Jump to content


Clan Reputation means everything

a message to top clan leaders

  • Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

RockyRoller #1 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:07 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41540 battles
  • 1,863
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

When I used to play MMO's your clans reputation and personal reputation was important. Last thing you wanted was to be branded as idiots of the server or viewed unreasonably mean to casual players.

 

So why am I writing this to Clan leaders and CEO's of clans with win rates above 1300+?

 

Well I gave up clan playing because well I just got fed up with it and wanted a long rest; so I'm not looking to join a clan, I'm doing my own thing, and I know full well some Personal Officers are chosen just to keep the player for the clan numbers not because they are special, if they were special in a battle they'd be CO's, CEO, working on required stuff and actually doing something of use!

 

So I thought you ought to know I've been getting post game messages from a few Personnel Officers telling me I'm no good, I'll never be any good, I need to uninstall, and so on. Water off a ducks back to me as I know soon as I get the comments they haven't a clue how the game works in certain areas, why my win8 stats are really low, or that I have no interest interviewing for their clan or any other or uninstalling WoT because of an idiot.

I'm just doing my own thing, and these muppets are trashing YOUR clans reputation. Not my reputation, YOU and YOUR MEMBERS REPUTATION, because if you have made a idiot as a Personal Officer sending childish rude messages to someone with a low win8 it reflects on you.

 

I feel sorry for your Clan because I know from personal experience how hard it can be in a top guild to run it smoothly but have just 1 player trash you, hence my post to suggest you keep an eye on your staff.



Kdingo #2 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:16 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33415 battles
  • 9,085
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011
Take it to the ceo of the clan if you actually care.
An open letter like this, where you pretend it doesn't bother you but still enough to write an essay, just smell of butthurt.

TomatoShooter #3 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1136 battles
  • 631
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014
Mad because FAME rejected your apply?

jabster #4 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12856 battles
  • 28,298
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostRockyRoller, on 21 July 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

When I used to play MMO's your clans reputation and personal reputation was important. Last thing you wanted was to be branded as idiots of the server or viewed unreasonably mean to casual players.

 

So why am I writing this to Clan leaders and CEO's of clans with win rates above 1300+?

 

Well I gave up clan playing because well I just got fed up with it and wanted a long rest; so I'm not looking to join a clan, I'm doing my own thing, and I know full well some Personal Officers are chosen just to keep the player for the clan numbers not because they are special, if they were special in a battle they'd be CO's, CEO, working on required stuff and actually doing something of use!

 

So I thought you ought to know I've been getting post game messages from a few Personnel Officers telling me I'm no good, I'll never be any good, I need to uninstall, and so on. Water off a ducks back to me as I know soon as I get the comments they haven't a clue how the game works in certain areas, why my win8 stats are really low, or that I have no interest interviewing for their clan or any other or uninstalling WoT because of an idiot.

I'm just doing my own thing, and these muppets are trashing YOUR clans reputation. Not my reputation, YOU and YOUR MEMBERS REPUTATION, because if you have made a idiot as a Personal Officer sending childish rude messages to someone with a low win8 it reflects on you.

 

I feel sorry for your Clan because I know from personal experience how hard it can be in a top guild to run it smoothly but have just 1 player trash you, hence my post to suggest you keep an eye on your staff.


So water off a duck’s back but you created a thread to say how unimportant it is.



Cobra6 #5 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16624 battles
  • 18,557
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

The solution is very simple, lift your quality of gameplay to not be on par with a bot program and the comments will vanish.

 

With such a low win-ratio you almost have to actively try to make your team lose every match you play which will eventually trigger people who are playing this game for it's objectives: To *WIN*.

 

This is not a single player experience but an online team-based multiplayer game which means your actions impact 14 other players and their enjoyment of the game.

It's therefore your job and duty to perform to the best of your abilities and to try improve over time as to not be a nuisance/handicap to your team mates.

 

If you want to simply drive around in a tank and not care I can recommend a game called T-34 vs. Tiger, it's a nice single player experience and you can enjoy all the driving you want.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 21 July 2020 - 02:30 PM.


