Enemy team has a decent EBR, Chieftain or 279e

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

CausticSoda #1 Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47184 battles
  • [-G0M-] -G0M-

It is so unbalanced now that the above means that unless the rest of the enemy is totally stupid or AFK you have a HIGH chance of losing.

WGing PLEASE PLEASE balance the game and make sure that if you have the OP tanks at least you add one on the opposing team, it is really is getting beyond a joke.

In some cases I see that players are 50% account but are 65% in those specific tanks, surely WGing you have enough data to see how badly this is affecting the game.

Utmost respect to you removing OP tanks from ranked, please so the same for randoms. Leave the OP tanks in clan wars.

FizzleMcSnizzle #2 Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29225 battles
Most tier x games I see these days have at least one chief per side. Problem is, you look at their respective stats after the game, and you'll see that one has earnt his by being good at the game, whilst the other hasn't. When your guy has a 47% win ratio, and the other guy 60%, all bets are off. So to make it truly balanced, you'd have to match by win rate too. And WG won't do that.

DaniulSims #3 Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11477 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 25 July 2020 - 12:25 PM, said:

Most tier x games I see these days have at least one chief per side. Problem is, you look at their respective stats after the game, and you'll see that one has earnt his by being good at the game, whilst the other hasn't. When your guy has a 47% win ratio, and the other guy 60%, all bets are off. So to make it truly balanced, you'd have to match by win rate too. And WG won't do that.

WG won't and never should balance by WR because it is a flawed system. Given enough time, everyone will wander around 49 to 51% WR at some point, and you'll still have unbalanced matches.

FizzleMcSnizzle #4 Posted 25 July 2020 - 12:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29225 battles

View PostDaniulSims, on 25 July 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

WG won't and never should balance by WR because it is a flawed system. Given enough time, everyone will wander around 49 to 51% WR at some point, and you'll still have unbalanced matches.

I agree. I wasn't saying that WG should introduce skill based MM  

Robbie_T #5 Posted 26 July 2020 - 05:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22997 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Dont ahve to be a defeat.

LAst weekend i entered a battle and the enemy had a Obj279E

immidiatly someone started crying lost...

Well we steam rolled them.....seemed like the Obj279E had some terrible teammates with him.

Mike_Mckay #6 Posted 27 July 2020 - 01:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25064 battles

It gets worse when you also  look at how imbalanced the skill levels of the players on teams are

Nowadays if our team doesnt have an EBR and their team does I just drive to the  nearest lake or cliff and if there isnt one then even in arty I  go "scouting" in a direct line towards  the enemy until dead by the shortest and fastest route possible, its really not worth the effort to even bother with the game most of time so I dont

Same when I see FV4201s and 279(e) and 907s on the enemy team only but with those its only when that team is also stacked with most of the better players, if our team has the better players and theirs has the better tanks its still worth a shot, at least for a few minutes to see how it  goes

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 27 July 2020 - 01:23 AM.

LethalWalou #7 Posted 27 July 2020 - 01:54 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36277 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 27 July 2020 - 12:22 AM, said:

It gets worse when you also  look at how imbalanced the skill levels of the players on teams are

Nowadays if our team doesnt have an EBR and their team does I just drive to the  nearest lake or cliff and if there isnt one then even in arty I  go "scouting" in a direct line towards  the enemy until dead by the shortest and fastest route possible, its really not worth the effort to even bother with the game most of time so I dont

Same when I see FV4201s and 279(e) and 907s on the enemy team only but with those its only when that team is also stacked with most of the better players, if our team has the better players and theirs has the better tanks its still worth a shot, at least for a few minutes to see how it  goes

And what do you think you will achieve with that? You're just ruining the battle for everyone else because of your selfish attitude.

Mike_Mckay #8 Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25064 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 27 July 2020 - 12:54 AM, said:

And what do you think you will achieve with that? You're just ruining the battle for everyone else because of your selfish attitude.

