Good players ruining the game

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Bulldog_Drummond #1 Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36552 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

I know that the usual forum complaint is that there are too many hopeless players ruining their games, but let's consider the other angle

Do WG want boring old lags who know how to play the game and spend little or no money on it using their skills and 5+ years or more experience killing newcomers?  I think not

If I were running WG as a business I would be delighted to see the back of every single competent and experienced player

No online game wants or welcomes old-timers who know how the game works as they ruin the fun for new players

Balc0ra #2 Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78150 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
So... you're saying WG should kick you and your 220 out to protect new players? I know some of us pad... but still. That's harsh. 

The_Naa #3 Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12968 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Mike_Mckay #4 Posted 28 July 2020 - 03:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25079 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 27 July 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

I know that the usual forum complaint is that there are too many hopeless players ruining their games, but let's consider the other angle

Do WG want boring old lags who know how to play the game and spend little or no money on it using their skills and 5+ years or more experience killing newcomers?  I think not

If I were running WG as a business I would be delighted to see the back of every single competent and experienced player

No online game wants or welcomes old-timers who know how the game works as they ruin the fun for new players

I dont think   the blame lies  with the "good players" personally, well, not the geniunely good ones at least. Stat padders annd seal clubbers are a different story

Having good players in games where the teams are fairly balanced is actually a GOOD thing, especially if you use XVM, as you can see where the good players go

I  personally tend to avoid going where the enemy good players are and if our team has a good player I either just try to keep an eye on where they go on the map for when I am in a similar tank on the same map  with the same spawn (assuming they did well of course) or if we are already in similar tanks I just tag along and see how  they play the location and try to support them as well as I can

So the good players themselves arent the bad thing, its only a problem when WG puts them all or most of them on one team and  none or barely any on the other, now THOSE games I am right with you in thinking its complete [edited]  , but not purely on the basis that there "are" good players in the mix

The players whether good, mediocre or bad dont pick the team they are on

Thats PURELY the fault of WG, not the players

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 28 July 2020 - 03:04 AM.

Robbie_T #5 Posted 28 July 2020 - 04:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23010 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 27 July 2020 - 11:46 PM, said:

Kids nowadays......

You really need to grow a backkbone...... what a mentality...

Quess you must be happy you are not born in the 80's and 90's when videogames where really hard....

Mario 1 died in lvl 8-4 and you lost all your live's quess what....you can start all over again at lvl 1-1.

And i quess Wargaming rather have me as there costumer...that got a filled up bank account...

and if i want to i can spend a 600 euro a month in the game.....( not that i will  but i can)

Than instead a kid that have to beg mommy for premium time and a premium tank plays for 6 months till the next hype game comes by.

and that if he's spoiled..... even worse if you get a kid on a patotoe pc without money and f2p the rest of his puberty.

Mike_Mckay #6 Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25079 battles

View PostRobbie_T, on 28 July 2020 - 03:26 AM, said:

Kids nowadays......

Quess you must be happy you are not born in the 80's and 90's when videogames where really hard....

Mario 1 died in lvl 8-4 and you lost all your live's quess what....you can start all over again at lvl 1-1.

And i quess Wargaming rather have me as there costumer...that got a filled up bank account...

and if i want to i can spend a 600 euro a month in the game.....( not that i will  but i can)

Than instead a kid that have to beg mommy for premium time and a premium tank plays for 6 months till the next hype game comes by.

and that if he's spoiled..... even worse if you get a kid on a patotoe pc without money and f2p the rest of his puberty.

To  be fair even WG themselves openly admit that seal clubbing is a serious enough problem for them to take useless half assed steps so they can utterly 110% fail miserably to fix it

So patronising someone for merely complaining about the exact thing that WG themselves have admitted IS a problem is quite pathetic really

And I did grow up in the 70s and 80s and I still think its [edited]that selfish cunts should be allowed to ruin the game for new players and drive them away harming the game as a whole

Unicorn_of_Steel #7 Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21458 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
Don't feed the troll guys, just don't :teethhappy:

Draakard #8 Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23879 battles

There are a few things that may fix this issue:

1. Remove WR from random battles (or remove WR from tier 1 - 6 in random battles). Keep random battles as an "test" and "learn" mode.