OniichanSenpai #6 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:29 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3217 battles
  • 278
  • Member since:
    03-11-2020
I wish my win rate was over 1300 too
 


Warzey #7 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 61802 battles
  • 1,502
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011
The only instance where reputation might be ever so slightly relevant is with top 10 clans. Besides, most of the players are like goldfish, they'll forget about all the drama in a week. 

jabster #8 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12856 battles
  • 28,298
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 21 July 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

I wish my win rate was over 1300 too
 

My understanding, correct if I’m wrong here, is that a good way to improve your overall stats is to reroll your account.



RockyRoller #9 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41540 battles
  • 1,863
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

nope, I may be mad but not because of rejection ;P. I'm not bothering into contact individual clans, their mess they can deal with it or people talk and reps go. Butthurt, no, in the old days I used to be a member of the select server of major end game players and I would have posted there to my server guild there was an issue happening. Now I'm just a nobody, I post here for the somebodies to be aware.

 

After the one today after so many I decided now was the time to broadcast to everyone concerned as it wasn't just one bad apple but a few different ones over the last week or so.

 

So from those getting the messages, to those giving them clan rank authority, these messages are just from dumb people. Clans don't want them defining who joins because a bad to the player base rep only gets like-minded players wanting to join to be a PITA, and casual player don't need to be getting rudeness and uninstal messages after a random battle from a person flouting clan authority asserting they are better than you.



fwhaatpiraat #10 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 64177 battles
  • 2,794
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostCobra6, on 21 July 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

The solution is very simple, lift your quality of gameplay to not be on par with a bot program and the comments will vanish.

 

With such a low win-ratio you almost have to actively try to make your team lose every match you play which will eventually trigger people who are playing this game for it's objectives: To *WIN*.

 

This is not a single player experience but an online team-based multiplayer game which means your actions impact 14 other players and their enjoyment of the game.

It's therefore your job and duty to perform to the best of your abilities and to try improve over time as to not be a nuisance/handicap to your team mates.

 

If you want to simply drive around in a tank and not care I can recommend a game called T-34 vs. Tiger, it's a nice single player experience and you can enjoy all the driving you want.

 

Cobra 6


I will write your clan commander for a response like this.



RockyRoller #11 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41540 battles
  • 1,863
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

View PostCobra6, on 21 July 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

The solution is very simple, lift your quality of gameplay to not be on par with a bot program and the comments will vanish.

 

With such a low win-ratio you almost have to actively try to make your team lose every match you play which will eventually trigger people who are playing this game for it's objectives: To *WIN*.

 

This is not a single player experience but an online team-based multiplayer game which means your actions impact 14 other players and their enjoyment of the game.

It's therefore your job and duty to perform to the best of your abilities and to try improve over time as to not be a nuisance/handicap to your team mates.

 

If you want to simply drive around in a tank and not care I can recommend a game called T-34 vs. Tiger, it's a nice single player experience and you can enjoy all the driving you want.

 

Cobra 6

 

yeah I'm slowly working on it, improving the scores of the tanks I rushed through as I honestly didn't care about ranks as long as i got the credits/research done for the next tank in the series. Got the range of tanks I wanted now, so.....

I'm playing other games too when I fancy it.

In games I can be in the top 10, top 5, even top for the daily missions, or be mad, yolo because its fun sometimes to just go yolo and be different for a change.

13:47 Added after 1 minute

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 21 July 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:


I will write your clan commander for a response like this.

 

don't forget to send a Christmas card



Kdingo #12 Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:51 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33415 battles
  • 9,085
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostRockyRoller, on 21 July 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

nope, I may be mad but not because of rejection ;P. I'm not bothering into contact individual clans, their mess they can deal with it or people talk and reps go. Butthurt, no, in the old days I used to be a member of the select server of major end game players and I would have posted there to my server guild there was an issue happening. Now I'm just a nobody, I post here for the somebodies to be aware.

