Jump to content


How often does this happen to you?: Aiming


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

UserZer00 #1 Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15079 battles
  • 1,307
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

The basic question: 

How often does this happen to you?

 

Scenario 1:

You're brawling with another tank, all throughout the reload you are aimed at a weak spot, with the little circle showing green.  The reload finishes and just as you are pushing the button to fire suddenly the angle changes, you hit a bump, etc and your shot bounces or goes wild?

 

Scenario 2:

You're in motion to avoid the enemy, while waiting for the reload you aim at an enemy (with a penetrating hit indicated). A few seconds before the reload you slow down to get your reticule to shrink a bit.  Again, just as you are able to fire, and push the button, you hit a bump, the angle changes, you get bumped,  a piece of an enemy tank interferes with the shot, etc?

 

I know this often used to be linked to me moving the mouse as I fired, but I've gotten that under control (mostly).

 

Guess I'll just have to start keeping track of the amount of times it happens vs the amount of times it doesn't, but for now it really feels like these "acts of RNGesus" happen more often than not.

 

And don't get me started on the number of times a fully static enemy suddenly decides to move just as my aiming circle is fully reduced and the shot is ready.

 

Yes, I know this happens to everyone, but I thought I'd share my pain and possibly hear of the horror stories of others.



azakow #2 Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:34 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 87769 battles
  • 5,380
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

It might all happen to me, but I do not care about that small red/green circle at all.

You shall rather learn about the weak spot and know them by heart, insttead of paying attention to a useless feature.

:honoring:


Edited by azakow, 28 July 2020 - 06:35 PM.


BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25920 battles
  • 13,989
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostUserZer00, on 28 July 2020 - 05:24 PM, said:

The basic question: 

How often does this happen to you?

 

Scenario 1:

You're brawling with another tank, all throughout the reload you are aimed at a weak spot, with the little circle showing green.  The reload finishes and just as you are pushing the button to fire suddenly the angle changes, you hit a bump, etc and your shot bounces or goes wild?

 

Scenario 2:

You're in motion to avoid the enemy, while waiting for the reload you aim at an enemy (with a penetrating hit indicated). A few seconds before the reload you slow down to get your reticule to shrink a bit.  Again, just as you are able to fire, and push the button, you hit a bump, the angle changes, you get bumped,  a piece of an enemy tank interferes with the shot, etc?

Yes, I know this happens to everyone, but I thought I'd share my pain and possibly hear of the horror stories of others.

What?....so WG are throwing rocks under your tracks when you go to shoot?:rolleyes:

Who knew that driving over rough terrain would cause problems when shooting.:ohmy:

Not sure if serious or just being funny.



UserZer00 #4 Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15079 battles
  • 1,307
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 28 July 2020 - 06:53 PM, said:

What?....so WG are throwing rocks under your tracks when you go to shoot?:rolleyes:

Who knew that driving over rough terrain would cause problems when shooting.:ohmy:

Not sure if serious or just being funny.

That's OK, that's how I live my life

(The not sure if serious or just being funny part, not the rocks)

18:34 Added after 3 minute

View Postazakow, on 28 July 2020 - 06:34 PM, said:

It might all happen to me, but I do not care about that small red/green circle at all.

You shall rather learn about the weak spot and know them by heart, insttead of paying attention to a useless feature.

:honoring:

1) Aim for weak spot

2) Confirm with little green circle that it actually is a weak spot (while waiting for reload)

3) Get foiled anyway because of terrain features, acts of god, etc during firing

 

(Not that I've memorized EVERY weak spot, but I do know the classics)

 

Something useless to one person may be very useful to another, everyone is different.


Edited by UserZer00, 28 July 2020 - 07:35 PM.


gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:04 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15315 battles
  • 4,650
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

Happens to me quite a lot. It feels a bit like tunnelvision, to focus on penning your shot and forget about the environment. 

 



UserZer00 #6 Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15079 battles
  • 1,307
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 28 July 2020 - 08:04 PM, said:

Happens to me quite a lot. It feels a bit like tunnelvision, to focus on penning your shot and forget about the environment. 

 

Tunnel vision is definitely a factor, that's for sure. Also adrenaline.



StronkiTonki #7 Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:14 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 36447 battles
  • 1,692
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
Murphy's law.

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25920 battles
  • 13,989
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostStronkiTonki, on 28 July 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

Murphy's law.

nah....Murphy's driving.



NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:42 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37330 battles
  • 5,590
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
I guess it's related to aiming, so...I seem to reload just a microsecond too late before an enemy's shot kills me. I could swear I clicked, too, but it's timed so (im)perfectly, my gun doesn't fire. Happens a lot. Probably input lag.

Robbie_T #10 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:27 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22997 battles
  • 1,576
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

View Postazakow, on 28 July 2020 - 06:34 PM, said:

It might all happen to me, but I do not care about that small red/green circle at all.

You shall rather learn about the weak spot and know them by heart, insttead of paying attention to a useless feature.

:honoring:

100% agree 

 

Also in some close brawl situations side to side brawl   bumping ect i dont  go in to aim mode and shoot from a above/side  view  of my tank.

Even if you miss his side theres a chance to track him

  and than drive to his back

   go in to aim mode and take a shot at his weakest point

(and most times they cant fire back because  most tanks cant aim to the ground when there turret is 180 degrees turned to the back. but to be sure i also turn my tank while going in to aim mode.

 

also if you are not that good in brawling and aiming  at the same time you can use auto aim and you focus on the driving and keeping your weakspots away

(off course manual works better but requires some skill and even the most experienced can F up in those situations.

 

Also training room can help a lot to train at it...

 

 



Echotun #11 Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:30 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24652 battles
  • 1,440
  • [FA-1] FA-1
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015
Also depends a bit on how big the green pen area is. You seldom hit exactly where you aim. Add to that external factors like terrain (for both shooter and target), lags, reduced pen over distance etc etc. 

Edited by Echotun, 29 July 2020 - 05:31 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users