So... Why Not Just Refund All Equipment?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

StronkiTonki #1 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36482 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Lately there's been a lot of talk about the upcoming Equipment 2.0, and how WG is supposed to give players demount kits as compensation.

Why can't everyone (Who chooses to) just get a credit refund for all equipment, so that people can just re-equip their vehicles with the new selections of equipment?

I've got over 200 tanks equipped with equipment, which will potentially add up to a decent amount of gold just to demount most of it. Even with all the demount kits in the world that WG might provide, I will never be able to afford buying new equipment for every tank, since selling equipment will only give me half the credits back that I originally spent. Which means that if I would sell all my equipment to buy new ones, I would probably only be able to equip half of my tanks.

And yes, I do understand that new equipment for lower tiers is getting cheaper, but I still spent the credits to buy the current expensive pieces of equipment, so I am still losing out on a ton of credits for having invested in equipment in the past...

So how about it? Am I going to get my equipment refunded, or do I get screwed over for being an active loyal player again?

Edit: Thanks for the replies! Some of them made me realise that getting a full refund would not be the most balanced decisions, because players would be able to make a profit from this.

After reading through the replies and giving it some thoughts, I think a better solution would be for WG to announce a planned equipment discount after the patch.

Giving players a few days to sell their unwanted equipment, and then buy new ones on discount after a few days.

But this would still mean having to send all equipment to the depot, or actually giving people enough demount kits to actually demount all the possible equipment that a player might want. This means over 600 demount kits in my place. I will obviously use less than that, but I definitely want to have enough to demount anything that I will want to replace.

I'd even be fine if the demount kits would disappear after the discount weekend.

Edited by StronkiTonki, 29 July 2020 - 09:49 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 64177 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
You will get screwed over. Your suggestion makes sense and WG isn't like that. Bow they can milk you more :)

Draakard #3 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23876 battles

StronkiTonki #4 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36482 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 29 July 2020 - 07:45 PM, said:

You will get screwed over. Your suggestion makes sense and WG isn't like that. Bow they can milk you more :)

Yeah, I expected nothing else than WG not following common sense.

So typical that the more loyal a player is, the more that player has to pay for everything.

Pretty much any newer player that has like 2 or 3 tanks with equipment will really not have any problems here.

But of course I have to pay for spending years of playing the game, equipping over 200 tanks.

I remember a black market thing as well, where WG sold the SU-76i or something like that, a rare OP premium tank, and because I owned some kind of random chinese TD, I was unable to buy it, because I happened to try and collect every single tank in the game. /smh

Draakard #5 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23876 battles

I have the SU-76i, but only played a few games in it. Its a good tank, but you will get bored pretty fast.

Unfortunately everything between Tier 1 - Tier 5 (or 6) is pretty much pointless to play now.... and I guess it will get even worse after the next patch....

StronkiTonki #6 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36482 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View PostDraakard, on 29 July 2020 - 07:53 PM, said:

I have the SU-76i, but only played a few games in it. Its a good tank, but you will get bored pretty fast.

Unfortunately everything between Tier 1 - Tier 5 (or 6) is pretty much pointless to play now.... and I guess it will get even worse after the next patch....

Well I don't really care that it's OP or anything. I just like to collect rare tanks.

I've got plenty of choices when it comes to playing OP tanks anyway, and I agree, that stuff gets boring fast.

But it's just the fact that loyal players keep getting screwed over.

Apparently me having bought like over 100 premium tanks isn't enough loyalty to even compensate me for having to swap equipment on all of those tanks.

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15336 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Just keep the equipment on the tanks as you have right now. The new stuff is not that usefull and you'll do just fine with old setup. From lower tier tanks excess equipment just goes to the depot. Simples

splash_time #8 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17511 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I think WG would demount them for free, i read that somewhere on one of their news article if i'm not mistaken, but i could be wrong. Anyway, If they won't demount them for free, then most of players will just start complaining about how much credits and gold they'll need to actually re-equip their tanks. And maybe not, so, just wait untill the 4th of August and everything will be clarified. :)

Edited by splash_time, 29 July 2020 - 09:07 PM.

Japualtah #9 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35617 battles
There is little reason to change the equipment on most tanks.

Uh_Oh_ #10 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4912 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I think the only sensible solution here is to sell all your tanks and delete your account then spread marmalade all over your naked body and run round your local town screaming Sandwich 

StronkiTonki #11 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36482 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 29 July 2020 - 07:59 PM, said:

Just keep the equipment on the tanks as you have right now. The new stuff is not that usefull and you'll do just fine with old setup. From lower tier tanks excess equipment just goes to the depot. Simples

I really hope that's the case.

