• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

splash_time #1 Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17511 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi fellas,

I was wondering, about the new improved equipment and the new slots that are assigned for a specific roll and etc in equipment 2.0, won't they make the game even worse? I mean, increasing the optics VR or the gun rammer percentage and so on. 

Won't they make the battles endings even faster compared to now? Because tanks, maps, and etc are all the same, but the equipments were directly buffed which is going to effect literally every class. 

What you think about this? Is it really fine? 

Notice that i haven't play neither on the ST and neither on the CT, so I'll appreciate sharing your opinions. 

Thank you for reading, 

Kind regards,

Splash. :)

Bordhaw #2 Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:13 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16533 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 21 July 2020 - 09:49 AM, said:

I was wondering, about the new improved equipment and the new slots that are assigned for a specific roll and etc in equipment 2.0, won't they make the game even worse? I mean, increasing the optics VR or the gun rammer percentage and so on. 

Won't they make the battles endings even faster compared to now? Because tanks, maps, and etc are all the same, but the equipments were directly buffed which is going to effect literally every class. 

Yes it will. The maps are 10 years too small for the game now.

Unfortunately, most of the players on this forum are more concerned about how much it will "cost" to get all their tanks equipped with this new shiny equipment than the implications that you've mentioned.

Spurtung #3 Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:24 AM

General

• Player
  • 83165 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View PostBordhaw, on 21 July 2020 - 11:13 AM, said:

Unfortunately, most of the players on this forum are more concerned about how much it will "cost" to get all their tanks equipped with this new shiny equipment than the implications that you've mentioned.

Not totally correct.

The whole cost debacle also carries an inherent issue:

a) if people don't really get their current equipment demounted for free, then they can't realistically experiment a whole lot of the new equipment without having to pay for the "privilege", which brings us to

b) if people can't tweak freely, why make such a big change to begin with while basically forcing people to remain as they are or pay up?

Either of those is a fail on the new system.

If people don't change anything, then it was never needed.

If people can't change due to costs, then it was not fair.

And then, only after those willing to pay up do so, does this other issue of what exactly will the new equipment pieces do to the game come up.

Jumping_Turtle #4 Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:32 AM

General

• Player
  • 75898 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

I am more concerned that the upcomming crew changes will ruin it even more. I for one am not changing anything on my tanks till the crew changes are known. dont want to have to change my tanks twice for an insane amount of credits because the crewchanges will change everything again.

They should have done the crew and equipment change in one patch.

splash_time #5 Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17511 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 21 July 2020 - 01:32 PM, said:

I am more concerned that the upcomming crew changes will ruin it even more. I for one am not changing anything on my tanks till the crew changes are known. dont want to have to change my tanks twice for an insane amount of credits because the crewchanges will change everything again.

They should have done the crew and equipment change in one patch.

Pretty much the same over here, I still don't know what they've planned for crew skills, as I've spend all the time on training my crew...and still training them even now for FV4005 line. 

The equipments are seriously important, but crew skill are way more important because you can grind credits in couple of hours, but not Crew skills... 

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15336 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
I'm afraid the broken spotting mechanics from tier 8+ will start to occur at tier 5-7 as well, making light tanks pointless there as well.

mpf1959 #7 Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38717 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

What exactly was so badly broken in the game (and I mean broken in the dictionary sense) that required these substantial crew and equipment changes to even be made?

I cannot for the life of me see what it might have been, so remain convinced it is change for the sake of it, and all we get is the brilliant opportunity to suck it up, and deal with the changes whether we want them or not.

Well, I might, but might not. Their attitude has certainly saved me a lot of money in the future, they will get nothing any more, I never thought I would feel this way, but I've had enough of them and their dumb changes.

splash_time #8 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17511 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmpf1959, on 21 July 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

What exactly was so badly broken in the game (and I mean broken in the dictionary sense) that required these substantial crew and equipment changes to even be made?

I cannot for the life of me see what it might have been, so remain convinced it is change for the sake of it, and all we get is the brilliant opportunity to suck it up, and deal with the changes whether we want them or not.

Well, I might, but might not. Their attitude has certainly saved me a lot of money in the future, they will get nothing any more, I never thought I would feel this way, but I've had enough of them and their dumb changes.

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 21 July 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

I'm afraid the broken spotting mechanics from tier 8+ will start to occur at tier 5-7 as well, making light tanks pointless there as well.

Well, and hopefully, if they wanna ruin their own game, why should we care? And plus, i never seen anyone complaining about crew skills or equipment changes. All what people asked for was to add couple of new equipment or skills to the game, but here we see that they add new difficult systems (and i assume they plan for something similar to this for crew skills) that no one asked for.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78150 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postsplash_time, on 21 July 2020 - 10:49 AM, said:

Hi fellas,

What you think about this? Is it really fine? 

Notice that i haven't play neither on the ST and neither on the CT, so I'll appreciate sharing your opinions. 

Thank you for reading, 

Kind regards,

Splash. :)

Worse? Tbh not really IMO. As in lower tiers narrows the gap between old and new players. As tier 1 you can't even use food or binocs anymore. And on tier II it's food or repair, you can't have both. As now tier 1 won't get fires, module or crew damage at all. Tier II only has module damage and one consumable slot. Tier II has fire, but vs now it does way less damage and is put out way way faster on its own. On higher tiers, it depends on your build I guess. Yes, they have slots for one role. But you can still have anything in it. Some equipment just gets more in those slots. And some equipment covers all roles like Vents. So they always get the bonus regardless if it's slot one on tier 6+. Now it's more down to builds. As not everyone will go for more DPM. Some might go for HP and repair speed, or more top speed. So even if you have two equal meds. One with vents, rammer and optics, as in the vents in slot one for 6%. The other with Turbo, vents and rammer. Thus having 5% on the vents, and turbo for more top speed etc. It won't necessarily end the battles faster. It will just benefit one more in some situations tbh. Same with HTs. If one has more DPM, and the other has more repair and HP to take more damage. The DPM bonus is not gonna end anything faster. Some bonuses just... cancel other bonuses out if you will. 

Then there is pricing. As now vents costs 600 000 regardless if it's for the Maus or the B2 on tier 4. As a HT vent is still a HT. So some players can't afford equipment on their mid-tiers. So the gap you talk about is already there on some tiers. As not all have vents, rammer, toolbox, food, 6 crew skills etc on their KV-1 even. Equipment 2.0 it's not just class-based. But tier based. Binocs on a tier 4 costs 50 000. So everyone can afford it on their lights as a new player. Vs saving 500 000 for it. Thus reducing some gaps faster that way. So it can work both ways depending on how you look at it. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 July 2020 - 03:16 PM.

FizzleMcSnizzle #10 Posted 21 July 2020 - 04:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29281 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 21 July 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

I think WG imagines itself as capable of "fixing" equipment, whereas it sees no solution to the real problems (it has created itself). Hence the work.

mpf1959 #11 Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:47 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38717 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 21 July 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

I think WG imagines itself as capable of "fixing" equipment, whereas it sees no solution to the real problems (it has created itself). Hence the work.

I would sooner they take their wages, (which I was happy to contribute to) and play pc games all day, or watch telly, anything, just leave the damned game alone!

GalmTwo #12 Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9722 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Equipment 2.0. clearly requires more testing, as it's being pushed out the door WAAAY too soon, to coincide with the 10th anniversary thing. 

Also tagged with Equipment 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users