Deliberate Team Fail

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

CPTHOWIE #1 Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 52463 battles
  • [S300E] S300E

I don't know if its me or if i'm imagining things. But of late i'm noticing more and more people suiciding at the beginning and during battles or simply hitting the battle button and not playing the battle at all. Which in turn is causing an unfair battle.

Of course you can report these people. but as i'm told so many times that the system is just in place to ease the mind of players and nothing becomes of it. We all know there is a fair play policy to help us against people using illegal mods (So to speak) But what about the people deliberately doing these acts to cause the team to fail.

wsatnutter #2 Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27669 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
its called scouting missions

shikaka9 #3 Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 80294 battles
what a brave players they can say 'no' to mm :medal: so historical

Edited by shikaka9, 27 July 2020 - 03:25 PM.

qpranger #4 Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostCPTHOWIE, on 27 July 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

I don't know if its me or if i'm imagining things. But of late i'm noticing more and more people suiciding at the beginning and during battles or simply hitting the battle button and not playing the battle at all. Which in turn is causing an unfair battle.

Battles are already unfair before some of the players leave.

That is exactly why they quit, to garage or entirely.

DaniulSims #5 Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11477 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K

View Postqpranger, on 27 July 2020 - 04:34 PM, said:

Battles are already unfair before some of the players leave.

That is exactly why they quit, to garage or entirely.

But why ruin the experience of even more players instead of oh, you know, not play the game?

qpranger #6 Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:45 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostDaniulSims, on 27 July 2020 - 05:39 PM, said:

But why ruin the experience of even more players instead of oh, you know, not play the game?

It happens in stages. First one becomes disappointed in individual battles and quits to garage, then gradually the person sees the bigger picture and quits the game altogether. Don't berate such people for their behaviour - berate Wargaming for driving them out of the game with stupid decisions - and indecision - when it comes to balancing gameplay.

Gruff_ #7 Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26509 battles

View Postqpranger, on 27 July 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

It happens in stages. First one becomes disappointed in individual battles and quits to garage, then gradually the person sees the bigger picture and quits the game altogether. Don't berate such people for their behaviour - berate Wargaming for driving them out of the game with stupid decisions - and indecision - when it comes to balancing gameplay.

No, if they feel that way they shouldn't press the Battle button to begin with, rather than further compound the games problems with an afk or suicide.

lbot #8 Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23122 battles
Because this game is so badly balanced that people who weigh the time-to-fun ratio prefer to quit and try another match to have more fun and not being pinata. It is developers' side issue, not players'.

LCpl_Jones #9 Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14874 battles
the game is turning into trash so players just don't care anymore, blame war gaming it's how they want the game. no players were involved in developing it into the unbalanced, deliberately frustrating game experience it is now.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78197 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostCPTHOWIE, on 27 July 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

but as i'm told so many times that the system is just in place to ease the mind of players and nothing becomes of it. We all know there is a fair play policy to help us against people using illegal mods (So to speak) But what about the people deliberately doing these acts to cause the team to fail.

Well, you can press battle yourself and go idle and see how long it takes before you get a ban warning. It's 5 games iirc. As there is a separate idle Fairplay system for idle. The issue is, that like team damage. It's only targeted at those that do it several games in a row to stop bot farming. Vs those that do once a day etc.

Same with reporting that has its issues too. If they only do it now and then, and only you report and react to it on your team. The failsafe for false reports might get them to go unnoticed for longer. Vs if half your team reacts to it. As a few matches with 6-8 reports helps more. But again, if only you care on your team. They will ofc get away with it for longer. 

Then agian, yolo scouting or playing bad and dying early is a different aspect. And as a recent event on NA did show. WG doesn't have any rules vs bad play. But they did take action vs one there recently for doing it. As it was an alt account on Twitch that did nothing but yolo scout on stream. And the amount of hate he got was "bigger than usual" as WG did say. As he got a ton of reports for it that WG had to react. 

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15357 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Its the result of WG not taking their own game seriously. More and more players don't give a flying f about a battle so they just yolo/afk/drown. Result of years and years not fixing problems in the game. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37593 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 27 July 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

Its the result of WG not taking their own game seriously. More and more players don't give a flying f about a battle so they just yolo/afk/drown. Result of years and years not fixing problems in the game. 

NO, It's because of all the snowflakes that don't like to fight any battle they don't think isn't stacked in their favour. Had it today when some whiner drove straight to the corner of the redline and refused to play because he didn't like being bottom tier. After myself and another player had done carrying the team for him and he realised we were going to win he actually decided he did want to play.

It's people like that who complain about losing all the time when if they stopped whining and actually made the effort they'd lose a lot less.

qpranger #13 Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 July 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

NO, It's because of all the snowflakes that don't like to fight any battle they don't think isn't stacked in their favour. Had it today when some whiner drove straight to the corner of the redline and refused to play because he didn't like being bottom tier. After myself and another player had done carrying the team for him and he realised we were going to win he actually decided he did want to play.

Replay or it didn't happen.

The_Naa #14 Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12968 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 July 2020 - 06:46 PM, said:

It's people like that who complain about losing all the time when if they stopped whining and actually made the effort they'd lose a lot less.

