Update 1.10 Bond Changes Feedback & Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

StronkiTonki #1 Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36343 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Update 1.10 is getting changes to earning bonds (https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/reworked-bond-mechanics/) and I would like to give some feedback and ideas for possible changes in the future.

Firstly, I think the bond changes are generally a good idea.

-Earning bonds is more consistent.

-Weekly limit incentivises players to play a variety of tanks.

-Weekly limit also incentivises players to get more tier 10 tanks.

However, I am sad to see that you will no longer be able to earn bonds from epic medals on any lower tiers anymore.

I think getting a few bonds was always a nice little extra for earning medals.

This now puts more incentive to only play tier 10, which I think is not that great of an idea.

Now I understand that tier 10 should be the most profitable way to earn bonds, just like having a higher max limit with battle pass points for example, but I suggest doing the following:

-Return bonds for epic medals on all tiers. I think nobody will attempt to farm epic medals  for bonds. But it's just a nice little extra reward for getting those medals.

-Similair to battle pass, add smaller bond income and/or smaller weekly limits to lower tiers of max bonds earned. But make bond earning only available on lower tiers if the tech tree line is fully elite, because bonds are still considered endgame.

So for example: If I want to earn bonds in an IS-3, it will not be possible until the entire tank line leading to the IS-7 is fully elite.

I am suggesting this, because although I think that bonds are meant for endgame, I still think players shouldn't be forced to only play tier 10, because this game has a wonderful selection of tanks across all tiers.

This will also incentivise people to finish more trees, and give them an extra reason to go back to lower tier tanks that they enjoyed when going through a tec tree, while still requiring the effort to get all the way to tier 10 before being able to earn bonds.

When it comes to premium and reward vehicles, you could "assign" them to a certain tech tree as well. "Assigned" not as in being in the tech tree in literal form, but simply having that tree chosen to represent the playstyle of that vehicle.

So for example, a Skorpion G would be "assigned" to the Grille 15 line,

AMX 13 57 would be "assigned" to the AMX 13 105 line.

M60 would be "assigned" to the M48 Patton line. (Although it is already a tier 10, but maybe it could still be assigned to unlock bonuses for being a reward tank)

Char Futur 4 would be "assigned" to the BC 25T line.

etc etc

These premium and reward tanks will then also unlock the ability to earn bonds upon eliting that specified tech tree. Again, it will make sure that only people who have made their way to tier 10 are able to earn bonds.

Premium and reward vehicles could also benefit from bonuses like maybe having a higher weekly bond limit than their regular tier counterparts.

They could even offer a "x2 bonds" for first win of the day.

Plenty of ideas to make premium and reward tanks more valuable and attractive to buy and earn.

Again, all lower tier vehicles will obviously have lower limits and possibly lower bond income than tier 10 vehicles.

But it would at least give players some bonds for lower tiers as well, it will increase value of premium tanks, and make it more rewarding to play in reward tanks.

saxsan4 #2 Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26555 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

i think they should bring back the bond earnings for awards and add a new mcanic 

IF you are bottom tier in +2 mm , for exmape tier 5 in a game with tier 7s and you come top 5 on the team you should earn bonds for your stong preformance agaisnt the odds 

Mikanoid #3 Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7605 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

I am actually quite harsh on WG in a lot of areas but I do think the daily missions and premium missions were really good ideas to tempt players into playing more regularly and with bonds being a constant in one and quite regularly found in the other

So with this change too I think its a surprisingly good change considering its WG making it and was extremely surprised when I watched the video

So credit where its due, this looks like a good change as far as I'm concerned, maybe even roll it out to all tiers above tier 6 but with the numbers increasing until you reach tier 10 so maybe 1 bond for the top 5 in tier 6, 2 for top 5 in tier 7 and 1 for the next 5 then 3 for the top 3 in tier 8 and so on

Although the next change I would like to see in the same area would be 10 gold or 10 golds worth of silver to remove bond, bounty or improved equipment as the current requirements of 200 bonds or 10 gold only is just total [edited]and I suspect is the MAIN reason equipment is "underused" and NOT the lack of variety

I also agree with the OP that it makes no sense to remove the bonds from the epic medals

That kind of BS from WG just makes it look like everything good they do is vehemently opposed and begrudgingly introduced leading to some act of pure spite in retaliation for them feeling forced into doing it almost

Edited by Mikanoid, 30 July 2020 - 09:03 PM.

