FV201 (A45) as a reward tank?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

R3qUi3M86 #1 Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8731 battles
  • [USAFC] USAFC
So basically I took it as reward recently (mainly for the crew). Lets see about feats of this tank:
- Useless armor - on paper looks fine but the whole turret is gigantic weakspot - especially top portion of it... even the mantle gets penned by pretty much anything. Upper glacis and lower glacis armor is non existent...
- High dpm with somewhat ok-ish penetration but if you want to shoot other T7 heavies - forget it! Its only good vs mediums and light tanks. If you are in a T9 game... well... you can find a position where you can be destroyed and serve as a good hulldown cover for you team mates.
- No preferential mmr - it meets T9 tanks quite often and you can go f yourself if you are in such match up
- It's slow
- It's its big
- It looses credits after lost battle even if you shoot only a few apcrs and did 1K dmg...

I have 15% WR with it after 13 battles so... I won basically only TWO!

Summary: Imagine taking your Churchill VII and moving it up a tier so that its matched against T9 tanks - FV201 in a nutshell. Don't bother - grab the crew for your british heavy line grind and sell this stinker... 1M credits is a lot more useful than this tank will ever be. Horrific game play experience which makes me want to cut my veins wide open. Black Prince compared to this is a GEM!

_SpartanWarrior_ #2 Posted 25 July 2020 - 12:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40270 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
everyone knows its garbage

Gremlin182 #3 Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65190 battles

Just got it not going to play it though, well maybe 1 or 2 games only picked it because Its one I didn't have.

If they want to sell it in future they will have to buff it happy either way as it cost me nothing

MR_FIAT #4 Posted Today, 11:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21678 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
it cant even fight same tier HTs... its suposed to be some kind of hulldown dpm tank but everything farts through its turret and the 17-pounder has anemic penn so it cant fight back at all.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

MR_FIAT