Equipment 2.0 Is Here!

• Please log in to reply
1083 replies to this topic

Puszka_Drynia #141 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20576 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

So they wanted the end of the free demounts to telescopes, camo nets and toolboxes? If true, prove it from the ton of data. I cant believe anyone wanted that! 

He won't. He's gone to the toilet to throw up. No normal person can work for WG and not vomit every hour or not having a shower to get rid of feaces WG produces daily.

yodelihiti #142 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 75096 battles
  • [LEHR] LEHR
What an incredible mess.

_GRUNT_ #143 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43387 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View Postgrasho, on 31 July 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

I like the idea of this.  I’m going to programme a spare mouse button to display a boycott message I can spam at the start of each match.

”4 August - Stop playing for the day.  Equipment 2.0 stealing your silver and gold.“ sounds about right.

View PostSkrub_Lord, on 31 July 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

That is also a good Ideea. I'll also start spreading the message in team chat.

GL dude!

I'm going join in this too. I'm also going to suggest that our clan does it. I'm also going to message the good few hundred ex clan members on my friends list.

neutrophil #144 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16071 battles
The mobility slot for medium tanks is really weird. No way putting anything except Optics + 2x Firepower will ever be worth considering on a medium tank!

Gruff_ #145 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26509 battles
:facepalm:

Sturmi_0545 #146 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45014 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB
don't forget to make yourself by voting on the YT video as well

grasho #147 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93126 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostDwigt, on 31 July 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

If you read the rest of my reply then maybe not. 

I'm saying that you can earn some, buy more if you need, and if there are some tanks that you don't play much often, the equipment will be demounted and sent to the depot for free :)

At which point, I will either not use the equipment (thus not benefiting from the hundreds of millions of silver I’ve earned and used) or (if I want to re-equip my tanks) sell that demounted equipment (losing hundreds of millions) before having to spend hundreds of millions on new equipment of the correct class.

May I suggest you avoid thinking and just stick to shovelling bull-plop?

Choco_T #148 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8920 battles
  • [TRTL] TRTL

The changes to simplify gameplay at low tiers will help reduce the huge learning curve for the diminishing numbers of new players coming into the game - though does little to stop seal clubbers.

Sadly most of the remaining changes look like the beginning of the end to me. Nobody has millions of credits to spend on each tank in their garages to make up for the charge being implemented to demount standard equipment: So logically many players will either end up playing the same tanks over and over that they have equipment for - and simply get bored of the whole thing. Or they'll play without equipment and get their arses handed even more frequently in future due to being at a disadvantage until they simply quit. It's pay to win on another level and ultimately any games demise.

_GRUNT_ #149 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43387 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View Postneutrophil, on 31 July 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

The mobility slot for medium tanks is really weird. No way putting anything except Optics + 2x Firepower will ever be worth considering on a medium tank!

I'm also wondering if certain crew skills would need a tweak due to different equipment and how are the changes going to effect the tanks parameters and play (especially premium tanks)

More money on gold going to WarThief  soon but not from this pocket, cnuts  

Nova321 #150 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16909 battles

View PostZoggo_, on 31 July 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

This just feels too rushed, not enough testing done. 

Rammer and vents still rule, meta will be the same.

New UI is utter garbage, how difficult is it to make a streamlined efficient UI? This also applies to the mess that is in the mission tab.

Improved and bounty not the same anymore.

Camo net and binos not demountable for free anymore.

Compensation in demounting kits not enough for veteran players with hundreds of tanks.

Dumbing down lower tiers even further. This has nothing to do with helping new players, it is because WG make no money out of f2p players hanging around in lower tiers.

All this will do is increase dpm and vision in this game, neither of which are needed. Seems WG are trying their best to get turbo games down to under 3 minutes.

All was needed was just a few tweaks to useless equipment, not this gabage. Another nail in the coffin of a once great game.

You said it! WG needs more money apparently and so everyone who wants to play this game now needs Premium account just to be able to buy and change equipment! They need to realise what a stupid idea this was and compensate the players. I was looking forward to playing some new tanks but now I don't want to at all. Well done WG.

starwarser007 #151 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15245 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX
Well, this will probably be the end of playing wot for me. It has been a nice few years, but to have so much changed will be not worth my time anymore and so I will quit playing world of tanks sadly. I don't understand why they had to change equipments, it was pretty straightforward and all tanks had statistics that were based on the possibilities of those equipments. Now what? Are they gonna repatch the tanks because some became too overpowered due to this equipment?

beercritch #152 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46662 battles

well - i guess im not the only one looking tat the responses here.

This will bankrupt me in game. Simple as that. I have 182 tanks and almost all of them have equipment mounted as I would currently like, and they are going to compensate me with 30 demount kits? enough for 10 tanks?

Then I have to get all new kit - wheres the money coming from for that?

The simple fact is this (if you are listening WG) IF I cant afford to re-equip the tanks I use most (and I feel I am being very generous here in considering maybe my 20 most used tanks) then I am off. Simple as that

There are plenty of other games out there

BodyGuardOfLies #153 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 106701 battles

View PostYaccay, on 31 July 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

Players will get free demount kits - according to number of tierVI+ tanks - but a maximum of 30.

What? What about playe5rs with more than 30 tanks? So WG actually punishes the players who invested more time and more money and devoted to the game?

Well done!

