Question about 1.10 equipment rework

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

pihip #1 Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17590 battles

The more I read the articles about this change, the less I like them.

Specifically, the fact that there seems to be very little in the form of compensation or automatic conversion.

To give an example - today I bought Object 430, which, with the current equipment system, uses a medium caliber gun rammer. With the change, that should become a rammer 2nd class, meaning it won't be compatible with the tank anymore (Tier 8+ require rammer 1st class from what I understood).

That means I will have to demount/sell the old rammer, and buy a new one for 600k credits, because WG seems unconcerned with this incompatibility issue (I mean, they're not even offering equipment discounts and free demounts with the patch, the only thing I see is that we'll get a bunch of demount kits, how many and at which conditions no one knows).

This of course applies to all tanks that will have such incompatibilities.

Did I get things right, or am I missing something? Because if I got things right, this "rework" seems like a massive ripoff and an excuse to empty our credits coffers (and I'm lucky I have only 20 tanks in my garage, there are people with 200+).

The_Naa #2 Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:47 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12969 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

well if you cant have the equipment anymore because its not the right kind it will be automatically removed for you i assume.

dont think i can keep all my 3 equipment on my tier 2 tanks because i have them in there. WG will mostlikely remove them for me cuz they dont want me having those in there anymore, or they dont i can be stubborn and keep them in them in the tank against WG's will. :P

pihip #3 Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17590 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 20 July 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

well if you cant have the equipment anymore because its not the right kind it will be automatically removed for you i assume.

dont think i can keep all my 3 equipment on my tier 2 tanks because i have them in there. WG will mostlikely remove them for me cuz they dont want me having those in there anymore, or they dont i can be stubborn and keep them in them in the tank against WG's will. :P

Tier 1-2 tanks should have no equipment slots period, so those should be sent to the depot. My issue is with Tier 8+ tanks however. :(

Balc0ra #4 Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78197 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

With changes like this, compensations or the way they will actually do it is not discussed or even final on CT. So who knows when we get closer to live if anything will change or stay as is. 

Most tanks I have when I went on CT had all or some of their equipment auto dismounted. Inc mid to low tier that had all of theirs taken off, and some stuff like the old toolbox that got changed etc got auto removed, or removed if it was incompatible. But not the other way around. As now it seems equipment is based on tier vs class or even caliber. So tier 8+ equipment mounted on a lower tier like the current optics or binocs stayed. But if it was equipment meant for a lower tier on a high tier. It was already off. 

The issue is, as others have pointed out too, is that on CT my depot was full of auto dismounted equipment I can't use on anything they took it off from. Or high tier gear I can't use on anything but tier 8+ once I take it off my mid to lower tiers, like every single binocs I have now on live. And I have 256 tanks. So I had a fair bit in the depot. Meaning I have to buy a fair bit to replace it, even tho they are cheaper. I get 300K for all the bionics I can't use. And a new one on a tier 4 costs 50K, not 600 000K. So tbh... a simple fix on patch day would be to have the option to sell those for a 100% profit, vs 50% as per the norm for a week or so. 

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 20 July 2020 - 09:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15357 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

I read in in one of the articles the equipment on the tank will remain there (and working) even if the class is incorrect. Only after you remove it, you will have the new type effective in your depot. Also they mentioned you will get max 30 demounting kits. 

Of course nothing is finalized yet, test server only.

Homer_J #6 Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:27 AM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postpihip, on 20 July 2020 - 09:42 AM, said:

To give an example - today I bought Object 430, which, with the current equipment system, uses a medium caliber gun rammer. With the change, that should become a rammer 2nd class, meaning it won't be compatible with the tank anymore (Tier 8+ require rammer 1st class from what I understood).

That means I will have to demount/sell the old rammer, and buy a new one for 600k credits, because WG seems unconcerned with this incompatibility issue (I mean, they're not even offering equipment discounts and free demounts with the patch, the only thing I see is that we'll get a bunch of demount kits, how many and at which conditions no one knows).

The medium rammer won't exist any more so in this case your rammer will be converted to the compatible one.  You won't have to do anything.

no_skill_bob #7 Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:50 AM

Major

• Player
  • 0 battles
this rework is rather useless, only few of new equipment units seem interesting to me - that new vstab(the one which can be mounted on any vehicle-td vstab :D), camo increasing one, maybe improved vision thing that reduces enemy camo and new toolbox replacement, the rest seems rather useless, considering that you have to drop other equipment unit to use them.

gunslingerXXX #8 Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:15 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15357 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postno_skill_bob, on 20 July 2020 - 10:50 AM, said:

this rework is rather useless, only few of new equipment units seem interesting to me - that new vstab(the one which can be mounted on any vehicle-td vstab :D), camo increasing one, maybe improved vision thing that reduces enemy camo and new toolbox replacement, the rest seems rather useless, considering that you have to drop other equipment unit to use them.

Agree. IMO it would be better if they just add the few usefull ones to the current system and be done with it. 

facmanpob #9 Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6009 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View Postpihip, on 20 July 2020 - 08:42 AM, said:

The more I read the articles about this change, the less I like them.

Specifically, the fact that there seems to be very little in the form of compensation or automatic conversion.

This of course applies to all tanks that will have such incompatibilities.

Did I get things right, or am I missing something? Because if I got things right, this "rework" seems like a massive ripoff and an excuse to empty our credits coffers (and I'm lucky I have only 20 tanks in my garage, there are people with 200+).

Actually your example is incorrect, as clarified by this article:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/sandbox-equipment-results/

Example:

If a Tier X medium tank had a Medium-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer, it'll become a Gun Rammer Class 2.

Only if a Tier VIII–X tank had a Large-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer before will it have compatibility with Gun Rammer Class 1 in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users