 

After the one today after so many I decided now was the time to broadcast to everyone concerned as it wasn't just one bad apple but a few different ones over the last week or so.

 

So from those getting the messages, to those giving them clan rank authority, these messages are just from dumb people. Clans don't want them defining who joins because a bad to the player base rep only gets like-minded players wanting to join to be a PITA, and casual player don't need to be getting rudeness and uninstal messages after a random battle from a person flouting clan authority asserting they are better than you.

 

So the problem is that, in your opinion, reputation matters while for the vast majority of players it doesn't.

Just cause you played one game where reputation was of relevance doesn't mean it applies to other games.

Clans, specially good ones, are a functional construct of people to achieve something they couldn't do alone. Several just join clans for campaigns and leave right after.

Not everyone joins a clan to socialize and i regards to this game i rather have a team of competent a**holes then inept nice guys.



RockyRoller #13 Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:21 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41540 battles
  • 1,863
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

Well, lets say you have a bad apple in your clan. It goes round pushing players tanks so they get moved out of cover, it bumps tanks so they miss shots, it prevents other getting their missions done. Just how long do you think it takes before players talk to each other about that persons actions. The talk grows, and your clan gets tarred with that same brush. I don't want that, you don't want that, I'm being nice and giving you a heads up what's going on behind your back maybe? But for the record I've not received any messages from your clan PO's.

 

Within the month you have a bad rep and only griefer start applying to join the clan that protects griefers.

I've seen it happen especially in top guilds when the pressure on, tensions stress, moral falls and guild disbands because one bad apple wasn't booted fast enough. It really does apply in all team work games. Only aspect I see that won't affect a clan would be in tradeskills and players nnot buying or selling to you. But casual groups or skirmishes and other fun stuff a bad clan rep might make people think twice on letting 'you' in or report 'you' on questionable stuff because you get no benefit of the doubt. Wargaming might ever hear the gossip and take a closer look just to be safe. Would a griefer clan who win by whatever it takes not use illegal mods too? Personal and group reputations matter; you just haven't realised it yet?

 

I know the difference between a casual guild and endgame one. I've climbed both those ladders, casual casuals that turn raider guilds to end game that beat the boss before the next expansion is released.

I love to win, and when I know I can't and being a foot soldier is best for the win.  But griefers don't help anyone but themselves and will hurt you to be one up on you, it's the way of some to look good.

I don't know why you think it otherwise, maybe you've been lucky and not fell foul of the in every game griefer?



__Eric__ #14 Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40698 battles
  • 1,961
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013

View PostRockyRoller, on 21 July 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

When I used to play MMO's your clans reputation and personal reputation was important. Last thing you wanted was to be branded as idiots of the server or viewed unreasonably mean to casual players.

 

So why am I writing this to Clan leaders and CEO's of clans with win rates above 1300+?

 

Well I gave up clan playing because well I just got fed up with it and wanted a long rest; so I'm not looking to join a clan, I'm doing my own thing, and I know full well some Personal Officers are chosen just to keep the player for the clan numbers not because they are special, if they were special in a battle they'd be CO's, CEO, working on required stuff and actually doing something of use!

 

So I thought you ought to know I've been getting post game messages from a few Personnel Officers telling me I'm no good, I'll never be any good, I need to uninstall, and so on. Water off a ducks back to me as I know soon as I get the comments they haven't a clue how the game works in certain areas, why my win8 stats are really low, or that I have no interest interviewing for their clan or any other or uninstalling WoT because of an idiot.

I'm just doing my own thing, and these muppets are trashing YOUR clans reputation. Not my reputation, YOU and YOUR MEMBERS REPUTATION, because if you have made a idiot as a Personal Officer sending childish rude messages to someone with a low win8 it reflects on you.

 

I feel sorry for your Clan because I know from personal experience how hard it can be in a top guild to run it smoothly but have just 1 player trash you, hence my post to suggest you keep an eye on your staff.


We don't care about stats.

 

Can you draw a fish?



