I will not stand this disrespect - game crashed and then reset itself.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

guest273 #1 Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO

"Can you please come in the training room for 1 battle guest?"

"Sure" (I mean it's just 2 minutes, guy want to test something, nothing bad can possibly happen right?????)

??????????????

The game froze for 15 seconds - I opened task manager, end process - let's go back to wot, don't want to be stuck permanently in a test battle

All game settings + resolution is [edited] up - how??? what other game does this???

Thanks for the middle figer.

On the tournament too, thanks for giving Ruinberg encounter north side and not fixing the G1 position on that map.

Maybe steal my real life pictures too while you're at it?

21:17 Added after 1 minute
This is how a "please uninstall the game" invitation looks like.
21:18 Added after 2 minute
I mean everything - resolution, graphics, preferences, sound is messed up.

This has happened to me in the past 2-3 times in the last 5-6 years, thanks for never fixing things like these.

Edited by Homer_J, 26 July 2020 - 10:20 PM.
Swearing

splash_time #2 Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17450 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postguest273, on 27 July 2020 - 12:16 AM, said:

"Can you please come in the training room for 1 battle guest?"

"Sure" (I mean it's just 2 minutes, guy want to test something, nothing bad can possibly happen right?????)

??????????????

The game froze for 15 seconds - I opened task manager, end process - let's go back to wot, don't want to be stuck permanently in a test battle

All game settings + resolution is [edited] up - how??? what other game does this???

Thanks for the middle figer.

On the tournament too, thanks for giving Ruinberg encounter north side and not fixing the G1 position on that map.

Maybe steal my real life pictures too while you're at it?

21:17 Added after 1 minute
This is how a "please uninstall the game" invitation looks like.

Ruinberg is being reworked and it's going to be released in update 1.10 (next patch) in August or so. And it happens only when you have mods, old PC or when over heating. So it's not always about WG.

Gl mate.

DaniulSims #3 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11477 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
A bad/stressed out PC will have this happen on every game.

I should know since I have one, but WoT has given me no issue regarding this.

Then again, I do use SD client as I'm aware my PC isn't that great. It doesn't seem to be as much of a prevalent idea generally tho, if we are to judge by the forums.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77964 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Yes. I can clearly see the game froze in the screen provided. 

View Postguest273, on 26 July 2020 - 10:16 PM, said:

*Looks at his Bethesda folder" Well... tbh any game with a wide mod support. And if the settings "reset", it could be a config conflict. Even if you don't have mods now, but used before. Some files still linger in that cache. 

GalmTwo #5 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9662 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well, there's always a fresh install, try that. I know it's a pain, but it might solve the issues.

If it doesn't, then I guess your PC crapped itself.

Homer_J #6 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:13 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Crashing apps and possible file corruption I would be suspecting a memory fault but then that's probably just me being biased.

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36476 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Postguest273, on 26 July 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

This has happened to me in the past 2-3 times in the last 5-6 years

Distressing news indeed.

SoupFork #8 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18354 battles
Always make backups of all your preference files for any program you spent considerable time setting up once you’re happy with the setup. I keep them all in a separate folder and on an old USB drive. Only takes seconds to back them up, only takes seconds to restore them.

Robbie_T #9 Posted 27 July 2020 - 01:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22938 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostDaniulSims, on 26 July 2020 - 11:01 PM, said:

Then again, I do use SD client as I'm aware my PC isn't that great. It doesn't seem to be as much of a prevalent idea generally tho, if we are to judge by the forums.

I have a top end pc and i also run on SD client.

i switched to hd when i got my new pc 3 months ago....but after few battles i switched back,

i didnt like it. to much flashy things ...and i rather have 300 frms and have a silent pc 

Gruff_ #10 Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 26387 battles
Are you the guy that raged and deleted all 5 of his tanks in the saxan thread ? :P

Frostilicus #11 Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:15 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 24444 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

I also get screen lockouts, but only when game is in HD and Ultra settings. There is a windows message saying the "Display adapter stopped responding", or words to that effect.

I did a bit of googling, and it seems the way to fix it is to drop WoT graphic settings down a couple - since I've done this it hasn't locked up again - although Nvidia also released a new driver, so who knows which really worked :)

wsatnutter #12 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27651 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Op such angst

P.S its your comp not WG

Only_Slightly_Bent #13 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29273 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

View Postwsatnutter, on 27 July 2020 - 07:09 AM, said:

Op such angst

P.S its your comp not WG

Yes but it's WGs fault that he has broke PC. Everything is WGs fault. Have you not learned this yet?

guest273 #14 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:22 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO

View Postsplash_time, on 26 July 2020 - 09:19 PM, said:

Ruinberg is being reworked and it's going to be released in update 1.10 (next patch) in August or so.
Aha, so that's a proper reason to leave that map in its current state rotating even...

And it happens only when you have mods,
jaja - always blame mods, even tough guest273 is knows to be anti-modding since 2012...

old PC
I wish...

or when over heating.
Unless you want to tell me having open 20-30 google chrome tabs with some music etc. is causing that... - 2-3 years ago I had 150+ tabs open in chrome and was playing wot and nothing bad happened, game didn't even stutter. I also haven't dunked my computer, thrown it against walls etc.

So it's not always about WG.
jaja

Gl mate.

