Common Test is mostly Turbo games now

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Galaxy_class #1 Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13230 battles

Been playing this for a while now. It's enjoyable for me but so far the meta has completely changed as most people are flying around the map in rush builds now.

EBRs are still prevalent as they seem to fit the rush style. People tend to leave the test server if they are not having fun and stay if they are having fun and I'm still seeing roughly 2 EBRs per team on average. Don't bother hiding in a bush if you are TD because you will be found although spotting is kind of less important when blobs are throwing themselves against each other. Progetto 65s may be nerfed but they can go 70 kph fairly easy now so they just add to the rushing tendencies.

The average speed of an EBR tends to be 80 kph which means CS-63 Polish mediums can keep up with EBRs and even out accelerate them slightly. This gives the CS-63s the ability to rush areas of some maps EBRs like to get to at the start of the game, (hill on Himmelsdorf, hill on Tundra and Mines, even the lighthouse hill on Cliff), at which point the EBR often has to run away or face getting rammed. The CS-63 is more than capable of drive by shooting when it has Bond Vert Stabs and the Improved Rotation Device. AMX 50 B is a rushing beast now with Turbo and Grousers. :)

Maps that usually get a bit campy tend to descend into chaos as people are moving into positions they wouldn't normally get to and flanking becomes a viable tactic. Even Assault TDs are getting ripped up as it doesn't matter how much armour a 268v4 has, if people start circle strafing it, it doesn't have much of a chance.

This was all done on Tier X games as trying to get a lower tier game is pretty tricky right now. I don't know how much of this will carry over to the live servers when patch 1.10 drops but it could well be that the more camping cautious meta we currently have will be gone forever.

Anyone else getting these kind of games on the test server? It makes me think the games look more like the War Gaming adverts you see on YouTube adverts for the game now.

Edited by Galaxy_class, 23 July 2020 - 11:41 PM.

WoTNoDe31 #2 Posted 24 July 2020 - 04:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19136 battles
With WoT there is no middle ground... You either have camping meta where you have many draws, or you have current 15-1 meta where games are finished in less than 5mins...  with both extremes result is  disgusting ....

qpranger #3 Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Turbo games in Common Test ... as opposed to ordinary gameplay? :)

4ztec #4 Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 666 battles
  • [B33R] B33R

View Postqpranger, on 24 July 2020 - 06:47 AM, said:

Might sound a bit strange but he is right.

Polish turbine tanks and new engine boosting equipment speeds up games even more.

qpranger #5 Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View Post4ztec, on 24 July 2020 - 10:36 AM, said:

Might sound a bit strange but he is right.

Polish turbine tanks and new engine boosting equipment speeds up games even more.

Shame.

Seriously, shame on WG.

shikaka9 #6 Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 80275 battles

good

:playing:

Galaxy_class #7 Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13230 battles

View Postqpranger, on 24 July 2020 - 07:47 AM, said:

Heh, I was thinking faster games and more rushing rather than rofl stomps but they happen too and things can go south a lot quicker. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:08 AM

Bartender

• 19933 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostGalaxy_class, on 23 July 2020 - 11:39 PM, said:

The average speed of an EBR tends to be 80 kph which means CS-63 Polish mediums can keep up with EBRs and even out accelerate them slightly. This gives the CS-63s the ability to rush areas of some maps EBRs like to get to at the start of the game, (hill on Himmelsdorf, hill on Tundra and Mines, even the lighthouse hill on Cliff), at which point the EBR often has to run away or face getting rammed. The CS-63 is more than capable of drive by shooting when it has Bond Vert Stabs and the Improved Rotation Device. AMX 50 B is a rushing beast now with Turbo and Grousers. :)

Welcome to the Common Test, where it's always been just turbo games. Hell I remember way back years ago I dubbed games on the CT As simply "davai" games, for fairly obvious reasons. It's nothing new.

Onto some points. The CS-63 Only reaches 70km/h, not 80km/h. It also has "only" 28.15p/w (without equipment) vs. 42.35, I don't really think it's gonna be out-accelerating the EBR 105. Also, "more than capable". What? Like, really, what? It has bloom values of 0.43/0.43/0.29 In rapid mode, Bond Stabs and Rotation Device won't save this at all and it's as I understand the worse softstats in the game (even something like the 4005 Is better), so it is far from "more than capable". I'm pretty sure the general consensus on the CS-63 Is that it's just kinda eh, it offers a neat gimmick but it's not some kind of gamechanging tank IMO.

