Jump to content


look out for this rock.


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:09 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 12879 battles
  • 2,613
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

look out for this rock in Empires border, it looks like a nice short cut but its actually a soapstone slope that is next to a rock that gets you stock between the rock and the soap slope that just get you stuck and you cant move.

i tried to help the KV-13 when he got stuck here and i managed to push him out but he was left on his side, and now i was stuck. because WoT Physics. cant move because soap stone ''kills'' your traction and cant slide down because of the rock.

i love this game, it works like a charm. :)



qpranger #2 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:16 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 7,004
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Thanks, I will look out both for that soapy rock and for that kinky camo.

Edited by qpranger, 17 July 2020 - 06:17 PM.


Richthoffen #3 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:18 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 33103 battles
  • 2,881
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011
good thing i have this map blocked

The_Naa #4 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:21 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 12879 battles
  • 2,613
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View Postqpranger, on 17 July 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

Thanks, I will look out both for that soapy rock and for that kinky camo.


:girl:



GalmTwo #5 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:23 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9628 battles
  • 328
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014

You posted this just to flex your custom camo, right?

 

Not judging btw



The_Naa #6 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:28 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 12879 battles
  • 2,613
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostGalmTwo, on 17 July 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

You posted this just to flex your custom camo, right?

 

Not judging btw


naaah if i would that it have would been this:

http://forum.worldof...6#entry17950016

:girl:


Edited by The_Naa, 17 July 2020 - 06:29 PM.


TheJungleBeast #7 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14470 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    12-10-2017
I have seen so many people get stuck there, and who ever trys to help usually gets stuck too.

Edited by TheJungleBeast, 29 July 2020 - 05:33 PM.


UrQuan #8 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22506 battles
  • 7,673
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

I know this rock. It is a very deceiving rock. It makes for a great trap when your slow HT is going against a more mobile tank in defending/attacking that base location & the mobile thank thinks 'That looks like a great & easy way to flank that dumb HT!' & promptly gets stuck.

 

PS: I learned of this rock after a toonmate of mine got stuck there & I got stuck after trying to free him.



LethalWalou #9 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36187 battles
  • 3,733
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

Sorry, but what?


Are we now at the stage of people complaining about physics when a tank is on 70 degree incline, stuck, laying on a rock side ways...?

 

How on earth that looked like a shortcut anyways? Especially if you're slowly pushing someone. I could maybe understand with speed, taking the upper route, but you'd still take air in a situation where you're tilted and would land on one track, most likely taking damage.

Spoiler

 


Edited by LethalWalou, 17 July 2020 - 06:35 PM.


The_Naa #10 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:40 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 12879 battles
  • 2,613
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostLethalWalou, on 17 July 2020 - 06:34 PM, said:

Sorry, but what?


Are we now at the stage of people complaining about physics when a tank is on 70 degree incline, stuck, laying on a rock side ways...?

 

How on earth that looked like a shortcut anyways? Especially if you're slowly pushing someone. I could maybe understand with speed, taking the upper route, but you'd still take air in a situation where you're tilted and would land on one track, most likely taking damage.

Spoiler

 


i did take speed for it and i assume the KV-13 did as well you cant there if you dont build up speed.

and yes we are on stage on complaing about physics. i think everyone has complained about soapstones that when touch it kills all your traction and you cant move at all. you also lose steering.

Edit: you just hit WG's invisible ''nope'' barries that stop your tank right then and there.


Edited by The_Naa, 17 July 2020 - 06:41 PM.


rimmer_the #11 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3682 battles
  • 284
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T
  • Member since:
    04-21-2016

View PostThe_Naa, on 17 July 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

look out for this rock in Empires border, it looks like a nice short cut but its actually a soapstone slope that is next to a rock that gets you stock between the rock and the soap slope that just get you stuck and you cant move.

i tried to help the KV-13 when he got stuck here and i managed to push him out but he was left on his side, and now i was stuck. because WoT Physics. cant move because soap stone ''kills'' your traction and cant slide down because of the rock.

i love this game, it works like a charm. :)

I solved this problem by not playing WOT for now. 


Edited by rimmer_the, 17 July 2020 - 06:44 PM.


wsatnutter #12 Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:46 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27650 battles
  • 10,480
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
duly noted

StronkiTonki #13 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 36343 battles
  • 1,658
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostRichthoffen, on 17 July 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

good thing i have this map blocked

^



shikaka9 #14 Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:29 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 80039 battles
  • 2,606
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
what an soap opera ...  :trollface:

Bordhaw #15 Posted 18 July 2020 - 12:49 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16526 battles
  • 5,655
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostThe_Naa, on 17 July 2020 - 05:09 PM, said:

look out for this rock in Empires border, it looks like a nice short cut but its actually a soapstone slope that is next to a rock that gets you stock between the rock and the soap slope that just get you stuck and you cant move.

i tried to help the KV-13 when he got stuck here and i managed to push him out but he was left on his side, and now i was stuck. because WoT Physics. cant move because soap stone ''kills'' your traction and cant slide down because of the rock.

i love this game, it works like a charm. :)

 

http://forum.worldof...-the-supertest/



wobblybob #16 Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75453 battles
  • 770
  • [TNAC] TNAC
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

Clearly the problem here is a combination of artillery, gold ammo and wheeled vehicles. The majority of the rock was removed by stray artillery fire, the surface was then hardened via an abundance of HEAT shells to a glass like consistency and finally polished to a smooth finish by the rubber wheels of the cars.

 

More evidence, if any was needed, about the problems inherent in the system. 

 

Pretty sure the MM takes some responsibility also...



Steiner011 #17 Posted 18 July 2020 - 03:23 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45279 battles
  • 1,679
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012

There are many rocks , 

 

but this one is yours  , OP.



The_Naa #18 Posted 18 July 2020 - 03:47 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 12879 battles
  • 2,613
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View Postwobblybob, on 18 July 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

Clearly the problem here is a combination of artillery, gold ammo and wheeled vehicles. The majority of the rock was removed by stray artillery fire, the surface was then hardened via an abundance of HEAT shells to a glass like consistency and finally polished to a smooth finish by the rubber wheels of the cars.

 

More evidence, if any was needed, about the problems inherent in the system. 

 

Pretty sure the MM takes some responsibility also...


of course! and i did not have any premium time so i could not pay to win my way out from there.

how was i so blind? :facepalm: the answer was right there. :trollface:

 

View PostSteiner011, on 18 July 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

There are many rocks , 

 

but this one is yours  , OP.

 

this is my rock and this is my gun,

this one for getting stuck and this one for fun.

 



ZlatanArKung #19 Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:22 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 6,177
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
I would so much prefer WG invisible barriers over current soapstone rocks physics.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users