• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

holmerz #1 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8754 battles
  • [WHKD] WHKD

Hello

This have propably been proposed previously, but here goes.

Ever so often I find myself in a Random battle match, where I'm in a position outnumbered by the enemy and it's to sluggish to communicate, unless you are in a platoon. Also often it happens that 90% of the team cover one flank leaving critical spots on the map uncovered.

It could be cool to have 1 player acting as a team commander with a extended set of directional and tactical commands. In turn each player could be awarded additional exp for following the commanders orders etc.

Anybody else had the same thoughts?

Edited by holmerz, 17 July 2020 - 10:38 AM.

Knuddelwolf #2 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15186 battles
  • [WEGER] WEGER

Way too much trouble to program and no one would follow the commands anyway.How would the game decide who gets to be commander anyway? At random? Would lead to total idiots becoming commanders - who promptly proceed to spam the map with commands because "Wat iz dis? I nu good with combooter..."

Also, most people have chat disabled anyway.

Edited by Knuddelwolf, 17 July 2020 - 10:54 AM.

shikaka9 #3 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:56 AM

Major

• Player
  • 80039 battles

Commander: "Everyone jump in to water!"

:playing:

TomatoShooter #4 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles
Yeah good Idea, make a player like Steve that barely can distinguish W from S the person repsonsible for tactics...

Bordhaw #5 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:02 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16526 battles

View Postholmerz, on 17 July 2020 - 09:37 AM, said:

Hello

Ever so often I find myself in a Random battle match, where I'm in a position outnumbered by the enemy and it's to sluggish to communicate, unless you are in a platoon. Also often it happens that 90% of the team cover one flank leaving critical spots on the map uncovered.

It could be cool to have 1 player acting as a team commander with a extended set of directional and tactical commands. In turn each player could be awarded additional exp for following the commanders orders etc.

I think you've made the mistake of thinking this was a team game. 

Private_Miros #6 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30063 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postholmerz, on 17 July 2020 - 09:37 AM, said:

Hello

So you admit to not following tactics and suiciding alone now. Why would you follow the team in other circumstances then?

Or do you somehow wish the team to follow you alone instead?

UserZer00 #7 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15069 battles

Ok, and now lets see posts proposing how it could work?

(As I have never even platooned and have less than 10 skirmish games from a long time ago, I'll let others do the heavy work)

Edit: Platooned seriously I should say. All my platooning has been with my children at lower tiers)

Edited by UserZer00, 17 July 2020 - 11:07 AM.

GodTank2 #8 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11541 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
people barely know what their tank does and you expect them to lead a team? Not to mention people wouldn't listen to the commands anyways.

UserZer00 #9 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15069 battles

View PostGodTank2, on 17 July 2020 - 11:06 AM, said:

people barely know what their tank does and you expect them to lead a team? Not to mention people wouldn't listen to the commands anyways.

Some might if it meant extra exp

Also, hopefully there would be some kind of requirement to be able to command (hopefully)

qpranger #10 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
I want to be Commander on a loser team and order all to take a swim/jump off a cliff.

GodTank2 #11 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11541 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostUserZer00, on 17 July 2020 - 12:09 PM, said:

Some might if it meant extra exp

Also, hopefully there would be some kind of requirement to be able to command (hopefully)

Good players will never listen to some random dude. If i want to have good dpg or going for a 3 mark i will play how i feel is best for me not what someone else thinks

Wintermute_1 #12 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:34 AM

Major

• Player
  • 55009 battles
I wander what proportion of these commanders would already be on my blacklist, I have a fairly extensive blacklist.

Richthoffen #13 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:38 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33103 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

no problem, give someone a extra set of commands and make him commander, but now the tricky part.. how do you think to force 14 other people to follow those commands?

I don't pay  much attention to other people telling me to do something.

Kdingo #14 Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

General

• Player
  • 33415 battles
Random team commander.... good joke.

Chat is for banter only, that is if its not turned off completely. As 99% of team chat is either crying, insults or low 40% arm chair generals shouting orders. That one moment where someone provides some actual useful info is as rare as it gets.

Mappings are for the vast majority rather useless, if you keep an eye on the map you know whats going on anyways. and then there are those just pinging positions for no reasons, thankfully there are mods to fix that.

In game commands like "help/sos", "follow me" are just a way to let your teammates know you are a muppet who either plans to do stupid things or already got stuck in a poohole.
"follow me" translates to "stay away as far ad possible as i am about to yolo suicide charge for no reason".

There is no team in randoms (non pre select teams) as you have no idea about the quality of each individual, and even if you do most players are simple put bad. Relying on bad players is like building a house on sand.

qpranger #15 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostRichthoffen, on 17 July 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

... how do you think to force 14 other people to follow those commands?

Simple, 24 hours auto-ban for those who don't.

chainreact0r #16 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36792 battles

While it might seem like a terrible idea, it could be interesting if it is implemented in a non-intrusive way.

Give the player with the highest wr in the current tier on each team the possibility to opt in for the commander role. If one player doesn't accept, then there is no commander for that battle.

If both accept, each commander can issue some general orders that last let's say 1 minute and has a cooldown of 1 minute.

The order could be something simple and nonintrusive like having more allied than enemy tanks in a cluster of squares, or having some key enemies dead etc. The orders wouldn't be individual, they should be general, optional and achievable by the team as a whole, even if some people refuse to follow.

If the order is fulfilled within the time limit, everyone in the team gets a coefficient multiplier for their xp and credits, if not, nothing happens and a different more suitable order for the current situation can be issued.

The WR of the commander should be visible to everyone in the team so they know if they follow a muppet or not.

Of course there would be people pissed about this, but in the long run they will just adapt like they did with autoloaders, arty and whatever controversial big chance that made it to the live server over the years.

Private_Miros #17 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30063 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postchainreact0r, on 17 July 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

While it might seem like a terrible idea, it could be interesting if it is implemented in a non-intrusive way.

Give the player with the highest wr in the current tier on each team the possibility to opt in for the commander role. If one player doesn't accept, then there is no commander for that battle.

If both accept, each commander can issue some general orders that last let's say 1 minute and has a cooldown of 1 minute.

The order could be something simple and nonintrusive like having more allied than enemy tanks in a cluster of squares, or having some key enemies dead etc. The orders wouldn't be individual, they should be general, optional and achievable by the team as a whole, even if some people refuse to follow.

If the order is fulfilled within the time limit, everyone in the team gets a coefficient multiplier for their xp and credits, if not, nothing happens and a different more suitable order for the current situation can be issued.

The WR of the commander should be visible to everyone in the team so they know if they follow a muppet or not.

Of course there would be people pissed about this, but in the long run they will just adapt like they did with autoloaders, arty and whatever controversial big chance that made it to the live server over the years.

That would imply some player is better than other players.

We all know how well Steve can cope with that reality. Expect a lot of griefing and throwing games on purpose.

jabster #18 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12856 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 17 July 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

That would imply some player is better than other players.

We all know how well Steve can cope with that reality. Expect a lot of griefing and throwing games on purpose.

We also know how some better players react if some dares not to do what they want. No thank you.

fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 64177 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I don't need such commander, I only need teammates not dying in minutes.

FizzleMcSnizzle #20 Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29037 battles
If I was commander, I'd order every artillery piece to find a wall and splash itself to death. At least the team would lose with its honour intact.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users