This ^ so much this ^

its that there are players that dont like being bottom tier. and for that i dont see why there are players like that still in the game in such large numbers. its beyond me, go play Tier X as you can never be bottom tier. play tier 1-2-3 or some other preff mm tanks that exclude the possibility to be in +2 MM. or something like the PZ.B2, Light Vickers, PZ.1 that ger super preff MM so they are always top tier, and sometimes against in -1 mm.

if its really that bad that you are bottom tier DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOURSELF! there are so many options that are a insta fix to the situation.

other one is the mod that tells you the % on how likely it is for your team to win the game, and if its below 50% the just type in lost, go yolo/drown/quit the game, die, then quit or ping the map and whine for the rest of the game, only to see that we actually won the game. (happens to me most often) there is no reason to trust that mod, and throwing your tank away for free only means you are more likely to lose.

in the end its the players that want always to be top tier, always want good teams, always want to win that screw your team over.

and that is the magic of WoT no matter how bad the game may be, no matter the MM, tanks or team in the game, they wont just quit the game or get custom to it. its unbelievable.

Ricox #15 Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:09 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1880 battles
  • [-D2S-] -D2S-

View Postlbot, on 27 July 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

Because this game is so badly balanced that people who weigh the time-to-fun ratio prefer to quit and try another match to have more fun and not being pinata. It is developers' side issue, not players'.

There is literally never a match-up where anyone is ever a pinata. If someone feels that they are, then they should reconsider their own performance rather than ruining the experience of other players because of a childish tantrum.

View PostThe_Naa, on 27 July 2020 - 06:07 PM, said:

This ^ so much this ^

its that there are players that dont like being bottom tier. and for that i dont see why there are players like that still in the game in such large numbers. its beyond me, go play Tier X as you can never be bottom tier. play tier 1-2-3 or some other preff mm tanks that exclude the possibility to be in +2 MM. or something like the PZ.B2, Light Vickers, PZ.1 that ger super preff MM so they are always top tier, and sometimes against in -1 mm.

if its really that bad that you are bottom tier DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOURSELF! there are so many options that are a insta fix to the situation.

other one is the mod that tells you the % on how likely it is for your team to win the game, and if its below 50% the just type in lost, go yolo/drown/quit the game, die, then quit or ping the map and whine for the rest of the game, only to see that we actually won the game. (happens to me most often) there is no reason to trust that mod, and throwing your tank away for free only means you are more likely to lose.

in the end its the players that want always to be top tier, always want good teams, always want to win that screw your team over.

and that is the magic of WoT no matter how bad the game may be, no matter the MM, tanks or team in the game, they wont just quit the game or get custom to it. its unbelievable.

Agree with absolutely everything you've said. These players are incredibly frustrating, I really wish their behavior was against the rules and punishable with bans. Judging by how frustrated these players are, Wargaming would be doing them a favor. And if they happen to miss World of Tanks because of it, then hey, turns out the game isn't that bad after all and they're just throwing tantrums that ruin the experience for their 14 teammates.

There is never an unwinnable battle. You could have a team of reds and greens matched against a team of blues and unicums, and it can still go in the favor of reds and greens. I've seen it happen many times. For all you know, all 15 of these red and green players could be having the battles of their lifetimes. Unlikely, but the chance to win is NEVER 0% unless you make it 0% by demotivating the entire team, spamming up the chat, and trolling the entire team into teamkills or suicides. (I've seen some of these whiners go for pushing teamkills too, so it's not enough they're throwing the game for themselves, they also try to make the team lose)

And, of course, to add to all of this, these game-throwing ragers are usually sub-48% WR players who then think the game is rigged against them. They just can't seem to realize that they're doing the rigging!

Edited by Ricox, 27 July 2020 - 07:14 PM.

Tom_Soop #16 Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55389 battles
Some players are sick of working their a55 off to get wins and yet WG rig them to lose night after night for days on end.

Every time a player presses battle, they should have an even chance to win, not rigged one way or the other.

The shi77y lose streaks and bs rng and useless top tier moroms grind down even the biggest fans and biggest spenders so that they no longer want to play.
Youtube WOT vids are full of commenters saying they loved the game but dont play any more due to the direction the game has followed.

Edited by Tom_Soop, 27 July 2020 - 07:47 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37593 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTom_Soop, on 27 July 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

Some players are sick of working their a55 off to get wins and yet WG rig them to lose night after night for days on end.

Every time a player presses battle, they should have an even chance to win, not rigged one way or the other.

It's not, WG don't rig anything. Everyone has bad days, but if you're constantly losing then the problems is you. 

qpranger #18 Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 July 2020 - 10:41 PM, said:

It's not, WG don't rig anything. Everyone has bad days, but if you're constantly losing then the problems is you. 

There is no "you" losing, there is your teams losing, allocated to you beyond your control and you being just 1/15 of the force (or farce) deployed against the enemy.

LCpl_Jones #19 Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14874 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 July 2020 - 07:41 PM, said:

....WG don't rig anything.....

everybody wants proof when someone says they rig it, so proof that they don't ? :trollface:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:06 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37593 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 27 July 2020 - 11:52 PM, said:

everybody wants proof when someone says they rig it, so proof that they don't ? :trollface:

http://forum.worldof...s-about-the-mm/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users