Jump to content


ranked battles are starting too make me hate this game ...


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

guinty1 #1 Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:52 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29855 battles
  • 174
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011
Ive never seen so many ignorant idiots , blockers , lemmings in game for years and years. Its starting too bring back the reasons why i quit this game for 2 years . I had never played it before till this week , but what a total waste of time and effort really.....

saxsan4 #2 Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:55 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 27036 battles
  • 5,045
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011
don't play them then, I don't like them much so I just play randoms

guinty1 #3 Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:00 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29855 battles
  • 174
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

View Postsaxsan4, on 16 July 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

don't play them then, I don't like them much so I just play randoms


yer i know , back too randoms...



RainMak3r_ #4 Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9470 battles
  • 965
  • [LAMBO] LAMBO
  • Member since:
    06-24-2016

Why? i'm literally having fun in ranked.I'm playing mainly 60tp, t57 and super conqueror nearly full ap, and i see  a lot of teamplay and nice games (i'm still in third division though).

Ranked battles are a lot more enjoyable now then before, you don't need to use a lot of gold ammo to be able topen stupid tanks like 907, type5s (thank you for the nerf!), chieftains, 279s and fv183s.

Rewards are good and the gameplay is a lot better compared to the last few weeks of randoms at tier10 (especially weekends).

I do reccomend heavies with decent guns , while mediums , tds and lights are too situational imo.

It would be the best to not see spgs.

If you compare ranked to monotier10 randoms you see: better players both in the enemy and ally side, which allows you teamplay in some ways ( i asked a progetto in chat if he could come with me in t57 and we clipped the enemy t57 full hp just by taking two shots and there are more examples).

Rewards are very nice.

You don't see stupid monkeys like in the previous weeks.

 

 


Edited by JOHN_691, 16 July 2020 - 05:04 PM.


Dikkeh0nd #5 Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24755 battles
  • 285
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostJOHN_691, on 16 July 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Why? i'm literally having fun in ranked.I'm playing mainly 60tp, t57 and super conqueror nearly full ap, and i see  a lot of teamplay and nice games (i'm still in third division though).

Ranked battles are a lot more enjoyable now then before, you don't need to use a lot of gold ammo to be able topen stupid tanks like 907, type5s (thank you for the nerf!), chieftains, 279s and fv183s.

Rewards are good and the gameplay is a lot better compared to the last few weeks of randoms at tier10 (especially weekends).

I do reccomend heavies with decent guns , while mediums , tds and lights are too situational imo.

It would be the best to not see spgs.

If you compare ranked to monotier10 randoms you see: better players both in the enemy and ally side, which allows you teamplay in some ways ( i asked a progetto in chat if he could come with me in t57 and we clipped the enemy t57 full hp just by taking two shots and there are more examples).

Rewards are very nice.

You don't see stupid monkeys like in the previous weeks.

 

 

 

 

eeeh cant delete my post :D

 


Edited by Dikkeh0nd, 16 July 2020 - 05:15 PM.


Kdingo #6 Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:30 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postguinty1, on 16 July 2020 - 04:52 PM, said:

Ive never seen so many ignorant idiots , blockers , lemmings in game for years and years. Its starting too bring back the reasons why i quit this game for 2 years . I had never played it before till this week , but what a total waste of time and effort really.....

 

Same as with campaigns/clanwars it requires you to enjoy this kinda gameplay, if you don't stick to randoms and hope you don't get weird teams.

 

If wot would be ranked battles/clan wars only it wouldn't even be worth the harddisk space it requires. But thankfully it is not.



tajj7 #7 Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30504 battles
  • 18,402
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostJOHN_691, on 16 July 2020 - 04:00 PM, said:

Why? i'm literally having fun in ranked.I'm playing mainly 60tp, t57 and super conqueror nearly full ap, and i see  a lot of teamplay and nice games (i'm still in third division though).

Ranked battles are a lot more enjoyable now then before, you don't need to use a lot of gold ammo to be able topen stupid tanks like 907, type5s (thank you for the nerf!), chieftains, 279s and fv183s.

Rewards are good and the gameplay is a lot better compared to the last few weeks of randoms at tier10 (especially weekends).

I do reccomend heavies with decent guns , while mediums , tds and lights are too situational imo.

It would be the best to not see spgs.

If you compare ranked to monotier10 randoms you see: better players both in the enemy and ally side, which allows you teamplay in some ways ( i asked a progetto in chat if he could come with me in t57 and we clipped the enemy t57 full hp just by taking two shots and there are more examples).

Rewards are very nice.

You don't see stupid monkeys like in the previous weeks.

 

 

 

LOL what?

 

Ranked gameplay is the worst the game has to offer, and the maps/game mode rewards people who camp in the corner rather than try to win.

 

It punishes you for daring to try to win the game and there is zero teamplay because half of both teams camp hard and hope someone attacks them. 

 

It's a terribly designed mode, that just doesn't work and zero people would play if it wasn't the over the top rewards.

 

You can play well and not progress because you get crap team after crap team, but someone can play averagely and get loads of chevrons because they get lucky with teams.

 

The whole thing is literally the worst thought out thing WG have done in a long while. 



Kdingo #8 Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:35 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Posttajj7, on 16 July 2020 - 10:22 PM, said:

 

LOL what?

 

Ranked gameplay is the worst the game has to offer, and the maps/game mode rewards people who camp in the corner rather than try to win.

 

 

Perspectives. Those that are used to sit in bushes along the redline are now happy to have company and teamplay from their favorite bush. 

 

I wonder how many people would really put up with ranked without the bribe.



