Equipment 2.0 Is Here!

• Please log in to reply
1011 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #161 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15315 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Guys I'm out of likes now but I'll be back tomorrow!

FrantisekBascovansky #162 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45656 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 31 July 2020 - 05:42 PM, said:

LOOK SEAL, I FOUND A POSITIVE COMMENT! (well at least somewhat positive).

Bottom of page 6 (six!) And only one so far. I guess you want to use it for data evaluation so I've taken the time to find it for you. 

Probably a good help since everybody just Very conviniently, left for the weekend!

even Simona2k doesn't show up

grasho #163 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93112 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostPhantomDivision, on 31 July 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

This forum never changes, no wonder I haven't used it for years. I didn't really plan to post now, but I thought I'd add some balance here since everybody seems certain NOBODY asked for these changes and EVERYBODY hates it.

I welcome these changes and I don't understand why they haven't done anything about it sooner. There are over 10 different equipments in the game and most of them are pretty much useless. You have couple of must haves and a couple of situational ones, the rest might as well not even exist. At the current state, you could pretty much give every crew member +5%, decrease reload -10% and delete the whole equipment functionality from the game - the outcome would be pretty much the same as it is right now. (I know I know, there are also scouts and some other edge cases)

Are all of the new equipments well thought out and perfectly balanced? Probably not.

Is the transition handled well? Not really. I don't understand why they don't just remove and refund all of the standard equipments and let us rebuy whatever we want. Seems like an obvious way to hande it.

But in general I think this makes the game more interesting. I hope crew 2.0 does something similar.

If you look at the comments, the problem isn’t the equipment; it’s the losses and lies.

WG could have avoided this crud-storm by simply refunding the cost of changed / demounted equipment.  But they got greedy.

Puszka_Drynia #164 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20560 battles
WG is simply too arrogant, too greedy, too afraid of 'losing face' and too stupid to behave decently.

Misago #165 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21255 battles

Yeah, this is a scummy and greedy decision. Equipment is way down on the list of things players wanted improved, and now WE have to pay so wargaming can try to make their game looks good.

Do the full refund. Players invested time and money to grind up equipment, so the least WG could do is validate that.

The game needs players around to be fun, so people are providing a valuable service with their presence. Stop acting like EA.

mechbott #166 Posted 31 July 2020 - 05:56 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 52778 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
congrats on making it to 10 years WG. although this equipment 2.0 is the death of WoT as we all know it. Random battle should be renamed "even more random battle", player game and map knowledge gets the boot. RNG on pen and damage now has RNG spotting, where bush cover no longer works and you can be spotted for 17secs.

zmijoguz #167 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33538 battles
  • [TRUT_] TRUT_

Look WG, let me be straight forward with you. If you plan to go through with this gold milking scheme that is Equipment 2.0, you are in for a bigger surprise than you've presented us with.

I have 160 tier VI+ tanks. Here is a shocker for you. I have no intention of spending gold on demounting Eq2.0 - in fact, what I will demount is your game from my PC.

I spent quite a bit of money on your game, but this is just pure greed.

I was actually looking forward to new Eq2,0 (even though I think some of the scouting equipment is broken).

Taking into account all the credits purchases, mission and you "generous" donations a player could gather 130-140 demount kits. So for me to change all remaining equipment will cost about 3000 gold (~12 euros). But I WON'T give it to you like this. This is freaking extortion - and I refuse to be your target. 

You are missing the opportunity to inspire your players to play around with different equipment pieces. That's what these free and mission prize demounting kits should have been about.

Anyway, when I log into my account when 1.10 arrives and I don't see all the equipment demounted, we will part our ways until some brain is forced back into your thick skull.

Ricox #168 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:05 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1879 battles
  • [-D2S-] -D2S-

I am completely disappointed in Wargaming. Not automatically demounting all equipment after such a major rework and forcing players to pay or play to get what they're entitled to ... that's just ludicrious. This proves that this business has grown too large, this has gone to the heads of those at the top and they're not deserving of any respect anymore given their treatment of the more loyal players who have hundreds of tanks in their garage.