On the bold part about the 50B, cool, but what do you give up for that. A 50B Putting Turbocharger and Grousers on is going to have to give up two other pieces of equipment (I'm guessing Vents and whatever else, because VStabs isn't something you really want to remove), and I'm not sure it's worth it for a bit better mobility. That's the thing to me with a lot of the new equipment, a lot of them will allow for meme builds and stuff but if you want to remain mostly competitive you're just gonna end up with the same set-up as you have now, with some buffs because of the whole "correct slots" and all that thing.

24doom24 #9 Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:19 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 9607 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

Public test is awful for any real testing. The RU bots just completely ruin it, I just don't understand how they can ALL be so bad. 

I just max out my deathstar and shoot HESH. 

FizzleMcSnizzle #10 Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29281 battles
I once downloaded the test server (many patches ago). Some Russian dude noticed I was EU and followed me about all game, typing "EU go home" every ten seconds or so. I finally snapped and made some comment about Putin, at which point three of his mates insta team killed me.
Never since. I'm not that desperate to know in advance how badly WG is addressing game problems.

Ricox #11 Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:51 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1880 battles
  • [-D2S-] -D2S-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 24 July 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

Welcome to the Common Test, where it's always been just turbo games. Hell I remember way back years ago I dubbed games on the CT As simply "davai" games, for fairly obvious reasons. It's nothing new.

Onto some points. The CS-63 Only reaches 70km/h, not 80km/h. It also has "only" 28.15p/w (without equipment) vs. 42.35, I don't really think it's gonna be out-accelerating the EBR 105. Also, "more than capable". What? Like, really, what? It has bloom values of 0.43/0.43/0.29 In rapid mode, Bond Stabs and Rotation Device won't save this at all and it's as I understand the worse softstats in the game (even something like the 4005 Is better), so it is far from "more than capable". I'm pretty sure the general consensus on the CS-63 Is that it's just kinda eh, it offers a neat gimmick but it's not some kind of gamechanging tank IMO.

On the bold part about the 50B, cool, but what do you give up for that. A 50B Putting Turbocharger and Grousers on is going to have to give up two other pieces of equipment (I'm guessing Vents and whatever else, because VStabs isn't something you really want to remove), and I'm not sure it's worth it for a bit better mobility. That's the thing to me with a lot of the new equipment, a lot of them will allow for meme builds and stuff but if you want to remain mostly competitive you're just gonna end up with the same set-up as you have now, with some buffs because of the whole "correct slots" and all that thing.

But you're also missing the point that this is yet another line of tanks that are extremely mobile. The game isn't going to get any more balanced with more and more fast tanks that get to positions that previously were unreachable so quickly or even at all early-game. It's also harder to balance the game when it's so mobile because there's far more variables and unexplored consequences of it (most of the maps were designed for a very, very different meta back in the day). It feels like a global top speed and acceleration nerf is due unless their plan is to turn this into a hyper-fast style of arcade game, which would be a horrible outcome.

Galaxy_class #12 Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13230 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 24 July 2020 - 10:08 AM, said:

Thanks for the comments. Specifically I stated that the EBR has an average speed of 80 kph when moving to an initial position, not the CS 63, which seems about right. Admittedly I was using the 5k octane gas on my build as I wanted to try the tank in cheap mode to see if it was sustainable, (so no food or 20k gas). I was also running the Turbo in the non-mobility slot, (and running Improved Rotation in the bonus slot), so the power to weight ratio of the tank was 31.47 with a top speed of 74 kph. Yes it out accelerates an EBR, (only very slightly of course), and then the EBR overtakes when it reaches top speed, (but only a little). I saw this time and again with testing. I don't know why this happens but the EBR does have slightly worse terrain resistances than the CS 63 and the EBR may lose a bit of acceleration when performing small corrections in its staring, (the pwr of the EBR 105 has also been reduced a little to 40.91 roughly), but I've seen it with my eyes many times at the start of the game. :) The main point is you can reach an area in a CS 63 roughly the same time as an EBR on average which means it is an effective counter against it for certain maps that have these positions.

I stated that the CS 63 is more than capable of drive by shootings when using Improved Rotation and Bond Vert Stabs and I stand by that. This equipment reduces the bloom by 40% which makes the tactic workable. I mean you have to be very close to the enemy to do this but it does work, that's drive by shooting for you. :)

Regarding the AMX 50 B, if you made it into a speed build you would have to drop Vents and Optics and these are valuable pieces of equipment when you need to snipe or go for weak spots when fighting the heavy tank meta etc, but are these really useful when the game has turned into a rush fest? If the AMX 50 B can play as a fast medium tank with the other mediums and lights rushing with you then it becomes a very powerful tank compared to the tanks you are fighting against, especially when the enemy don't have time to aim for weakspots. Obviously it remains to be seen if the proportion of the changes on the test server carry over to the live game but I would say that the more the meta changes the less important the old equipment will be as tanks will be used for different roles.

