Jump to content


Banned players getting unbanned soon...what's your reaction?

10th anniversary

  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Banned players getting unbanned (114 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

How will you respond to WG's decision to unban banned players?

  1. I will permanently ban myself i.e. delete my account. (7 votes [6.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 6.14%

  2. I will not spend another penny on this game. (15 votes [13.16%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.16%

  3. I will uninstall, maybe return to the game after WG regains some sense (4 votes [3.51%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.51%

  4. I won't do anything, but I think this decision is absurd (46 votes [40.35%])

    Percentage of vote: 40.35%

  5. I am not bothered by this in the slightest, I simply could not care less (42 votes [36.84%])

    Percentage of vote: 36.84%

Vote Hide poll

NekoPuffer_PPP #1 Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:42 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37293 battles
  • 5,548
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

It's happening. Hide yo' wife, hide yo' kids, cuz' they unbannin' e'rybody out here. (well, kinda, but not quite) https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/amnesty-for-banned-players/

 

Toxic players are gonna get unbanned. Teamkillers, racists, xenophobes...you know, the lot. Cheaters/hackers are staying banned though.

 

With this sudden influx of sewage material coming soon to WoT, how will you respond to this?... Answer in the poll, and have a nice day.

 

#WalletPermabanned



BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:55 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25894 battles
  • 13,956
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

Who knows...maybe some of them have grown up since their ban.

It's not such a big deal....they only have one more chance, if they abuse it they're gone.

BTW...your poll is loaded and so pointless as a result, but I'm sure you know that.



NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:02 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37293 battles
  • 5,548
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 31 July 2020 - 12:55 AM, said:

Who knows...maybe some of them have grown up since their ban.

It's not such a big deal....they only have one more chance, if they abuse it they're gone.

BTW...your poll is loaded and so pointless as a result, but I'm sure you know that.

 

I doubt it. If they did something deserving of a permaban, they had their chance to grow up back then, and blew it. You don't get permabanned immediately for being toxic.

 

The poll is kinda meme-ish for the most part but you do get "normal" choices in the last two options at least. :teethhappy:



ONE77ZERO13 #4 Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:28 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11811 battles
  • 340
  • Member since:
    12-05-2016
Doubt i'll notice a difference, i play with my chat disabled >.>

NewForces2142 #5 Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:31 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 19443 battles
  • 57
  • [TDARO] TDARO
  • Member since:
    02-07-2011
Is it that hard to disable the chat? Even more reason with the new communication system that helps you more than writing in the chat. If you can't handle the toxicity just disable the chat. 

Balc0ra #6 Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:42 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77944 battles
  • 23,776
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Correct me if I'm wrong. But is this not the 2nd time they've done this? 

 

Tho as the list clearly did say, they don't do this for cheaters or idle farmer bans. Just TK bans or nick bans etc... And chat bans. So... It might liven up the chat again. TK won't get much out of it now. But I suspect getting report banned again that day might remove any chance of getting it again later... at all. But tbh, I suspect most won't notice much of a difference vs those already doing it each day going by most topics. Personally I hardly still see it. 


Edited by Balc0ra, 31 July 2020 - 01:42 AM.


Mikanoid #7 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:18 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7605 battles
  • 300
  • [COBRA] COBRA
  • Member since:
    11-05-2018

This is what  a company has to do when it spends most of  its time actively giving its customers the middle finger and driving them away to the extent where even during a lock down with the kids not being at school their active user numbers go down rather than up whilst most other companies are seeing the opposite

 

They have to unban banned players just to make the numbers up 

 

But chances are the ones banned for silly reasons will probably just give them the middle finger right back and carry on playing what they started  playing instead of WOT



splash_time #8 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:31 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17450 battles
  • 2,330
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018
No difference. If you stay in the shadows, no one is going to abuse you. :hiding:

StronkiTonki #9 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:40 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 36343 battles
  • 1,665
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
So... WG are so desperate for new players, that they decide to unban banned players? :trollface:

LethalWalou #10 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:04 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36188 battles
  • 3,737
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostStronkiTonki, on 31 July 2020 - 04:40 AM, said:

So... WG are so desperate for new players, that they decide to unban banned players? :trollface:

 

Someone thought they were clever and funny coming up with this and now people just keep repeating it thinking they are clever and funny... :facepalm:

 

How many of the accounts being pardoned do you think were banned from the game instead of the chat? Only 1 of the 5 categories straight up results in a permanent ban from the game but I don't for a moment think that the amount of people permanently banned for team killing is even noticeable. So the whole idea that this pardoning would bring any noticeable amount of people back is rather silly because extremely likely clear majority of them hadn't left the game over not being able to chat.



gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:07 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15271 battles
  • 4,618
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

Sudden influx of sewage material?

