Fire Those Ranked Battle Developers From This Game Entirely

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

oo0oo0oooo0oo0o #1 Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31729 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET
A pathetic team which has  "allegedly"  been fixing this mode for years yet still can't. Yesterday and today my statistic is 27 matches and 5 wins in first divison and couldn't even hit rank 3. Got 30ish% performance rating in mode because I kept getting stupid teams. And this piece of crap is called as "Ranked". lol. Closed another ranked season for me. Enjoy your [edited] for others who like to waste their precious time on a totally lucked based system.

Edited by Homer_J, 20 July 2020 - 10:19 AM.
Language

Bennyboymothman #2 Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21826 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
If you were in the team then you were part of the team.

Case closed.

Nitro_Tank #3 Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8996 battles
The mode is hot garbage. Nobody would play it if there were no rewards

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37592 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Whilst winning is nice you can still lose, play well, and get/retain chevrons so if you're still losing that hard the problem is you. Git gud.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78150 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

See... the recent feedback and changes, were mostly because of topics like this in the past and what they wanted the devs to correct and change with the mode. That and the fact people do still mistake this for skilled-based MM. Some are still carried by others winning often, and others get lucky rounds. And thus you get people of all skills on the two first leagues still as such, spread all over. Vs just having "equals" more so than not. 

Even if it was like that, it's not like loss streaks would magically go away. When most you face are of "equal" skill, someone would still have a bad day and lose more so than win. 

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36552 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

If people find these special modes stupid and boring why do they bother playing them?

Whatever the rewards are, they surely can't be worth the waste of time, boredom and annoyance

hjorte #7 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23219 battles

View Postoo0oo0oooo0oo0o, on 19 July 2020 - 03:57 PM, said:

Yesterday and today my statistic is 27 matches and 5 wins in first divison and couldn't even hit rank 3.

That's anguish right there. The cure is easy and it's controlled by yourself - stop playing it.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16533 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 19 July 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

If people find these special modes stupid and boring why do they bother playing them?

Whatever the rewards are, they surely can't be worth the waste of time, boredom and annoyance

https://www.urbandic...php?term=e-peen

TheNightFox #9 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12271 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 19 July 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

It's kind of hilarious, or sad, that people talk about these rewards like WG is giving out euros, or hardware kits, or anything of real value. They are giving out pixel bonds, with which you can buy obsolete tanks and equipment for your pixel tanks that makes almost no difference, and another pixel tank on top, tier 9 so you won't be able to play it in any game mode other than random, and you're going to be bottom tier in it more often than not. I think people are really addicted, and not in a good way, to see these as an offer they can't refuse. You need to look far and wide to find a game so expensive, so demanding and so deceptive.

Gg WG, you've got an army of zombies filling your coffers.

oo0oo0oooo0oo0o #10 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31729 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET
I am not whining because I lost most of my matches and couldn't rank up. They can change this. Why would someone with zero performance keep his chevron as 15th because he was in winning team but I try to keep my chevrons as top 6 in a loser team? Most of matches was yolo and 1min loss. My today's season was 6 wins/28 losses. Ahh yeah I lost all of these matches because of me. Other 14 were totally flawless. [edited]. You can keep your chevrons on mediocre win/loss rate. Not in such huge loss streaks. Yet they still tie ranking on winning. What a stupid system.

malachi6 #11 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles

View Postoo0oo0oooo0oo0o, on 19 July 2020 - 03:57 PM, said:

A pathetic team which has  "allegedly"  been fixing this mode for years yet still can't. Yesterday and today my statistic is 27 matches and 5 wins in first divison and couldn't even hit rank 3. Got 30ish% performance rating in mode because I kept getting stupid teams. And this piece of crap is called as "Ranked". lol. Closed another ranked season for me. Enjoy your cancer for others who like to waste their precious time on a totally lucked based system.

Is it the teams you are getting or the developers?

Also,  Can I suggest you get fired from your job because you equate a life-altering illness with a video game?  After all, we don't have to be reasonable in our arguments, do we?  You don't work to a budget of cash, resources and time or a design brief?  If an army loses a battle, sack all the soldiers and the General?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37592 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postoo0oo0oooo0oo0o, on 19 July 2020 - 07:56 PM, said:

My today's season was 6 wins/28 losses. Ahh yeah I lost all of these matches because of me. Other 14 were totally flawless. [edited]. You can keep your chevrons on mediocre win/loss rate. Not in such huge loss streaks. Yet they still tie ranking on winning. What a stupid system.

And yet you didn't rank up despite the opportunity to gain a chevron, even on a loss.

So it would appear that despite your allegedly terrible teams you weren't able to do any better either, certainly not enough to distinguish yourself from the other 14 in your own team.

tajj7 #13 Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30473 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 19 July 2020 - 05:19 PM, said:

Whilst winning is nice you can still lose, play well, and get/retain chevrons so if you're still losing that hard the problem is you. Git gud.

