Random Match wipeouts

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Dr_Strangefruit #1 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13771 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH

Well i am not sure if its due to it being the weekend or just bad luck on my part but out of a dozen or so game played today there seems to be allot of team wipes.

I have seen several 15-0 wins to either team and a fair few where one team lost 15-5 or 15-3. 

I think the game needs a serious rebalance/overhaul as this seems to be coming a normal battle and its not fun no matter what side you happen to be on when it happens.

I am not sure how the issue can be fixed?

a. Limited match making +1/-1?

b. Same tier only battles with all tanks of that specific tier rebalanced?

c. Somehow work on balancing the teams out based on player ranks/skills so that teams have some average players, some excellent players and a few potato's like me on the team?

I am sure i am not the only one seeing these issues as they seem to be becoming a more regular occurrence.

Private_Miros #2 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30063 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

More open maps and less alpha damage.

Blow outs happen frequently because the maps have only a few key positions. Win those and you will almost always rolfstomp the enemy.

shikaka9 #3 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 80050 battles
if you really , REALLY care about 15-3 then go to RU forum , because EU forum is not important :)

OreH75 #4 Posted 25 July 2020 - 08:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 56504 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
I thought you were talking about ranked battles..those games are either a campfest or wipeout.

Homer_J #5 Posted 25 July 2020 - 09:16 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDr_Strangefruit, on 25 July 2020 - 08:02 PM, said:

It's part of the game design.  Lose a tank and you are at a disadvantage which can be hard to come back from.

The easiest fix is to accept it.

StronkiTonki #6 Posted 25 July 2020 - 09:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36364 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View PostHomer_J, on 25 July 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

It's part of the game design.  Lose a tank and you are at a disadvantage which can be hard to come back from.

There's no denying that in the earlier years of WoT, there weren't as many roflstomps in the game.

Average speed has gone up, average damage has gone up, amount of autoloaders have gone up, no denying that less time to kill and more speed = shorter battles and less time for enemies to react to an overwhelming force.

You can state that "it's part of design", but it's honestly just the result of gigantic powercreeps that caused the game to be less enjoyable.

What needs to happen is either a nerf in alpha and autoloaders, or a major buff in health across the board.

Speed needs to be reduced as well. Most tanks are way faster than they were in the past. Pretty much counts for all classes.

The addition of wheeled vehicles and the upcoming Polish tier 10 med won't slow the gameplay down in any way. It will only make battles faster.

Dr_Strangefruit #7 Posted 25 July 2020 - 10:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13771 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH

Yes i have to admit i think you maybe right, power creep has skewed the game somewhat as the maps are not fit for purpose these days even with the minor tweaks that are occasionally put in place to try and fix the issue.

Autoloaders, speedy vehicles and higher Alpha damage per shot with 'special ammo' being more readily available does seem to be the norm these days but is that down to WG creating far to many 'paper tanks' and the result being that the creates an imbalance or is it just overall bad game mechanics that have crept in due to newer vehicle's having to may 'gimmicks' and not being grounded enough in reality?

Its creating a very poor gaming experience overall in my opinion, yes I'm used to dying allot as I'm not great at the game but watching teams get roflstomped is just becoming tedious.

Maybe allot of the issue is WG being to cash hungry and listening to a minority of 'supertesters' and 'unicums' rather than the gaming community as a whole?

stormermp #8 Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 53614 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostDr_Strangefruit, on 25 July 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

Well i am not sure if its due to it being the weekend or just bad luck on my part but out of a dozen or so game played today there seems to be allot of team wipes.

I have seen several 15-0 wins to either team and a fair few where one team lost 15-5 or 15-3. 

I think the game needs a serious rebalance/overhaul as this seems to be coming a normal battle and its not fun no matter what side you happen to be on when it happens.

a. Limited match making +1/-1?

b. Same tier only battles with all tanks of that specific tier rebalanced?

c. Somehow work on balancing the teams out based on player ranks/skills so that teams have some average players, some excellent players and a few potato's like me on the team?

I am sure i am not the only one seeing these issues as they seem to be becoming a more regular occurrence.

The game is in it so deep,it can't be fixed anymore.Only overhauled,but i doubt WG has it in them so the best solution is to wait for some other game then you can dump WoT where it belongs,in history.

FizzleMcSnizzle #9 Posted 25 July 2020 - 11:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29051 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 25 July 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

Or, hope that WG would do something to make matches more balanced? 

Pansenmann #10 Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38497 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
limit speed of vehicles to max 60 km/h overall

qpranger #11 Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostDr_Strangefruit, on 25 July 2020 - 10:02 PM, said:

Somehow work on balancing the teams out based on player ranks/skills so that teams have some average players, some excellent players and a few potato's like me on the team?

Of course.

vanderkat #12 Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7127 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 26 July 2020 - 12:49 AM, said:

... or maybe a percentage speed reduction (say, around 35%) across the board, which would not only slow down the games, but also reduce the discrepancies, while maintaining relative differences.

