Chevron Distribution

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Chevron Distribution (76 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should Wargaming use the same Chevoron Model in part 2 and 3 of Ranked Battles?

1. Yes, the current model is fine. Keep up the good work! (21 votes [27.63%])

Percentage of vote: 27.63%

2. No, the current model should be revised. The model is to punishing! (55 votes [72.37%])

Percentage of vote: 72.37%

Vote Hide poll

DeBanus #1 Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30324 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

The question is really simple. Feel free to comment here abound Ranked Battles aswell.

Personally, I think they did a good job on the following subjects:

- Banning all (over powered) reward tanks from Ranked Battles

- Selecting a set of maps for Ranked Battles, a lot of maps are excluded, but yet still varaitiy in the maps

- Good rewards, so surely worth playing for

Fullplate_NL #2 Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18140 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
I really like there is only 1 EBR per side, per game :)

2Much8RAIN4You #3 Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15331 battles
  • [8RAIN] 8RAIN

It's way to hard to climb in rankes, losing all the time. Didn't climb for 2 days in a row now.

Im division 2 rank 2 still

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37491 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

No, they should change it.

Everyone on the winning team gains a chevron, extras for the top 5 players on the winning team. Everyone on the losing team loses one, no exceptions. 

Tomas_D #5 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25830 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
No, that would be way to punishing, and even less based on personal skill.

DeBanus #6 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30324 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 24 July 2020 - 12:17 AM, said:

No, they should change it.

Everyone on the winning team gains a chevron, extras for the top 5 players on the winning team. Everyone on the losing team loses one, no exceptions. 

This is really harsh and would change ranked into a gamble fest.

Personally I think the current should only get a minor change: 

Losing team:

TOP 3 = 1 c

4-5-6-7 = no change

8-15 = -1 c

Also they should implement penalties somehow.

People that are dead within 2 minutes for example should lose an extra Chevron. Same for people that refuse to play (like mediums camping at the spawn)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37491 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostDeBanus, on 24 July 2020 - 02:13 AM, said:

This is really harsh and would change ranked into a gamble fest.

Not really, if you play well you'll pick up multiple chevrons on your wins which will more than cover the odd loss and since the objective is to win the games if you're not winning you don't deserve to be rewarded.

Also if everyone knows they have to actually win you'll likely see a lot less people camping waiting for the rest of the team die for them to try and farm a 'best loser' chevron because there will be no point, they'll lose one anyway.

Likewise people will be a bit more inclined to push if they know an aggressive play to capture ground early isn't going to cost them a chevron if they die early because they weren't around later and lost out to WG and their XP system.

trispect #8 Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:11 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 36968 battles
  • [F2PAY] F2PAY
What they should also do is to fix that stupid XP distribution system finally. Even random games XP system is much better.

TheNightFox #9 Posted 24 July 2020 - 08:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12185 battles

View Posttrispect, on 24 July 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

What they should also do is to fix that stupid XP distribution system finally. Even random games XP system is much better.

That's right, although I wouldn't rule out an improvement to the chevron system. The current XP system creates a new meta, and only certain tanks and playstyles are feasible because of it. For example good luck advancing by playing the Leo while not spotting for yourself. You'll find yourself at the bottom more often than not. Pick a HT and be a good steve, or a heavium, or that damn EBR, and you're good to go. You do 1500dmg and get placed in top 5.

no_skill_bob #10 Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:13 AM

Major

• Player
  • 35065 battles

View PostDeBanus, on 24 July 2020 - 01:27 AM, said:

The question is really simple. Feel free to comment here abound Ranked Battles aswell.

- Selecting a set of maps for Ranked Battles, a lot of maps are excluded, but yet still varaitiy in the maps

they should of banned arta from ranked instead, especially the ones using an object destruction mod, encountered one like that yesterday, 100% illegal mod user, as the only thing that i broke while driving around the whole map, was 1 tiny bit of wooden fence and sure enough, he was perfectly aligned for shotgun with unreal reaction time as well, lol. he had no more than a split second to shoot between 2 building when i was going at 50+kph in a leopard, i didnt get proxy spotted by him either, so yeah, best arta player ever with inhuman reactons and perfect prediction capabilities, statwise he wasnt any good, if you are wondering. but as its not a cw, wg wont bother to actually ban illegal mod users in ranked or random battles.

trispect #11 Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:14 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 36968 battles
  • [F2PAY] F2PAY

View PostTheNightFox, on 24 July 2020 - 09:49 AM, said:

That's right, although I wouldn't rule out an improvement to the chevron system. The current XP system creates a new meta, and only certain tanks and playstyles are feasible because of it. For example good luck advancing by playing the Leo while not spotting for yourself. You'll find yourself at the bottom more often than not. Pick a HT and be a good steve, or a heavium, or that damn EBR, and you're good to go. You do 1500dmg and get placed in top 5.

That’s why I said ’also’.:)

Bordhaw #12 Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16526 battles

View PostDeBanus, on 23 July 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

RockyRoller #13 Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41533 battles

I can't make my mind up about it.

I get to win a couple of levels and lost them ever so fast in a couple of games. If I look at my damage done it's not that bad for an SPG seeing we'd been nerfed it can be higher than a lot of othertanks above me in the 15.

