• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 1612 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Commanders,

The М24Е2 Super Chaffee American Tier VI light tank is coming to the Supertest.

Super Chaffee.jpg

This vehicle comes equipped with a 75mm gun that deals 115 damage per shot.  The standard AP shell is capable of penetrating as much as 120 mm of armor, and its special APCR shell can penetrate 155 mm. The gun is well stabilized, and its accuracy is 0.44, aiming time 1.7 s, and reload time 4 s. The vehicle's view range is 380 m. 

The tank reaches speeds up to 56 km/h and has a specific power of 28.7 h.p./t The vehicle's durability is 670 HP. At the same time, the vehicle's armor is similar to other light tanks of the same tier, which means it should not be relied on too frequently.

Spoiler

What makes the М24Е2 Super Chaffee stand out are its high rate of fire, stabilized gun, and good mobility. It can play the role of a light tank and provide support to allies. 

Enherjaren #2 Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 78307 battles
  • [Y0L0-] Y0L0-
I think you would get more people to buy premium tanks if you would not leave old premiums to rot. 
Some are so under-performing it's a real deterrent to acquire a new premium tanks. 

Edited by Enherjaren, 24 July 2020 - 01:22 PM.

little_big_father #3 Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8568 battles

Wait a minute. This looks like the old Chaffe from 2011! 

Quaksen #4 Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26095 battles
  • [1DKK] 1DKK

Does it make meals too, since it's the "Supper" Chaffee? :trollface:

(Hit the 'p' just once too much in the title) :hiding:

Edit: Aww, it no longer makes meals, typo was fixed :P

Edited by Quaksen, 24 July 2020 - 01:54 PM.

BIG_BUSO #5 Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11440 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
So a T37 named super caffee with a premium status at tier 6 and it already being outclassed by the type 64

Thanks i suppose

Miepie #6 Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 6548 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Looks like it is meant to be the gift-tank in late november, much like the "super"-Hellcat was last year? :popcorn:

dUG1 #7 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36865 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Aside from being premium T37, it is mostly likely a 10-year gift, which I am fine with.

But please, for the love of all holy HEAT shells, remove that boxy fuggly turret and make it look more like real tier 5 Chafee, like you did with Hellcat, instead of simple lazy copy/paste of T37.

MaxandChloe4ever #8 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:08 PM

General of the Army

• 255 battles

View Postlittle_big_father, on 24 July 2020 - 08:28 PM, said:

Wait a minute. This looks like the old Chaffe from 2011! 

Indeed it does! Chaffee with the T37 turret has returned! :P

View PostQuaksen, on 24 July 2020 - 08:30 PM, said:

Maybe Dwigt is already thinking about supper for the night in the afternoon. :teethhappy:

View PostBIG_BUSO, on 24 July 2020 - 08:34 PM, said:

So a T37 named super caffee with a premium status at tier 6 and it already being outclassed by the type 64

Thanks i suppose

The Type 64 is from a different time, so this comparison is a bit unfair. But this would still be a valid choice for mid-tier enthusiasts and especially Chaffee lovers!

Misago #9 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21258 battles
Are you seriously selling us the old Chaffee back? How low can you go, wargaming?

Dexatroph #10 Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50034 battles

View PostMisago, on 24 July 2020 - 02:33 PM, said:

Are you seriously selling us the old Chaffee back? How low can you go, wargaming?

They are not selling it, its more like the Super Hellcat from last November. :)

Dwigt #11 Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 1612 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMisago, on 24 July 2020 - 01:33 PM, said:

We didn't say anything about selling it. It's just being tested and we'll have to wait and see how and when it will be introduced to the game :)

View PostQuaksen, on 24 July 2020 - 12:30 PM, said:

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 24 July 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

Indeed it does! Chaffee with the T37 turret has returned! :P

Maybe Dwigt is already thinking about supper for the night in the afternoon. :teethhappy:

The Type 64 is from a different time, so this comparison is a bit unfair. But this would still be a valid choice for mid-tier enthusiasts and especially Chaffee lovers!

Meet the Supper Chaffee :teethhappy:

Spoiler

Search_Warrant #12 Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29569 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

0.44 dispersion with garbage pen. another failed attempt at a light tank. at least it dont have wheels... oh wait.. wheelies are in game, whats the point of this again?

Edit: also what Enherjaren said, still waiting for my Pilot1 to become relevent again. when will tier 8 stop seeing constant progetto spam.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 24 July 2020 - 03:35 PM.

Goating #13 Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24927 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

There are a few things I would like to change to the characteristics of the actual tank:

- The rate of fire on the gun needs to be higher than what it is right now. The correct DPM from the numbers above are summed up to be 1 725 average damage per minute. However, looking back at some old footage from Mighty Jingles and as well as Quickybaby, we can see the actual numbers are quite different from what it's shown on this page. The DPM, in reality, is actually 2 118,3 to 2 090,7 depending on which version of the game is being talked about (the first numbers are from Mighty Jingles video and the second are from Quickybaby; check it out for yourself - Jingles -> https://youtu.be/tvp025r_Wcc - Quickybaby -> https://youtu.be/7-KLJwg8sTo ).

