Jump to content


Does this count as "cheating"?


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:11 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25084 battles
  • 1,711
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

http://wotreplays.eu...noid-vk_75_01_k

 

Scroll to the last few seconds

 

One TD diverts course to stop me having a chance at killing the last tank which I thought was odd at first, then I checked and low and behold, the other TD was his platoon mate



unhappy__bunny #2 Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:19 AM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 21658 battles
  • 4,621
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012
You could report him for unsportsmanlike conduct. 

Mike_Mckay #3 Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:23 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25084 battles
  • 1,711
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 29 July 2020 - 03:19 AM, said:

You could report him for unsportsmanlike conduct. 

Would that kind of behaviour be classed as that though?

 

Thats kind of what I was curious about as I havent seen any definition of what WG classes as unsportsmanlike behaviour



LethalWalou #4 Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:25 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36290 battles
  • 3,780
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

*
POPULAR

View PostMike_Mckay, on 29 July 2020 - 02:11 AM, said:

http://wotreplays.eu...noid-vk_75_01_k

 

Scroll to the last few seconds

 

One TD diverts course to stop me having a chance at killing the last tank which I thought was odd at first, then I checked and low and behold, the other TD was his platoon mate

 

Are you seriously complaining about something like this when you just told everyone openly that you go suicide in battles if you don't like the match up...? You see this as unsportsmanlike conduct but not your own behaviour. :facepalm:



NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:40 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 37593 battles
  • 6,562
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostLethalWalou, on 29 July 2020 - 05:25 AM, said:

 

Are you seriously complaining about something like this when you just told everyone openly that you go suicide in battles if you don't like the match up...? You see this as unsportsmanlike conduct but not your own behaviour. :facepalm:

 

Self awareness is almost as uncommon as common sense it seems.



TomatoShooter #6 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1136 battles
  • 637
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014
They wanted a BIA medal which I can understand perfectly well, since they have appear to carried the game. You also could have looked at the scores before the final kill and type in chat: "Good job platoon 1, take the kill for BIA, you earned it!"

DaniulSims #7 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:18 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11477 battles
  • 1,227
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014
How come you didnt purposefully suicide scout this time around?

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:22 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37367 battles
  • 5,616
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 29 July 2020 - 04:19 AM, said:

You could report him for unsportsmanlike conduct. 

 

Yeah, if you're an absolutely miserable excuse for a human being.

 

They did it to get BiA. Looking at their score, they deserve it. Nearly 10k damage between the two. That's half of what the whole team did.

 

Can't stay mad at them, can't blame them. Let 'em have it.



fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:54 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 64177 battles
  • 2,815
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
I remember teamkilling a guy with my ISU-152, to get the required kill myself. Wasn't the nicest move I've made.

trispect #10 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:28 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 37012 battles
  • 2,224
  • [F2PAY] F2PAY
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011
Maybe instead say: "Thanks for carrying us to a victory"?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:42 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 37593 battles
  • 6,562
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostMike_Mckay, on 29 July 2020 - 04:23 AM, said:

Thats kind of what I was curious about as I havent seen any definition of what WG classes as unsportsmanlike behaviour

 

Suicide scouting when you don't like the MM would fall under that definition just a FYI.



jabster #12 Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12856 battles
  • 28,358
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostMike_Mckay, on 29 July 2020 - 02:11 AM, said:

http://wotreplays.eu...noid-vk_75_01_k

 

Scroll to the last few seconds

 

One TD diverts course to stop me having a chance at killing the last tank which I thought was odd at first, then I checked and low and behold, the other TD was his platoon mate


Possibly but I’d say suiciding because you don’t like the team line-ups is definitely worse.



Robbie_T #13 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:21 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23010 battles
  • 1,583
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

Yeah its always funny you and or your platoon carry's the game for 90%

And when there some low hp targets left.....than all of a sudden they find there W key and dont know how fast they must move to kill steal .

 



LCpl_Jones #14 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14874 battles
  • 1,510
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017
:teethhappy: and an equal measure of :facepalm: some people :rolleyes:

BlackBloodBandit #15 Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11254 battles
  • 1,054
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostMike_Mckay, on 29 July 2020 - 04:23 AM, said:

Thats kind of what I was curious about as I havent seen any definition of what WG classes as unsportsmanlike behaviour

WG doesn't even specify it in the EULA or the additional rules. It's wat THEY consider as unsportive.. pretty subjective..