2. Make a new PVE mode with increasing difficulty. This would remove many players from random battles.

3. Simply avoid random battles, but then I guess there is not much left in the game to play.

The frustration from the majority of players seem to come from MM in random battles. Where you mix old players (due to lack of alternative content) and new players who are trying to learn the game.

WR is realy a joke in random battles since the outcome is so depending of MM.

4ztec #9 Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 666 battles
  • [B33R] B33R

View PostMike_Mckay, on 28 July 2020 - 05:58 AM, said:

To  be fair even WG themselves openly admit that seal clubbing is a serious enough problem for them 

Then why do they sell tanks like SU76i, 105 lefh, FCM Pak 36 or Pz 2J from time to time? 

If they would really see a problem in seal clubbing they wouldnt do that. 

shikaka9 #10 Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:43 AM

Major

• Player
  • 80275 battles

Good players ruins bad players games

Bad players ruins good players games

WG ruins for everyone :trollface:

That's the living gaming ... 

:)

* 'James - Getting Away With It (All Messed Up)' first chords starts playing * ...

Edited by shikaka9, 28 July 2020 - 08:44 AM.

Mike_Mckay #11 Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25079 battles

View Post4ztec, on 28 July 2020 - 07:37 AM, said:

Then why do they sell tanks like SU76i, 105 lefh, FCM Pak 36 or Pz 2J from time to time? 

If they would really see a problem in seal clubbing they wouldnt do that. 

At a guess I suspect they have been getting worse than normal player retention levels and have figured out that various aspects of the game are driving players away in increasing numbers which was probably figured out by some kind of exit questionnaire for people closing their account down explaining which of the myriad of long standing problems with the game they have ignored addressing has driven each particular player away

And that seal clubbing was probably a much more common complaint than usual

But thats only a guess you understand as obviously the entire game is designed around the concept of seal clubbing, and they dont "really" want to fix the problem as we can see from the pointless half assed pretence of fixing it they are planning, they just want to APPEAR like they are fixing it but without actually doing so

Because if they did actually want to fix it then thats really easy, you leave all the equipment slots as they are, but you put players with more than a certain amount of EFF rating and/or games played into a different game queue for tiers 1-6 and thats the problem pretty much sorted right there

They new players get to play against other new players without having to endure selfish cunts seal clubbing anymore and still allowing them to try out equipment while they are learning the game

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 28 July 2020 - 09:01 AM.

Frostilicus #12 Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:15 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 24598 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Player yesterday was waving his epeen in General Chat, dismissing people with lower win rates as being "mongo" - when I looked at his stats, sure he had 59% win rate - 12,000 battles in tier 4...

I guess these are the players that the honourable OP has in mind...

OreH75 #13 Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:26 AM

Major

• Player
  • 56591 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostDraakard, on 28 July 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

There are a few things that may fix this issue:

1. Remove WR from random battles (or remove WR from tier 1 - 6 in random battles). Keep random battles as an "test" and "learn" mode.

2. Make a new PVE mode with increasing difficulty. This would remove many players from random battles.

3. Simply avoid random battles, but then I guess there is not much left in the game to play.

The frustration from the majority of players seem to come from MM in random battles. Where you mix old players (due to lack of alternative content) and new players who are trying to learn the game.

WR is realy a joke in random battles since the outcome is so depending of MM.

1. Lol, why remove winrate if the objective of a random game is to win by capping or killing all enemies?

2. Why not make a new PVE with increasing difficulty for new players to learn the game instead?

3.I prefer random above any special/PVE mode, so no thanks.

Like i said; I dont like to play alternative content; Frontline, Ranked, Steelhunter, historical battles..etc etc are all fun for a few games but then become a boring grindfest for a reward (tank) and to be honest without a reward tank I think there would be much less players playing those special modes.

And the MM treats all player similar in randoms so WR is a perfect indication for player perfomance in random battles. 

Draakard #14 Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23879 battles

View PostOreH75, on 28 July 2020 - 08:26 AM, said:

1. Lol, why remove winrate if the objective of a random game is to win by capping or killing all enemies?

2. Why not make a new PVE with increasing difficulty for new players to learn the game instead?

3.I prefer random above any special/PVE mode, so no thanks.

