Jump to content


Nerfs


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Grandfather_in_a_bikini #1 Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:21 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 43109 battles
  • 1,014
  • [DBIL] DBIL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

Why are they nerfing tech tree tanks, which everyone can get, while better tanks (907, T95/FV4201 Chieftain, 279E etc) are staying OP, and only the best can get them ? 

What logic is this?

Are people dumb enough to ignore/accept it, just because they have a silly school girl crush on unicorns? 

 

 

 

 



Balc0ra #2 Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:27 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 78120 battles
  • 23,864
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Because one is a tank that is overperforming that even have 45% players driving it, and they have a massive number of data due to all the drivers in it. The other is mostly driven by people who get 62% WR on most of their tanks as is, and is usually less populated. Thus getting data on what to nerf is not as easy on that alone. Sure you can tell them what's wrong with it. But do you think they will roll over you less if the 907 suddenly had less armor on the coupla or lower plate alone? 

BR33K1_PAWAH #3 Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:45 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8669 battles
  • 2,157
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

Bcs those tech tree tanks are OP

 



BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:26 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25928 battles
  • 13,989
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostGrandfather_in_a_bikini, on 17 July 2020 - 06:21 AM, said:

 

Are people dumb enough to ignore/accept it,

Enjoy your games tomorrow.



shikaka9 #5 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:31 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 80232 battles
  • 2,648
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
money logic

Jumping_Turtle #6 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:34 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 75887 battles
  • 9,044
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 July 2020 - 07:27 AM, said:

Thus getting data on what to nerf is not as easy on that alone.

 

So, what data did they use when buffing the 907 and 279 ?



GalmTwo #7 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:48 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9722 battles
  • 342
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014
Because tier 10 sealclubbers need more powerful tools to sealclub reliably, I'd reckon

ortega456 #8 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 70109 battles
  • 1,216
  • Member since:
    06-08-2012
Dude, it takes some big amount of effort to get some of those tanks. You need to spend credits, gold and time to get it. There is a lot of revenue in that. If those tanks wouldn't be so OP nobody would go through the trouble of getting them and WG wouldn't milk the users so much....

UserZer00 #9 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:01 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15079 battles
  • 1,307
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostGalmTwo, on 17 July 2020 - 09:48 AM, said:

Because tier 10 sealclubbers need more powerful tools to sealclub reliably, I'd reckon

"Tier X seal clubber"

 

A very descriptive way of summing up what is wrong with the game.

 

People advancing too quickly, not gaining the crews, equipment and gaming knowledge required to be competitive at higher tiers and blaming everything on WG (who are really only partially responsible).

 

The fact that there really is "seal clubbing" at higher tiers just shows how unbalanced the game has become.

 

All the more reason to have some kind of filter (ladder, performance rating, games played, etc) to reintroduce some semblance of balance.

 

Of course, in doing so, they will kind of make all in game statistics kinda useless in their current form.



ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:45 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 6,254
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 July 2020 - 07:27 AM, said:

Because one is a tank that is overperforming that even have 45% players driving it, and they have a massive number of data due to all the drivers in it. The other is mostly driven by people who get 62% WR on most of their tanks as is, and is usually less populated. Thus getting data on what to nerf is not as easy on that alone. Sure you can tell them what's wrong with it. But do you think they will roll over you less if the 907 suddenly had less armor on the coupla or lower plate alone? 

It is obvious to anyone with a functioning sense of balance that obj 279e, Chieftain and Obj 907 is to strong. 

 

That WG doesn't see it is because WG doesn't want to see it or simply doesn't care when reward tanks or premium tanks are OP. 

 

 

Your reasoning is complete and utter [edited]. 

15:51 Added after 5 minute

View Postortega456, on 17 July 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

Dude, it takes some big amount of effort to get some of those tanks. You need to spend credits, gold and time to get it. There is a lot of revenue in that. If those tanks wouldn't be so OP nobody would go through the trouble of getting them and WG wouldn't milk the users so much....