 

"4.08. Any conduct that is considered by Wargaming staff as disruptive to the gaming experience of others can be sanctioned in accordance to rule 1.04. This conduct includes and is not limited to: malicious and/or intentional in-game harassment, intentional exploitation of in-game mechanics or any action that intentionally goes against or abuses the game design. The application of game restrictions will always be done to protect a positive and fun gaming environment and will be applied after careful investigation and internal deliberation."



UserZer00 #16 Posted 30 July 2020 - 02:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15079 battles
  • 1,316
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostRobbie_T, on 29 July 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

Yeah its always funny you and or your platoon carry's the game for 90%

And when there some low hp targets left.....than all of a sudden they find there W key and dont know how fast they must move to kill steal .

 

Kill stealing does not exist in WOT.

 

Still, I agree thst it is bad form to.do nothing all game and only contribute when most of the work has been done by others.



Sircapalot #17 Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:38 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 43443 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

If OP is suiciding because he didn't like MM he probably had it coming to him.

You can't tell the outcome of a game before it's played, but if you start with someone suiciding the chances of winning get even worse.

 

On subject, had a Skorp last week that messed up my shot on the last remaining enemy tank by bumping in to me. (Better player than me, but did not so great this match)

I sent a PM afterwards whether I should report him/her for doing this,first wanted to see the reaction I'd get.

I got one, something with crybaby and so in it, so I decided to report. Got an answer within 45 minutes or so, the usual stuff about looking into it and thanking me. :sceptic:

Can't be sure it worked, but the account wasn't played for the next 1 to 2 days where it used to be played almost daily.

I'd like to think the reporting worked.

 

 



Mikanoid #18 Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7758 battles
  • 359
  • [COBRA] COBRA
  • Member since:
    11-05-2018

View PostTomatoShooter, on 29 July 2020 - 08:09 AM, said:

They wanted a BIA medal which I can understand perfectly well, since they have appear to carried the game. You also could have looked at the scores before the final kill and type in chat: "Good job platoon 1, take the kill for BIA, you earned it!"

Similarly THEY could have asked

I have many times not tried for the last few tanks because someone has been on 5 or 7 kills and ASKED if they could  have the last one

Same with capping, some people NEED to cap for missions, and as capping seems much rarer now people often ASK for the cap to continue rather than the game ending with all tanks being killed, or because you have slow heavies trundling around the map chasing a fast light tank or E25 risking a potential loss or draw if they continue

So HAD they asked I wouldnt have cared, the fact they chose to actively obstruct instead is where I took issue

As for "carrying" has the town area been lost they were both in fixed gun TDs and would have been facing mobile turreted tanks, what they actually did was just kill people on an open killing field, and whilst successfull wasnt a "carry" by any stretch and I wouldnt have fancied their chances if the tanks on the other side of the map hadnt won there too

16:59 Added after 5 minute

View PostSircapalot, on 30 July 2020 - 05:38 PM, said:

If OP is suiciding because he didn't like MM he probably had it coming to him.

You can't tell the outcome of a game before it's played, but if you start with someone suiciding the chances of winning get even worse.

 

On subject, had a Skorp last week that messed up my shot on the last remaining enemy tank by bumping in to me. (Better player than me, but did not so great this match)

I sent a PM afterwards whether I should report him/her for doing this,first wanted to see the reaction I'd get.

I got one, something with crybaby and so in it, so I decided to report. Got an answer within 45 minutes or so, the usual stuff about looking into it and thanking me. :sceptic:

Can't be sure it worked, but the account wasn't played for the next 1 to 2 days where it used to be played almost daily.

I'd like to think the reporting worked.

 

 

Yeah actually you can with an almost 100% success rate with certain types of games before they even start

And in those instances especially where its a guaranteed win you leave more damage on the table for everyone else, so its good rather than detrimental to their game as they get the damage and kills you WOULD have got if you hadnt shared out amongst them

same with games where for instance youre in an AT15, AT7 and its 12-0 to your team, there is LITERALLY no point carrying on with the game as you wont even see another tank for the last few minutes anyway and wont shoot anything else, so those minutes are quite literally a complete waste of time



malachi6 #19 Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:42 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 51526 battles
  • 4,727
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostMikanoid, on 30 July 2020 - 05:54 PM, said:

Yeah actually you can with an almost 100% success rate with certain types of games before they even start

 

 

What value is "almost"?  How did you determine that your assertion is true?  Can you provide your process for your predictions?  How do you factor the success of your predictions taking into account your team is playing 1 player short (Almost 10%).

 

Given your behaviour has established people can do pretty much what they want while playing.  Why would you even raise this issue?  Have you heard of Rawls law also known as the veil of ignorance?  Strikes me you want your cake and to eat it.


Edited by malachi6, 30 July 2020 - 07:21 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users