WG balance department at its finest.

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

ZlatanArKung #1 Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

So WG decided, for upcoming test server, to buff the Proghetto 46 to better then the current live status, and of course make EBR 75 just as good as it is now.

Ie, the nerf to those 2 tanks will be negated by other changes, and Proghetto 46 ger a flat out buff.

https://worldoftanks...news/1-10-CT-2/

Just shows that WG and their balance department doesn't care about balance at all, everything for the money and no other thing is important. [edited][edited]at WG.

Not that such a stupid move by WG is surprising though.

'Hey, we got this very strong T8 premium tank, what do you think about buffing it? Ye, let's do it!!!'. Because why not make one of the most popular and strongest T8 tanks even more popular and even stronger.

Similar to how the Obj 279e was super strong at first, and WG then decided to buff it a bit more.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 17 July 2020 - 08:45 AM.

kejmo #2 Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40420 battles
  • [GO-HA] GO-HA
Dont you dare say something against Yuriy, Igor and Anton ! They surely played 20k games and know the game balance in its absolute detail.

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25940 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

That's like being gifted a free slot.

Will those weeping players still want a refund and are all the court cases cancelled?

Tune in next week for another exciting episode!:ohmy:

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 17 July 2020 - 08:51 AM.

GalmTwo #4 Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9722 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
WG needed to find a way on how to make one of the best T8 mediums even better, cause money got that whip appeal, yo

Homer_J #5 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:00 AM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostZlatanArKung, on 17 July 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

So WG decided, for upcoming test server, to buff the Proghetto 46 to better then the current live status, and of course make EBR 75 just as good as it is now.

WG wanted to nerf premium tanks, community goes monkeypoop.  WG decide not to nerf premium tanks, community goes monkeypoop.

When are you going to learn the problem isn't with WG, it's the players who moan if a new tank is balanced then moan that WG don't rebalance it then moan if WG do rebalance it.

shikaka9 #6 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:05 AM

Major

• Player
  • 80294 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 17 July 2020 - 08:00 AM, said:

WG wanted to nerf premium tanks, community goes monkeypoop.  WG decide not to nerf premium tanks, community goes monkeypoop.

When are you going to learn the problem isn't with WG, it's the players who moan if a new tank is balanced then moan that WG don't rebalance it then moan if WG do rebalance it.

It's obvious WG problem, they created premium tanks :honoring:

ZlatanArKung #7 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 17 July 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

WG didn't decide to not nerf the Proghetto, WG decided to buff the Progetto.

And the problem isn't the community at all, WG haven't listened to the community since the thar one patch like 3 years ago that they didn't do.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 17 July 2020 - 10:26 AM.

hjorte #8 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23219 battles

What about the multiple nerfs to the Standard B? Are those called off?

If not, the difference between premium Prog and its family member Std B is even larger.

eldrak #9 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54861 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

Meh. 

Never nerfing prems is such a bad policy when they can't stop themselves from making them too strong to cashgrab.

_Signal_ #10 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49814 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

Taking the queens shilling again? You can only blame WG "solely" for this basically because you really think it's anything to do with the "community" it's down to $$$ plain and simple as it's always has been with them. If from the start they decided to sell all prem tanks for in game gold literally none of this in the past or the future would happen. They could nerf balance buff to their hearts content and the community could bluff and bluster all they want but in the end it wouldn;t have mattered a damn. WG sold tanks for cash (for the only reason not to miss out on extra revenue from the people who already had plenty of in game gold)  and as soon as that happened any idea of "balance" for prems went out the window.

Homer_J #11 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:40 AM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_Signal_, on 17 July 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

Taking the queens shilling again? You can only blame WG "solely" for this basically because you really think it's anything to do with the "community" it's down to $$$ plain and simple as it's always has been with them. If from the start they decided to sell all prem tanks for in game gold literally none of this in the past or the future would happen. They could nerf balance buff to their hearts content and the community could bluff and bluster all they want but in the end it wouldn;t have mattered a damn. WG sold tanks for cash (for the only reason not to miss out on extra revenue from the people who already had plenty of in game gold)  and as soon as that happened any idea of "balance" for prems went out the window.

I already covered that.

When WG release a tank which is merely balanced the community has a good old moan and gripe and refuses to buy it.

And the "rule" for not nerfing premiums goes back to the days when premiums were only available in game for gold.

