Equipment 2.0 Is Here!

• Please log in to reply
1134 replies to this topic

Galaxy_class #121 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13230 battles

View PostGodTank2, on 31 July 2020 - 04:36 PM, said:

Their announcement page and youtube video say otherwise. It would be a real shame if it was miscommunicated at such a big level.

I think they are only talking about things that are no longer compatible with the tank that will be moved to the depot as they say it in the same sentence. Unfortunately WG make a lot of these mistakes and there were typos in the Equipment 2.0 stats they had on their news articles for every iteration of the test servers.

I'm pretty sure only incompatible equipment, Bond/Bounty equipment, and previously free to demount equipment, (camo net, binocs toolbox), are being sent to the depot free of charge. Maybe a friendly War Gaming representative could clarify? :)

Skrub_Lord #122 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28972 battles

View Postsokolicc, on 31 July 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

Why the hell you need to BUFF purple equipment?!
This was chance to fix mistake you made by introducing purple equipment, and now you're making even more differences.

Non CW and non-ranked players (many of them out there don't want to be part of that crapfest) will have 1% boost on ONE specific part of equipment while ranked and cw players will be able to have 3 pieces of equipment, with additional boost.
Where the f is sense in that?

You just wait a couple of years and these MFs will be introducing "gold" equipment, vastly superior to purple. the game is going down the toilet for a couple of years now.

Jumping_Turtle #123 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 75985 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostDwigt, on 31 July 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

As for your suggestion Jumping Turtle, It's very unlikely that it will happen but it's worth forwarding to the devs. 

I really fail to see how anyone can decide against that. Wargaming knowingly advertised the bounty equipment to be ugraded to the same level. Players spend real money to get them and spend a lot of credits upgrading them. Fine if Wargaming wants to change it, but you can not do that without at least give some kind of compensation to the players who already upgraded them to be on par with the level Wargaming promised and advertised.

I dont think anyone can understand this change knowing what was advertised. This isnt the first time Wargaming came back on a promise they made and it cant continue to do that. How am I ever going to trust what you say, write or advertise in the future ?

WotPizza #124 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42298 battles
  • [P1XEL] P1XEL

REALLY THE WORST UPDATE EVER!

SO first you lie to the whole playerbase and rip us off with 6500 gold and plus the 3. mill we use to upgrade equipment! 

REFUND us all who wasted gold and the credits to upgrade this bounty equipment because the only reason we upgraded it was so we could be competitive with the improved equipment unicum users! It gave a fair fighting chance to us against them! BUT no WG makes this PAY To win by taking that advantage from us.

You have to refund us everything. 

And personally I will never buy any more overpriced equipment (Yes it is heavily overpriced) for tanks that I already grinded the equipment for once. If they go they go and I will play them without. My team will suffer because of that but it is not my problem its ultimately just WG making sure to make us players with over 100 tanks very very angry. 

Why on earth should we have to do missions to grind to keep equipment in our tanks? Can you see any sense in that senseless reasoning of yours or are you just too keen on never listening to your actual playerbase. 
This forum has been FULL STOP on about this equipment 2.0 and no one from wargaming has had anything sensible to say to us either or promised recompensation for the thousands of gold and millions of credits wasted. YOU have to get them to the same level as the improved equipment because that is what you promised and ensured too. So you lie as a company to your players and feel good about it, well you know what, we remember and we are going to vote with our feet!

Vanilla tanks from now on without equipment. Can have more sips of coffee then in artillery right as I will sure not waste 600 k credits on all artillerys I have, that's 2 premium arties, leffie and the british tier3, and im grinding all lines .. Soooo not reducing that reload time at all since WG takes that off me making me a worse arty in my team. But I should not stress because of it, its wargaming making sure ONLY the super unicums with the super unicum equipment stays still competitive in the game.. only the guys with a lot of improved equipment will prevail right. Well I am having none of it. 

I have bought a lot of premiums and now I will only grind the free marathons and free stuff. When my premium wot time goes it goes. 

WALLETCLOSED even on xmas. 

grasho #125 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93154 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View Postdomnulrazvan, on 31 July 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

Why you don't send all the equipment to the depot ? Why we should pay to demount equipment ? This sux. Players don't want to spend gold/credits for nothing.

Also ... the changes are nice... the old system was 2 static. All tanks have almost the same equipment ... more or less. Good job . Don't know why many people are hating on those changes.

The problem (for me) is not the Equip changes, it’s the 20m-30m silver loss I will have from having equipment that will no longer be used.

WG are using Equip 2.0 as a Trojan horse to devalue our current game investment in the hope of forcing us to give them more money.

Temid23 #126 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61165 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

I will just drop what i wrote in other news:

"

Hello

You will give me option to sell for full price or move my current eq for FREE (no gold no demount kits). I didn't ask for this changes to happen. I will have to reequip 400+ tanks coz you want to make some changes to game for god know what reason...

