Equipment 2.0 Is Here!

• Please log in to reply
1011 replies to this topic

IKerensky #401 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:15 AM

Major

• Player
  • 26330 battles
  • [TAILS] TAILS
1€ question: is Wargaming legally allowed to alter the number of equipment slots on the premiums tanks ? I was under the impression they can’t adjust anything on the premium buyed with actual money...

Gremlin182 #402 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65329 battles

View Postgrasho, on 01 August 2020 - 11:29 PM, said:

Never mind the quality, feel the width...*

I’m going to lose the use of equipment worth 50 million silver. I will then need to spend 60 million silver to get my tanks back to a fully equipped state.

But, hey, it’s all ok because I can change a few pixels.

Sorry Grem, but that’s a very weak argument.

Phrase used to persuade you that quantity is more important than quality. Originated from unscrupulous London backstreet tailors palming you off with cheap material instead of the good stuff for your suit.

Ok I know I confuse easily at times but how will the change do what you say.

Of course I don't know what tanks you have or what equipment you use but from what I can see equipment gets converted.

The tier 2 and 3 tanks get their equipment removed they have to do that because they will have fewer slots.

They suggest we remove toolboxes camo nets and binoculars before the update while we can do so for free.

There may be some cases I guess where we have equipment on a tank and its not going to be allowed in future, it can remain there and will function until the next patch at which point it will be removed by them.

I recon most of my tanks will work exactly as they do now.

If I have a Rammer Verticle Stabiliser and Vents say on a tier 8 medium tank after the update I still have them and they are converted to the new versions suitable for that tank.

Its true there will in future be multiple versions of say Optics and Gun Lay Drives and they will be rated for tier 2-4, 5-7 and 8-10.

So If we move up the tech tree and remove the the optics off a tier 4 tank they will not be suitable for a tier 5 but that's about it.

The big expense only seems to come if you choose to try out the new equipment, sticking with the old builds you already use now seems fine.

Not seeing a huge problem here.

I would prefer for my convenience that all equipment is removed for free to the depot, I think that is the fair thing for them to do.

Old equipment builds still work and do what they did before in fact they are a little better, if alternative builds prove superior then yes I will have to spend credits to remove equipment and buy new types and since I have over 300 tanks that could over time cost a fair bit.

But its just credits and if I get better builds I can live with it.

silviuspa #403 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7429 battles

Our Objectives

As all of the above aspects are closely interconnected, we’re conducting a comprehensive rework of the equipment system. Our top priorities are:

• Simplifying the choice and use of all equipment. = YOU WIL COMPLICATE IT!
  • Increasing diversity, including various modifications used by players. = THERE WILL NOT BE ANY DIVERSITY, MAY BE ONLY IN YOUR MINDS
  • Make equipment more affordable for low and medium tiers. = YOU KIDDING, NO? WHAT ABOUT UPER TIERS?

SO, WOT WANTS MORE MONEY? NOW, I THINK I WAS SPEND ENOUGH MONEY.

THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE: https://warthunder.com/

Jackarl #404 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43339 battles
I feel like a lot of people complain without actually trying. I like the new equipment 2.0, it allows different playstyles with a certain tank. But I agree with some of the critcism. The commander module (reduce enemy concealment) seems unnecessary

Jackarl #405 Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43339 battles

View Postsilviuspa, on 02 August 2020 - 12:44 AM, said:

Our Objectives

As all of the above aspects are closely interconnected, we’re conducting a comprehensive rework of the equipment system. Our top priorities are:

• Increasing diversity, including various modifications used by players. = THERE WILL NOT BE ANY DIVERSITY, MAY BE ONLY IN YOUR MINDS
  • Make equipment more affordable for low and medium tiers. = YOU KIDDING, NO? WHAT ABOUT UPER TIERS?

:facepalm: Because Gaijin doesn't want to make money too right? What an Einstein argument.

Edited by Jackarl, 02 August 2020 - 04:09 AM.

P33K #406 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28129 battles
  • [YOKE_] YOKE_
This seems to be mostly on positive side, although it will need some adjusting on tanks and some thinking beforehand on what equipment you should leave on the lower tiers before the patch.

Changes on camo net and binos seem rather unnecessary though.

Misago #407 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:30 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21255 battles

View Postsilviuspa, on 01 August 2020 - 11:44 PM, said:

Our Objectives

The only reason people are not already doing that is because gaijin is just as bad.

gunslingerXXX #408 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15315 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postzmijoguz, on 01 August 2020 - 11:11 PM, said:

I am browsing through Youtube looking for some video comments about this incoming Equipment fiasco and I see no big English youtubers commenting it. Could it be that the CC status has blunted their edge or perhaps they are resting on their laurels?

I also looked. Seems to me like they were told not to discuss it. 

Hawaii_22 #409 Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 39427 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 02 August 2020 - 12:19 AM, said:

If I have a Rammer Verticle Stabiliser and Vents say on a tier 8 medium tank after the update I still have them and they are converted to the new versions suitable for that tank.

No.

Example:
If a Tier X medium tank has a Medium-Caliber Tank Gun Rammer, it will receive a Gun Rammer Class 2.

You cannot mount the new Class-2-Rammer on your Tier VIII - X vehicle. That's the (main) reason for all the rage here.

You can mount the new Class-2-Rammer on Tier V - VII, you can sell it, or WG can stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Then you have to buy a Class-1-Rammer for your formerly very much working Tier VIII medium, for the low, low price of just 600.000 cr, to get it working again like it was before.

People don't like that. Who would've guessed?

