• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

magyshadow #1 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31431 battles
  • [SF] SF

Dear unicums u did it!

You abused game mechanics, you played this game not how your instinct told you but using old unicum saying "stay alive as long as possible to do as much damage as possible".

But...

"They" watched, "they" wanted to be like you, "they" cared more about stats, than team.

Now, we have 90% mediums camping and sniping with no idea how to handle "end of the battle heat".

Maybe it's not your fault, maybe game mechanics forced you to be selfish stats padders and others who followed your game play, to become useless campers.

This spouse to be team game, but i find 2 or 3 team players every 20 battles. That's 2-3 of 300 players!!!! Less than 1%!!!!! 

So now we have 99% players thinking about stats, damage, staying alive as long as possible, and 1% playing this game for fun....

Good job!

FizzleMcSnizzle #2 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29040 battles
Without reading your post, I'm going to guess unicums have finally managed to change a lightbulb without the help of their field commander. GJ, unicums!

TheDrownedApe #3 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 53763 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Is that why they have such high win rates?

Every single game I play to win and I don't care for anything else. Don't blame to yolo [edited], no aim your frustrations the ppl that want to win the most 

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 19 July 2020 - 06:43 PM.

__Eric__ #4 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40698 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It must be contagious....I thought only 45% players were hugging the red line.

Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46921 battles

View Postmagyshadow, on 19 July 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

Dear unicums u did it!

You abused game mechanics, you played this game not how your instinct told you but using old unicum saying "stay alive as long as possible to do as much damage as possible".

But...

"They" watched, "they" wanted to be like you, "they" cared more about stats, than team.

Now, we have 90% mediums camping and sniping with no idea how to handle "end of the battle heat".

Maybe it's not your fault, maybe game mechanics forced you to be selfish stats padders and others who followed your game play, to become useless campers.

This spouse to be team game, but i find 2 or 3 team players every 20 battles. That's 2-3 of 300 players!!!! Less than 1%!!!!! 

So now we have 99% players thinking about stats, damage, staying alive as long as possible, and 1% playing this game for fun....

Good job!

Sad, but true.

This is not so much a team game as it is a 30 man royal rumble.

OreH75 #6 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 56493 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View Postmagyshadow, on 19 July 2020 - 06:31 PM, said:

Dear unicums u did it!

But...

Good job!

99% of players think about stats? You seem to be one them, using xvm as well I guess?

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:58 PM

Bartender

• 19840 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Why do you attribute this behaviour to unis? Hell I was like that when I first played the game, and I had no concept of stats way back when. When you're new and inexperienced (or more just the latter), you often end up making bad plays and dying immediately (or surviving but terribly damaged). Most, rather than think of what they did wrong in that situation, just get annoyed that they died so quick so they start to play more passive in future games to avoid losing health. We end up with the top tier Heavy camping A1 Because a few games before he was bottom tier, yolo'd forward into 3-4 Guns and got nuked out of the battle, so now he thinks he's scared of it happening again. He just wants to shoot stuff and not be shot, simple as that.

They sure aren't taking anything really from unis (and if they are, they are not understanding any of it), but simply adopting strategies based on their inexperience. These strategies henceforth are, well, terrible. I feel like you're mistakenly attributing stats to this when they're not playing for stats. We've all played some kind of FPS Shooter like Battlefield right? Most of those players you see who end up as snipers camping base or something aren't doing it for K/D Padding or anything, they're just not interested in being shot at and want to shoot at stuff with no real threat of retaliation.

magyshadow #8 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31431 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostOreH75, on 19 July 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

99% of players think about stats? You seem to be one them, using xvm as well I guess?

You seam to be offended by my post, sorry about that, I dont use xvm, or know how to install it.

no_skill_bob #9 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 0 battles
Damn, you are so wrong, staying alive as long as possible is right, but that doesnt mean red line sniping, to influence the game you have to survive as long as possible, but if i only camped red line in useless positions, i highly doubt that i would maintain even my overall stats.

Element6 #10 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33475 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 19 July 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

Is that why they have such high win rates?

Every single game I play to win and I don't care for anything else. Don't blame to yolo [edited], no aim your frustrations the ppl that want to win the most 

I think what he is trying to say is that a lot of people try to copy unicum behavior without really understanding how to do it, and thus appear to be very little willing to take a stand and fight. You know, along the lines of a high number of Foch 155's with pure HE loadout in the wake of Circon having a monster battle with such a setup that he posted on Youtube. 

magyshadow #11 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31431 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostElement6, on 19 July 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

I think what he is trying to say is that a lot of people try to copy unicum behavior without really understanding how to do it, and thus appear to be very little willing to take a stand and fight. You know, along the lines of a high number of Foch 155's with pure HE loadout in the wake of Circon having a monster battle with such a setup that he posted on Youtube. 