You make the changes i didn't agree for then make it free for me to sort out my garage."

Learn from WOWS team when they mess up with skills or eq they give players free reset or free demount window.

ageens #127 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16979 battles
  • [LVGD] LVGD

View Postgrasho, on 31 July 2020 - 04:40 PM, said:

You’re just embarrassing yourself now.

We only need to earn them because WG decided we needed to earn them.

I will spend ~3m silver and get 190 demounting kits for free. (well that would cost 1.9k gold otherwise)

I will got to work and at the end of month - will get money for free. Such a freedom world!

View Postsokolicc, on 31 July 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

Why the hell you need to BUFF purple equipment?!
This was chance to fix mistake you made by introducing purple equipment, and now you're making even more differences.

Non CW and non-ranked players (many of them out there don't want to be part of that crapfest) will have 1% boost on ONE specific part of equipment while ranked and cw players will be able to have 3 pieces of equipment, with additional boost.
Where the f is sense in that?

emm, I have only couple battles in one of the CW, but still managed to save 16k. I am not even playing this game regularly.

UniverseInMyHand #128 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47837 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

View PostDwigt, on 31 July 2020 - 04:28 PM, said:

View PostGalaxy_class, on 31 July 2020 - 02:57 PM, said:

So you can buy demounting kits for credits now? I guess that's something, although I still feel there were better choices WG could have made in this area.

You can earn some for free or by doing some missions.

Some equipment will be automatically converted or demounted and sent to your depot.

Check out this article to understand what will happen to your equipment and maybe you can save yourself some credits and kits :)

View PostFalcon4win, on 31 July 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

@Dwigt can you confirm that Modified Configuration will have bonus like Bond Equipment?

Yes the Improved Toobox will be converted into modified configuration and will have its bonus.

https://gyazo.com/6104f582475547dfa3eccc11b3c7b97f

View PostPlug, on 31 July 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

Really..........in game surveys? When ? How can you say it was tested well when you go on to the test servers and there's only around 3-4000 players on it and nearly all of them are playing tier 10 and spamming nothing but gold and it was only up for a few weeks at most. Something this big should have had at least a few months. Don't know why you have a public test section on the forum, its obviously dosn't get read. 

Both sandbox testing rounds were available for everyone to join and test the new changes and were followed by a very detailed survey sent to the participants.
We do listen and forward the feedback from the forums to our devs but once again, we have different regions and sources for our feedback. 

So tell me why not demount all equipment on all the tanks that a player has in garage for free.

And send all to depot.

Or give them sufficient number of demount kits ?

And you can convert current bounty equipment to improved since you said that it will be the same after spending a lot of gold and credits.

Why is WG with every update punishing his players ?

Edited by UniverseInMyHand, 31 July 2020 - 04:55 PM.

Unicorn_of_Steel #129 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21512 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

View Postdomnulrazvan, on 31 July 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

Why you don't send all the equipment to the depot ? Why we should pay to demount equipment ? This sux. Players don't want to spend gold/credits for nothing.

Also ... the changes are nice... the old system was 2 static. All tanks have almost the same equipment ... more or less. Good job . Don't know why many people are hating on those changes.

You've about answered your own question in your first alinea. 

domnulrazvan #130 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30176 battles

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 31 July 2020 - 04:51 PM, said:

You've about answered your own question in your first alinea. 

yeah .. i said that. It's wrong to force players to pay ...

But the changes are nice. They just need to sent all equip in depo

Puszka_Drynia #131 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20579 battles

View Postgrasho, on 31 July 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

The problem (for me) is not the Equip changes, it’s the 20m-30m silver loss I will have from having equipment that will no longer be used.

WG are using Equip 2.0 as a Trojan horse to devalue our current game investment in the hope of forcing us to give them more money.

They did the same in Blitz. I read that players lost equipment and got back only 25% of what it was worth before the change. WG is ripping us off and they will pay for it - we will not pay them. And after crew 2.0 heads will roll in WG when their profits go down. Fully deserved.

Edited by Puszka_Drynia, 31 July 2020 - 04:56 PM.

Elefantas #132 Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 61226 battles

View PostDwigt, on 31 July 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Yes the Improved Toobox will be converted into modified configuration and will have its bonus.

https://gyazo.com/6104f582475547dfa3eccc11b3c7b97f

And how exactly and when we gonna do missions that need to set enemy on fire when this thing gives - 65% to the chance of engine fire ?

And - 150% fuel tank fire also

Edited by Elefantas, 31 July 2020 - 04:58 PM.

FrantisekBascovansky #133 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45809 battles

I will keep an eye on this charts after this mess

Puszka_Drynia #134 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20579 battles

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 31 July 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

I will keep an eye on this charts after this mess

Going down very nicely, even in lockdown. Good luck WG, you'll need it. A dying company.

_GRUNT_ #135 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43421 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

I cant believe they actually went through with this. 