Players did get through more effort when they got the first clan war rewards tanks, and just as much effort when getting first iteration of Obj 260.

 

None of those tanks where stronger then tech tree tanks.

 

Which where during a time when more players was interested in clan wars and campaigns aswell.

 

So no, players did put effort in to get exclusive tanks without them being op.

 

Releasing those new tanks is just a try to get players to play campaign now days aswell. Instead of actually trying to make campaign and clan wars interesting and fun.

 

Because making CW interesting and fun would require balanced tanks on the tiers and some way better maps, that takes more effort to accomplish then the lazy release OP tank solution. 

 

Result is fewer players on servers, fewer players in CW, more negativity towards the game 


Edited by ZlatanArKung, 17 July 2020 - 04:45 PM.


Balc0ra #11 Posted 17 July 2020 - 05:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 78120 battles
  • 23,864
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 17 July 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

 

So, what data did they use when buffing the 907 and 279 ?

 

Unicron tears. Tho joking aside. I don't know the real reason behind that buff. That buff was arguably pointless. Then again, so was the IS-3 magical side armor buff back in the day from a EU standpoint. 

 

View PostZlatanArKung, on 17 July 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

It is obvious to anyone with a functioning sense of balance that obj 279e, Chieftain and Obj 907 is to strong. 

 

That WG doesn't see it is because WG doesn't want to see it or simply doesn't care when reward tanks or premium tanks are OP. 

 

 

Your reasoning is complete and utter [edited]. 

 

Let me put it to you in simpler terms. When you have a tank driven by everyone and their grandmother. As in massively popular. You get solid data points from all aspects, styles and skills. Making it easier to nerf/buff a tank as needed, and having it affect both good and bad players more or less the same way. If you have a lower populated tank with more or less 90% of its owners that can even make the CGC seem OP. You get a one-sided data set making it harder to pinpoint exactly what to nerf on it to make it balanced. So the impact it makes it on the level you facing it would expect. Vs "I want to kill it easier and roll over it, nerf it plz". 

 

As we all know the tanks are strong and needs adjusting. No one argued vs that. And WG could easily do it. That was not the point. The point was... would that be enough to make the desired impact with the limited data, doing what you wanted them to do? And he would still roll over Steve in his E100 as easy as before even if they nerfed the armor on it? Or... would it just be another T-22 case that was nerfed without the data, and was more or less pushed so far down it was useless that even Steve rolled over it. That was my point. I want them to nerf it. But I don't want it to be useless, nor do I want it to be buffed so little there was no impact. Middle ground or nothing. 

 

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 17 July 2020 - 05:20 PM.


Snowjaguar #12 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:50 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 23932 battles
  • 50
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013

View PostGrandfather_in_a_bikini, on 17 July 2020 - 07:21 AM, said:

Why are they nerfing tech tree tanks, which everyone can get, while better tanks (907, T95/FV4201 Chieftain, 279E etc) are staying OP, and only the best can get them ? 

What logic is this?

Are people dumb enough to ignore/accept it, just because they have a silly school girl crush on unicorns? 

 

The carrot and the stick. WG wants to dangle a carrot or three to keep players aiming for something more involving grinding for hours on end. The "base" game is really quite stale, thats why they have to add events, specials etcetera so frequently as player retention.



no_skill_bob #13 Posted 18 July 2020 - 10:47 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Postortega456, on 17 July 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

Dude, it takes some big amount of effort to get some of those tanks. You need to spend credits, gold and time to get it. There is a lot of revenue in that. If those tanks wouldn't be so OP nobody would go through the trouble of getting them and WG wouldn't milk the users so much....

doesnt seem like it takes a lot of effort to get a cw rewards though :D as every bob who bother to simply play a lot of battles, can get their chief, personal missions is a bit different though, that actually takes time and effort, at least it did, before wg sold orders in premium shop for obj 260 lol.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users