Is getting multiple clan members in 1 random game against rules?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26591 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Hello,

I dont mean for rigging missions but say if all in clan press battle at same time just to see if we get into same battle is that against the rules, we would play normally in the game of course ?

Is this the same for ranked and randoms, I see for example sometimes quick baby does tog fun where everyone floods mm with togs, would this be considered the same?

Flavortown #2 Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17690 battles
  • [LIDL] LIDL
Unless you're rigging then i dont think counting is against the rules, or if it is then its quite hard to prove if you play normally

malairt #3 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31995 battles
  • [ROC] ROC

We did that once - got 6 of us into a game!  Success!

Oops - 3 on each side, which wasn't the plan at all.  How we laughed.  :)

Homer_J #4 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:37 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I remember a screenshot where a clan managed to fill all but a couple of slots in a battle by something like 90 of them clicking battle together.

qpranger #5 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
If they lose the match, will they rage-sell all their tanks at once?

saxsan4 #6 Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26591 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Postqpranger, on 26 July 2020 - 10:44 PM, said:

If they lose the match, will they rage-sell all their tanks at once?

no, you can only sell 5 tanks plus most people dont rage sell, although I sold my t44 after one battle because I slipped on the rocks and died

The_Naa #7 Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12881 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

if WG would say its against the rules there would be some kind of system in the game that would deny players with same clan tags to end up in the same game because MM.

i dont belive it would be that difficult for WG to code if they dont want that to happen. like ever. but now its really easy, pick a couple of friends, get on comms, say what tier you want to play, (tier 1-4 are really good because no one plays there so its really easy to meet up) then pick similar kind of tanks (one arty, one medium one heavy for example) to enhance your to get matched up because MM is rigged to set platoons with similar set up to fight against each other. have same game modes on/off same maps blocked. ''on go'' ''3-2-1-GO!' wait a second and boom. there they are beacuse MM. now kill every last one of them. :playing: its like 2v2 oe 3v3 but you know serious and you still make XP, Credits and stuff out from it.

its fun every time. :)

never used it to rig missions or stuff never even thought of that.

i do know however who i should focus.

oh that reminds me

i remember playing a tier 10 game with 3 arty in it and telling them in chat that the guys we synced up with (now the enemy toon) were super unicums using anonymizer.

oh boy did they got that focused real hard. all 3 of our arty were focusing them all game, every time one of them poke to have a shot at us got insta shot by 3 arty. :teethhappy:

after the game they were like, ''**** this anonymizer does absolutely nothing, i get focused all the same! :angry:''

i told them that i told my team they were super unicums and oh man did they get mad. :trollface:

good times. :rolleyes: 

MeetriX #8 Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 27667 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostThe_Naa, on 27 July 2020 - 02:14 AM, said:

if WG would say its against the rules there would be some kind of system in the game that would deny players with same clan tags to end up in the same game because MM.

i dont belive it would be that difficult for WG to code if they dont want that to happen. like ever.

And then the people who are not in clan gets a free pass.

Very balanced.

Homer_J #9 Posted 27 July 2020 - 01:20 AM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThe_Naa, on 27 July 2020 - 12:14 AM, said:

But friends with different clan tags would be able to bypass the feature?  And what about those joint clans like those pesky Dingers?

A simple random delay between clicking battle and being put in the queue would reduce the effectiveness of a countdown but you will still get people who know each other randomly ending up on the same team.

The_Naa #10 Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:28 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12881 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMeetriX, on 27 July 2020 - 12:59 AM, said:

And then the people who are not in clan gets a free pass.

Very balanced.

View PostHomer_J, on 27 July 2020 - 01:20 AM, said:

But friends with different clan tags would be able to bypass the feature?  And what about those joint clans like those pesky Dingers?

A simple random delay between clicking battle and being put in the queue would reduce the effectiveness of a countdown but you will still get people who know each other randomly ending up on the same team.

And/or check your friendlist.

But players Will find a way even then, but OP's question was about clans doing it.

And if you REALLY want To stop random toon "rigging" you need To stop plattons from being matched against other platoons, but thats a New problem again.

And To be honest In the larger picture i dont think few friends having a blast In few randoms Will break the game. And if you see whole clan rigging a game by just doing something specific there is always the option To contact the support. 

WG did that with steelhunter In NA iirc. Then it was people forming a gank squad To win the games but doing that In randoms? C'moon, really?