Like i said; I dont like to play alternative content; Frontline, Ranked, Steelhunter, historical battles..etc etc are all fun for a few games but then become a boring grindfest for a reward (tank) and to be honest without a reward tank I think there would be much less players playing those special modes.

And the MM treats all player similar in randoms so WR is a perfect indication for player perfomance in random battles. 

Nice to see the game is working out for you......

OreH75 #15 Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 56591 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostDraakard, on 28 July 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

Nice to see the game is working out for you......

You still play after 7 years, so it seems to work out for you as well...

FizzleMcSnizzle #16 Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29281 battles
Tbf, the Bulldog has tapped into the classic communist zeitgeist. In the same way that Pol Pot took a dislike to anyone who wore glasses, WG should confiscate the OP tanks of anyone whose win rate is over (hang on a mo...) 54%.

Bulldog_Drummond #17 Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36552 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostRobbie_T, on 28 July 2020 - 03:26 AM, said:

Kids nowadays......

Actually, I'm pushing 60 and in a typical City job (the old joke goes that we are paid a lot more than we are worth but still not as much as we want) so no shortage of disposable income, but the last I spent on the game was buying some loot boxes at Christmas, and still have plenty of gold left over from that. I've bought premiums in the past but don't often do that now.  So I'm not really a money-maker for WG apart from periodically renewing my annual premium account when it goes on discount.  They will make more money from many new players than they will from old lags like me.

My point isn't so much a gameplay one, as a commercial one.  If I were WG I would be looking to make money from new players who haven't yet realised that spending money isn't all that useful.  It is some use, obviously, but you will still get killed in your shiny new stuff if you haven't worked out how to use it.  Basically I would argue that the points made in the forum by long-standing players (however sensible the points) are unlikely to be of any commercial interest to WG.

I saw this more blatantly in other games I used to play which I abandoned when they became too obviously PTW.  My clans were very good and we could win on skill.  The game operators hated us, and kept fixing things so that newbies could compete by spending money.

12:48 Added after 2 minute

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 28 July 2020 - 12:27 PM, said:

Tbf, the Bulldog has tapped into the classic communist zeitgeist. In the same way that Pol Pot took a dislike to anyone who wore glasses, WG should confiscate the OP tanks of anyone whose win rate is over (hang on a mo...) 54%.

A collective regime of peace and love will ensure that we all have nice things, Comrade Fizzle.

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 28 July 2020 - 01:52 PM.

ralesm1989 #18 Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:51 PM

Lieutenant

• 34012 battles

For me personally, bad players are so welcomed. Of course, I want them more in opposite team, but still, they are welcomed. Easy damage farm. If everybody knows what to do in battle, there would be much less damage to deal. :teethhappy:

EDIT: Sometimes I was feeding others also, I feed them even now, but much less. It is normal process of evolution in this game. Of course, some grow significantly over time, some really not so much, but hey... :B 

Edited by ralesm1989, 28 July 2020 - 01:55 PM.

splash_time #19 Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17511 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Not 100% accurate as they are adding the "try hard" campaigns for the good players? I mean, I don't see any reason why WG would actually care about how people play their game. As example, there's too many people that I've witnessed, they go to the corner of a map, and they sit there until the team either win or either lose, and many players do report them, but have we seen WG banning their accounts? I don't think so, as if every player is free to play as he wishes to? 

Also, don't forget that only old players are actually enjoying and playing WoT, these days kids just quit everything when they don't enjoy. :D 

Edited by splash_time, 28 July 2020 - 01:54 PM.

mpf1959 #20 Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38717 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Yes, the time it takes to educate a new players mind from "it's the tank", to realising that it's the player, is a lucrative one for WG, the longer it takes, the more they will make.

I am no use financially to WG any more, I have every premium tank I ever wanted, and have no interest in future ones, every tech tree tank apart from the Maus, and I have loads of equipment, around 2000 of each consumable, I also have close to 50 million credits and rising.

So as soon as my premium time runs out (which was a bulk year and loot boxes) I am free to play, and they won't make a penny out of me in spite of the huge amount of time I play on their server for. I am not a good player, but can kick the living shite out of new ones in my T70! :teethhappy:

Edited by mpf1959, 28 July 2020 - 01:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users