What could i have done better?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ArsenalTank #1 Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14584 battles

Hello guys ,, i have a question

what could i have done better to win this game? and was this game winnable in your opionen?

your advice,, your tips,, your criticism are very welcome.

http://wotreplays.eu...arsenaltank-t69

some off topic in here:

did really the exp and crew boosters are bad luck bringer ?? last few weeks i am playing mostlely with exp boosters and its very hard to win or its very easy to play bad or sometimes getting just weird MM.

for example my today's winratio is 37% after 16 games normaly i play like 20 games a day, unless there is missions i wanted to do so in that day i hit 30-50 games mark.

Spoiler

any way as a returner iam trying to understand stuffs in this game, i appreciate any help.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 22 July 2020 - 07:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37590 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
WG sell boosters. They'd like people to buy more boosters. If using boosters made people lose more then people would not want to give WG their money. WG likes money.

Ergo, boosters aren't 'unlucky'.

Tealo #3 Posted 22 July 2020 - 08:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49582 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

Use the boosters nerf to the MM to your advantage! 
  Need to do missions etc.. where you need to be on a terrible team (ok maybe not for honours) 

or grinding crew xp ?

Use them gift tanks ( if you didn’t convert them to free garage slots) at tier 2 and 3 with their prem tank bonus of 80% and 70% pop all those boosters and clan boosters if you have them on the weekends X5first win of the day and easy do 100,000 crew xp per hour without really trying

trispect #4 Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:06 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 37001 battles
  • [F2PAY] F2PAY
Either you could've went with that IS-3 and with him try to win the middle city or from your position you should've helped first that Löwe with his 1 one 1 and then cleaned that right side of the map. 

Unicorn_of_Steel #5 Posted 22 July 2020 - 11:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21452 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 22 July 2020 - 07:15 AM, said:

WG sell boosters. They'd like people to buy more boosters. If using boosters made people lose more then people would not want to give WG their money. WG likes money.

That's not my experience tbh. If i use them i get nothing but losses in the worst category (1 - 5 / 15 in 3 min.) and entering or exiting a battle suddenly takes forever. I rarely try them nowadays. 

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 22 July 2020 - 11:47 AM.

ArsenalTank #6 Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14584 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 22 July 2020 - 07:15 AM, said:

Hello Nuklear_Slug,

i haven't bought any ,, all boosters i have are rewards from Battlepass or from doing missions.

View PostTealo, on 22 July 2020 - 08:52 AM, said:

Use them gift tanks ( if you didn’t convert them to free garage slots) at tier 2 and 3 with their prem tank bonus of 80% and 70% pop all those boosters and clan boosters if you have them on the weekends X5first win of the day and easy do 100,000 crew xp per hour without really trying

Hello Tealo,

never thought about that thank you for the tip.

View Posttrispect, on 22 July 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

Either you could've went with that IS-3 and with him try to win the middle city or from your position you should've helped first that Löwe with his 1 one 1 and then cleaned that right side of the map. 

Hello trispect,

that was in my mind ''winning or supporting the city'' in the first sec i saw the enemy got 252U and defender. but our flank was quicker lost than i expected so i went to stop or to slow enemy advance in the middle.after that the IS3 was too isolated for me, may be that was my mistake for not supporting him earlier. thank you for point that out.

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 22 July 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

That's not my experience tbh. If i use them i get nothing but losses in the worst category (1 - 5 / 15 in 3 min.) and entering or exiting a battle suddenly takes forever. I rarely try them nowadays. 

Hello Unicorn_of_Steel,
i can agree but also disagree with you,

yes bad games comes often when boosters are acivated from my 4 weeks experience, but we too ''me at least'' playing just bad with boosters for some reason i don't understand.