GalmTwo #4 Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9628 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Forcing people to play the already fundamentally flawed tier (10) is quite a step-back. First, they axed rewards for merit, and now medals that give bonds. And also, the cap for a 100 bonds per week, per tank. It will take me an eternity to even get some bonds, as I am a tremendously awful player.

kejmo #5 Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39858 battles
  • [GO-HA] GO-HA

So now, players without many tier 10s will have the fantastic opportunity to farm even 100 bonds per week. WOW. So a player with, lets say, 4 tier 10s will take just 7 years to farm enough bonds for some clan auction. 

An "Active" player farms 500+ bonds per day. With one tank. Now WG takes out the chance for players to play tanks they actually enjoy and force them to play all tier10s just to make some bonds. Great move. 

Idiotic change, but what else to expect from WG. 

Simpler and More Profitable!

Right. Earning 100 per week is more profitable than earning 500 per day. Soviet logic.

Earn More Bonds!

Please give the brilliant PR Manager who came up with this title a raise and a direct promotion.

Keep up the good work, always doin the right stuf for its playerbase <3

PauI #6 Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35268 battles
So they do one important step forward with the rework bond prize for tierX then in the now classic vodka style way of doing things they remove all traces of bonds for lower tiers and bonds for epic medals
More vodka commrades ! Balanced EBRs, Chiefs, 279s etc await you to battle for bonds

Edited by PauI, 30 July 2020 - 09:48 PM.

UserZer00 #7 Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15069 battles
I'm against the tier X bond only move, but I'm sure they'll still be ways to earn them at lower tiers via missions or events.

It not, then I really am against the move.

I'm not losing millions of credits just to grind bonds (but it's not like I grind them anyway)

BattleMetalChris #8 Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 11269 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I've got 2000 bonds over the past couple of months, just from the daily missions. They're not that hard to earn, even if you don't play Tier 10.

Spammable_Lecter #9 Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48492 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG

I hate / don't enjoy  Teir X so they can keep em .

I swear the DEV's are  either playing BINGO with random buffs / nerfs and idiotic randomness  written on the balls or eating way too many Fortune Cookies

vonadnan #10 Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30985 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Disabled comments for that news says it all.. 

Infryndiira #11 Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24461 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postkejmo, on 30 July 2020 - 10:44 PM, said:

Simpler and More Profitable!

Right. Earning 100 per week is more profitable than earning 500 per day. Soviet logic.

This depends on how you measure things. Strictly speaking, you are both right:

• A brilliant player can earn more bonds per day with the current system, but over a larger number of battles on average.
  • The per-battle profitability of bonds is going to skyrocket with the new system, as 2/3 of each team are absolutely guaranteed to earn bonds from the encounter.

Elleriel #12 Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35785 battles
  • [0ZAMI] 0ZAMI

This is just another WG manage to impose players to play tiers 10 as fast as possible =>so more red players who have less than 5 k battles, no knowledge about maps, game mechanics and tanks they are playing, so battle in tiers 10 will be worst than ever.

TY WG 

Mikanoid #13 Posted 30 July 2020 - 11:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7605 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

View PostElleriel, on 30 July 2020 - 11:01 PM, said:

This is just another WG manage to impose players to play tiers 10 as fast as possible =>so more red players who have less than 5 k battles, no knowledge about maps, game mechanics and tanks they are playing, so battle in tiers 10 will be worst than ever.

TY WG 

Define "worse"

Dont you enjoy having lots of easy to kill opponents in the game that you can farm HP from without much risk? Dont you enjoy your stream of easy wins from enemy teams made up almost entirely of red players that you can rip apart in 5-6 minutes?

ibrox3 #14 Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 73065 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

View Postvonadnan, on 30 July 2020 - 10:31 PM, said:

Disabled comments for that news says it all.. 

Welcome to the forum where we encourage players to give us feedback....

Until we get to an idea , like making EPIC medals absolutely worthless.

Why?

Because it messes with the WG corporate idea that every player must play Tier X and lose credits , therefore forcing the player to buy premium time or tanks except those tanks will not get bonds anymore.

