This is not fun anymore..

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

SancteRo #1 Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 32981 battles
  • [CT-18] CT-18

This game used to be an escape, it used to be fun..

Somehow, you sistematicaly managed to destroy that.. out of greed. Because as long as you get your money, everything is fine..there are plenty of idiots out there to buy into wot for a couple of years, spend some money..

You hide behind weak reasoning for not fixing what is wrong, and you go in the wrong direction because it suits wg. The french wheeled vehicles have ruined top tier matchups..for slow tds, slow heavies and artillery, and now you want to add something that makes them faster... it's beyond words..

Overpowered premium and reward tanks plague the random battles..you don't care..you are making money..

Matchmaking ..in terms of evenly matched team..is deplorable. You match players with 55%+ winrate as top tiers against players with 45%.. and that makes for a very disporportionate match. I'd rather lose a close game then win a 15-2.

Personally, I am tired to constantly start games 0-3 before I even have the chance to see an opponent..7 out of 10 times. This is supposed to be fun, not to make people angry..

I am done paying you money, and I am not the only one..we have played this game for years...and iti looks like you are making fun of us on our dime. And pretty soon we will stop playing the game.. it's just not fun anymore..

Olias_0f_Sunhillow #2 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:14 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27280 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

That's where I am at the moment.

I cannot press, 'Battle', anymore. I think I'm done.

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15357 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

I still press battle, less than before though and more often I end with alt-F4.

Some battles are good, some battles are bad... thats how it's always been, but the balance between good and bad shifts further and further to the bad side. 

Because of this, I feel players care less and less about playing decently, wich further increases the problem. 

WG not adequately tackling some long time problems and screwing up parts which were completely fine will be the end of WoT (at least for me).

Homer_J #4 Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:47 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Sorry to be the party pooper but I just had an hour's fun in the game.

But if it's lost it's shine for you then move on.

SancteRo #5 Posted 26 July 2020 - 03:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32981 battles
  • [CT-18] CT-18

Nice joke Homer, you should do stand-up comedy..you're funny. Of course, you are a Moderator..but you see..the average player needs to weigh in here, not you.

View PostHomer_J, on 26 July 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

I will decide when I move on. For now I feel the need to see what others think.. is that a problem ? :)

unhappy__bunny #6 Posted 26 July 2020 - 03:16 PM

Brigadier

• 21664 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostSancteRo, on 26 July 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

Nice joke Homer, you should do stand-up comedy..you're funny. Of course, you are a Moderator..but you see..the average player needs to weigh in here, not you.

I will decide when I move on. For now I feel the need to see what others think.. is that a problem ? :)

I was going to relate how, last evening I also had fun playing. Even managed to finish the grind on the Conquerer  to get the top gun and unlock the SuperConq. 

But Then I remembered my opinion doesn't count because I am also a Moderator. Shame really as even Moderators as just players with a side job on the forum. 

jack_timber #7 Posted 26 July 2020 - 03:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45966 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

TBH I still find it fun, cant put me finger on it, just the way it is.

If it isn't find a game that is, games should be fun.

Gruff_ #8 Posted 26 July 2020 - 05:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26515 battles

I had acual relaxed fun on Fri in Dinger tier6 strongholds, then again at t8 with another clan followed by 3 man platooning. 

Sat I did not have fun I played t8 SH badly and my game crashed/had various bugs throughout my time. 

Sun, well lets see...

ebb & flow

Gremlin182 #9 Posted 26 July 2020 - 05:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65436 battles

As long as you enter into a random game battle you get just that random the only constant is 15 vs 15.

To expect anything else is pure delusion on your part.

We have had SPGs Premium ammo +2 MM for years now so if you hate it way more than you like playing then go play some other game mode or game.

To the above add Autoloaders reloaders and Wheeled Vehicles they haven't been here quite as long but still a permanent feature.

Skill Based MM nope not in Random games but fine for some other game mode or modes.

It really wouldn't bother me if they added it to randoms but I  am not sure it would improve the player experience.

For those of us not part of the player elite well we wouldn't see much of a difference.

Assuming you divided the playerbase into those 50% + and those 49% or less

A game with 30 players all 49% or lower not that different to now.

Games comprising of players all 50% and above that's where you would see change.