Not really, if you get bad team after bad team, you can play well and your progress is going to be minimal at best. Most decent players can't consistently get into the top 5 every game and certainly can't get top 1 every game, yet someone who plays much worse, scrapes into the top 10 on winning teams, can progress faster through sheer luck.

The game mode is fundamentally flawed.

Personal progress should not be determined by the team, but currently it is, making ranked progress and certainly the speed of it, involving a lot of luck basically.  I've seen very good streamers get stuck because they got consistently bad teams and those are like top 001% players.

The other issue being that the design of the chevron system, means that often people who contribute to the team losing by playing passively, are often the ones who get rewarded for it.  For example I had a game on Sand River where I was spotting, doing damage, changing flanks, trying my best to win, but the team was terrible and we lost. 

I lost out on top spot to a 705a player, who camped base all game, sniped and shot HE (because I saw him get a lucky pen and got one at the end as well), the guy had a 48% WR and had like 45-47% WRs in most of his tier 10s, but he progressed and I didn't, despite him playing terribly and being part of the reason the team lost. He only got top basically because he got some RNG, mainly with the sniping HE and because he got to do 3 shots as he went down when the enemy team swarmed him because they bounced some shots on him.

That is ranked, it's not that much about personal skill its about not playing to win and getting lucky with teams. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37592 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Posttajj7, on 20 July 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

The game mode is fundamentally flawed.

Agreed, and it will continue to be until they stop rewarding failure. The chevron system needs changing to give chevrons to the whole of the winning team, extras for those that did more and everyone on the losing team loses a chevron, no exceptions.

That way players might be more interested in playing to win instead of playing for 'best loser'. The better players that do more can get extra so they rank up faster and the rest that still contributed to the win won't lose out on one because they fall foul of WG and their xp system.

Case in point. We had a couple guys ninja cap the base once from under the enemy in what was otherwise going to be a crushing defeat for us. They 100% won the game for us, they got nothing for doing it.

Shivva #15 Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30503 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostTheNightFox, on 19 July 2020 - 06:45 PM, said:

It's kind of hilarious, or sad, that people talk about these rewards like WG is giving out euros, or hardware kits, or anything of real value. They are giving out pixel bonds, with which you can buy obsolete tanks and equipment for your pixel tanks that makes almost no difference, and another pixel tank on top, tier 9 so you won't be able to play it in any game mode other than random, and you're going to be bottom tier in it more often than not. I think people are really addicted, and not in a good way, to see these as an offer they can't refuse. You need to look far and wide to find a game so expensive, so demanding and so deceptive.

Gg WG, you've got an army of zombies filling your coffers.

Looking at your battlehistory.. you've filled those coffers yourself by free xp'ing past entire tier 9's and buying premiums so why the high and mighty attitude as if you are somehow above all that and better than the rest of us?..maybe grow up and realise it's a game.. nothing more sinister than that...

Echotun #16 Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24653 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

Its hard to say which format will cause the least amount of negativity. Like if you make everyone on the losing team lose a chevron, then getting bad teams and/or losing streaks will be a lot worse. 

Most people seem to be complaining about:

1. Bad Teams

2. EBRs

3.Arty

So pretty much the same as in randoms, except fewer complaints about OP tanks. 

TheNightFox #17 Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12271 battles

View PostShivva, on 20 July 2020 - 10:19 AM, said:

Looking at your battlehistory.. you've filled those coffers yourself by free xp'ing past entire tier 9's and buying premiums so why the high and mighty attitude as if you are somehow above all that and better than the rest of us?..maybe grow up and realise it's a game.. nothing more sinister than that...

Congratulations on your research, I wouldn't do that on my own history, let alone others. I never excluded myself from the army, y'now, so high and mighty is inappropriate. It's rather a growing realization. It's a game, sure, and people say it's cheap compared to buying yachts and less damaging than pumping heroin, which is true, but compared to, you know, other games, which is the right comparison in my opinion, it's what is said it is.

Edited by TheNightFox, 20 July 2020 - 11:31 AM.

Kdingo #18 Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles
Why are people always so uncreative with their demands for punishment.... fire them.. pff.

Why not demand their orifices to be filled with honey and have them chained on top of a red anthill?
Or at least demand them quartered while singing "let it go"...

jabster #19 Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12856 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTheNightFox, on 20 July 2020 - 10:30 AM, said:

Congratulations on your research, I wouldn't do that on my own history, let alone others. I never excluded myself from the army, y'now, so high and mighty is inappropriate. It's rather a growing realization. It's a game, sure, and people say it's cheap compared to buying yachts and less damaging than pumping heroin, which is true, but compared to, you know, other games, which is the right comparison in my opinion, it's what is said it is.

Go and play those other games then.

Robbie_T #20 Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23010 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

So you know that after 31K  battles....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users