Should improved equipment be refunded in bonds with equipment 2.0 update?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Which would you prefer after 1.10 patch (4 members have cast votes)

Improved bond equipment removal to depot or refund of bonds

1. Depot for free (1 vote [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Refund of bonds (3 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

HMS_Birmingham #1 Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14982 battles

With the new selection of equipment propsed by equipment 2.0 and the 1.10 patch personally I have found both on the sandbox and common test that previous choices in bond improved equipment are now almost redundant and had I the choice over again I would have chose differently. This is after all the whole reason WG equipment 2.0 is being implemented isn't it?.... to offer more choice to the player and offer more dynamic game play over the usual Rammer, vent, VS choice made by so many?

I know not everyone has improved equipment but I had to, as I'm sure others had to, grind for what seemed a eternity to get the bonds to purchase improved equipment and while bonds are easier to gain these days there is still a great deal of effort involved to replace improved equipment you no longer feel relevant due to new standard choices soon to be available. I would much rather this some what forced upon us equipment update should come with a gesture of good will and any improved equipment see its value refunded back in bonds. I don't feel it is too much to ask! It's all very well to remove to depot for free but half the equipment is no longer going to suit the tanks I'd previously had them installed on due to more than just the equipment 2.0 updates but also the balancing of tanks in 1.10 patch.

Gremlin182 #2 Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65436 battles

Even though its quite likely that little will change and the Rammer Stabiliser/GLD Optics/Vents format will still be the most commonly used.

The new equipment selection gives players more options to choose from.

Therefor all equipment of any kind should be removed.

There is even an argument for every piece of equipment to be replaced with credits or bonds,

Its not one I am interested in taking up but nonetheless you could argue that had this equipment been available from the start some of it would have been bought in preference to current equipment.

Maybe most light tank players would have prioritised improved vision system over say a gun rammer.

No solution is perfect but removing all equipment then converting replacing where necessary with new or altered equipment is the closest.

Way better than demounting kits where we will always argue over how many are enough.

A simple look its all there in the depot do what you want with it in your own time and at no cost.

Edited by Gremlin182, 22 July 2020 - 02:17 AM.

HMS_Birmingham #3 Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14982 battles

Demount kits lol don't get me ranting about those aswell.

Here we have more missions for you to grind through to earn demount kits to remove equipment you have been more than happy with for the past 10 years so you can try out the new equipment we have dreamed up. Don't worry about the potential credit loss through conversions of class because you can grind some more credits. Grind, grind, grind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users