• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

grasho #421 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93106 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

You could just log onto the test server and see.

Except the test server may be out of date.  The Equip 2.0 information put out before the latest test server update differs from the Equip 2.0 information put out on Friday.

Leaving aside the funny fact that protecting new players is no longer an aim of Equip 2.0 (we knew it was a lie anyway), Friday’s announcements no longer confirm that demounted low-tier equipment will be upgraded to class 1.

This could just be an omission from the “everything you need to know...” or, if the article really is “everything” then the omission suggests the upgrade has been dropped (probably because the greedy bastards realised it would reduce the need for players to buy silver packages or premium accounts).

My advice would be to not rely on the test server: it may be out of date.

Homer_J #422 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:29 AM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 02 August 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

Which means that this total BS will cost me credits even if i don't want to change anything in the current set up. Well boys and girls at WG, that ain't gonna happen. When i open my garage after the update every tank will be fitted with the correct new piece of equipment, free of charge. If not every tank that you have sabotaged will be sold and its # WALLETCLOSEDFORGOOD.

In the example I quoted it will cost nothing as the new equipment is worth exactly the selling price of the old.

CausticSoda #423 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47184 battles
  • [-G0M-] -G0M-

View PostSael_, on 31 July 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

Actually the majority of players are in favor of the changes. We have tested several iterations for quite a long time now, we have collected a ton of player feedback, not just on the forum, but also on other platforms and, most importantly, through in-game surveys - I can assure you that we are following up on what players want.

Did you ask people on the survey if they were happy to pay lots extra gold and a massive amount of credits for this change? Because I certainly dont recall that question.

I also didnt see the question about being happy with buying into bounty gear and having it changed from what was advertised.

Unicorn_of_Steel #424 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21422 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

In the example I quoted it will cost nothing as the new equipment is worth exactly the selling price of the old.

That doesn't change my message: I WILL NOT PAY 1 PIECE OF GOLD OR 1 CREDIT OVER THIS BS. 

08:55 Added after 3 minute

Next Tuesday in Minsk, the poor guy that has to press the execute button for this update:

De bronafbeelding bekijken

mrtvimarijan #425 Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43860 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS

This is a typical WG content. Really really really bad idea for a game balance(view range is already oversaturated and this will make it even worse), really really really bad implementation (unfair refunding for equipment), and especially really really bad results in a form of losing experienced player base and the biggest real money spenders.

This message will probably be deleted by mods.

ralesm1989 #426 Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:24 AM

Lieutenant

• 33982 battles
  • [T1LT] T1LT

View Postmrtvimarijan, on 02 August 2020 - 10:19 AM, said:

It won't be... ;)

gunslingerXXX #427 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15314 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postmrtvimarijan, on 02 August 2020 - 10:19 AM, said:

This is a typical WG content. Really really really bad idea for a game balance(view range is already oversaturated and this will make it even worse), really really really bad implementation (unfair refunding for equipment), and especially really really bad results in a form of losing experienced player base and the biggest real money spenders.

You forgot to mention the WG signature; really really bad user interface

FizzleMcSnizzle #428 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29214 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 02 August 2020 - 06:52 AM, said:

I also looked. Seems to me like they were told not to discuss it. 

Got that impression. Dez sounds like a paid employee, Skill is living in la la land with his new Porsche, and QB has been on autopilot for at least a year. 

Claus... well, no one really cares about Claus.

ibrox3 #429 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 73156 battles
  • [KUDOS] KUDOS

After 75,000 battles or so in about 10 years I have lost track of all the changes (for the worst) that WG have done.

This game grew through word of mouth, not advertising.

Many of us veterans will have recommended it to our friends.

A free game, its tanks, its hard to learn to play at the start but you learn and you get better.

You can platoon with me and we can have fun...

Its a bit grindy , but you need to learn maps and enemy tanks etc so that's ok.

When you have earned enough credits for a camo net , you can use it on all your tanks, same with Bino's or toolbox.

Eventually you get to a tank you want to keep and then you can save up for equipment.

If you really want to advance you can spend some money on it and get a premium account. Its a fun free game so why not.....

This worked. For me and for a load of people I know.

They played the game , enjoyed it and treated themselves to a premium account.

70% of those players have gone for good.

Every new way WG corporates think up of trying to drive people to spend money drives more away instead.

With this change the simple demount for CA$H will deprive new players of vital equipment to help make their grind bearable.

I expect new recruits to dry up.

The veterans know this is a CA$H grab.