So I'm not moaning about it, just can't figure if it was worth playing more than a random where the reward is lower but consistent? Currently ranked narrowly a can't be bothered to play for rewards.

Getting rid of OP reward tanks of the few was a positive move towards a level playing field.

11:00 Added after 6 minute

View Postno_skill_bob, on 24 July 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

they should of banned arta from ranked instead, especially the ones using an object destruction mod, encountered one like that yesterday, 100% illegal mod user, as the only thing that i broke while driving around the whole map, was 1 tiny bit of wooden fence and sure enough, he was perfectly aligned for shotgun with unreal reaction time as well, lol. he had no more than a split second to shoot between 2 building when i was going at 50+kph in a leopard, i didnt get proxy spotted by him either, so yeah, best arta player ever with inhuman reactons and perfect prediction capabilities, statwise he wasnt any good, if you are wondering. but as its not a cw, wg wont bother to actually ban illegal mod users in ranked or random battles.

as a SPg fan sometimes its a hit made server side not the SPG player that hit you thats how bad the dispersion is for most SPGs at all levels.

Edited by RockyRoller, 24 July 2020 - 11:56 AM.

ExistanceUK #14 Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23172 battles
  • [NAMES] NAMES
The silly role XP bs aside I'm not sure if the way to go might be to largely remove win/loss element, to move to a system where the bottom 5 of both teams lose a chevron but the top 10 of both teams gain a chev with only the top 3 or 5 of the winning team gaining the double chev. This is to stop those bad players from being carried by their team.

no_skill_bob #15 Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 35065 battles

View PostRockyRoller, on 24 July 2020 - 12:53 PM, said:

I can't make my mind up about it.

I get to win a couple of levels and lost them ever so fast in a couple of games. If I look at my damage done it's not that bad for an SPG seeing we'd been nerfed it can be higher than a lot of othertanks above me in the 15.

So I'm not moaning about it, just can't figure if it was worth playing more than a random where the reward is lower but consistent? Currently ranked narrowly a can't be bothered to play for rewards.

Getting rid of OP reward tanks of the few was a positive move towards a level playing field.

11:00 Added after 6 minute

as a SPg fan sometimes its a hit made server side not the SPG player that hit you thats how bad the dispersion is for most SPGs at all levels.

its not that much about the shot itself, its more about the direction he was looking at, half of my team watching had the same thoughts.

if im not going to be lazy today, i will make video and post it somewhere.

Edited by no_skill_bob, 24 July 2020 - 12:33 PM.

RockyRoller #16 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41533 battles

View PostExistanceUK, on 24 July 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

The silly role XP bs aside I'm not sure if the way to go might be to largely remove win/loss element, to move to a system where the bottom 5 of both teams lose a chevron but the top 10 of both teams gain a chev with only the top 3 or 5 of the winning team gaining the double chev. This is to stop those bad players from being carried by their team.

Which is why I differ in opinion as most of my shots miss due to RGN dispersion and a really bad RNG turns a 350 damage to just 40 or stun only. RNG is not a sign of being good unless it is Napoleon's desire to have lucky Generals not good ones. I'm not sure if such RNG applies to any other class as much in WoT?

no_skill_bob #17 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 35065 battles

better start with banning cheaters from ranked as well, not only cw.

Edited by no_skill_bob, 24 July 2020 - 02:29 PM.

RockyRoller #18 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41533 battles

View Postno_skill_bob, on 24 July 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

its not that much about the shot itself, its more about the direction he was looking at, half of my team watching had the same thoughts.

if im not going to be lazy today, i will make video and post it somewhere.

I just can't see how a cheat can be done for an SPG vs a moving tank. You move faster in reverse than our shells can fly forward, the to aim time is huge as is the dispersion at range and there are hidden factors against SPGs causing damage to others by hits. But there are glitches in face directions being real due to lag. but I do know pre aiming at a gap, very good timing to press fire there is a small % I'll get the gap, but its all server side if  do and I see that if server says I hit but you never got to the gap as I see shells hit the wall at you and do zero damage when by aim it should hit the gap and splash you.

Watching the video it looks like a planned shot, not a cheat, and it all depended on if he saw you and fired before your 6th went off. TBH you should see him before he saw you as that happens to me far more than me seeing them first n a falorn hope shot.

but i will 100% agree with find a cheat, prove a cheat, forever ban a cheat.

Edited by RockyRoller, 24 July 2020 - 02:45 PM.

DeBanus #19 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30324 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View Postno_skill_bob, on 24 July 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

better start with banning cheaters from ranked as well, not only cw.

Yup, he knew you where coming and almost lead shotted you.

The real issue here is that Wargaming will NEVER see this as 100% proof of cheat, and this clicker will be using this cheat for a long time most likely.

ExistanceUK #20 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23172 battles
  • [NAMES] NAMES
It doesn't look good so you might be right but it may be worth pointing out two things, there is a delay before sixth sense goes off so there is a chance he spotted you before you spotted him and he was already aiming in that arc as he had been firing shells towards your base. Therefore it is not impossible he with a bit of good luck RNG hits that shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users