FizzleMcSnizzle #9 Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29338 battles
  • 955
  • Member since:
    05-21-2018
Just do what I did. You can do the 20 battle requirement in about half an hour if you employ innovative tactics, and walk away with a cool million credits.
Then simply forget about it until next time.

mgns #10 Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 44971 battles
  • 208
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011
to

Dikkeh0nd #11 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:39 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24755 battles
  • 285
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 16 July 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:

Just do what I did. You can do the 20 battle requirement in about half an hour if you employ innovative tactics, and walk away with a cool million credits.
Then simply forget about it until next time.

 

 

Good job. You dont like it? Dont play it!

You must have ruined quite a few players game because you dont care? Your a true addition to this ever growing army of zombie's.

 



FizzleMcSnizzle #12 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:44 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29338 battles
  • 955
  • Member since:
    05-21-2018

View PostDikkeh0nd, on 17 July 2020 - 12:39 AM, said:

 

 

Good job. You dont like it? Dont play it!

You must have ruined quite a few players game because you dont care? Your a true addition to this ever growing army of zombie's.

 

Thanks buddy! But given the mentality of the typical ranked player, I don't feel any guilt. I am enjoying the million credits though.


Edited by FizzleMcSnizzle, 17 July 2020 - 12:45 AM.


DeBanus #13 Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:36 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30518 battles
  • 420
  • [-NARF] -NARF
  • Member since:
    11-19-2011

True thing, the game is infested with toxic players and games that are the opposite of teamplay.

But this behaviour is a just an effeced caused by something: The Retar ded Chevron system.

 

Earning double C (top 3) and 1 C (4-7) is perfectly fine. Winning a battle should give you your rightfull price.

But losing a battle where only 1 (!!!!) earns a C, 2-5 won't lose/won't gain and 10 (!!!!!!!!!) people actually losing a chevron?! Thats just Disgusting (whit a capital D)

 

Imagine playing an arty, td, or a slow heavy tank. Getting caught in the 4 minute battle (because almost every battle ends within 4 minutes with a score similair to 2-15), and losing your game because your muppet team was not able to do ANYTHING whatsoever. This system is way to punishing. 

No I mean it, its WAY to punishing, and this results in the clownfiesta wipefests or camping on 4 quadrants on the map, refusing to play for any kind of map control whatsoever.

A players personal influence in a game is just way to small to give this kind of penalty for being on a losing team.

 

Conclusion

In my opinion, the current player behaviour in ranked battles, player base wide discontent about the game mode and horrific battles are all fueled by the flawed and crippled Chevron Distribution as it's modeled at this moment.


Edited by DeBanus, 17 July 2020 - 01:39 AM.


kejmo #14 Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:28 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40445 battles
  • 1,049
  • [GO-HA] GO-HA
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011
Why ? losing 10 in a row to get 1 victory is so much fun <3

tall_paul #15 Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:48 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 31330 battles
  • 104
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

Ranked battles are totally abysmal.  The game starts, I check both teams out via XVM, and think 'we'll steamroller the other team', then we end up losing 15-2.

 

I've never seen so many players with unicum stats playing so abysmally.  Nothing like random battles, as someone has mentioned, there is next to no teamplay most of the time.

 

Prime example is generally both teams have an EBR, theirs (WN8 around 850) buzzes around our team like a fly spotting everything, ours (WN8 around 1800) camps a bush to snipe.

 

Horrendous.  I very much doubt I'll make it to the end of the 3rd division tbh.



no_skill_bob #16 Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:52 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

i dont know yet, maybe i will try to finish first division, but thats about it, i just cant be asked to put myself through all that crap for such a long playtime, nothing has really changed, since last season :D

bonds are tempting though, but am i looking to get kpz for bonds or concept  thing? no tnx, i rather keep spending my bonds on directives(rammer,vents,optics), just like i did yesterday - 4,5k bonds into drain :D



GalmTwo #17 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:42 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9722 battles
  • 354
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014
Nobody's pointing a gun to your head, right? You don't have to play that game mode...

aps1 #18 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:47 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30961 battles
  • 292
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
  • Member since:
    10-06-2012

Just play the 261. You will take away all the frustration and earn loadS of bonds in the process. Currently in the second division and not had to rage quit once.

RockyRoller #19 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:21 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41662 battles
  • 1,876
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

I can appreciate the feeling behind this thread. You can't pick your team players so you get a few battles in, win a few points then lose them all in the same hour and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it in an SPG. but as an SPG player I spend a lot of time watching the mini map. The winning teams are able to have more tanks moving forward at the same area, stop, kill then move again. The losing side spends more time avoiding being hit, to the point they retreat before standing, hide behind cover and not spot the reds moving forward, leave flanks wide open and defending team mates exposed to flanking for couple more hits before their own death.

The prizes make the loses more frustrating IMHO because you just can't make your team win if they don't play better than you.

 

and I've been playing the 261 and been mostly in the middle of the 15 players unless the map is SPG unfriendly

 

On a side note I think the standard of play on both sides would vastly improve if it was a clan vs clan selection MM aka the Skirmish set up mode.


Edited by RockyRoller, 17 July 2020 - 10:36 AM.


LoctMihai #20 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16795 battles
  • 3
  • [G_N_T] G_N_T
  • Member since:
    03-30-2013

View PostGalmTwo, on 17 July 2020 - 08:42 AM, said:

Nobody's pointing a gun to your head, right? You don't have to play that game mode...

bro stop using these kind of answer! is the most imbecile unswer! In not about " if you dont like it , dont play it '' , its about that is a bad made service from a game dev company that wants to make money! Hope you can understand, but i doubt it!!






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users