Private

• Player
  • 42450 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

WOT Ranking 2020 Open Letter. 

Dear World of Tanks, 

I am 75KampfgruppeSpartan.

I am average player, nothing special.   

The reason I decided to write you this Open Letter is “recent” changes to the game that I noticed and specially ranking season 2020. 

Last year I started my adventure with Ranking game mode. I understand that this is competitive mode and it will be difficult to win but… 

In a week playing time I managed to climb to lvl 15 if I remember correctly. Hard, difficult games, full of the nonsense tanks. 

Still I was happy of my progress. 

Then Ranking 2020 come along. 

In my garage I have SConquerorJagdpanzer E100, IS-7, O430U, Grille, STB-1, Patton, TVP, O277, Mouse, FV4004 Conway, TP60 Crew wise twice of perks I had year ago. Roughly 4 perks each and in some cases doing perk nr5. 

As occasional player I will game when time will allow, qualifications I managed to complete in two days’ time. 

Then I reached lvl4 shield.  

This is it!  

What is so magical with that lvl that I cannot progress any further? 

My max is lvl6 and two chevrons. Then I lost 11 games in a row!!! Back to lvl4! Eleven games in a row lost!?

Am I really that bad?  

And this is happening over and over again! 

How is that possible 

It is not like no one from my team just sits there doing nothing.  

Or are they? 

I checked post game stats and loads of my team mates have ZERO dmg! They did not even shoot a single round through the all game! I am talking here about guys with TierX tanks, auto loaders like ProgettoM40, AMX, T57. Not even a single round? 

It is not just one game, that scenario is happening very often. In contrary opposing team average dmg is 2-3k.  

Is it possible to pay so I can be on the other team please? J 

Another scenario I am driving STB-1, engaging O705A which was just stunned for 20s by our arty. I am tracking him and circling around. I have gold ammo and shooting him 7 times in to both sides and rear.

My penetration is 330. All my 7 shoots bounced! SEVEN shoots!?

When I then checked my post game stats, I am short off 400dmg to qualify for receiving chevron, instead of “retaining” one.  

In order to progress in this game, I have to do one thing, cause damage.  

There is tiny little problem that I noticed. I cannot hit enemy tanks. It does not matter if they are on the move, standing, facing me or exposing their rear or sides. The game does not allow me to progress by causing me to miss my shots. They either fall short, going perfectly over enemy turrets, or if I finally hit I will destroy their tracks with zero dmg. 

Of course you might say that if I do not like what I see I can always uninstall and go play Tetris instead, but this is not the case.

I like this game but starting to have enough of not me playing the game but instead of game playing me. 

I miss good old days where players were allowed to enjoy the game versus other players.  

RNG is destroying this game! BOT’s are destroying this game! Why are you doing this? 

Let us play! Please! 

I am frustrated, upset and fed up.  

I really like tanks and thank you for creating such amazing game but current state of the game makes me feel disappointed. 

I would appreciate feedback. 

Kind Regards. 

75KampfgruppeSpartan. 

unhappy__bunny #2 Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:27 PM

Brigadier

• 21652 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Sadly, the only feedback you are likely to get is from fellow players. 

You could try posting this (modified into a question) in the Q&A thread that Dwigt, our Community Manager, started. He might be able to raise it with WG, but he is unlikely to be able answer questions on your gameplay in battles or why one team does well and another team fails. 

OreH75 #3 Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 56574 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
You can play just play better if you want to earn more chevrons....

FizzleMcSnizzle #4 Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29225 battles
WG has no interest, or even awareness, of anything written in these English speaking pages. The forum exists solely for our own occasional amusement.

the_nebuchadnezzar #5 Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58230 battles
U want chevrons? Easy. Buy EBR 105 and then keep W key pressed until the end of the battle. Top 3 for sure! Ranked Battles was reduced to clown cars yoloing on the map like headless flies and dodging shells like Neo in Matrix. It`s so stupid I already stoped playing it. No reward worth enduring this can.cer gameplay!

Charlemagne_KDG #6 Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19738 battles

View PostOreH75, on 23 July 2020 - 01:30 PM, said:

You can play just play better if you want to earn more chevrons....

To a cocky person,

playing better in a team of bots often means camping and doing lots of damage so you dont lose your progression.

But hey, look at you. we could all start acting like frustrated mentals and become pro players with 50k+ while doing that we should start bashing on everyone and everything whilst emptying our wallets and screeming noooobs 'just play better.'

And no not every 50k+ player is a frustrated virgin like you, a lot of them do have a life, those are the ones that often give advice and don't behave like you do. Being good should make you humble, not cocky.

Get lost,

Charlemagne.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37590 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Post75KampfgruppeSPARTAN, on 23 July 2020 - 01:20 PM, said:

Then I reached lvl4 shield.  

This is it!  

What is so magical with that lvl that I cannot progress any further? 

My max is lvl6 and two chevrons. Then I lost 11 games in a row!!! Back to lvl4! Eleven games in a row lost!?

Just out of interest what rank do you think you should be able to get to?

75KampfgruppeSPARTAN #8 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42450 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

Thank you guys for reply.

I thought that after one week of playing I should reach lvl7(shield) at least. I can't.

Play better? Well I think that I tried my best but it does not seam to work.

It is possible that I am just not good enough for ranking, but then It is not just me who are loosing 11 games in a row! What about them? 

Are we all crap?

I thought that will share my feelings with community about my experience.

And "unhappy_bunny" are probably right, nothing will change, but I had to let it go.

Thank you all for feedback.

