Equipment 2.0 Commander's vision system

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

gaargod #1 Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24965 battles

Hi All,

I was looking for quite some time but I couldn't find out how exactly the new Commander's Vision System works and whether it is worth it. Does anyone know whether the reduction in camo is a percentage of the existing camo value, or is it just the number of percentage points subtracted?

For example, if I have the commander's vision system and the enemy tank has camo 40% and is moving, is the resulting camo value 36% (40 * 0.9) or 30% (40-10)? It will make a great difference particularly against heavies with a moving camo of around 10%, which will be either reduced to zero or to 9%. Also for effectiveness of bushes - single bush adds 25% so if 20% is subtracted only 5% bonus per bush remains so it's super strong. If it's 20% of the 25% then the bush is almost as good as before (giving 20% bonus instead of 25%).

Homer_J #2 Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:09 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I would go with the smaller figures until someone does some testing but the wording is a bit ambiguous.

Galaxy_class #3 Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13013 battles
I think it is a straight subtraction from the enemies camo rather than a percentage reduction of their camo percentage but needs some further testing to be sure. One example, I was spotting at the beginning of Tundra and saw a tier 8 VK moving behind a bush. Now obviously a tank like that doesn't have much camo but it was at the edge of my view range and I could see him all the time where I wouldn't normally spot tanks. This makes me think the camo he had plus the camo of the bush had been reduced to zero rather than me cutting into some of his total camo enough to see him but no doubt others will test to find out for sure.

chainreact0r #4 Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36813 battles
If it would cut 20% of the total camo, it would be super OP, cause that would mean that any tank with 20% or less camo has 0%.

gaargod #5 Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24965 battles

View PostGalaxy_class, on 17 July 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

I think it is a straight subtraction from the enemies camo rather than a percentage reduction of their camo percentage but needs some further testing to be sure. One example, I was spotting at the beginning of Tundra and saw a tier 8 VK moving behind a bush. Now obviously a tank like that doesn't have much camo but it was at the edge of my view range and I could see him all the time where I wouldn't normally spot tanks. This makes me think the camo he had plus the camo of the bush had been reduced to zero rather than me cutting into some of his total camo enough to see him but no doubt others will test to find out for sure.

That would be pretty OP, making single bush basically useless (giving 5% bonus if in the right slot). And if you're behind a single bush and move backwards a little to shoot trough the bush, you suddenly get -32.5% camo (if it's in the matching slot) because you're both behind a bush and moving, so you should get spotted from a huge distance... Not saying you're wrong, just that it seems too OP to be true.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77964 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I would suspect based the wording on it, it goes on the current total value on the enemy targets you are trying to spot. As in everything stacked in total if he is stationary behind that bush. Vs just reducing the camo on the bush alone, and not the camo paint or camo net if he has it. As going by the wording again. It seems to only work vs targets moving in the open, or targets behind bushes. Not sitting in the open etc. 

View Postchainreact0r, on 17 July 2020 - 03:20 PM, said:

If it would cut 20% of the total camo, it would be super OP, cause that would mean that any tank with 20% or less camo has 0%.

20% is ONLY vs targets that are already blocked by foliage vs your sightlines. And 12.5% vs targets in the open that are moving. It only works on those two factors by the looks of it. So I would assume a 15% camo tank stationary in the open, would have 15% until he moved and hit the criteria for 12.5% less on a moving target in the open. And tbh, in the open then. It's not many meters in difference vs a light with 452m view range when you have 5% as is when moving. If it works like that, that is. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 17 July 2020 - 03:29 PM.

Galaxy_class #7 Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13013 battles
Yes, testing against a VK probably isn't the best way to do it. :trollface: But then, maybe WG want it to be that way like part of a grand vision to get rid of long distance invisi sniping to make the game more dynamic. It used to be 2 pieces of but was merged into 1 for test 2 and not nerfed back like some other equipment in the third iteration. That could also mean it's not as effective as we think though.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16526 battles

View Postchainreact0r, on 17 July 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

Yep this is why Equipment 2.0 will break the game even further. But all anyone cares about is how much it will cost to demount and pimp all their tanks. 

Galaxy_class #9 Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13013 battles
Played a few games last night with the CVS and it looked like there was a lot more spotting going on. Not only am I spotting more easily but I am getting spotted more easily. I approached a bush on the East of Karkov and spotted someone way before the bush was transparent and got spotted myself. It seemed like the meta of the game is drastically altered with a lot of people running this equipment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users