I'm definitely not planning to replace all 3 slots of all 200+ tanks.

But there's definitely gonna be plenty of tanks that I will end up replacing one or two slots with, depending on playstyle. Mostly TD's I think.

View Postsplash_time, on 29 July 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

I think WG would demount them for free, i read that somewhere on one of their news article if i'm not mistaken, but i could be wrong. Anyway, If they won't demount them for free, then most of players will just start complaining about how much credits and gold they'll need to actually re-equip their tanks. And maybe not, so, just wait untill the 4th of August and everything will be clarified. :)

If the damage will be bad enough, I'll probably make a new topic. Then again, I think many others will probably do the same.

Definitely just feeling anxious, and I just don't get why something as simple as this couldn't have been done.

It would have been such a smooth transition for everyone, but of course WG have to make everything complicated.

Gremlin182 #12 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65369 battles

Refund on equipment  just how do you suppose they do that.

Full price credit refund 50% credit refund or what.

Its true a full price refund lets us buy alternative full price equipment.

Wouldn't argue too much if they did that and it would be a huge benefit to me.

I would be getting full credit price for the equipment on 308 tanks so over 1000 pieces.

Plan would be to re equip maybe 10 tanks I like playing  and then wait for a 50% off sale to do the rest.

I could probably make 250 million credits after buying back all my old equipment.

I will not turn down 250 million credits but am happy if they just remove the equipment to the depot.

24doom24 #13 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9607 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
My equipment is already in permanent setups. It would be a pain in the [edited]to have to re-equip every tank. I don't get what all the fuss is about, is everyone here really demounting all 3 equipment from all their tanks regularly?:facepalm:

MeetriX #14 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 27786 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostStronkiTonki, on 29 July 2020 - 10:42 PM, said:

since selling equipment will only give me half the credits back that I originally spent. Which means that if I would sell all my equipment to buy new ones,

Buy when equipments are -50%.

StronkiTonki #15 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36482 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View PostGremlin182, on 29 July 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

Refund on equipment  just how do you suppose they do that.

Full price credit refund 50% credit refund or what.

Its true a full price refund lets us buy alternative full price equipment.

Wouldn't argue too much if they did that and it would be a huge benefit to me.

I would be getting full credit price for the equipment on 308 tanks so over 1000 pieces.

Plan would be to re equip maybe 10 tanks I like playing  and then wait for a 50% off sale to do the rest.

I could probably make 250 million credits after buying back all my old equipment.

I will not turn down 250 million credits but am happy if they just remove the equipment to the depot.

I would assume a full credit refund.

I guess it does make sense that players could potentially get a lot of credits from it if they would wait for a discount.

They could probably just not add any equipment discounts in the game for a year or so to try and mitigate this.

But then again, it's WG's choice to introduce new equipment, so I'm still gonna lose out on a ton of credits attempting to re-equip a large sum of tanks. Mostly TD's.

View PostMeetriX, on 29 July 2020 - 08:20 PM, said:

Buy when equipments are -50%.

I guess that could be an option as well.

If WG would demount all equipment and send everything to the depot, and then promise a planned equipment discount in the next weekend or so, that could work out too.

Edited by StronkiTonki, 29 July 2020 - 09:22 PM.

Spammable_Lecter #16 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48677 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG

220 fully equipped tanks out of 224 at he moment , now if i had OCD or some other mental issue and i had to  re-equip all of those there would be a meltdown followed by a rather large psychiatric + Happy Pill bill.

Myself i'm just too lazy to even bother changing them.

Jumping_Turtle #17 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 75915 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
I am not changing my equipment on any of my tanks till I know what they have planned for the crew changes. dont want to go through 330 tanks and have to do that all over again and wasting plenty of credits when the crewchanges make some equipment useless or others even better.

Whisky_Tango #18 Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12521 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-
150 full equiped tanks and im scared xD what will happend when the patch hits live servers :( 

frange #19 Posted 30 July 2020 - 12:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33743 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

Agre, have "only" 124 tanks in my garage but basically all of them is full equiped.... Just prepare for another huge dissapointment when WG once again try to "fix" things that aint broken... Instead of the really broken stuff like balance, matchmakning, maps, physics, broken prem tanks, RNG and so on.

Aaaand how nice I just spent 3 million credits upgrading my red binos on the m41 90... so just have 600k credits left for now :(

Edited by frange, 30 July 2020 - 10:00 AM.

FizzleMcSnizzle #20 Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29281 battles
I would be grateful if someone could post on patch day an idiot's guide as to what we are supposed to do to make our tanks as meta as possible. I've no interest in being an innovator; I just want to have something that kicks as much *** as possible.
Give it a week and there will effectively be only one sensible choice of equipment for any given tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users