That's exactly, what I'm trying to say, but wanted just to put some heat on those "playing for stats" unlike those that play for win/team and have stats to show for it.

RainMak3r_ #12 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9216 battles
  • [JORM] JORM

Unfortunately i'm not a unicum, but lately i've found so many arty games that if you want to make it to the late or even the mid the game, at the beginning you have to camp.

DaniulSims #13 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11477 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
Lemme get this straight - you blame the good players for the bad players playing badly?

tajj7 #14 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30308 battles

This thread seems like bait to me, unicums redlining is like a 2015 myth, I thought most people got now that is complete rubbish. 

The best team players will simply be the ones with the highest win rate, and you'll actually find the best players are usually the ones most active, moving the most, nearest the front (unless they have a totally unsuitable vehicles like an Strv or something and even then when they have to they will), spotting for the team etc. etc. 

What most people in game mean when they say 'teamplay', actually is pure selfish behaviour, it's people throwing away their HP or even their whole tank for them to do something or to rescue them from a situation where they mucked up and are going to die, because you know throwing away another tank in a stupid position is clearly great for the team. :rolleyes:

When people say 'teamplay' what they want is lights and meds suiciding for them to spot so they get 1-2 extra shots, they want heavies taking all the hits and lose all their HP so they can get a shot off, they want people to come throw their tank away because they have overextended. 

IntruderFI #15 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54309 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postmagyshadow, on 19 July 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

Dear unicums u did it!

But...

Good job!

Then tell me why there are still so many bad players if everyone is playing like unicums?

magyshadow #16 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31431 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostDaniulSims, on 19 July 2020 - 06:06 PM, said:

Lemme get this straight - you blame the good players for the bad players playing badly?

When you put it that way it sounds funny, but players do try to copy what unicums do. That's even worse than them playing banana style. Unicums or good players, call them as u like, know how to take advantage of that play style, copy cats dont.  

You expect from player that saved his HP to be able to use those at the end of the game. These players just do not.

Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:24 PM

Bartender

• 19840 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postmagyshadow, on 19 July 2020 - 07:21 PM, said:

You expect from player that saved his HP to be able to use those at the end of the game. These players just do not.

But why does this mean that they are actually trying to copy a uni, and not that they're just bad and doing this anyway. Someone camps A1 All game in his top tier heavy on full health, what makes you actually believe this is a player who is trying to copy unis instead of him just being a bad player who has no idea how to actually play the game properly and just wants to shoot stuff (see my earlier post). 

Bulldog_Drummond #18 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36476 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

I'd rather win a game than lose it but have no great expectations of anyone on my team.

In real life I would sack most of them and hire someone better

Heck, I would sack myself - I've been playing this for 8 years and I'm still no good at it

TheNightFox #19 Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12193 battles

View Posttajj7, on 19 July 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

This thread seems like bait to me, unicums redlining is like a 2015 myth, I thought most people got now that is complete rubbish. 

The best team players will simply be the ones with the highest win rate, and you'll actually find the best players are usually the ones most active, moving the most, nearest the front (unless they have a totally unsuitable vehicles like an Strv or something and even then when they have to they will), spotting for the team etc. etc. 

What most people in game mean when they say 'teamplay', actually is pure selfish behaviour, it's people throwing away their HP or even their whole tank for them to do something or to rescue them from a situation where they mucked up and are going to die, because you know throwing away another tank in a stupid position is clearly great for the team. :rolleyes:

When people say 'teamplay' what they want is lights and meds suiciding for them to spot so they get 1-2 extra shots, they want heavies taking all the hits and lose all their HP so they can get a shot off, they want people to come throw their tank away because they have overextended. 

It's not really accurate (unicums camping the redline), but I've seen quite a few of them helpfully waiting, or even goading and insulting other players into taking one for the team, so they can roll in and get free dmg, keep their HP and be top of the list in the end. It still amazes me that some people buy into it and sacrifice their game for the purple general. In other words, what you described, but the other way around. They just do the same crapbetter. No better morals, just doing better while displaying the same toxic behaviour. And that is indeed pure selfish behaviour, as you qualified "the others". This is a supposedly team game, but random at the same time, so there is an oxymoron in there somewhere.

18:38 Added after 1 minute

View PostIntruderFI, on 19 July 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

Then tell me why there are still so many bad players if everyone is playing like unicums?

You might want to read my previous reply, to tajj. There's an answer for your question in there too.

_Signal_ #20 Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49738 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View Postmagyshadow, on 19 July 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

Dear unicums u did it!

But...

Good job!

lol so according to you someone in your team who statiscally wins more matches than 99% of other people is worse for your game than someone else who hasn't got a clue but "plays for the team".. I imagine you think someone sitting back and saving their HP is worse than someone who goes forward and loses 50% of their HP in less than a minute. Now let me guess you would rather want 15 team players in your team or 15 unicums? 

Edited by _Signal_, 19 July 2020 - 08:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users