Games would be much tougher.

For wargaming to "fix what is wrong" they would have to know what is wrong.

My opinion is as valid as any other and that's the problem for everyone who hates something someone else loves it.

For every "Problem" there is another "problem" someone thinks is much more important that needs doing first.

Forumite claims something is wrong believes they are right and that most people he has never met or spoken to agree with them.

They also believe that everyone who disagrees with them are idiots.

If wargaming took at face value every idea for how to fix the game there would be the problem of nerfing buffing changing removing or leaving alone the same thing.

So they do all they can reasonably do listen to what is said then check to see if their game statistics and own opinion agree or disagree.

Change comes if its needed but takes a long time many months not the next patch.

When something does change it usually breaks something else.

That's always happened.

So what can players do in the meantime.

Me I stop playing tanks that frustrate me and if still unhappy play something else.

qpranger #10 Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Frontline is fun, in the meantime there is always War Thunder.

Dr_Strangefruit #11 Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13808 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH

One of the biggest issues this game has, apart from a crapDev team, are 'paper tanks' with fictional autoloaders and scouts that are now to fast to hit even with a fast aiming gun and have obsuredlly OPed guns that they wouldn't be able to move with yet alone fire without blowing the turret off.

I checked into the various auto loaders this game seems to now have in abundance and the majority never saw production and those that did certainly do not operate in a clip system rather but more that the 'loader crew member' is not required as the tank has a system that auto loads 1 shell at a time into the gun breach.

As stated by OP the games always been about making a profit but now WG have destroyed it by allowing new tank powercreep to get out of hand and by refusing to nerf premium tanks.

mpf1959 #12 Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38766 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

I think it might be down to what constitutes fun for any given player.

It will likely be a combination of things, so if you can isolate the aspects that represent fun to yourself as an individual, and concentrate on them, then fun can be had regardless of all other factors.

However, if your fun depends on any aspects of the game which are beyond your control, then you will be frustrated.

Pedro_Agnus #13 Posted 27 July 2020 - 01:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33065 battles
  • [U-PTG] U-PTG
I'm currently on a break (long one actually) because I despise wheeled tanks and how WG created a cancer inside their own game. They can change lower the speed when tracks are down but.... that doesnt make any difference when 85% of the times we can't even hit them! Who was the fuc*ing genius who thought: Well lets introduce little toys "Hot Wheels" inside WOT. (????) 
Skill? Zero! Damage to the gameplay? 300%
First thing I used to do on every single battle: Let me see if there's any wheeled tanks - Because I know after 20secs I was spoted already and praying to hit those fuc*ing things so...
My sanity is more important and better not to get angry when a WG decides to sh*t on their own game. Remember: The nerf they are planning will mean NOTHING with the new equipment changes.... Actually: EBRs will be ever better! Trust me!

Edited by Pedro_Agnus, 27 July 2020 - 01:44 PM.

Gremlin182 #14 Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65436 battles

Lots of self entitled whining as usual, just because you personally do not like something in the game does not mean it has to be changed or removed.

Its possible you are just wrong.

Threatening or stating you are leaving or have left the game means little if you still stick around on the forum continually whining about the state of the game you no longer play.

There are no fantasy tanks in the game none at all, we do have tanks I call what if tanks, as in what would a particular nation have likely built had the war continued longer or they were not defeated.

We would have exhausted all the WW2 tanks that saw combat in the first year or so of the game, its only by extending the timeline into the 50s and 60s as well as adding new nations and tanks from the drawing board that keeps the game going.

Wheeled vehicles can be killed I have certainly killed them all except for the tier 10 but then I do not play a lot of tier 10 games.

A good player driving them is a pain at times but a good player in many tanks can be a pain too.

SancteRo #15 Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32981 battles
  • [CT-18] CT-18

Gremlin, what I have written is my personal opinion and that seems to bother you for some reason..I don't care  :)

I am aware that no game is perfect, however.. it is my opinion that wg can do more to make this game more fun and a little more balanced. I am not waiting for Thanos to make it perfectly balanced. :)

There is no "self entitled whining" here..it is just the opionion of an average player.  You might be a great player, good for you..maybe the game is more fun for you...again..I don't care..

I just posted an opinion, and a prediction..which is supported by facts..more and more people are giving up.

