Jump to content


FV4005 worth putting improved equipment onto?

FV4005 Alpha HESH TD Great Britain Tier X

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Lanrefni #1 Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:36 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40259 battles
  • 5,522
  • [RU-EX] RU-EX
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
is it or not?

DuncaN_101 #2 Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:39 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 58194 battles
  • 3,492
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

i would not ...

 

there are better tanks too put that stuff on. (tho my preformance in the thing is shocking so maybe not just go on my word)



fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:47 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 64177 battles
  • 2,815
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
If you really like to play the vehicle, why not?.

For me? No.

no_skill_bob #4 Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:54 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

you mean bounty or actually improved?

i have been playing around with equipment setups on it at the test server and i might actually drop rammer for IRM, even though losing 400dpm is not very good, 

by running vents,egld,IRM and egld directive, gun seems to actually be able to aim and hit its shots way better, than with what i have on main server now - rammer, vents, egld.


Edited by no_skill_bob, 25 July 2020 - 07:57 PM.


Lanrefni #5 Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:57 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40259 battles
  • 5,522
  • [RU-EX] RU-EX
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View Postno_skill_bob, on 25 July 2020 - 08:54 PM, said:

you mean bounty or actually improved?

well i sure as hell ain't drunk yet, so, yes - clearly improved.

but isn't bounty+ the same as improved?



StronkiTonki #6 Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:58 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 36501 battles
  • 1,712
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

Pretty much like fwhaatpiraat said.

If you enjoy the vehicle, why not?

Just put your equipment on anything that you just want to squeeze a bit extra juice out of.


Edited by StronkiTonki, 25 July 2020 - 07:58 PM.


no_skill_bob #7 Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:59 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostLanrefni, on 25 July 2020 - 08:57 PM, said:

well i sure as hell ain't drunk yet, so, yes - clearly improved.

but isn't bounty+ the same as improved?

it is now, but it wont be the same in next patch.

anyway the tank is not about dpm anyway, its more about landing your shots at all.



qpranger #8 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:03 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 7,091
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
I already did put improved equipment on it last year and it felt right. Every little bit helps.

MaxandChloe4ever #9 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:12 PM

    General of the Army

  • Moderator
  • 255 battles
  • 139
  • Member since:
    06-29-2016
It all comes down to whether or not you like the tank enough.

Infryndiira #10 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24769 battles
  • 711
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

Yes, it is.

 

Why? Because since the raw effect of improved or bounty equipment is a percentage of the original value, it is more noticeable on tanks and vehicles with large base numbers to improve. The FV 4005 has a very long reload and aim time, and improving those through the use of improved or bounty equipment will make a far bigger difference than if you used the exact same pieces on, say, a Standard B. As such, you would see a far bigger difference with them on the FV 4005.


Should you? That depends on you. Do you enjoy the tank? Do you play it a lot? Are you good at it? Only you can answer these.

 

(On an unrelated note, it might be wise to be a little patient until Equipment 2.0 hits Live when patch 1.10 lands. Some of the new equipment pieces can help improve the FV 4005 in particular in very unexpected ways, such as by improving its low forward and abysmal reverse speeds, or even noticeably improving the dispersion of the gun.)



Pansenmann #11 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38525 battles
  • 14,887
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012
if you have fun playing tier 10, why not?

I would not waste that equip on something I rarely play.

no_skill_bob #12 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:28 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostInfryndiira, on 25 July 2020 - 09:19 PM, said:

Yes, it is.

 

Why? Because since the raw effect of improved or bounty equipment is a percentage of the original value, it is more noticeable on tanks and vehicles with large base numbers to improve. The FV 4005 has a very long reload and aim time, and improving those through the use of improved or bounty equipment will make a far bigger difference than if you used the exact same pieces on, say, a Standard B. As such, you would see a far bigger difference with them on the FV 4005.


Should you? That depends on you. Do you enjoy the tank? Do you play it a lot? Are you good at it? Only you can answer these.

