Server Transfers - EU members help your fellow sufferers

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

DieDiscokrake #1 Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1101 battles

Fellow tankers,

there is a considerable number of players who created accounts on the NA cluster and tried to arrange a transfer to the EU cluster for years now.

There have been 16 pages on the thread already.

http://forum.worldof...rver-transfers/

I am looking for someone of the EU team to also look into this to provide the EU view about transfers from the NA to the EU cluster?

Any help is appreciated.

Corrupted_Pling #2 Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58505 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
you guys are like the russians

GodTank2 #3 Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11684 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
If that happens then no one will play on NA so NA players who dont want to switch will be left with no players to play and will quit.

DieDiscokrake #4 Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1101 battles

Ok maybe my first post was not detailed enough.

We speak about players who are actually in the EU region but created accounts on the NA region long time back due to

different reasons, such as not beeing redirected to the correct region when they created their accounts.

Such affected players can basically not participate in any competitive events due to timezone issues. That´s the point.

MeetriX #5 Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 27786 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

Like guys over the sea would say.

OMG! I wish you hopes and prays.

Something like that. IDK.

Corrupted_Pling #6 Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58505 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostDieDiscokrake, on 23 July 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

We speak about players who are actually in the EU region but created accounts on the NA region long time back due to

different reasons, such as not beeing redirected to the correct region when they created their accounts.

Such affected players can basically not participate in any competitive events due to timezone issues. That´s the point.

What Country are those guys from?

Ps we will make a deal we will take the canadians <3

Edited by Corrupted_Pling, 23 July 2020 - 05:52 PM.

Jin91 #7 Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3191 battles
I heard rumours that toxic troll Lordsheen is coming to EU

Edited by Jin91, 23 July 2020 - 06:12 PM.

Ricox #8 Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:19 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1880 battles
  • [-D2S-] -D2S-

View PostDieDiscokrake, on 23 July 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

Fellow tankers,

there is a considerable number of players who created accounts on the NA cluster and tried to arrange a transfer to the EU cluster for years now.

I am looking for someone of the EU team to also look into this to provide the EU view about transfers from the NA to the EU cluster?

Any help is appreciated.

It's been a decade and they haven't done anything about it. I think there was one server transfer at some point, which I personally managed to miss by a week. It might be easier to just do as many have done, give up, and start over on the EU server. I did the same as apparently they had placed me in the NA region because that's where I played my last beta battles and I noticed too late. Have to just give up at some point, they're too scared of NA server dying if all the Europeans leave it.

The_Naa #9 Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12968 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDieDiscokrake, on 23 July 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

Fellow tankers,

i know that US of A has its problems but why come to Europe?

what do you guys really think you are going to get or achieve?

does NA still have 279e in ranked or some?

do tell, because i dont know what you yanks have going on in there, why do you want to immigrate? :unsure:

Corrupted_Pling #10 Posted 23 July 2020 - 06:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58505 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostThe_Naa, on 23 July 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

do tell, because i dont know what you yanks have going on in there, why do you want to immigrate? :unsure:

Edited by Corrupted_Pling, 23 July 2020 - 06:32 PM.

DieDiscokrake #11 Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1101 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 23 July 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

i know that US of A has its problems but why come to Europe?

what do you guys really think you are going to get or achieve?

does NA still have 279e in ranked or some?

Point is, we are talking about EU guys who simply created accounts on the wrong region. Dutch, Swedes, Germans etc.

It is about the Ping we suffer and the timezones of CW and any other tournaments or events.

I mean, no one who actually lives in the US or SA region would transfer.

unhappy__bunny #12 Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:45 PM

Brigadier

• 21658 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Fellow tankers,

Any help is appreciated.

View PostDieDiscokrake, on 23 July 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

View PostDieDiscokrake, on 23 July 2020 - 06:10 PM, said:

Point is, we are talking about EU guys who simply created accounts on the wrong region. Dutch, Swedes, Germans etc.

It is about the Ping we suffer and the timezones of CW and any other tournaments or events.

I mean, no one who actually lives in the US or SA region would transfer.

Looking at that link you posted, most of the players posting have had accounts on the NA server for a good many years. None are exactly new players, so the question I have is, why didn't they move earlier when restarting on the EU server was a fairly easy option? CW and tournaments have been running for ever (well, almost for ever) so they have managed with Ping and timezones. So why now?

I used to work with a player who was on the NA server. He chose to play there because he had mates on Reddit that he platooned with. He refused point-blank to move servers because he was content on the NA one. 

Edited by unhappy__bunny, 23 July 2020 - 07:47 PM.

DieDiscokrake #13 Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1101 battles

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 23 July 2020 - 06:45 PM, said:

Looking at that link you posted, most of the players posting have had accounts on the NA server for a good many years. None are exactly new players, so the question I have is, why didn't they move earlier when restarting on the EU server was a fairly easy option? CW and tournaments have been running for ever (well, almost for ever) so they have managed with Ping and timezones. So why now?

I used to work with a player who was on the NA server. He chose to play there because he had mates on Reddit that he platooned with. He refused point-blank to move servers because he was content on the NA one. 