View PostDaniulSims, on 26 July 2020 - 10:01 PM, said:

I don't recall any other game ever having this happen to it
So I wonder why is WoT stressing out the game so much? Perhaps this is something that a brand new Scorpion-3A-703 wheeled vehicle could solve? 

I also use SD, also - the man, the myth, the legend who edited my OP once asked - why do you play on minimal graphics, since I had like 90-150 fps on a recording of an i n t e r e s t i n g battle - click here for reference.

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 July 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

Yes. I can clearly see the game froze in the screen provided. 

*Looks at his Bethesda folder" Well... tbh any game with a wide mod support.

Blame it on the mods who know what to do
Blame it on the OP's PC who keep hitting on you
Blame it on your mother for the things she said
Blame it on your father but you know he's dead
Blame it on the girls
Blame it on the boys
Blame it on the girls
Blame it on the boys

And if the settings "reset", it could be a config conflict. Even if you don't have mods now, but used before. Some files still linger in that cache.
I made a post like 8-9 months ago where I had to reset the cache and as suggested by WG customer support and I was b i c h i n g on the forum later that it didn't even solve the problem. I think I reinstalled the game to fix it... Also, for reference memes like this have happened before and OFTEN: link
5:51 - 6:06
Btw, that video has a lot of such i n t e r e s t i n g sightings...

View PostGalmTwo, on 26 July 2020 - 10:09 PM, said:

Well, there's always a fresh install, try that. I know it's a pain, but it might solve the issues.

If it doesn't, then I guess your PC crapped itself.
See replies above: " Also, for reference memes like this have happened before and OFTEN: link"

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 26 July 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

Distressing news indeed.
It's all fine, until it starts happening to you, then you find a guy who said it had happened to him multiple times and wonder "why they never fixed it"

View PostRobbie_T, on 27 July 2020 - 12:39 AM, said:

I have a top end pc and i also run on SD client.

i switched to hd when i got my new pc 3 months ago....but after few battles i switched back,

i didnt like it. to much flashy things ...and i rather have 300 frms and have a silent pc 

EXACTLY THIS

View PostGruff_, on 27 July 2020 - 05:46 AM, said:

Are you the guy that raged and deleted all 5 of his tanks in the saxan thread ? :P
Thanks for the link / reference.

No, I'm the guy who actually wants to play wot, but lately the game has been so trash that I have resorted to sorting out my old WoT screenshots instead, including the ones with BS and uploading videos that partially calling out WG on it:

Couple of short ones:
Spotting mechanics
These series are mix of memes + bugs, if you have 15 mins combined give them a watch:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Like even when making a 5 minute vid, I take like concussive 50-75 screenshots and they have stuff like that in them... I'm getting a new screenshot of a new WoT bug on a weekly basis...

View PostFrostilicus, on 27 July 2020 - 06:15 AM, said:

I also get screen lockouts, but only when game is in HD and Ultra settings. There is a windows message saying the "Display adapter stopped responding", or words to that effect.
I'm always running SD, nearly minimal settings but with max render/draw distances.
I've never got a message like that.

I did a bit of googling, and it seems the way to fix it is to drop WoT graphic settings down a couple - since I've done this it hasn't locked up again - although Nvidia also released a new driver, so who knows which really worked :)
Yeah, let's drop down the draw distance from 500 meters to 350ish, s h o u l d help a lot on l a r g e maps like Ensk.

View PostSoupFork, on 26 July 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

Always make backups of all your preference files for any program you spent considerable time setting up once you’re happy with the setup. I keep them all in a separate folder and on an old USB drive. Only takes seconds to back them up, only takes seconds to restore them.

Btw, to all those wondering:
Since I needed to "transport" my wot settings to my laptop like 1+ year ago, I had a screenshot with all the graphics / sound settings in my wot folder, I've reset the game that way (also cleared the cache while I had the chance), feels like it's 90% the same as it was before.

I hope the game doesn't explode until steel hunt, because god sure knows I'm not even going to log in till then.

Ooooh 2 more posts have been added - nvm they're not worth responding.

Btw, PC specs for reference:

qpranger #15 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:22 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

This summer has been so rainy and cold.

Now I am beginning to understand whose fault it is really.

guest273 #16 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO
Last 3 posts excluding mine seem like they need to be checked for alt accounts tbh.

I wanna see how wot brakes if I don't touch it till steel hunt (or worthwhile event).

Let's see more my faults.

qpranger #17 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostFrostilicus, on 27 July 2020 - 09:15 AM, said:

There is a windows message saying the "Display adapter stopped responding", or words to that effect.

Display adapter - this is what is known as a graphics card on 21st century PCs :)

guest273 #18 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:39 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO
You know what, there are currently 2 unnecessary open google chrome tabs, here, hold this:
Spoiler

Tell me when an equipment discount happens, since it was impossible to get referral tanks on top of tanks that were rental but had 0 battles left. Selling equipment for 50% of its price is so fun.
Basically this post that was left unseen: a rant that turned into a 'tutorial' since I took a lot of screens for no reason 

Only_Slightly_Bent #19 Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29273 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

View Postguest273, on 27 July 2020 - 07:25 AM, said:

Last 3 posts excluding mine seem like they need to be checked for alt accounts tbh.

I'm flattered that you think I'm either an alt account or using one :)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37493 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postqpranger, on 27 July 2020 - 08:22 AM, said:

This summer has been so rainy and cold.

Now I am beginning to understand whose fault it is really.

Should have bought Fort Knox then and enjoyed the premium weather. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users