Same as "Earning more Bonds" by depriving everyone below TierX of actually "Earning" them and instead giving them to people who just show up to a 15:0 massacre and hit twice (finishing 10th on the winning side) - reasoning , in Tier X it will cost you credits to play.

So the veterans are #Walletclosed  - I have been for years already in disgust.

More obvious greed with statements like majority - (that you cannot trace) - wants this.... do they make you recite these lines in a classroom for an hour before work? , just make the vets turn off.

Result - a dying game.

Clearly is the case as we now have more and more daily, weekend ,weekly ,monthly. quarterly, yearly etc missions to do all at the same time - to try and keep us interested.

All we needed was the game to have remained as it was when we recommended it to our friends - years ago, with New Maps and content added ........

Shame on the Corporates who don't play the game but claim to be able to make the owners more CA$H, they will get their pay and maybe an annual bonus , trash the game and move on to their next job. They do not care, its just another job......

Edited by ibrox3, 02 August 2020 - 02:24 PM.

Archon_Dark #430 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12676 battles
  • [_GR-] _GR-
The moment you will implement this plus the nerfs to the Italian line I will uninstall your freaking clown car show of a game and move on to another platform plus I will seek legal action against you about the scam on battle pass concerning bounty equipment,I want my money back!

BowtNetterToDo #431 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22251 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO

I am in favour of more diversity that Equipment2.0 aims to deliver and i hope that Equipment2.0 will be a positive change.

WG should introduce Equipment2.0 by first removing all of my current equipment and giving me a full refund of its value. If done this way, the only negative impact on my game that i can see, is that i have to spend time buying and fitting equipment to bring the tanks in my garage back up to optimal/meta.

It took me a long grind to get all of my tanks fully equipped to what i consider optimal/meta, i spent alot of time, silver and gold to achieve this. Im not sure that WG can force me to endure that grind to return my garage to optimal/meta again, i simply cannot see myself being willing to commit the time, silver, gold and pure grind to bring my entire garage back to a state that i am happy with. Im happy with the state of my garage now, if im not happy with the state of my garage after Equipment2.0 i will hold WG responsible for that.

WG could remove some of these negative impacts with a full removal and refund of my current equipment.

I have bought alot of lower tier premiums which will lose some equipment slots, which is a bit of a bummer that my cash purchases suffer this nerf. The equipment removed will sit in my depot collecting dust because all of my tanks are fully equipped, i simply dont have anywhere to fit these unused and unwanted pieces of removed equipment, or i can sell them for half price, sigh.

WG could remove some of these negative impacts with a full removal and refund of my current equipment. 

Considering the nerf to premium purchases and the negative impact on the current state of my game by the way that WG is choosing to introduce Equipment2.0, then i dread to think how much Crew2.0 is going to cost me. I spent cash on BiA crews, plus the time invested to grind/train the crews, i fear Crew2.0 will be introduced just as badly. It seems that i will have to suffer alot of negatives while WG enjoys the positives. 

I feel like i welcome positive changes to the game but that i am not being fairly compensated when these changes are introduced, If i feel a negative impact i will respond with #WalletClosed and consider the rest of my exit strategy. 

Galaxy_class #432 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13195 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 02 August 2020 - 06:52 AM, said:

I also looked. Seems to me like they were told not to discuss it. 

DezGamez has done a lot of good videos on Equipment 2.0. QuickyBaby has tried them out on his stream at least twice. Raging Raptor and Circon have commented about it in videos. Others like Skill & SirFoch have made comments about it on stream but are probably waiting for it to hit the live servers before trying it. Most will agree that it will change the game some what but no-one knows by how much, but it has been mentioned a lot.

wolfman292 #433 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23419 battles
So how many tanks can i sell per day? the direction WG are going in and have been ever since the debacle over gold ammo for credits it would seem that they are getting closer and closer to the edge of the cliff. This was such a good game and should have become one of the best but mess around the very players that put hard earned money into it and your asking for trouble.

FizzleMcSnizzle #434 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29214 battles

View PostGalaxy_class, on 02 August 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

DezGamez has done a lot of good videos on Equipment 2.0. QuickyBaby has tried them out on his stream at least twice. Raging Raptor and Circon have commented about it in videos. Others like Skill & SirFoch have made comments about it on stream but are probably waiting for it to hit the live servers before trying it. Most will agree that it will change the game some what but no-one knows by how much, but it has been mentioned a lot.