1. I feel like I have been robbed over the Battle pass and bounty equipment 18M credits I have spent upgrading (plus actually money to buy gold for BOTH seasons)  just for nothing.
  2. You fooking put the equipment back on my 200+ tanks you Tw@s
  3. I don't believe for one min that more people were positive about this

This is almost as bad as the time some idiot thought putting decals on tanks to give the crew perks was a good idea

Edited by _GRUNT_, 31 July 2020 - 05:05 PM.

Dwigt #136 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 1626 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGalaxy_class, on 31 July 2020 - 03:38 PM, said:

@Dwigt - Do you know if War Gaming are planning on releasing Bond and Bounty versions of the new equipment at some point in the future, (i.e. Turbochargers, Aim Unit etc)? It could be interesting to get hold of this stuff. :)

As far as I remember we announced improved versions of these new equipment. There should one for almost all the equipment.

View Postgrasho, on 31 July 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

You’re just embarrassing yourself now.

We only need to earn them because WG decided we needed to earn them.

If you read the rest of my reply then maybe not. 
I'm saying that you can earn some, buy more if you need, and if there are some tanks that you don't play much often, the equipment will be demounted and sent to the depot for free :)

MIG_flyer #137 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28020 battles

View PostDwigt, on 31 July 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

We have different sources for feedback and regions testing these changes. The forums might reflect a general opinion but it's not the only one. 

We decided to increase the Improved bonus since this kind of equipment is a bit harder to earn, to upgrade and to demount and we wanted it to be a bit more rewarding.

It's suppose to say "Equipment on Tier I-III (tanks) will be demouted for free...

This is all so wrong and sad.
And here is only a very small part as response to Dwigt.

1. Different, secret or at the very least nontransparent, sources of feedback - which are of a deciding and other opinion the the ONE public place for feedback accessible to the ordinary player/customer.
    So only the opinion of "the selected" counts, not the average player. But if you do not think that it is the ordinary player that the business of the game is based on, then why care?

2. Confirmed that Bond Equipment is harder to earn and that you will give it another 1% advantage. We all know that bond equipment is harder to earn btw, and we also know that it unbalances the game in favor of the good players that can earn the bonds - thus the average or even straight out bad player that would struggle in a balanced game is now having a yet even more hard time. Why do you want that?
    Example: Who would like to play a game as the (outdated) Iraqi Republican Guard against the (high tech and thus much stronger) Allied coalition where you are destined to lose before you even start?
    If such a GAME is not balanced it would not be fun.
    But you ask all your bad or average players, like me, to do just that.
    What does that make me, in your eyes?

3. Equipment is NOT demounted on tanks from tier IV and up, but we have to get demounting kits. Thus confirmed that players with many tanks either needs a lot of credits or need to pay the gold in order to adjust the equipment - which is the communicated point with the change.
    In other words you claim to give the players something, but you make us pay a very high price no mater if we want it or not - and even make it harder to wait and save up for it because of the time limited offer.
    This is really hard to grasp. One would think that a business would want to attract customers, not disgust us.

And finally, who on earth wanted to pay for demounting Binos, Cammo nets and Toolboxes?

In my case I have many tanks that I can use my few binos on - but now I have to buy more than 20 Binos at 600000 credits each, or stop playing many tanks/TDs entirely if I do not want to pay the 10 gold penalty for demounting. That is a huge disadvantage (and I do not have the credits at all).

Why do you think this is an advantage for players? Do you think it will attract more players or attract old players that have stopped playing? Hint: I don't think so.

How is this an advantage even for Wargaming at all?

Bonus info:

I played yesterday and logged into the game today again to play and have fun - but after reading the news about Equipment 2.0 my mood and feel about this game is very much closer to the end of the scale that reads Depressed than it is to the end that reads Exited.
I'm not playing today and don't care if my premium time runs out - actually I kind of wish it already had run out.

mirothedevil #138 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39696 battles
  • [M_A_N] M_A_N

Equipment 2.0 is a complete failure in every aspect!

Puszka_Drynia #139 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20579 battles

View PostDwigt, on 31 July 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

As far as I remember we announced improved versions of these new equipment. There should one for almost all the equipment.

If you read the rest of my reply then maybe not. 
I'm saying that you can earn some, buy more if you need, and if there are some tanks that you don't play much often, the equipment will be demounted and sent to the depot for free :)

You should really take off that smirking face at the end of your comment. It's disgusting.  

mpf1959 #140 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38784 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostSael_, on 31 July 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

It is, It was corrected.

Actually the majority of players are in favor of the changes. We have tested several iterations for quite a long time now, we have collected a ton of player feedback, not just on the forum, but also on other platforms and, most importantly, through in-game surveys - I can assure you that we are following up on what players want.

So they wanted the end of the free demounts to telescopes, camo nets and toolboxes? If true, prove it from the ton of data. I cant believe anyone wanted that! 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users