Its not a "team" its  29 people all competing against  each other for  silver and XP,  plain and simple

And what do I achieve? I achieve more enjoyment per hour than I do wasting time on BS matchmaking games, and as enjoyment is the ONLY reason to even bother playing any game in the first place I really dont see a sane arguement for lessening the PERSONAL enjoyment for the benefit of complete strangers really. Thats pretty counter intuitive

In fact, if that WAS a thing then NOBODY would play EBRs, but they do, so why arent THEY taking other peoples enjoyment into account instead  of letting THEIR selfish attitude ruin battles for everyone else? Funny how you seemed to miss that rather glaringly obvious aspect of the discussion now isnt  it?

Very convenient, have an EBR do you by any chance?

In fact  even without checking I will  wager that you do

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 27 July 2020 - 02:13 AM.

LethalWalou #9 Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:49 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36277 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 27 July 2020 - 01:01 AM, said:

Its not a "team" its  29 people all competing against  each other for  silver and XP,  plain and simple

And what do I achieve? I achieve more enjoyment per hour than I do wasting time on BS matchmaking games, and as enjoyment is the ONLY reason to even bother playing any game in the first place I really dont see a sane arguement for lessening the PERSONAL enjoyment for the benefit of complete strangers really. Thats pretty counter intuitive

In fact, if that WAS a thing then NOBODY would play EBRs, but they do, so why arent THEY taking other peoples enjoyment into account instead  of letting THEIR selfish attitude ruin battles for everyone else? Funny how you seemed to miss that rather glaringly obvious aspect of the discussion now isnt  it?

Very convenient, have an EBR do you by any chance?

In fact  even without checking I will  wager that you do

You have decided that EBRs are some kind of a problem for you and basing on that you ruin other people's enjoyment in the game. The game is team based, no matter how you view it. Winning gives much more exp and credits than losing.

And do I even have to check that you haven't played the WVs and don't own any of the top tiers...? No wonder you're like that, such an uninformed, biased opinion about the vehicles without having even played them. No wonder you suicide in matches and ruin them for your team... :child:

Mike_Mckay #10 Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25064 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 27 July 2020 - 01:49 AM, said:

You have decided that EBRs are some kind of a problem for you and basing on that you ruin other people's enjoyment in the game. The game is team based, no matter how you view it. Winning gives much more exp and credits than losing.

And do I even have to check that you haven't played the WVs and don't own any of the top tiers...? No wonder you're like that, such an uninformed, biased opinion about the vehicles without having even played them. No wonder you suicide in matches and ruin them for your team... :child:

Far from just being "me" there are droves of people, many of whom do actually have  the tanks who view them as cancer in the game, same for most if not all of the content contributors, same goes with the 279(e) and other tanks,  so please dont try to  reduce this to just one persons POV because not only is it WAY past that, but its so bad even WG themselves have admitted the tanks are broken AND that they are going to "try" and fix them (and most probably  fail completely like they normally do)

So spare me the "uninformed" bs,  I play games, they are in them, I have eyes AND can read  the after battle reports, so I am PLENTY informed about the effect they have on games thank you very much

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 27 July 2020 - 03:03 AM.

DeBanus #11 Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30450 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

Wargaming lost track of it's own game years ago, and it's trying to fill the many holes without success.

Shame on your Wargaming

LethalWalou #12 Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:30 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36277 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 27 July 2020 - 02:02 AM, said:

Far from just being "me" there are droves of people, many of whom do actually have  the tanks who view them as cancer in the game, same for most if not all of the content contributors, same goes with the 279(e) and other tanks,  so please dont try to  reduce this to just one persons POV because not only is it WAY past that, but its so bad even WG themselves have admitted the tanks are broken AND that they are going to "try" and fix them (and most probably  fail completely like they normally do)

So spare me the "uninformed" bs,  I play games, they are in them, I have eyes AND can read  the after battle reports, so I am PLENTY informed about the effect they have on games thank you very much

Other people aren't ruining the game for their teams though, you are. And it's still you making it an issue for yourself, and based on that you ruin the game for others.