Platoons already give you a opportunity To have a effect on the Flow of the game as you can form a team of super unicums To rig the game cuz its an illegal privilige To have friends And most importantly friends that are good at the game. 

But having a Brother is totaly fine, let me make that 100% clear rn. Having a Brother In a toon is fine. :hiding:

Homer_J #11 Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:52 AM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThe_Naa, on 27 July 2020 - 02:28 AM, said:

And if you REALLY want To stop random toon "rigging" you need To stop plattons from being matched against other platoons, but thats a New problem again.

At least with platoons being matched you don't get synced up platoons all on one team any more.

Mimos_A #12 Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:18 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32984 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

Not sure how they would ever enforce that. Especially later in the evening it's easy to end up in the same games. And I've also had an instance where we ended up on the same team with 2 full platoons from the clan, while we didn't even know the other guys were also playing. There's no way to figure out what's intentional and not, especially during hours with low player numbers.

fwhaatpiraat #13 Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:24 AM

Major

• Player
  • 64177 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postsaxsan4, on 26 July 2020 - 10:42 PM, said:

Hello,

I dont mean for rigging missions but say if all in clan press battle at same time just to see if we get into same battle is that against the rules, we would play normally in the game of course ?

Is this the same for ranked and randoms, I see for example sometimes quick baby does tog fun where everyone floods mm with togs, would this be considered the same?

Have you ever heard of 'fun'?

splash_time #14 Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17450 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 27 July 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

Have you ever heard of 'fun'?

He did, but i don't think he understood it properly. :arta:

Marlekin #15 Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:22 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 34143 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR

If youre worried about getting reported, you can all just switch on your anonimyzer and other players wont see your clan tag's. 

But from my own experience, I dont think you have anything to worry about when trying to countdown platoon. 

I used to join alot of click-platoons, as we called them, with my former [ROFF] clanbuddies back in the day. Multiple platoons would be formed, everyone would agree on a tier, and when everyone was ready there would be a "3, 2, 1, click!" and every platoon leader would click their battle button. Sometimes two or more platoons would get in the same team and we would get accused of rigging, but nothing ever came of it.

(Probably because we would lose horribly). 

Haha.. those were the days. 

*sigh*
I had some really good times with those guys. Unfortunately, a bunch of inept officers ruined that clan. 

Edited by Marlekin, 27 July 2020 - 11:22 AM.

StinkyStonky #16 Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 39852 battles
  • [DASH] DASH

I think this is quite a common practice in active clans.

The problem with it tends to be the opposite of rigging.

Clan members tend to be obsessed with killing their clan mates and so sub optimal tactics (yolo rushing, etc.) are quite common place.

When I was in the Sir Havoc / WoT Uni community they had an "I Killed My Clan Commander" TS3 tag.  Clan Commanders never stood a chance during these fun events. :playing:

The_Naa #17 Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12881 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 27 July 2020 - 05:52 AM, said:

At least with platoons being matched you don't get synced up platoons all on one team any more.

and thats the best part!

i get to shoot the other guys. :playing:

Bora_BOOM #18 Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32966 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostThe_Naa, on 26 July 2020 - 11:14 PM, said:

i remember playing a tier 10 game with 3 arty in it and telling them in chat that the guys we synced up with (now the enemy toon) were super unicums using anonymizer.

oh boy did they got that focused real hard. all 3 of our arty were focusing them all game, every time one of them poke to have a shot at us got insta shot by 3 arty. :teethhappy:

after the game they were like, ''**** this anonymizer does absolutely nothing, i get focused all the same! :angry:''

i told them that i told my team they were super unicums and oh man did they get mad. :trollface:

good times. :rolleyes: 

This sounds familiar. Very familiar. Abbey? :ohmy:

The_Naa #19 Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12881 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBora_BOOM, on 27 July 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

This sounds familiar. Very familiar. Abbey? :ohmy:

Yes.

arthurwellsley #20 Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56653 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View Postsaxsan4, on 26 July 2020 - 09:42 PM, said:

Hello,

If it is not for rigging then voice counting in is not against the rules.

Since 2011 many clans that I have been in have done it.

You then split into different TS channels and try and kill your clan mates on the opposite team as a priority.

These are fun and often ridiculous matches where the reds with clan tags must die first!

In randoms it is harmless fun, not sure it would be permitted in RB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users