Kdingo #15 Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:32 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33415 battles
  • 9,085
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostRockyRoller, on 21 July 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

Well, lets say you have a bad apple in your clan. It goes round pushing players tanks so they get moved out of cover, it bumps tanks so they miss shots, it prevents other getting their missions done. Just how long do you think it takes before players talk to each other about that persons actions. The talk grows, and your clan gets tarred with that same brush. I don't want that, you don't want that, I'm being nice and giving you a heads up what's going on behind your back maybe? But for the record I've not received any messages from your clan PO's.

 

Within the month you have a bad rep and only griefer start applying to join the clan that protects griefers.

I've seen it happen especially in top guilds when the pressure on, tensions stress, moral falls and guild disbands because one bad apple wasn't booted fast enough. It really does apply in all team work games. Only aspect I see that won't affect a clan would be in tradeskills and players nnot buying or selling to you. But casual groups or skirmishes and other fun stuff a bad clan rep might make people think twice on letting 'you' in or report 'you' on questionable stuff because you get no benefit of the doubt. Wargaming might ever hear the gossip and take a closer look just to be safe. Would a griefer clan who win by whatever it takes not use illegal mods too? Personal and group reputations matter; you just haven't realised it yet?

 

I know the difference between a casual guild and endgame one. I've climbed both those ladders, casual casuals that turn raider guilds to end game that beat the boss before the next expansion is released.

I love to win, and when I know I can't and being a foot soldier is best for the win.  But griefers don't help anyone but themselves and will hurt you to be one up on you, it's the way of some to look good.

I don't know why you think it otherwise, maybe you've been lucky and not fell foul of the in every game griefer?

 

You really should stop applying xy guild reputation stuff to wot clans.

Reputation has simply no relevance, you just want competent players to win. What some random others think of you cause some of your clan members do "bad" things is of no relevance.

 

Stick to games where it might matter if its important to you. In wot it is not.



RockyRoller #16 Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:38 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41540 battles
  • 1,863
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

View Post__Eric__, on 21 July 2020 - 02:26 PM, said:


We don't care about stats.

 

Can you draw a fish?

 

I'm fish dyslexic, all those scales that reflect light making a discothèque  on the dance floor makes me think of Pans People. I used to home brew and could draw a pint, that was fun until the next day :/



LethalWalou #17 Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:40 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36188 battles
  • 3,737
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostKdingo, on 21 July 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

 

You really should stop applying xy guild reputation stuff to wot clans.

Reputation has simply no relevance, you just want competent players to win. What some random others think of you cause some of your clan members do "bad" things is of no relevance.

 

Stick to games where it might matter if its important to you. In wot it is not.

 

You really think reputation has no relevance? There are some good clans that are still seen as the most toxic clans because of past, most unsportsmanlike for example by streamsniping so now they are treated as that every time, or they have a reputation of being cheaters/protecting cheaters. I don't for a second think that all of those things wouldn't have an effect on who applies to the clans. There are not many good clans out there, the scene is rather small. So it's rather important to keep a good reputation to attract players. You yourself might not care about reputation but that's just because what you are.



OniichanSenpai #18 Posted 21 July 2020 - 04:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3217 battles
  • 278
  • Member since:
    03-11-2020

View Postjabster, on 21 July 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

My understanding, correct if I’m wrong here, is that a good way to improve your overall stats is to reroll your account.

 

This is a common misconception which is only valid if your recent WN8 is better than your overall.

So for example in your case, if you would reroll, you would be even worse since even tho your avergage tier is only 4.99 with massive Panzer I C sealclubbing, your last 1000 battles only had a 712 WN8 while your overall WN8 is 1000.



qpranger #19 Posted 21 July 2020 - 04:02 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 7,016
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
My clan's humble rating does not reflect its stellar reputation.

_Signal_ #20 Posted 21 July 2020 - 04:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 49738 battles
  • 6,968
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
Sorry OP we don't care. "PO's keeping up the clan numbers" since 2020

Edited by _Signal_, 21 July 2020 - 04:14 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users