Spurtung #9 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

General

• Player
  • 83059 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

Ah, we got to that point already, where people that demand a ranking system can't cope with the fact that in such ranking system they wouldn't be at the top and then start crying over it.

git gud

dusan2916 #10 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20723 battles
  • [4FATE] 4FATE

The f*** have I just read? I mean, are we really going to whine about Ranked just because you have no idea how to play this game? I am average player, Overall WR at 50.3% with WN8 at 1350. So far I am in the first division, 6th stage, and yesterday won 10 battles out of 12 in Ranked. You just need to get better, thats it. WG cannot reward all players just because you cannot progress divisions... Your recent WN8 for 30 days is 1156, that says it all, please just stop crying and adapt to the game, its not WG's fault.

And yes, when I was progressing from 3rd division into 2nd one it took me like 4,5 hours just to get from stage 8 to 10. Am I whining about it? Hell no, its not supposed to be easy with all these meaty rewards...

When you blame and criticize others, you are avoiding some truth about yourself, and this truth can be found in your Tier X statistics and not being knowledgeable about the game itself

Git gud my friend

Cheers

GreenCamel #11 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23349 battles
  • [ART-W] ART-W
I am an above average player and i cant do anything in ranked. I dont know why but stuck at permanent level 4 third division.
Stopped playing ranked 3 days ago.
Do I realy suck at this game?

jaxo #12 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 57775 battles
  • [_CHS_] _CHS_

View Post75KampfgruppeSPARTAN, on 23 July 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

Thank you guys for reply.

I thought that after one week of playing I should reach lvl7(shield) at least. I can't.

Play better? Well I think that I tried my best but it does not seam to work.

It is possible that I am just not good enough for ranking, but then It is not just me who are loosing 11 games in a row! What about them? 

Are we all crap?

I thought that will share my feelings with community about my experience.

And "unhappy_bunny" are probably right, nothing will change, but I had to let it go.

Thank you all for feedback.

There is one important rule to understand. Ranked is very selfish mode.

Ranked is 1 vs 29. Not only enemy team but also all players in your team are your enemies.

Troqneca #13 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44225 battles
  • [BP-V] BP-V

I had a similar experience - reach lvl 9 and 3 chevrons and i was happy because I needed only 1 more for second division. Then I lost 8 or 9 games in a row and went back to lvl 7-8.

Solution - Ctrl + Alt. + Del -> task manager -> kill the game.  Few days I dont have any issue with ranked, just dont play them anymore :) 

Spurtung #14 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 83059 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View PostGreenCamel, on 23 July 2020 - 02:13 PM, said:

I am an above average player and i cant do anything in ranked. I dont know why but stuck at permanent level 4 third division.

If you don't play it, you'll be stuck.

That's a no-brainer.

GreenCamel #15 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23349 battles
  • [ART-W] ART-W

View PostSpurtung, on 23 July 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

That's a no-brainer.

Wow you are a genius.

[content removed]

:)))))

[content removed]

Insult towards moderator, editing of a moderation message.

Post edited once again.

~MaxandChloe4ever, Forum Moderator

Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 23 July 2020 - 04:36 PM.

Nazgarth #16 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles

View PostGreenCamel, on 23 July 2020 - 02:13 PM, said:

First your not above average at all, especially at tier 10.

Being average you should expect an average placement in a ranked system.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37590 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Post75KampfgruppeSPARTAN, on 23 July 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

Are we all crap?

In a ranked system at some point you are going to hit your skill level and at that point you are going to find it difficult to push any higher. I'm not saying you are there yet, but it is something you need to bear in mind. Not everyone can be in divison 1.

You may have a point that you just aren't good enough for ranked. I have not looked at your stats or what tanks you like to play but maybe you normally play and enjoy the tanks at tier 6. There is nothing wrong with that, play whatever you like, but it may mean you do not have a lot of tier 10 experience for example.

But no, it's not just you losing all the games. Your whole team shares the blame too.

Something to think about tho. For you to have lost so many chevrons you would have to be losing battles and be in the bottom 2/3 of your team. If you are saying you are getting many very bad teams with many players doing nothing then you have to ask yourself why you are not scoring in the top of your bad team most of the time to at least keep your chevrons a lot more than you are.

splash_time #18 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17511 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSpurtung, on 23 July 2020 - 04:21 PM, said:

That's a no-brainer.

It doesn't matter, honestly. Some players have bad luck, they lose most of the time such as my experience. I was getting top player in a losing team or either retaining my chevrons, but i just gave up. Because i was spending 2-3hs and gaining only 3-4 chevrons and the rest was just retaining the chevron.

The mode itself is just wrong, because if you miss one shot (RNG nothing can be predicted) you'll get the second place in a losing team. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but just illustrating my own experience in this season. Which honestly is really easier compared to last season, but well, I'm not ready to spend a week or more on one division, so I've quit playing it. :D

Spurtung #19 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 83059 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View PostGreenCamel, on 23 July 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

Wow you are a genius.

[content removed]

:)))))

Well, you complained about it.

What do you think should be happening instead? You go there and it ranks up automatically?

Ans what's written there anyway? This section of forum is for English

Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 23 July 2020 - 02:52 PM.
Quote updated

OreH75 #20 Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 56574 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostCharlemagne_KDG, on 23 July 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

To a cocky person,

playing better in a team of bots often means camping and doing lots of damage so you dont lose your progression.

But hey, look at you. we could all start acting like frustrated mentals and become pro players with 50k+ while doing that we should start bashing on everyone and everything whilst emptying our wallets and screeming noooobs 'just play better.'

And no not every 50k+ player is a frustrated virgin like you, a lot of them do have a life, those are the ones that often give advice and don't behave like you do. Being good should make you humble, not cocky.

Get lost,

Charlemagne.

Lol, I.m still in Divsion 3 because i am not a ranked person myself. got like 60% chevron performance. I play a few games per day untill i get tired of all the camping bots try harding to not lose a chevron.. then I just go play randoms.

so get lost yourself

Also tagged with Ranking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users