Everything about WG has become so transparent , so driven towards making CA$H only and forgetting about gameplay.

Just How do you think you get a TierX tank?

Bu playing through all the Tiers....

But how can you play through the Tiers if everyone else is playing Tier X ?

The credit system was designed to have many players playing many Tiers. For each game you lost credits in tier X , you could play games in lower tiers to make up for it. That provided opponents at all tiers.

Corporate WG has forgotten this.

They have systematically destroyed the "game" that we once had - very successful it was too, in order to farm more CA$H from the player base.

Great but you drive us off the game by doing it.

Now finishing 10th in a crap 15:0 win at TierX will get you bonds but defeating 6 tanks single handed 2 Tiers above you whilst defending the base getting a  hi-cal top gun etc etc is worth nothing ?

Just shows those corporates do not actually PLAY the game.

Good play means nothing , achieving against the odds - which is where we derive some thrills - means nothing to them ....

The player base are just cows for milking...

NicoPudel04 #15 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3559 battles

The question is, do you still earn bonds in daily missions ?

Both F2P ones and Premium missions.

If not, i guess i won't be spending them.

04:57 Added after 2 minute

View PostInfryndiira, on 30 July 2020 - 10:38 PM, said:

This depends on how you measure things. Strictly speaking, you are both right:

• A brilliant player can earn more bonds per day with the current system, but over a larger number of battles on average.
  • The per-battle profitability of bonds is going to skyrocket with the new system, as 2/3 of each team are absolutely guaranteed to earn bonds from the encounter.

Which will both make bonds out of reach of the average dude, and cause an inflation in bonds for the premium dudes.

Wonderful. :(

Bordhaw #16 Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:12 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16526 battles

View PostStronkiTonki, on 30 July 2020 - 07:11 PM, said:

Update 1.10 Bond Changes Feedback & Suggestions

Flicka #17 Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23759 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Spent 0 bonds so far, will continue to spend 0 probably in the future.

Change is a bad one because it forces something, but I do not care. Too many things implemented especially with this patch that will ruin a decent chunk of gameplay on all levels, so this is just a drop in the bucket.

Jumping_Turtle #18 Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 75772 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Hmmm I have 56 tier 10 tanks. Easy 6k bonds a week together with the daily and premium missions. That is 300k bonds a year. So am looking forward to the clanwar auction with a lot of confidence now ;)

OneSock #19 Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44439 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostMikanoid, on 30 July 2020 - 09:00 PM, said:

So credit where its due, this looks like a good change as far as I'm concerned, 

No, it isn't and that should be abundantly clear to anyone who has played the ranked game mode.

The biggest problem with the ranked mode is the chevron system because it still really encourages selfish game play. 

In random battles currently, most good players know that your hitpoints are a currency you need to spend in order to win battles. You might take a few hits to get into a tactically advantageous position or as a HT you might push into an opponent and take some hits so your team can flanking shots etc. These sorts of moves win games, but they don't earn you XP. In randoms, if you have camped the red line and let your team crumble and you are the last man with all your HP, you basically failed.

In ranked however, 9 out of 10 times everyone is playing solo for XP, there is very little teamwork, people will literally just watch you die than support you, or red line camp to be the last man standing. And this is all because if they do lose, they want to be the one at the top of the sheet to pick up the chevron.

This bond system is basically the same flawed concept as the chevrons and they want to bring this to tier 10 randoms. OK tier 10 is toxic enough as it is, but this will just destroy any semblance of team play.

I would much prefer the current system of rewarding of epic medals. Bonds should not be a new currency, they should be a reward for exceptional gameplay.

Edited by OneSock, 02 August 2020 - 10:48 AM.

Maauru #20 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25332 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 31 July 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

Hmmm I have 56 tier 10 tanks. Easy 6k bonds a week together with the daily and premium missions. That is 300k bonds a year. So am looking forward to the clanwar auction with a lot of confidence now ;)

I have 48 and 2 more I still didn't purchase.

But I don't play enough games per week to max all of them and earn ton of bonds :(

Though, it does give me potential to farm lot of bonds, just need to put time into it.

Edited by Maauru, 02 August 2020 - 05:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users