Invisible Shell Bug - No visible shell/hit/damage (not Camo)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

CharlesCholmondelyWarner #1 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11729 battles

For a month or so now, around 1 in every 3 or 4 shots I see and hear nothing, particularly when using SPG... no gun launch sound, no in-air shell graphics, no explosion, or environmetal damage or anything, even if I hit. It's like I haven't fired... But I have (the gun starts reloading), and instead the shell is calculated completely invisibly. In these cases the only way I actually know if I've hit anything is when a damage value pops up next to the enemy tank(s). But I see no explosion, visual damage, and no sound either.

To be clear, I'm not talking about when you shoot at a camouflaged tank and the round disappears if you hit it - in this case you can still see your shell travelling in the air, and you can see any environmental damage if it misses.

Tried uninstalling the game, and redownloading and reinstalling it, with no mods, still no worky.

Tried waiting for various patches in case it was a known bug, but several patches later it's still not fixed.

Also, I've noticed in the Garage, when you open the General Chat or the Missions screens, the page "refreshes" once every 10 or 20 seconds... as if you've quickly clicked another tab and it steals the mouse focus for a split second before refreshing the contents of the window.

Graphics card is 8GB nVidia GTX 1070 fully updated

Win 10 x64 Pro fully updated

Edited by CharlesCholmondelyWarner, 17 July 2020 - 09:39 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77964 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

We did have one here a few months ago with the same issue. No mods, reinstall etc. Even new or old drivers on the GPU. But... he had yet to clear the WOT cache. Once he did, it worked fine again. So it could be that it might work for you too. Now doing so will ofc clear all your settings too. But if you just send it to the trashcan vs shift-delete, you can recover the settings via it if it doesn't work ofc. 

Simply open the run command window in Windows, or go to the address bar on windows explorer and type %appdata%/wargaming.net and remove the WOT folder that appears on that list it will show. See if that does the trick. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 17 July 2020 - 09:42 PM.

LudiKumek #3 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3148 battles

I can confirm everything Charles said about the invisible shells. It happened today for the first time.

Yesterday i updated Windows to 2004 and my GPU drivers to the latest version (i didn't do any GPU updates for about 3 months before yesterday...) and the issue started. The GPU is Nvidia RTX 2070.

It only happens when playing with an SPG, other classes are fine.

CharlesCholmondelyWarner #4 Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11729 battles
No change, still experiencing this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users