This is a second Rubicon

I have 185 tanks between tier 6 - 10 all of them fully equipped with 3 bits of equipment each and you are going to give me 30 demount kits enough to sort out 10 of them? 

See if you can guess how much goodwill I feel for your company now Wargaming. 

evilchaosmonkey #154 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19081 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostDwigt, on 31 July 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Both sandbox testing rounds were available for everyone to join and test the new changes and were followed by a very detailed survey sent to the participants.

We do listen and forward the feedback from the forums to our devs but once again, we have different regions and sources for our feedback. 

LOL LOL LOL.  So to participate in providing feedback you had to download a 15 GB file and install on your machine to the tune of 50 GB or so.

How many out of the server population bothered with that?  What percentage was that exactly about 0.0000000001% or the like.

WG staff clearly taking lesson from Trump.  "Many many people have said that injecting bleach is the cure for EBR missed shots"........

F_U_R_Y_666 #155 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11234 battles
Well it looks like i can spend time on other games if this goes ahead.

gunslingerXXX #156 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15336 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostSael_, on 31 July 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

It is, It was corrected.

Actually the majority of players are in favor of the changes. We have tested several iterations for quite a long time now, we have collected a ton of player feedback, not just on the forum, but also on other platforms and, most importantly, through in-game surveys - I can assure you that we are following up on what players want.

LOOK SEAL, I FOUND A POSITIVE COMMENT! (well at least somewhat positive).

Bottom of page 6 (six!) And only one so far. I guess you want to use it for data evaluation so I've taken the time to find it for you. 

Probably a good help since everybody just Very conviniently, left for the weekend! 

View Postdomnulrazvan, on 31 July 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

Why you don't send all the equipment to the depot ? Why we should pay to demount equipment ? This sux. Players don't want to spend gold/credits for nothing.

Also ... the changes are nice... the old system was 2 static. All tanks have almost the same equipment ... more or less. Good job . Don't know why many people are hating on those changes.

On a personal note, I'm dissapointed by the greed. If you had just implemented it a bit more generous there would be a lot less complaining. 

I'm glad I didn't spend any money on the game since 2016...

BodyGuardOfLies #157 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 106701 battles

View Postbeercritch, on 31 July 2020 - 04:38 PM, said:

well - i guess im not the only one looking tat the responses here.

This will bankrupt me in game. Simple as that. I have 182 tanks and almost all of them have equipment mounted as I would currently like, and they are going to compensate me with 30 demount kits? enough for 10 tanks?

Then I have to get all new kit - wheres the money coming from for that?

The simple fact is this (if you are listening WG) IF I cant afford to re-equip the tanks I use most (and I feel I am being very generous here in considering maybe my 20 most used tanks) then I am off. Simple as that

There are plenty of other games out there

You and me both. I am sick of wargaming treating players that have supported the game since the beginning like crap. It will soon be time for me to join the 40 or more players in my friend list that don't play this game anymore.

You want churn wargaming you are going to get it. You keep making the game noob friendly and soon all you will have is noobs. All the players that have run premium accounts for years bought premium tanks and supported you will be gone.

PhantomDivision #158 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44944 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

This forum never changes, no wonder I haven't used it for years. I didn't really plan to post now, but I thought I'd add some balance here since everybody seems certain NOBODY asked for these changes and EVERYBODY hates it.

I welcome these changes and I don't understand why they haven't done anything about it sooner. There are over 10 different equipments in the game and most of them are pretty much useless. You have couple of must haves and a couple of situational ones, the rest might as well not even exist. At the current state, you could pretty much give every crew member +5%, decrease reload -10% and delete the whole equipment functionality from the game - the outcome would be pretty much the same as it is right now. (I know I know, there are also scouts and some other edge cases)

Are all of the new equipments well thought out and perfectly balanced? Probably not.

Is the transition handled well? Not really. I don't understand why they don't just remove and refund all of the standard equipments and let us rebuy whatever we want. Seems like an obvious way to hande it.

But in general I think this makes the game more interesting. I hope crew 2.0 does something similar.

yodelihiti #159 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 75096 battles
  • [LEHR] LEHR

View Poststarwarser007, on 31 July 2020 - 04:36 PM, said:

Well, this will probably be the end of playing wot for me. It has been a nice few years, but to have so much changed will be not worth my time anymore and so I will quit playing world of tanks sadly. I don't understand why they had to change equipments, it was pretty straightforward and all tanks had statistics that were based on the possibilities of those equipments. Now what? Are they gonna repatch the tanks because some became too overpowered due to this equipment?

Same for me. Crew 2.0 probably kills their game off completely.

If I start my client:

- chat is not working halve the time - BUG

- clanchat is blinking - BUG

- compare tanks says "8", you clear them. Restart. "8" active again - BUG

That is the WoT experience 2020. These bugs are there for at least a month now. WoT 2020: A bug riddled greedy game.

Edited by yodelihiti, 31 July 2020 - 05:49 PM.

grasho #160 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93126 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 31 July 2020 - 04:42 PM, said:

LOOK SEAL, I FOUND A POSITIVE COMMENT! (well at least somewhat positive).

Bottom of page 6 (six!) And only one so far. I guess you want to use it for data evaluation so I've taken the time to find it for you. 

Thus proving that 100% of forums are posting positive comments about Equip 2.0.

What is the difference between a computer and WG’s community team?

You only have to punch information into a computer once...

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users