 

(On an unrelated note, it might be wise to be a little patient until Equipment 2.0 hits Live when patch 1.10 lands. Some of the new equipment pieces can help improve the FV 4005 in particular in very unexpected ways, such as by improving its low forward and abysmal reverse speeds, or even noticeably improving the dispersion of the gun.)

yes wait for 1.10. because so far improved/bounty vents, imrpoved/bounty egld and IRM in firepower slot makes fv4005 usable again.

speaking about improved equipment having more effect on big numbers - while thats mathematically true - it doesnt make the tank super good anyway, so i rather improve the best parameters even further.

Like you know, why try to make a candy out of crap?


Edited by no_skill_bob, 25 July 2020 - 08:31 PM.


qpranger #13 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:33 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 7,091
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View Postno_skill_bob, on 25 July 2020 - 10:28 PM, said:

yes wait for 1.10. because so far improved/bounty vents, imrpoved/bounty egld and IRM in firepower slot makes fv4005 usable again

 



Evil_Friedel #14 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:36 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 49834 battles
  • 4,413
  • [NOTHX] NOTHX
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

Improved equipment will be dismounted for free at 1.10

 

So why not just test it out? If its garbage, u can use them on other tanks.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:51 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 37593 battles
  • 6,562
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Put your best equipment on the tanks you enjoy the most. If you love your FV4005 then go for it.

Infryndiira #16 Posted 25 July 2020 - 09:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24769 battles
  • 711
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View Postno_skill_bob, on 25 July 2020 - 09:28 PM, said:

yes wait for 1.10. because so far improved/bounty vents, imrpoved/bounty egld and IRM in firepower slot makes fv4005 usable again.

IAU/Rammer/Turbocharger not worth it as a combo on it? 0.35m dispersion (w/ BiA), 36 km/h top speed and 10 km/h reverse with that setup.



no_skill_bob #17 Posted 25 July 2020 - 09:39 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostInfryndiira, on 25 July 2020 - 10:00 PM, said:

IAU/Rammer/Turbocharger not worth it as a combo on it? 0.35m dispersion (w/ BiA), 36 km/h top speed and 10 km/h reverse with that setup.

its not the final accuracy that eff it up, its the dispersion on any kind of movement and aimtime. with setup i stated i get 0,36 accuracy, so i guess thats out of question. 10kph is still too slow to be worth.

 

p.s. OP from tanks that you have, i would rather put full improved setup on leo, stb or sq. i did have full improved on stb, but i had a terrible session with it, so i got mad on it and took away from it to leopard now, because even with it being maxed out stbs gun is trolling me every time i play it, thats exactly why progetto 65 is the best tier 10 re searchable med - leo on steroids pretty much :D


Edited by no_skill_bob, 25 July 2020 - 09:44 PM.


Dinger_Killer #18 Posted 25 July 2020 - 09:54 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 697 battles
  • 57
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    06-29-2019

using the new equipment? why not.

I wouldnt use the older equipment that costs 200 bonds each to remove.  The FV is not that good.



Lanrefni #19 Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:20 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40259 battles
  • 5,522
  • [RU-EX] RU-EX
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View Postno_skill_bob, on 25 July 2020 - 10:39 PM, said:

 

p.s. OP from tanks that you have, i would rather put full improved setup on leo, stb or sq. i did have full improved on stb, but i had a terrible session with it, so i got mad on it and took away from it to leopard now, because even with it being maxed out stbs gun is trolling me every time i play it, thats exactly why progetto 65 is the best tier 10 re searchable med - leo on steroids pretty much :D

don't play leo or stb all that much. sq - not the best crew yet.

i have full improved set on WZ-111, though, so the reload has been shaved down to ~8.53 w/ food (without directives).


Edited by Lanrefni, 25 July 2020 - 11:22 PM.


24doom24 #20 Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:32 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 9607 battles
  • 2,123
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
I'm putting improved aim unit on my 183. It's gonna be standard on all my TDs. It's a must have equipment imo. 





Also tagged with FV4005, Alpha, HESH, TD, Great Britain, Tier X

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users