View PostGodTank2, on 31 July 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

Tier I-III Refers to the equipment class and not the tank class

No, it doesn't. The new equipment is split into classes, not tiers. Think you need to work on your reading comprehension and stop attacking players who can actually read. They're not demounting any equipment mounted on tanks tier 4 or higher. And even if you ignore the entire rest of the article and the terminology used, the fact you can't notice that the next sentence speaks of vehicle tiers is mind-boggling (which directly confirms the previous sentence referencing vehicle tiers as well, as this is how English works).

Edited by Ricox, 31 July 2020 - 06:07 PM.

mpf1959 #169 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38685 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Postzmijoguz, on 31 July 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

Look WG, let me be straight forward with you. If you plan to go through with this gold milking scheme that is Equipment 2.0, you are in for a bigger surprise than you've presented us with.

I have 160 tier VI+ tanks. Here is a shocker for you. I have no intention of spending gold on demounting Eq2.0 - in fact, what I will demount is your game from my PC.

I spent quite a bit of money on your game, but this is just pure greed.

I was actually looking forward to new Eq2,0 (even though I think some of the scouting equipment is broken).

Taking into account all the credits purchases, mission and you "generous" donations a player could gather 130-140 demount kits. So for me to change all remaining equipment will cost about 3000 gold (~12 euros). But I WON'T give it to you like this. This is freaking extortion - and I refuse to be your target. 

You are missing the opportunity to inspire your players to play around with different equipment pieces. That's what these free and mission prize demounting kits should have been about.

Anyway, when I log into my account when 1.10 arrives and I don't see all the equipment demounted, we will part our ways until some brain is forced back into your thick skull.

Like. Ran out of them! 

ivobonev #170 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4291 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

Most of these changes are very bad and not wanted:

- Improved Equipment getting even stronger, increasing the difference between experienced and newer played. This should have been a chance to fix this problem and close the difference with the equipment slots changes, not make it WORST.

- Camo, Binos and Repair not being removable is terrible for newer players, that don't have the credits to buy equipment for every tank.

I can only assume that the goal is to make the game as worst as possible for new players?

- I play mostly T8-10 medium tanks now. All of those will not be able to use the Gun Rammer I have currently mounted on them? That is beyond stupid. Are you trying to piss of people? I need to sell those Gun Rammers and buy the more expensive new Gun Rammers on all my tanks?

- Demounting, a lot of people will not get enough Demounting kits to demount the equipment they need to demount on their tanks. 30 Kits is just way too low and I don't see why there is a limit?

With these changes the only conclusion I can make is that WG wants people to drive new players away, push old players to leave the game and make sure people spend less money on the game. If that is the goal, good job. I won't be spending money any time soon.

terminator_hr #171 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40655 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

Wargaming, does your staff even play your own game?
Because whoever thinks this is improving the game is a complete noob and sucks at the game.
Also it buffs the bond equpiment.
My questions are

1. why are camo nets and binoculars not freely removable anymore

2. why is arty aiming being buffed
3. why is new equipment completely cancelling out the nerfs on cars and actually buffing the Progetto 46 and EBR 75

I am pretty sure nobody asked for any of that

I am surprised that moving equipment between slots does not cost anything.... That will at some point be regarded as a bug and will cost gold I am 1000000000000% sure.

In short, my equipment stays as is and I am not buying 20 camo nets and 20 binoculars since I won't be able to switch them around freely.
Out of 174 tanks I got, that leaves 20-30 that will remain playable.... Great variety "improvement"

Edited by terminator_hr, 31 July 2020 - 06:12 PM.

RedoubtableSpirit #172 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7748 battles
  • [CHIRO] CHIRO

View PostSael_, on 31 July 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

It is, It was corrected.

Actually the majority of players are in favor of the changes. We have tested several iterations for quite a long time now, we have collected a ton of player feedback, not just on the forum, but also on other platforms and, most importantly, through in-game surveys - I can assure you that we are following up on what players want.

Trolling again.

novusim #173 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11367 battles

WG: Players asked for this. Mostly positive.

Players: Literally no one.

Archon_Dark #174 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12677 battles
  • [_GR-] _GR-
Another useless patch witch does not help new players or does something for this unbalanced game,no money for you anymore and no fun for you!

Monsieur_T #175 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36124 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

And if "allot" of players were positive to the changes Im guessing they wanted some Diversity in the equipments BUT what was given is OP bond equipment getting buffed like WTF? wierd useless poorly executed Categories.