4ztec #13 Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 666 battles
  • [B33R] B33R

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 24 July 2020 - 09:08 AM, said:

Have you even  played CT 1.10?

Because games there are not faster because people don't play seriously. It's because the tanks are faster and have more hp/t.

Its true that the polish med "only" reaches 70 km/h but in turbine mode it doesn't lose speed as much as other tanks and is able to climb hills so much faster.

Add to that the new camo breaking equipment and games will be over faster than before on some maps. 

NekoPuffer_PPP #14 Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37354 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

People don't camp in Common Tests. There is no point.

Battles were always faster in them.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16533 battles

View PostGalaxy_class, on 23 July 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

Been playing this for a while now. It's enjoyable for me but so far the meta has completely changed as most people are flying around the map in rush builds now.

I don't know how much of this will carry over to the live servers when patch 1.10 drops but it could well be that the more camping cautious meta we currently have will be gone forever.

If something has reached common test then its already going to be included in the game. 

Galaxy_class #16 Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13230 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 24 July 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

If something has reached common test then its already going to be included in the game. 

Ah sorry, I meant I don’t know how much of the CT rushing meta gameplay will carry over to the live servers when these changes are implemented. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:41 PM

Bartender

• 19933 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostRicox, on 24 July 2020 - 10:51 AM, said:

But you're also missing the point that this is yet another line of tanks that are extremely mobile. The game isn't going to get any more balanced with more and more fast tanks that get to positions that previously were unreachable so quickly or even at all early-game. It's also harder to balance the game when it's so mobile because there's far more variables and unexplored consequences of it (most of the maps were designed for a very, very different meta back in the day). It feels like a global top speed and acceleration nerf is due unless their plan is to turn this into a hyper-fast style of arcade game, which would be a horrible outcome.

Immediately on the bold, bar the Tier X, they're not "extremely mobile" tanks. In order from V-X, their top speeds are 56, 55, 57, 50, 50, 55 (70 In Rapid). None of them have +20p/w except again, the Tier X In Rapid. You really don't have to worry about these tanks rushing to positions faster than others, and they don't have the armour to hold positions either anyway. Otherwise I don't really agree on the speed/accel nerf, I personally think the only offender in that case is the wheelies, but that's my opinion.

View PostGalaxy_class, on 24 July 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

Thanks for the comments. Specifically I stated that the EBR has an average speed of 80 kph when moving to an initial position, not the CS 63, which seems about right. Admittedly I was using the 5k octane gas on my build as I wanted to try the tank in cheap mode to see if it was sustainable, (so no food or 20k gas). I was also running the Turbo in the non-mobility slot, (and running Improved Rotation in the bonus slot), so the power to weight ratio of the tank was 31.47 with a top speed of 74 kph. Yes it out accelerates an EBR, (only very slightly of course), and then the EBR overtakes when it reaches top speed, (but only a little). I saw this time and again with testing. I don't know why this happens but the EBR does have slightly worse terrain resistances than the CS 63 and the EBR may lose a bit of acceleration when performing small corrections in its staring, (the pwr of the EBR 105 has also been reduced a little to 40.91 roughly), but I've seen it with my eyes many times at the start of the game. :)The main point is you can reach an area in a CS 63 roughly the same time as an EBR on average which means it is an effective counter against it for certain maps that have these positions.

The bold is really the only part I can respond to, but I really don't think it is going to be an effective counter. What makes the EBR So powerful is more that it will reach a position faster and while other tanks are still deploying, spot earlier and snap a shot and then bug out and reappear again a bit later. The CS-63 IIRC Loses camo in Rapid Mode (not 100% Sure on that, they said it wouldn't benefit from crew skills back when it was first shown I believe but they appeared to work fine on CT) and of course, has the terrible softstats on top until it switches mode (even if we factor in Imp. VStabs/Rotation Mechanism, which also means giving up Rammer), which takes 2sec and requires you to be completely stationary. 

I think the only real strength of the CS-63 Tbh in countering an EBR 105 Is the front profile is immune (?) to HE, which is pretty nice considering how most cars would probably have that loaded first. Pretty paper against standard or HEAT Though, and you have to ask, is it really worth the tank if you're going to just try to play it as an awkward counter to EBRs.