You are uninformed, you haven't played the EBRs and have no idea of the whole picture. You only focus on times when EBRs do well and ignore the times they don't. To this you base your issue on them and think they are some every game winning OP tanks that everyone can do amazing in, which they aren't.

Mike_Mckay #13 Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25064 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 27 July 2020 - 03:30 AM, said:

Other people aren't ruining the game for their teams though, you are. And it's still you making it an issue for yourself, and based on that you ruin the game for others.

You are uninformed, you haven't played the EBRs and have no idea of the whole picture. You only focus on times when EBRs do well and ignore the times they don't. To this you base your issue on them and think they are some every game winning OP tanks that everyone can do amazing in, which they aren't.

yes they are,  theyre called EBR drivers :)

Hence  this thread, several others and countless videos by content contributors

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 27 July 2020 - 04:43 AM.

DaniulSims #14 Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11477 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
It feels like an insult and it mentally hurts to read some of the stuff people think regarding EBRs.

Mike_Mckay #15 Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25064 battles

View PostDaniulSims, on 27 July 2020 - 05:12 AM, said:

It feels like an insult and it mentally hurts to read some of the stuff people think regarding EBRs.

Yet nobody bats an eyelid saying the same kind of crap about arty

Cry me a river :)

DaniulSims #16 Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11477 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K

View PostMike_Mckay, on 27 July 2020 - 07:36 AM, said:

Yet nobody bats an eyelid saying the same kind of crap about arty

Cry me a river :)

1- I can still shoot an EBR like any normal tank, without needing to have its team crumble to pieces in order to attack it. The EBR also doesn't hit me from across the map. In fact, due to the bad VR and gun dispersion, it needs to get rather close.

2- Funny how you tell me to cry you a river when you ruin everyone else's game based off of the presence of one tank. Who's the real crybaby, with that considered?

3- Ok boomer

Edited by DaniulSims, 27 July 2020 - 06:58 AM.

chainreact0r #17 Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36948 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 27 July 2020 - 01:22 AM, said:

It's even worse when you get one of those on your team.

And even worse when it happens 100% of the time. I am so disgusted by such blatant rigging by WG that i also try to suicide every game, but i can't even do that. WG rigs so hard that i just steamroll through the enemies who can't do anything to me. Disgusting OP tanks in every game on my team and disgusting rigging of 70% wr. REPORT WG FOR RIGGING!!:izmena:

CausticSoda #18 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47184 battles
  • [-G0M-] -G0M-

So someone has reasonable winrate

imagine a screenshot with 53%

And they have managed to get their Obj 279e

imagine a screenshot with 279e with 62% winrate over 100+ games (lol it increased since I took the original screenshot)

Bear in mind that this player in this tank is ONLY in the BOTTOM 3% of players that have this tank.

An uplift of 8% on their average stats

Luckily they also have a chieftain

imagine a screenshot of a T95/FV4201 with a winrate of 62% with 100+ games

Bear in mind that this player in this tank is ONLY in the BOTTOM 14% of players that have this tank.

An uplift of 9% on their average stats

Actually that game was oddly enough a win for our side that didnt have the 279e as our FV4005 managed a lucky 2k dmg hit on the 279e or likely it would have been a loss.

Note that this player, who is pretty reasonable is statisically REALLY bad in those OP tanks and still manages to get a massive winrate.

EDITED sorry my screenshots didnt work

WGing surely by now you have enough data to show that these vehicles are a SERIOUS mistake to game balance. Ranked playing standard tech tree was great idea, please carry over into standard games for the normal population of players.

Edited by CausticSoda, 01 August 2020 - 11:26 AM.

VasilijeN #19 Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15660 battles
I had a game wheee they had all 3, while our team had 277, 5A and EBR. we lost that one terribly
11:43 Added after 3 minute
I had a game wheee they had all 3, while our team had 277, 5A and EBR. we lost that one terribly

iuytr #20 Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14230 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 27 July 2020 - 02:01 AM, said:

And I thought I was the only one who had figured this out! :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users