Thanks for the reply. And you exactlly hit the point. People who started an account on the "wrong" region. Bought their first premium tank, bought some premium account time and even bought more premium tanks.

Thats how the wheels got spinning. One does not easily start a new account at zero once you have spent a lot of time and cash into the game.

But the fact that some players accepted to be "trapped" on the NA server does not justifiy WG to deny those players a transfer.

WG has to understand that all those guys are happy to play the game and even would be willing to keep spending money on the game but simply not

on the NA server.

mjs_89 #14 Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11982 battles
  • [95137] 95137

View PostMeetriX, on 23 July 2020 - 05:43 PM, said:

Like guys over the sea would say.

OMG! I wish you hopes and prays.

Something like that. IDK.

You forgot to add a temporary profile pic to show support! Outrageous!

Marlekin #15 Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:53 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 34194 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR

View PostDieDiscokrake, on 23 July 2020 - 05:42 PM, said:

This is Wargamign we're talking about. You say server transfer, they say paid server transfer. 

Example: 

Paid server transfer

5000 gold/€20,- 
30 days "cooldown" period

Would you?

CmdRatScabies #16 Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:22 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39085 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDieDiscokrake, on 23 July 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

Why not just start a new account on EU.  Grinding is very fast and they give away premiums on a regular basis these days.

arthurwellsley #17 Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56775 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

Fellow tankers,

Any help is appreciated.

Although War Gaming have talked about this many years ago, the most recent developer comment was that this idea had been shelved by War Gaming. The developer said that NA and EU had "diverged too much". What he meant by that is pretty obvious. The specials for the last few years on NA have been far more generous than on EU. As a consequence it is easier to grind out tier X tanks and receive free or massively discounted premium tanks on the NA server than it has ever been on the EU server. Thus War Gaming believes it would give the NA accounts an unfair advantage over EU accounts.

NA server has always had small numbers for PC gamers (although apparently World of Tanks on consoles and hand held devices remain popular in NA). There are certain sunk costs to the NA server. The question is when it finally falls below an economic threshold will it be joined or accounts transferred to SEA, South America, or EU. Given the NA number of players fall is actually small and stable, it could be a wait of a few more years before a transfer happens.

Bora_BOOM #18 Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:00 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33059 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I wonder how many players would that be. It shouldn't be much since the NA population is not big, then we talk about just a part that is located in Europe. Next question is how many of those don't have EU accounts already or maybe don’t have a reason not to just start a new account on EU (no premiums or not too many battles played on NA and with low number of tanks for instance), and then at the end - how many would actually choose to transfer. I would be surprised if the number would be larger than a thousand, or a couple of them. Not many surely.

Personally, I wouldn't mind them getting transferred. The only question to be solved would be how to arrange any content available on NA but not available on EU or obtainable under different conditions (if there are any). To be honest, I wouldn't mind them keeping the goods as well, it is WG-s problem that they have made differences between the two regions (and mind you, it is not a huge difference that would mean anything to us, it is not the Chinese who are coming and bringing their speshul tanks or anything). Also, nobody would mind more players around.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 24 July 2020 - 10:10 AM.

UserZer00 #19 Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15079 battles

View PostBora_BOOM, on 24 July 2020 - 10:00 AM, said:

I wonder how many players would that be. It shouldn't be much since the NA population is not big, then we talk about just a part that is located in Europe. Next question is how many of those don't have EU accounts already or maybe don’t have a reason not to just start a new account on EU (no premiums or not too many battles played on NA and with low number of tanks for instance), and then at the end - how many would actually choose to transfer. I would be surprised if the number would be larger than a thousand, or a couple of them. Not many surely.

Personally, I wouldn't mind them getting transferred. The only question to be solved would be how to arrange any content available on NA but not available on EU or obtainable under different conditions (if there are any). To be honest, I wouldn't mind them keeping the goods as well, it is WG-s problem that they have made differences between the two regions (and mind you, it is not a huge difference that would mean anything to us, it is not the Chinese who are coming and bringing their speshul tanks or anything). Also, nobody would mind more players around.

I moved to europe (years ago now), and was part of a clan requesting that WG allow us to switch our accounts from NA to EU, but nothing came of it.

Fast forward about 8 years, see this post and realise that it's still not an option.

Still, it's fun to log into my NA account at Xmas and collect all the rewards.

oBmg #20 Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5077 battles
  • [-SOC-] -SOC-

As a complex system analyst I  recommend as a long standing solution,transfer of your account to CIS (Russian) server,not on EU.

Due to obvious Soviet bias over the years,tension which is only now comming to pay - check and other strategic miscalculations this game by all laws of market and system behavior cant be sustaible for pleasant gameplay for to much longer outside CIS.Around 2 years ,may be less,my  guestimate..than EU follows NA. EU will ,though,not in any foreseable future be as small as NA is now, but will be unpleasant enough(about 2-3 times players NA server has today) .Maybe introduction of bots can change it.But if human against human battles are prefered,start to learn Russian.

The fact they are investing in China server proofs this indirectly,they are trying to maintain revenues elswhere for the mid term period .

Edited by oBmg, 24 July 2020 - 12:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users