I stated that the CS 63 is more than capable of drive by shootings when using Improved Rotation and Bond Vert Stabs and I stand by that. This equipment reduces the bloom by 40% which makes the tactic workable. I mean you have to be very close to the enemy to do this but it does work, that's drive by shooting for you. :)

If I can do maths at all (I can't), it'll go down from 0.43/0.43/0.29 To 0.26/0.26/0.17. I still personally would not really trust that for close-range snapshots, especially not on smaller vehicles (i.e EBR We're discussing above) and if you're dropping Rammer to run Turbocharger, unless we're looking at literally sticking the barrel in the opposing vehicle. It's just frankly too chancy and isn't going to be serviceable in a close-range engagement at the start for a position (think Ruinberg middle road or Cliff bowl).

Regarding the AMX 50 B, if you made it into a speed build you would have to drop Vents and Optics and these are valuable pieces of equipment when you need to snipe or go for weak spots when fighting the heavy tank meta etc, but are these really useful when the game has turned into a rush fest? If the AMX 50 B can play as a fast medium tank with the other mediums and lights rushing with you then it becomes a very powerful tank compared to the tanks you are fighting against, especially when the enemy don't have time to aim for weakspots. Obviously it remains to be seen if the proportion of the changes on the test server carry over to the live game but I would say that the more the meta changes the less important the old equipment will be as tanks will be used for different roles.

The only problem I see there is the 50B Will still end up unfortunately being matched up against Heavies and rushing to a position and early clipping some tank there is really powerful, but I think other Heaviums will still do the job better. Still, fair enough, the 50B Might see some actual use with that equipment.

View Post4ztec, on 24 July 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

Have you even  played CT 1.10?

Because games there are not faster because people don't play seriously. It's because the tanks are faster and have more hp/t.

Its true that the polish med "only" reaches 70 km/h but in turbine mode it doesn't lose speed as much as other tanks and is able to climb hills so much faster.

Add to that the new camo breaking equipment and games will be over faster than before on some maps. 

I've dabbled only in training rooms. Despite that, I don't agree with the immediate next line, even without playing it. The games are faster precisely because people aren't playing seriously, most likely I'm assuming everyone is trying the new hotness and is throwing out CS-63 And running around in Rapid Mode without a care in the world. This is very unlikely to be the case on Live, maybe within the first few days but it certainly isn't something that's going to last. The CS-63's Rapid Mode is mostly a meme from my perspective and it's not like you're going to see 3-4 Of them in every game like a Progetto or something.

On the bold, I don't think the camo-breaking equipment (or that other Commander Vision thing) will make games significantly faster (on average), but I do admittedly really dislike those new equipments myself. If you excluded those, I'm all aboard Equipment 2.0, but as it stands at the moment those two leave a sour taste in my mouth (especially since I tend to prefer vehicles than enjoy abusing their stealth). 

Ricox #18 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:55 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1880 battles
  • [-D2S-] -D2S-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 24 July 2020 - 12:41 PM, said:

Immediately on the bold, bar the Tier X, they're not "extremely mobile" tanks. In order from V-X, their top speeds are 56, 55, 57, 50, 50, 55 (70 In Rapid). None of them have +20p/w except again, the Tier X In Rapid. You really don't have to worry about these tanks rushing to positions faster than others, and they don't have the armour to hold positions either anyway. Otherwise I don't really agree on the speed/accel nerf, I personally think the only offender in that case is the wheelies, but that's my opinion.

Tier 10 is also the tier with the most wacky balance, so adding a tank with such mobility can be problematic. Plus often you don't really need the armor to hold onto early-game positions, you just need to be there first in numbers and hold until the armored mediums arrive. If you now have Polish mediums rushing in there alongside the EBRs, that suddenly shifts the balance of early engagements, especially if only one team has a Polish medium top-tier.

And top speeds in 50s is still extremely mobile the way I see it. For example, 56 kmh at tier 5 is "extremely mobile" - it's just a few kmh below the Chaffee, which is one of the fastest tier 5 tanks in the game. It doesn't have to be 70 kmh to keep moving the game towards this hyper-fast style of arcade gaming.

24doom24 #19 Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9607 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

Lmao 6 losses in a row today on the test. Why are RU players so bad. It's actually [edited]hilarious watching them fail so hard. Just how can you play at such a simpleton bot level lmaoooooooooooo.

edit, 7th loss now

Edited by 24doom24, 24 July 2020 - 03:44 PM.

Randomar #20 Posted 24 July 2020 - 04:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32240 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 24 July 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

In Russia, the game tests you.

I just can't wait to test in my regular gameplay what have been left untested in the betateasting:
another fictional polish line, consisting out of blueprints made by a cadet, if ever.

Hopefully the sales of that new gas turbine premium tank will compensate the losses in the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users