- The penetration values and damage values compare to the original version are also not correct. The values, from looking at the videos from the creators mentioned above, are actually 137/185/38 on the penetration and 115/110/185 on the damage.

- Dispersion values of the tank are wrong and should be 0,39 m instead of 0,44 m.

- The view range is also off quite a bit from what it actually was back then. 400 meters view range, however, I can do understand why the view range of the vehicle was not made to that high number. Compare to other lights of the same tier, it wouldn't be fair. On the other hand, Type 64 does have 390 meters view range, perhaps giving it 385 or 390 meters view range would be alright.

- The engine power is too much and should be down to 500 h. p.

- The armour values aren't exactly correct either, but since it is a light tank, it doesn't really matter. However, for the sake of it, The actual turret armour is 38/25/25 and the hull armour is 25/25/19. These numbers on the armour don't matter much and don't need to be counted.

This is what I would like to be changed to make it close as possible to the actual tank from back when. I do understand the tank is now moved up from tier 5 to tier 6 and all the values are tuned to fit how the other tanks in the same tier do preform. However, I do actually think the stats I've shown from what it was, wouldn't be that game-breaking for the tier. The mobility is not that great, but it has a great gun with good penetration values and DPM. The HP pool of 670 is perfectly in the middle of the tier 6 lights. The top speed will counter for the stats of the gun and the view range since it will be the slowest light tank at tier 6, just after the T21 with 57 km/h top speed and Crusader with 58 km/h top speed.

This is what I would like it to be and it is just my opinion that the tank should be closer to what it was at tier 5 back in the day. Feel free to respond if you agree or disagree with me. 

MaxandChloe4ever #14 Posted 24 July 2020 - 04:02 PM

General of the Army

• 255 battles

View PostGoating, on 24 July 2020 - 10:44 PM, said:

There are a few things I would like to change to the characteristics of the actual tank:

- The rate of fire on the gun needs to be higher than what it is right now. The correct DPM from the numbers above are summed up to be 1 725 average damage per minute. However, looking back at some old footage from Mighty Jingles and as well as Quickybaby, we can see the actual numbers are quite different from what it's shown on this page. The DPM, in reality, is actually 2 118,3 to 2 090,7 depending on which version of the game is being talked about (the first numbers are from Mighty Jingles video and the second are from Quickybaby; check it out for yourself - Jingles -> https://youtu.be/tvp025r_Wcc - Quickybaby -> https://youtu.be/7-KLJwg8sTo ).

- The penetration values and damage values compare to the original version are also not correct. The values, from looking at the videos from the creators mentioned above, are actually 137/185/38 on the penetration and 115/110/185 on the damage.

- Dispersion values of the tank are wrong and should be 0,39 m instead of 0,44 m.

- The view range is also off quite a bit from what it actually was back then. 400 meters view range, however, I can do understand why the view range of the vehicle was not made to that high number. Compare to other lights of the same tier, it wouldn't be fair. On the other hand, Type 64 does have 390 meters view range, perhaps giving it 385 or 390 meters view range would be alright.

- The engine power is too much and should be down to 500 h. p.

- The armour values aren't exactly correct either, but since it is a light tank, it doesn't really matter. However, for the sake of it, The actual turret armour is 38/25/25 and the hull armour is 25/25/19. These numbers on the armour don't matter much and don't need to be counted.

This is what I would like to be changed to make it close as possible to the actual tank from back when. I do understand the tank is now moved up from tier 5 to tier 6 and all the values are tuned to fit how the other tanks in the same tier do preform. However, I do actually think the stats I've shown from what it was, wouldn't be that game-breaking for the tier. The mobility is not that great, but it has a great gun with good penetration values and DPM. The HP pool of 670 is perfectly in the middle of the tier 6 lights. The top speed will counter for the stats of the gun and the view range since it will be the slowest light tank at tier 6, just after the T21 with 57 km/h top speed and Crusader with 58 km/h top speed.

This is what I would like it to be and it is just my opinion that the tank should be closer to what it was at tier 5 back in the day. Feel free to respond if you agree or disagree with me. 

I think you have to keep in mind that the old Chaffee meets up to tier 10 tank (if memory serves right, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), and this Chaffee would most likely be meeting tier 8s in the worst-case scenario. However, I do think the view range could be increased to better suit its role, and the gun accuracy can use a little love.

Goating #15 Posted 24 July 2020 - 04:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24927 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 24 July 2020 - 04:02 PM, said:

I think you have to keep in mind that the old Chaffee meets up to tier 10 tank (if memory serves right, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), and this Chaffee would most likely be meeting tier 8s in the worst-case scenario. However, I do think the view range could be increased to better suit its role, and the gun accuracy can use a little love.