Waiting for more feedback from average players..

Nebuched #16 Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14782 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 26 July 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

Why do you hog all the good teams, Homer ? :)

Gruff_ #17 Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26515 battles

View PostSancteRo, on 27 July 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

I just posted an opinion, and a prediction..which is supported by facts..more and more people are giving up.

You can spend time reading guides, delving into the variances of tank setups on tanks gg, watch game play and tank reviews / streams, build a little network, explore in training rooms.  Then you can log into the mess of random battles and feel it's all been for nothing as key map positions are ignored, heavies camp, blob pushes stall against heavily outnumbered enemy, people dont share hp/spaces etc etc

LCpl_Jones #18 Posted 28 July 2020 - 12:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14883 battles

View PostGruff_, on 27 July 2020 - 10:22 PM, said:

You can spend time reading guides, delving into the variances of tank setups on tanks gg, watch game play and tank reviews / streams, build a little network, explore in training rooms.  Then you can log into the mess of random battles and feel it's all been for nothing as key map positions are ignored, heavies camp, blob pushes stall against heavily outnumbered enemy, people dont share hp/spaces etc etc

yep and what happens to those players, they get xp and continue to completely stuff up and fail all the way to tier 10.

Bugar_2013 #19 Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19421 battles
fact no 1... game is not the same from first years. fact no 2... you loose skiled players for new ones just for money.. we all know money is the first thing in this game but your crapy autobots can not replace skiled players also if you care only for players who pay well simply make this crapy game not free play and play with stupid ebr s and autobots to satisfy 10procent nonskiled morons who belive they are good

Gremlin182 #20 Posted 28 July 2020 - 11:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65436 battles

View PostSancteRo, on 27 July 2020 - 05:53 PM, said:

Gremlin, what I have written is my personal opinion and that seems to bother you for some reason..I don't care  :)

I am aware that no game is perfect, however.. it is my opinion that wg can do more to make this game more fun and a little more balanced. I am not waiting for Thanos to make it perfectly balanced. :)

There is no "self entitled whining" here..it is just the opionion of an average player.  You might be a great player, good for you..maybe the game is more fun for you...again..I don't care..

Yeah I get that, I overreacted and went into a self entitled rant because I am annoyed and frustrated about all the other self entitled rants.

Your post isn't one of those.

The problem as I see it is a natural one for an old game which is still incredibly successful.

The more complicated a game becomes the more harder it becomes to balance it.

Its also difficult when you are trying out ways for players to redress the imbalances yet some players complain about your methods.

Maps ideally maps should cater to all tank types so the majority of should be mixed terrain and only a few fully open or full city types.

SPGs we do need some form of indirect fire vehicles in the game sadly we ended up with tier 10 SPGs that imo should never have been considered for a game of this scale.

Also sad that there isnt really an easy way to do anything about them.

Removing them would be drastic and if that created more problems what then  you coul'nt bring them back.

Some of the equipment changes might help and personally I think thats the way to go, give players defenses if they don't use them then thats their problem.

Wheeled Vehicles tier 6 and 7 no problem at all, tier 8 a pain if you are in a light tank or they catch you in any tank unsuported and in the open.

Tier 9 quite strong similar problems to tier 8, tier 9 seems a little OP,

Premium version getting used to killing them now the changes to how wheel damage affects them all might fix a lot of the problems .

When I have a tank with decent turret travers and a good shel velocity I don't fine EBRs much of a problem.

They are counter scouts and I like the concept, instead of occupying a bush and spotting the enemy they deny those opportunities to the enemy scouts and kill them.

They are good at that, there is a problem when you get 2 or 3 platooned and they go on a rampage, that's something to keep an eye on but not a common problem yet.

I'm not a great player at this game experienced yes but I'm an old gamer and getting older slowing down eyesight and reactions not as good any more.

Still having fun though and right now my plan is to unlock every tank in the game I have 16 left to get I think and half of those are artillery.

I will eventually have in my garage all tier 8 9 and 10 tanks as well as an assortment of lower tiers I like playing.

When the game changes so will the tanks I play, if Wheeled vehicles make slow tanks hard to play then ill play faster tanks.

Ill play whatever has the best chance of success in the current meta whatever that happens to be,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users