3N3RGl #410 Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11250 battles
  • [TRUT_] TRUT_

These changes are so fail. When we took the surevey about if we want the changes with equipment we all voted yes, but they didnt ask us what and how.

It would have been fine if they just buffed some thats never used, remove the unusable/unbuffable and ad just a couple of balanced new ones.

If we knew what they had planned i bet we all would have voted NO.

Edited by 3N3RGl, 02 August 2020 - 07:58 AM.

Frongor #411 Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 517 battles

All tanks will have an option to buy great protection from arty.

Light tanks will have an ability to scout more effectively.

These 2 changes will be great. The nerf of arty is incoming.

Arty haters should be happy :).

Unicorn_of_Steel #412 Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21452 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
Can somebody explain to me what will happen to the equipment currently mounted on my tier 5 to 7 tanks? The article seems to suggest that this equipment might not be automatically converted to the right class for that specific tank. Is this correct or what?

tracksrs #413 Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34670 battles

In the immortal words of WOT   players

W.G.   go play   Barbie.

grasho #414 Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93112 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostGremlin182, on 01 August 2020 - 11:19 PM, said:

Ok I know I confuse easily at times but how will the change do what you say.

I have ~240 tanks.

When Update 1.10 goes live, the following existing equipment will be removed my low-tier tanks and moved to depot:

Gun Layer: 12 (value 6m silver)

Binoculars: 7 (value 3.5m)

Light Spall Liner: 15 (value 750k)

Toolbox: 11 (value 5.5m)

Optics: 3 (value1.5m)

Camo Nets: 17 (value 1.7m)

Medium Caliber Rammer: 2 (value 600k)

Total Value: 19.5m silver.

It is enough equipment to equip 30-40 low tier tanks.  I don’t want any more low tier tanks, so this equipment will be unused and will sit in the depot wasted.  This means I have spent 19.5 million on Equipment that will not be used (because of WG’s change).

If I include the higher tier “wrong class” equipment that WG will remove and send to depot “at the next update”, I am looking at (a conservative estimate) having equipment worth about 50 million silver removed, never to be used again.

At the same time, by removing the “wrong class” equipment, I will go from having ~240 fully equipped tanks to having about 120 fully equipped tanks.

As the tanks that will need re-equipping will be mid to high tier tanks, the overall cost of re-equipping then will be about 60m silver.

Equip 2.0 means being unable to use equipment worth 50m silver, whilst having to pay 60m silver to return my tanks to their existing state (fully equipped).

Wargaming have effectively removed 50m from me before charging me 60m to keep the status quo (~240 fully equipped tanks).

And you think a few new customisations will make me happy?  :facepalm:

Edited by grasho, 02 August 2020 - 08:43 AM.

Ludonjast #415 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 94548 battles
  • [H0S] H0S

I hope some WG representative will read my questions (not just my) and give proper answer. So I will keep repeating my questions until then.

I would like to know what will happen with high caliber rammer mounted at T-150? Will it become gun rammer class 2 or 3?
Do I need to dismount it before update?
Generally speaking "Equipment 2.0: All You Need to Know!" article provide me just a fragments of information needed....or it is just me...the idiot. Probably I'm not only one.

I really don't fully understand proces and it isn't first time.

Homer_J #416 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:11 AM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLudonjast, on 02 August 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

I hope some WG representative will read my questions (not just my) and give proper answer. So I will keep repeating my questions until then.

I would like to know what will happen with high caliber rammer mounted at T-150? Will it become gun rammer class 2 or 3?
Generally speaking "Equipment 2.0: All You Need to Know!" article provide me just a fragments of information needed....or it is just me...the idiot. Probably I'm not only one.

I really don't fully understand proces and it isn't first time.

You could just log onto the test server and see.

08:15 Added after 4 minute

View PostLudonjast, on 02 August 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

https://worldoftanks...2-0-conversion/

Large caliber rammers will become class 1 rammers.

If it is not compatible with the tank it will still be mounted and will still work until the following patch when it will be demounted for free, you will be able to sell it from your depot and purchase the correct class 2 rammer with the credits.

Edited by Homer_J, 02 August 2020 - 09:17 AM.

Gwynbleidd11 #417 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19368 battles
What will happen to mounted bounty equipment? Will it be automatically demounted?

Obsessive_Compulsive #418 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:24 AM

General

• Player
  • 29049 battles

View PostJackarl, on 02 August 2020 - 04:07 AM, said:

:facepalm: Because Gaijin doesn't want to make money too right? What an Einstein argument.

Einsteinian*:sceptic:

Unicorn_of_Steel #419 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21452 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

https://worldoftanks...2-0-conversion/

Large caliber rammers will become class 1 rammers.

If it is not compatible with the tank it will still be mounted and will still work until the following patch when it will be demounted for free, you will be able to sell it from your depot and purchase the correct class 2 rammer with the credits.

Which means that this total BS will cost me credits even if i don't want to change anything in the current set up. Well boys and girls at WG, that ain't gonna happen. It really is very simple, i am not going to be robbed by you. Every tank you sabotage will be sold and will not be replaced by a new one. I'll just see what's left and if that worth the trouble to start the game up ever again. 

#WALLETCLOSEDFORGOOD

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 02 August 2020 - 09:30 AM.

Homer_J #420 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:28 AM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGwynbleidd11, on 02 August 2020 - 09:17 AM, said:

What will happen to mounted bounty equipment? Will it be automatically demounted?

I don't see any reason it would be apart from low tier tanks or tanks where it is not compatible.

Improved equipment is being demounted but that needs bonds to demount.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

pamaleo303, Roomar, Gruff_