• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26646 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Hello,

Personaly I think to make spall liners a genuine decent choice they should negate arty stun entirely,that will make them much more useable and also make sense to what they were like in real life.  

Edited by saxsan4, 30 July 2020 - 05:54 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 30 July 2020 - 05:59 PM

Bartender

• 19840 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Even if they completely negated stun, they wouldn't be worthwhile on most tanks and then you're just kinda buffing something like the Maus/Type 5 Where it is somewhat viable. And, all arty jokes aside, isn't part of artillery's role to slowly whittle away the big juggernaut? Course, that's not really what actually happens in gameplay, but y'know.

saxsan4 #3 Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26646 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 30 July 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

Even if they completely negated stun, they wouldn't be worthwhile on most tanks and then you're just kinda buffing something like the Maus/Type 5 Where it is somewhat viable. And, all arty jokes aside, isn't part of artillery's role to slowly whittle away the big juggernaut? Course, that's not really what actually happens in gameplay, but y'know.

yes that is artys role which is why they need some sort of counter. i cant even play type 4 becasue you are stunned the whole game, which makes you too slow to even turn the tank, even in wows boats have AA guns so you cancounter the aircraftcarriers

undutchable80 #4 Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:10 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 15551 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsaxsan4, on 30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM, said:

yes that is artys role which is why they need some sort of counter. i cant even play type 4 becasue you are stunned the whole game, which makes you too slow to even turn the tank, even in wows boats have AA guns so you cancounter the aircraftcarriers

At least your 14 other teammates can play the game without needing to camp since you are the focus by arty. :great:

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 31 July 2020 - 10:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65202 battles

From how I understand a spal liner what they do is in the name.

Some shell types did not penetrate the armour but rather caused the inside surface of the tank to flake off and bounce around inside the crew compartment.

Spal liners protected crew stored ammo and inner modules from damage.

Modern armour is multi layered so I don't think spaling happens in modern battle tanks making the HESH shells and even HEAT much less effective.

Stun is more from the concussive effects of a very large HE shell bouncing the crew around, I proposed something like it years ago.

Bit like shell shock the fatigue from being endlessly pounded by arty in the trenches.

For reducing stun how about a medical equivalent of the toolbox a permanent reusable super medkit that reduces the duration of stun by a passive effect. can be used as a med kit.

If you combined that with a crew perk a first aid or  doctor skill that reduces it further.

Now you have the complete defense against Arty a combination of crew skill equipment and consumables.

Would anyone use them all probably not but if someone did take a heavily armoured tank.

Have a Spal liner Doctors kit toolbox plus large med kit large repair kit.

They would self repair quickly and could almost ignore SPGs HE HESH and HEAT or at least reduce the damage by a lot.

Great for some missions

Infryndiira #6 Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24515 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

The Spall Liners are* getting buffed in 1.10. Specifically, their HE and crew protection effects increase to 50%, and all characteristics get increased if used in a survivability slot. Still, even right now, the primary reason you'd probably want to use them is crew protection, but their usefulness will decrease in the next patch since a lot better survivability equipment is getting introduced.

* That is, except Super-Heavy Spall Liners. They only receive the survivability slot improvement.

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36476 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

I have always find it amusing that the posters who tell me that spall liners are useless are usually the same players who complain about arty and derps and turn out to take 3 or 4 times as much HE damage as I do.

I think there is a decent case for using them on certain tanks

Galaxy_class #8 Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13013 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 30 July 2020 - 05:54 PM, said:

Hello,

Personaly I think to make spall liners a genuine decent choice they should negate arty stun entirely,that will make them much more useable and also make sense to what they were like in real life.  

There was an additional piece of equipment in the first iteration of Equipment 2.0 that did what you describe. They had Improved Tank Helmets that had -40% to stun duration, -50% to negative stun affect and -30% to additional stun duration but I guess no-one used it so it was removed.

saxsan4 #9 Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26646 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 31 July 2020 - 01:23 PM, said:

I have always find it amusing that the posters who tell me that spall liners are useless are usually the same players who complain about arty and derps and turn out to take 3 or 4 times as much HE damage as I do.

I think there is a decent case for using them on certain tanks

I use spall liners on a select few tanks, their best benefit is against derp guns

GodTank2 #10 Posted 31 July 2020 - 03:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11549 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
They would be very good if they completely removed stun, i would for sure use them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users