Richthoffen #12 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33103 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

just makes me wonder, wouldn't it be better if they just said they won't nerf premiums and let it keep the rammer, it will remain the same as it is now without giving it an other extra option equipment wise as they are doing now.

mattynob #13 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14012 battles
  • [SALE] SALE

do you think we are that stupid?

they did not decide "not to nerf" a premium tank, they BUFFED an already quite OP premium tank

do you really don't see it?

this update is bonkers:

• italian line (the most fun to play although not OP) nerfed to oblivion, while the OP premium tier 8 gets buffed
  • obj430s "nerf" meaning their tiny cupola is now as strong as E100 turret. and that's it
  • let's not even talk about the ebr
  • game-breaking new equipment that does not fit at all with the way spotting and 6th sense mechanics currently work
  • bounty equipment we paid for with real money is now not anymore equal to bond equipment
  • binoculars and camo net no more demountable for free (would have preferred to know it before selling the ones i had in excess and keeping only 5 of them)

dear WG, I was genuinely going to pay 32€ (40€ discounted by 20% with tankrewards coupon) for the somua you just released 

now i will not

you just lost a paying customer. i will keep playing the game of course but this is it from my side

take care

HugSeal #14 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:03 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22752 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostZlatanArKung, on 17 July 2020 - 09:05 AM, said:

WG didn't decide to not nerf the Proghetto, WG decided to buff the Progetto.

Well, they couldn't remove an equipment slot since that would be a nerf to people who wasn't using a rammer.

Galaxy_class #15 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13230 battles
Needs a laughing Spanish man meme before I believe this. 

Bora_BOOM #16 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33059 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

WG went from making premium tanks for crew training and credits grinding, across making them for sale cause they are better, up to the newest idea of making essentially a copy-paste new tech line (PL mediums) just to be able to swing in some more premiums for grabbing more money. It will be balanced one, aye... Sure, sure...

WG is to blame that players got spoiled and were offered not only to buy balanced premiums (Ravioli, Lowe, Patriot (yes, even this got power crept), Liberte, KR Patton, Mutz...) and offered Skorpg, LT432, Progetto, Defender, EBR 75...

Now there is no going back, who wouldn't buy a better tank if he can?

The only way this can be fixed is to continue making only "balanced" but "slightly better" tanks from now on and hope that over time they can make OP ones to get power-crept to the level of being equal. Yeah, good luck with that...

Asking the community and waiting for their reaction can only get us to the point where we are. I have the Progetto 46, it will get buffed so I shouldn't complain, right? Well, what happens if I want to play some other tanks, like tier 6 or 7, or even a balanced tier 8 premium and fight a Progetto 46? EBR will still bounce shots? I just can't wait for the next FL if nothing else ...

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 17 July 2020 - 10:09 AM.

m4inbrain #17 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15347 battles

Nonsense. I own both tanks that were to be nerfed, and of course while i don't want them to be nerfed, i also don't need them to be buffed. This is not about "not nerfing", this is about "buffing". People are annoyed (rightfully so) that instead of not nerfing the Prog46, they're substantially buffing it.

Got it? It's not hard to grasp.

View PostHomer_J, on 17 July 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

I already covered that.

When WG release a tank which is merely balanced the community has a good old moan and gripe and refuses to buy it.

And the "rule" for not nerfing premiums goes back to the days when premiums were only available in game for gold.

Nonsense again. 

Of course OP tanks sell better, but even non-op tanks like the T44-100, Prototype etc sell well. Not as well, sure - but i see way more "meh" stuff than OP stuff (M4L, Super Pershing, T34, IS-6 etc - they do sell). 

Even the CDC or Panzer Schmutz sold relatively well, and i don't need to explain what kind of a piles those tank are. You're incredibly disingenuous for someone sporting a moderator tag, it's almost comical. 

IntruderFI #18 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54429 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postkejmo, on 17 July 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

Dont you dare say something against Yuriy, Igor and Anton ! They surely played 20k games and know the game balance in its absolute detail.

There is 1 guy working in balance of this game. Igor and Anton was fired already.

Yuri quit so its the janitor now doing it as a side gig

Bora_BOOM #19 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33059 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Homer has a point, but it is WG-s fault. Nobody would moan about an OP tank if there would be none. Wouldn't complain about a bad one either if there arent any.

So WG wasn't making balanced tanks, they made quite a few too strong ones. Even tho they have done it intentionally, just imagine it being accidental. What happens is, either way, you are making an environment in which balanced tanks do not work any more - you can't make it cause the game balance is off so you fail trying making it balanced, and If you make it - people just do not buy it from the shop cause they have expectations of buying OP tanks...

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 17 July 2020 - 10:18 AM.

FizzleMcSnizzle #20 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29302 battles

That's a bit silly. When are you going to learn that every problem in the game is of the company's making? It wasn't the players who introduced auto-reloaders, EBRs, artillery, corridor maps...

09:21 Added after 1 minute
Oh, also forgot Equipment 2.0, the next disaster on the horizon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users