Equipment 2.0 question - what happens to Equipment in the Depot that needs conversion?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

facmanpob #1 Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6009 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

For example, currently there is only a single type of Optics, called Coated Optics, available for 500k credits.

Under equipment 2.0 there will be 3 types of Coated Optics, Class 1-3, costing 600k, 200k and 50k respectively. If I have a set of Coated Optics sitting in my depot, what class will it be converted to when the new system drops? I've looked through every article I can find and that question doesn't seem to be answered.

In addition, currently Improved Ventilation classes 1-3 are split via tank class, not tier, with class 1 applying mainly to LT, class 2 for Meds and some TDs, and Class 3 for Heavies and other TDs. Under the new system the ventilation equipment looks like it is classed per tier (like the other new equipment), with class 3 seeming to apply to low tiers, class 2 to mid tiers and class 1 for high tier tanks. I can't find anything to explain how the current vents will be converted if they are sitting in your depot. If they are applied to tanks I can see them being converted to the correct type for that tank, but if they are in the depot who knows?

I'm wondering if the best option is to make sure that all equipment is applied to high tier tanks to get the best 'bang for your buck'?

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15357 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

I tried to compare my depot on the live server with the testserver for the same reason, but due to timing difference (testserver is from a while back) and the changes this was not very easy. Also in their infinit wisdom I think they even managed to reverse the order for vents from cheap to expensive... 

Anyway, I got the impression they just change based on value, where if there is a difference you get the more expensive option. 

Spoiler

facmanpob #3 Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6009 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 20 July 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

I tried to compare my depot on the live server with the testserver for the same reason, but due to timing difference (testserver is from a while back) and the changes this was not very easy. Also in their infinit wisdom I think they even managed to reverse the order for vents from cheap to expensive... 

Anyway, I got the impression they just change based on value, where if there is a difference you get the more expensive option. 

Spoiler

Thanks gunslinger, makes sense to me

oBmg #4 Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5091 battles
  • [-SOC-] -SOC-

Equipment 2.0 "idea " will  soon be dumped between uranium filled barrels at Semipalatinsk depot , and never be spoken about again.

Authors of idea will get promotion.

Edited by oBmg, 21 July 2020 - 04:50 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78197 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

All current optics and binocs will be the tier 8+ variant for 600 000. 

BUT... if it's already mounted on a lower tier on test as of now, it will be marked as a high tier equipment, but not demounted. I had all my optics etc on my tier 7's to 4's. As tier 3 and down had all theirs taken off regardless. I was still there and working IF it was mounted. But if it take it off, I got a warning that it will only work on tier 8+, and I can't move it to a different tier 4. As that costs 50 000 for a new one there now, not 600 000.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users