (for example, recognizing the viability of your team's deployments).

Thejagdpanther #3 Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40392 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

Pretty much what ricox said:

knowing what to do, when to do it, where to do it.

Also knowing when to stop the session cause bad rng/mental fatigue/nervousness, could prevent a lot of bad losing streak.

Scanmen #4 Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28021 battles
  • [WNB] WNB
The most important thing is to keep calm,  when you see that the "rng" algorithm running on the server protects the weaker player on enemy team. ;)

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65369 battles
Knowing when to be cautious and when to be aggressive

Obsessive_Compulsive #6 Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 29067 battles

View PostThejagdpanther, on 16 July 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

Pretty much what ricox said:

knowing what to do, when to do it, where to do it.

Also knowing when to stop the session cause bad rng/mental fatigue/nervousness, could prevent a lot of bad losing streak.

THis is essentially every single piece of knowledge in the game.

SlyMeerkat #7 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:17 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21144 battles

Thanks for the Feedback, i myself is working more on my Map Awareness as that does need improving as well as Positioning :)

View PostThejagdpanther, on 16 July 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

I tend to just persevere through those, do my best, analyze myself and move onto next 

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 17 July 2020 - 11:20 AM.

Nebuched #8 Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14782 battles
Go in slow, especially in the back. 

Gruff_ #9 Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 26488 battles

Close your eyes for blind shots.

Trust your gut.

Also tagged with Skill, Habit, Noob, Unicum, Guide, Information, Advice, Learn, Important, Suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users