Pattonizer #13 Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8842 battles

No, nothing will make this gone, better to accept it.

The snowball effect is part of the game since the beginning. The best option would be to balance the teams after the players had been randomly picked, but I guess that'd increase the server costs pretty much so WG does not really care about that (imho they should but thats just business). 

But even that would not be enough. There is no respawn so every random game will technically become a hardcore match where the tiniest errors can cause the next ones. Other games have respawn system, but no hp bars, so you need to work with that. Try to stay alive and do your best. Steamrolls can be stopped from time to time, and you not giving up can win the battle even with 1 hp.

Accepting this and trying to improve yourself will grant you that +1-10% winrate. Everything beyond that is out of your control.

Edited by Pattonizer, 26 July 2020 - 02:09 AM.

Robbie_T #14 Posted 26 July 2020 - 04:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22938 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Its the weekend

Played the whole week 57%+ winrate

Saturday 20 played 9 won 45% (but not to bad for saturday)

But some steam rolls you just cant hold....(and its always on maps where you totally on the differnt side....

Play heavy the meds F up bigtime....

play meds the heavys F up big time.... 

Sometimes you really get sick and tired of it....

And you know what annoyed me the most after the game tomatoes attacking you in private chat

i had 2 today.

-The first one 45%player was mad because i shot gold ...i was tier 6 in a tier 8 matchup what the hell you think im gonna do.....

So  he gonna report me to WG for spamming gold a wallet warrior is what he called me ....

-And teh second one really needs to check himself out 

Tier 8 obj 703 i roll out going to the heavy side dominated there with 2 random other heavys ...so we mopped up the whole enemy team.

after the game i get a message for a 43% tomatoe team mate he was pissed becuase i ruined his game ....

(he was camping in base with his techtree double barrel)

while it really is i carried (and rest of team offcourse)his 43% [edited].

Than he started saying that i dont know how to play (maybe but his 43%24K games should not judge me)

and that he did morein the game  but WG screwing him over....he did 0 dmg.....because he was camping at base......

and he was really serieus about it.....annoyed me for 1 hour (and i was to lazy to remove someone of my blacklist)

Edited by Robbie_T, 26 July 2020 - 04:57 AM.

WoTNoDe31 #15 Posted 26 July 2020 - 04:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18930 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 26 July 2020 - 12:49 AM, said:

Or maybe, just maybe, bring big and open maps into the game... Current problem is that WG introducing new and faster tanks on old, and small maps, that are designed for slow (more camping) gameplay style... 

Edited by WoTNoDe31, 26 July 2020 - 08:44 AM.

StronkiTonki #16 Posted 26 July 2020 - 05:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36364 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Other alternatives could also be having larger maps (in combination with more hp still)

And also just generally improved tutorials.

I still get called a coward when I fall back from a battle that I can not win.

Normalize:

-The idea that falling back is a good thing to do when you know you can't win the engagement

-The idea that pushing into campers is suicide

-The idea that attacking a flank all alone, or being somewhere alone, is generally a very bad idea

No more "You are a coward for running!"

No more "Noob team! *pingspams the obvious camper spot that just killed him*" 

No more "Noob team! No help! Go play barbie! *right after rushing a flank all on their own at the start of a battle"

Tugnut #17 Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23285 battles
  • [XCEL2] XCEL2

Change maps...change speeds...change MM.....change up down tier selection.

Or players learn to use the mini map!

But the amount of teams just being wiped so easy is so common now, very easy to get disheartened with the game.

Homer_J #18 Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:45 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStronkiTonki, on 25 July 2020 - 09:47 PM, said:

There's no denying that in the earlier years of WoT, there weren't as many roflstomps in the game.

I have yet to see any evidence that they are any more common than they were.

Indeed I have a screenshot here I saved called 15-0 yet again which suggests they were somewhat prevalent even in the early days.

Posted Image

Randomar #19 Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32240 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 25 July 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

The players are grinding their crews for 10 years now, for reasons - and fairness isn't one of it.

It is more or less a Pyramid-scheme.

And it seems so, like the "tomatoes" have accepted it.

-> Random Match Wipeouts

So you tell me now, what is the easiest way to fix this game design?

Private_Miros #20 Posted 26 July 2020 - 01:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30063 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostRandomar, on 26 July 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:

The players are grinding their crews for 10 years now, for reasons - and fairness isn't one of it.

It is more or less a Pyramid-scheme.

And it seems so, like the "tomatoes" have accepted it.

-> Random Match Wipeouts

So you tell me now, what is the easiest way to fix this game design?

The situation is a fix, asked for by the majority of the (Russian) community.

Old maps had more options to support both flanks and get vision and area control, depending on how the game developed. Of course, that was only the case for players with base level of game insight end up (so like 51% win rate and up).

49% Steve requested corridors and choke points, and with that only 1 or 2 key vision/area control spots per map. Lose those and your best bet is to camp base. But the best thing is that non-bot Steve hates camping, and so obliviously suicides while "team playing" helping the steamroll.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users