U really don't understand what you guys are bothered about. Most banned players will have moved on from WoT long ago, quite some probably just made a new account when banned. Even for the few interested, how will they get the news? Would WG really send out an email to banned players, normally I would say no but since their actions start to smell desperate more and more it just might happen...

Anyway my point is influx will be low and chances you are in battle with a previously banned person seems small. Even if you manage to, what is the worst that could happen? 

 

TL/DR: this won't affect the game at all.



wsatnutter #12 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:47 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27651 battles
  • 10,480
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME WG YOU DISGUST ME 

fwhaatpiraat #13 Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:31 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 64177 battles
  • 2,795
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
I don't know any player that is banned, nor do I know how many players are banned for these reasons. I think I won't notice any difference.

qpranger #14 Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:01 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 7,016
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
You know when there is a war and a country is losing it, they resort to desperate measures like drafting old men and children and also recruiting criminals from prison to fight in exchange for pardon. Yeah, that always works out well ... NOT.

Draakard #15 Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:04 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23856 battles
  • 214
  • Member since:
    07-29-2013


Lt_Pfaffenbach #16 Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:10 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25435 battles
  • 73
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015

disclaimer: i've read whole article, i know who is getting unbanned, who's not.

 

now to the point: WG again shows no respect to normal players, who try to enjoy the game aligning to the rules, doesn't matter actually if they pay occassionally any money to WG or not, and for what kind of stuff. WG keeps applying rules that fit only them as company - the player base shrinks, "lets unban the horde who previously showed middle finger to others (so deserved perma ban - it's rather hard to get banned by WG, they had to do something serious) and pump up temporally the online statistics. and you know, maybe they will even spend money on us! we're so thrilled about that!". 

 

WG you constantly ignore the real problems of your game (maybe gameS, cause i don't play any other one from your portfolio after what i've seen here), you picked up easy goals of "development" and - most funny part - you push yourselves into even bigger problems when implementing these 'ideas', cause 90% of time you fook them up. good luck with that - i hope you have wallpapers in your office like this:

 

 

you are at 'milky cow' position right now - don't bully the poor animal for too long, go for 'kiil it' if necessary.



gunslingerXXX #17 Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:17 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15271 battles
  • 4,618
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostLt_Pfaffenbach, on 31 July 2020 - 08:10 AM, said:

disclaimer: i've read whole article, i know who is getting unbanned, who's not.

 

now to the point: WG again shows no respect to normal players, who try to enjoy the game aligning to the rules, doesn't matter actually if they pay occassionally any money to WG or not, and for what kind of stuff. WG keeps applying rules that fit only them as company - the player base shrinks, "lets unban the horde who previously showed middle finger to others (so deserved perma ban - it's rather hard to get banned by WG, they had to do something serious) and pump up temporally the online statistics. and you know, maybe they will even spend money on us! we're so thrilled about that!". 

 

WG you constantly ignore the real problems of your game (maybe gameS, cause i don't play any other one from your portfolio after what i've seen here), you picked up easy goals of "development" and - most funny part - you push yourselves into even bigger problems when implementing these 'ideas', cause 90% of time you fook them up. good luck with that - i hope you have wallpapers in your office like this:

 

 

you are at 'milky cow' position right now - don't bully the poor animal for too long, go for 'kiil it' if necessary.

Cows are better for steak than milk anyway.



BR33K1_PAWAH #18 Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:21 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8462 battles
  • 2,132
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 31 July 2020 - 02:42 AM, said:

With this sudden influx of sewage material coming soon to WoT, how will you respond to this?... Answer in the poll, and have a nice day.

 

I'm getting on my bathing suit ^_^



qpranger #19 Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 7,016
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 31 July 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

 

I'm getting on my bathing suit ^_^

 



kejmo #20 Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:39 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39914 battles
  • 1,029
  • [GO-HA] GO-HA
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011

Edited by kejmo, 31 July 2020 - 08:42 AM.






Also tagged with 10th anniversary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users