That's correct. It did meet tier 10 tanks in the worst-case scenario. I'd do like it to be closer to what it was since how it now stacks up to other tier 6 light tanks that are correctly in the game. It wouldn't be that drastic. Compare the guns of the tier 6 lights, we can see that if the gun was to get 0,39 m dispersion value, it wouldn't be that bad. It would fit perfectly in the middle with the others. The DPM would be very close to the values of Type 64 when you look at the second values I did mention above. The thing as well when you look at the premium rounds, it does balance itself out when it has less damage which does give it lower DPM effectively and it would drop down to 1 999,8 average damage per minute.

Slower Type 64 with slightly better gun stats and penetration. It would be the brawler type of light tank which can punish other light tanks of the same tier, but not as fast and can only counter if you get close up. It doesn't have that great traverse so it wouldn't completely overpower the light tanks and they can still get away from it.

That's only what I think about it. Thoughts?

Zpittvar #16 Posted 24 July 2020 - 04:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14123 battles
...Super Defender. Just you wait.

MaxandChloe4ever #17 Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:18 PM

General of the Army

• 255 battles

View PostGoating, on 24 July 2020 - 11:22 PM, said:

That's correct. It did meet tier 10 tanks in the worst-case scenario. I'd do like it to be closer to what it was since how it now stacks up to other tier 6 light tanks that are correctly in the game. It wouldn't be that drastic. Compare the guns of the tier 6 lights, we can see that if the gun was to get 0,39 m dispersion value, it wouldn't be that bad. It would fit perfectly in the middle with the others. The DPM would be very close to the values of Type 64 when you look at the second values I did mention above. The thing as well when you look at the premium rounds, it does balance itself out when it has less damage which does give it lower DPM effectively and it would drop down to 1 999,8 average damage per minute.

Slower Type 64 with slightly better gun stats and penetration. It would be the brawler type of light tank which can punish other light tanks of the same tier, but not as fast and can only counter if you get close up. It doesn't have that great traverse so it wouldn't completely overpower the light tanks and they can still get away from it.

That's only what I think about it. Thoughts?

Well, ever since WG re-structured all the light tanks, it seems that WG does not want light tanks to have a good gun, hence they kinda decreased the accuracy on a lot of them, take the current T37 as an example, it has 0.45 accuracy, almost like you are firing a derp gun but in reality it's just a rather small calibre pea-shooter. I understand the idea as light tanks are meant to be scouts and provide vision, and seeing that most tier 6 light tanks currently have an accuracy of around 0.4, I would say that of the "Supper Chaffee" could be better, but if it were to be closer to 0.4, then it would just straight up be a lot more accurate than the T37.

I think WG's hands are pretty much tied at this point, because of the T37. If they are making a new American tier 6 LT and the stats are vastly better than that of the T37, people might start complaining about pay 2 win. To be fair the current stats of the Supper tank is quite in-line with the T37, if there were to be changes to it I think the T37 would need a fine-tune as well.

Lt_Pfaffenbach #18 Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25509 battles

who cares for another tank that will get ripped by wheeledchairs in 1st max 3 min of each battle. what's the point of buying it or trying to get it by any other way (before Dwigts comes again just to quote and say "We didn't say anything about selling it."

game looses any sense of development at any front as long as you don't sort out problem with wheeledchairs.

Goating #19 Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24927 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 24 July 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

Well, ever since WG re-structured all the light tanks, it seems that WG does not want light tanks to have a good gun, hence they kinda decreased the accuracy on a lot of them, take the current T37 as an example, it has 0.45 accuracy, almost like you are firing a derp gun but in reality it's just a rather small calibre pea-shooter. I understand the idea as light tanks are meant to be scouts and provide vision, and seeing that most tier 6 light tanks currently have an accuracy of around 0.4, I would say that of the "Supper Chaffee" could be better, but if it were to be closer to 0.4, then it would just straight up be a lot more accurate than the T37.

I think WG's hands are pretty much tied at this point, because of the T37. If they are making a new American tier 6 LT and the stats are vastly better than that of the T37, people might start complaining about pay 2 win. To be fair the current stats of the Supper tank is quite in-line with the T37, if there were to be changes to it I think the T37 would need a fine-tune as well.

Yes, of course. The "Supper Chaffee" is very close to the regular T37, then again, you have the T21 which is in the same nation which has better overall gun stats compare to T37. T21 has 0,36 m base accuracy. I don't see many complaining about the T21 getting better accuracy than the T37.

Also the fact that the tank will become 'pay 2 win', I cannot see that happening because the current stats of the tank makes it overall worse. Less top speed, traverse speed on both turret and hull, worse penetration values and worse DPM. Not only that, but Type 64 will also still be overall better than every light tank at tier 6 mostly down to the top speed and the 390 m view range. Light tank with the worst top speed of 56 will surely balance out the tank. It cannot reach positions in time to the regular T37 and will closely compare, again, to the T21. It will be somewhat of a cross between them, but won't necessarily be game-breakingly overpowered.

Only in my opinion, as always.

Gr3TL #20 Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21105 battles
put it in a +2 MM against EBR 75 and have fun. compare gunhandling, camo and speed. now you see it‘s a „[edited]chaffee“

Also tagged with Supertest, USA, TierVI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users