Oh and I almost forgot the massive bill for demounting equipment + That everyone that bought bounty equipment got scammed so hard they wont be able to stand for a week....

Boris_Kiril99 #176 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30195 battles
  • [BGFRC] BGFRC

View PostDwigt, on 31 July 2020 - 04:28 PM, said:

Both sandbox testing rounds were available for everyone to join and test the new changes and were followed by a very detailed survey sent to the participants.

We do listen and forward the feedback from the forums to our devs but once again, we have different regions and sources for our feedback. 

1. We all know that test/sandbox servers are pretty bad at doing their job.

2. Those ''detailed serveys'' are usually simple MCQs, that give no opportunity to signal about various issues.

It usually goes like this: ''Does X work? A-yes, B-no''. And thats it, onto the next specific question, given by WG. Imho they are quizing themselves in a way and always give themselves high grades.

3. As someone before me pointed out, the forum is the main place/page for opinions about the game, and while most of the time its used for whining, it should still prevail over the other feedback sources.

This is a poopy update and decision. And I think that Crew 2.0 will be poo as well.

Ricox #177 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:16 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1879 battles
  • [-D2S-] -D2S-

View PostSael_, on 31 July 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

Actually the majority of players are in favor of the changes. We have tested several iterations for quite a long time now, we have collected a ton of player feedback, not just on the forum, but also on other platforms and, most importantly, through in-game surveys - I can assure you that we are following up on what players want.

The players want you to screw them over by forcing them to play or pay to get the basic courtesy of demounting their equipment (and STILL not get enough for all of their tanks in plenty of cases)? What a load of [edited]. You can admit that this comes from corporate and get more respect than by spreading literal propaganda on these forums in the best traditions of Minsk.

RedoubtableSpirit #178 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7748 battles
  • [CHIRO] CHIRO

View Postterminator_hr, on 31 July 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

Wargaming, does your staff even play your own game?
Because whoever thinks this is improving the game is a complete noob and sucks at the game.
Also it buffs the bond equpiment.
My questions are

1. why are camo nets and binoculars not freely removable anymore

2. why is arty aiming being buffed
3. why is new equipment completely cancelling out the nerfs on cars and actually buffing the Progetto 46 and EBR 75

I am pretty sure nobody asked for any of that

I am surprised that moving equipment between slots does not cost anything.... That will at some point be regarded as a bug and will cost gold I am 1000000000000% sure.

In short, my equipment stays as is and I am not buying 20 camo nets and 20 binoculars since I won't be able to switch them around freely.
Out of 174 tanks I got, that leaves 20-30 that will remain playable.... Great variety "improvement"

They play press accounts or sheriff account equivalents with unlimited bonds, credits etc.

#scammers #walletbinned

Edited by RedoubtableSpirit, 31 July 2020 - 06:20 PM.

starwarser007 #179 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15227 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

View PostDwigt, on 31 July 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

As far as I remember we announced improved versions of these new equipment. There should one for almost all the equipment.

If you read the rest of my reply then maybe not. 
I'm saying that you can earn some, buy more if you need, and if there are some tanks that you don't play much often, the equipment will be demounted and sent to the depot for free :)

You are not trustworthy. You sound vague and so does wargaming. You just took a gamble and this will probably backfire so hard.

This is not okay. You put equipment ingame that will change statistics drastically and you expect that everything will be fine?

What about the tanks that suddenly get overpowered due to the new equipment?

You just changed the whole game and it's mechanics without warning to the community?

And you gave them 30 kits to test it out?

This is not only worst than Rubicon but will probably kill the game because people who still play this game and have 200+ tanks in their garage are going to have to learn again how to play with their tanks.

Also, I don't think many of us who have gone trough years of playing this game while getting better, are going to bother to take their valued time to learn the game from start again.

Thanks wargaming,but this will probably be the end for me.

Hanszel #180 Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:24 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 12339 battles
  • [NED-1] NED-1
If WG had positive feedback, why can't we find them here. Nobody wants this crap, only WG. They don't listen to the playerbase for years.

Up yours WG, for the equipment 2.0 and the new bonds system.

You have really messed up this one.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

fonios, daveirich, Unicorn_of_Steel, Roomar