Ricox #7 Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:52 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1879 battles
  • [-D2S-] -D2S-

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 22 July 2020 - 10:47 AM, said:

That doesn't mean it has anything to do with the boosters. Your mindset can change when boosters are running (you pay more attention to longer queue times or sub-consciously change your playstyle) or your luck simply changes and you haven't used the boosters enough to have a legitimate sample size to notice any differences. Conspiracy theories are not helpful, mate.

hjorte #8 Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23212 battles

Boosters should be time based and start and stop when the game starts and stops. But nooo...

hjorte #9 Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23212 battles

View PostArsenalTank, on 21 July 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

Hello guys ,, i have a question

what could i have done better to win this game? and was this game winnable in your opionen?

your advice,, your tips,, your criticism are very welcome.

It's difficult to say if it would have made a difference, but around the 12:30 countdown mark, I would have left your 2 TD's and joined the IS-3, possibly making your VK join also, to try break through the city where the enemy P.44, Defender and T26E4 is. Breaking through, you have a chance to kill their artillery and make cap pressure, because all other enemy tanks are elsewhere on the map. I have a feeling that your 53TP made a bad play or was unlucky and out of position, and thus did not contribute enough.

Edited by hjorte, 22 July 2020 - 04:24 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 22 July 2020 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37590 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

OK, so I watched your replay.

First off I would not have gone up there initially, you got a few shots in but that's a TD spot and you had two their already, they didn't need you. You'd have been better off heading into the city to directly support your heavies.

You need to manage your reloads better. More than once in that game you held the last couple shells instead of going for a full reload and it cost you the kill on the Obj252U for one and gave him the chance to put a last shot into your 53TP. Your ability to clip out a tank is what makes you dangerous, and your reload is short enough that unless you think you are going to get to shoot something in the next few seconds you should usually take the opportunity to reload.

Personally I would have gone and helped the 53TP with the Lowe which was a oneshot for you, but you elected to go help the middle instead. You made a bit of a pigs ear of dealing with the ELC/T44. You seemed more concerned not to take a hit and as a result ended up taking more hits in the process and didn't even get what should have been two easy kills. If you were going to do it at all then that was a situation to just accept a hit and crash in there and clip them both out fast making sure your shots go in.

So at this point the enemy are starting to encircle and you appear hesitant as to what to do. When you're being pincered the only way out is to pick whatever flank you think is weakest and break out. I would have gone and helped the IS3. You could take one hit if necessary and he was an easy clip out. Again tho, didn't reload.

Nice kill on the T44, unfortunately he put a shot into the IS3 before you got him making him a oneshot for their Defender. That was the T44 you failed to kill earlier come back to haunt you because him getting that shot into your IS3 made their Defender brave enough to push and kill your IS3.

You made a right mess of the Charioteer fight, but I'm pretty sure you know that, you're lucky he didn't get you. What you should have considered when engaging him is that you did not have enough damage in your clip to kill him outright which means what you needed to do was sneak in a reload. I would have taken the first couple shots which you got basically for free and then broken contact and hid by the building to reload so I had enough alpha to clip him out fully next time. You decided to fire your whole clip and he was smart enough to have been counting your shells. He knew you were dry and he went for you.

All in all, whilst it was a close game, yes I think if you had made some different decisions, focused on hunting down low HP targets etc. you could have turned that loss in to a win. 

Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 22 July 2020 - 04:59 PM.

ArsenalTank #11 Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14584 battles

NUKLEAR_SLUG,

hats off to your ability to read and reaction, a few decisions could changed indeed that defeat to win. after counting every mistake you posted i am pretty sure it was me who wasted the win and nobody else.

regarding the passivity, and the reloading,i guess because the whole Tank still new to me, and tbh that arty hit panicked me a bit ^ ^

Thank you Sir for your incisive analysis.

20:11 Added after 8 minute

View Posthjorte, on 22 July 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

It's difficult to say if it wouldbut around the 12:30 countdown mark, I would have left your 2 TD's and joined the IS-3, possibly making your VK join also,

this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users