I've not heard anything to reflect the ****storm of negative feedback though.

gunslingerXXX #435 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15314 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostGalaxy_class, on 02 August 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

Yes, I noticed, enjoyed some of Dez' builds.

I specifically meant the announcement coupled with the implications for the players rather than the equipment itself.

TheGreatGazoo #436 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:49 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39728 battles

View PostCausticSoda, on 02 August 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

Did you ask people on the survey if they were happy to pay lots extra gold and a massive amount of credits for this change? Because I certainly dont recall that question.

I also didnt see the question about being happy with buying into bounty gear and having it changed from what was advertised.

This is complete BS from WG. IF this were the case where are all of the fans?? The overwhelming majority of posts about this are negative; IF "Actually the majority of players are in favor of the changes" were true then the majority of posts for this would be positive...this is just an outright lie.

Edited by TheGreatGazoo, 02 August 2020 - 11:49 AM.

wolfman292 #437 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23419 battles
Do not forget people WG are not interested in you but the contents of your wallet or purse. What yo think about the game does not matter just so long as you keep feeding them money.

Galaxy_class #438 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13195 battles

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 02 August 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

I've not heard anything to reflect the ****storm of negative feedback though.

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 02 August 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

Yes, I noticed, enjoyed some of Dez' builds.

I specifically meant the announcement coupled with the implications for the players rather than the equipment itself.

Ah right. The demounting issues have been known for a while but WG could have changed this at any time. Now that it is pretty obvious they are not going to make any changes in this area the community response has built up massively over the last few days so maybe CC's will comment on it further. I have heard CC's mention it on stream but I don't really want to put words in their mouths in case things get taken out of context.

Edited by Galaxy_class, 02 August 2020 - 12:07 PM.

tracksrs #439 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34651 battles
War  Gaming are  making a pigs ear out of the 10th Anniversary , Can bots celebrate the 11th as there will be no players left to celebrate it   at this rate.

MIG_flyer #440 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27910 battles

View PostBowtNetterToDo, on 02 August 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

I am in favour of more diversity that Equipment2.0 aims to deliver and i hope that Equipment2.0 will be a positive change.

WG should introduce Equipment2.0 by first removing all of my current equipment and giving me a full refund of its value. If done this way, the only negative impact on my game that i can see, is that i have to spend time buying and fitting equipment to bring the tanks in my garage back up to optimal/meta.

It took me a long grind to get all of my tanks fully equipped to what i consider optimal/meta, i spent alot of time, silver and gold to achieve this. Im not sure that WG can force me to endure that grind to return my garage to optimal/meta again, i simply cannot see myself being willing to commit the time, silver, gold and pure grind to bring my entire garage back to a state that i am happy with. Im happy with the state of my garage now, if im not happy with the state of my garage after Equipment2.0 i will hold WG responsible for that.

I have bought alot of lower tier premiums which will lose some equipment slots, which is a bit of a bummer that my cash purchases suffer this nerf. The equipment removed will sit in my depot collecting dust because all of my tanks are fully equipped, i simply dont have anywhere to fit these unused and unwanted pieces of removed equipment, or i can sell them for half price, sigh.

Considering the nerf to premium purchases and the negative impact on the current state of my game by the way that WG is choosing to introduce Equipment2.0, then i dread to think how much Crew2.0 is going to cost me. I spent cash on BiA crews, plus the time invested to grind/train the crews, i fear Crew2.0 will be introduced just as badly. It seems that i will have to suffer alot of negatives while WG enjoys the positives. 

I feel like i welcome positive changes to the game but that i am not being fairly compensated when these changes are introduced, If i feel a negative impact i will respond with #WalletClosed and consider the rest of my exit strategy. 

Really well said.

I think the player perspective is really well covered here and WG should listen carefully!

The above covers nearly everything, except that the change where we now have to either pay for moving Binos, Cammonets and Toolboxes - or spend millions of credits to buy more of those so that we can still play all our tanks that we used to move them freely to.

One point that also stands out is what about equipment that we do not need after the upgrade? Just sell tonnes of equipment for half price?

And what about e.g. Binos that now comes in 3 classes - what will the current binos be converted to? - If not all are converted to highest and most expensive class then we are cheated. And on the other hand if they are converted to highest class they cannot be used for low and medium tier tanks... Is this thought through at all and what do we get?????

25 user(s) are reading this topic

6 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users

grasho, sveujedan, Medics_Gun, Milad06, ColdSteel__, ossiwaldo