Equipment 2.0: What Will Happen to Your Current Equipment?

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

Emperor_Ping #181 Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 89531 battles
  • [D-L-B] D-L-B

View Post_b_, on 01 August 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

*sigh*

457 tanks in garage .. most with 3 full eqp slots used, then either 1 or 2 for the typical TD or whatever not using "the usual suspects" ...  did just check on a random tank and e.g. 283 coated mounted on tanks.

Then all the rammers and what not ... this update is going to be fun :(

And going to have to pay to swap around after they've messed things up ... sigh x 457.

Think I'll take this a solid kick to the teeth and a #WALLETCLOSED sign.

"insert permanent forum bannable lines of words here"

Yep couldn't agree more, i'm having 217 tanks plus lots of equipment to pay for soon, what a joy this brings!

Gremlin182 #182 Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65313 battles

View Postgrasho, on 01 August 2020 - 03:00 PM, said:

Again, Equip 2.0 is almost good; it’s just let down by the conversion methodology and cash grab.

Some of the new equipment is game-breaking but I’m quite cool about that - it will be rebalanced after a few months.  Other new equipment is ok, others are crap, just like existing equipment.

I also agree that a lot of existing equipment will stay where it is, so one demount kit for every piece is overkill.  However, one per tank is reasonable, especially if WG want to encourage players to use the new equipment.

Demounting low-tier equipment makes sense.

The problem is the conversion.  It looks like I’m going to end up with 50m silver worth of equipment demounted either when 1.10 is released or when 1.11 is released.  That equipment will not be reused by me as the tanks the equipment is currently mounted on either won’t have the slots or the equipment class is wrong.  And I’m not going to buy another 40+ tanks to soak up the old equipment.

It will also means I have to spend more than 60m silver on reequipping my tanks if I want to retain my status quo Of having every tank ~240) fully equipped.

Equip 2.0 will, for me, result in unused equipment worth 50m silver, and a 60m silver bill for new equipment.

If my old equipment could be sold at its original price, I would only need to find 10m silver to get all my tanks reequipped: i can live with that - I probably have enough old modules and unused reward consumables to cover that.

However, selling the old, unused, equipment will only give me 25m silver.  This means I have to find 35m silver to return to the status-quo (every tank fully equipped).

WG have made a change to, apparently, improve my gaming experience, whilst making a lot of my tanks worse (due to fewer fully  equipped tanks) and requiring me to grind another 35m silver.  That is stupid.

I don’t want anything extra, I don’t want anything special.  I just want what I had before the change: all tanks fully equipped with equipment that is fully compatible with each tank.

Anything less than that is simple theft.

You came up with something I had not considered, my bad.

Although I have 300+ tanks comparatively few of them are tier 2 and 3 and almost all of those are the premiums they gave away over the years.

Because I do not play them that much most have no equipment, I just used to add a toolbox camo net and binoculars.

a couple have more equipment.

If someone has a decent number of tier 2 and 3 tanks all currently with 3 pieces of equipment its extremely important that WG do not mess up with the conversion.

Players are going to end up with a lot of spare equipment and if its converted to or remains as low tier only equipment they need to do something to fix it and tbh a full price refund is probably the only real solution.

I currently have 17 tier 2 tanks but only 3 have any equipment on them 2 have vents and one has vents gld and optics.

Now if they remove the equipment and convert my optics and gld to the ones that cost 500,000 credits that's fine but will they.

If they get converted to the ones that cost 50,000 then they pinched 900,000 credits off me.

I have 18 tier 3 tanks and its a similar story only 7 have any equipment 11 pieces in all and again 4 of those cost me 500k apiece so its important they retain that after conversion.

Potentially I lose 2.7 million credits if they mess up the conversion.

That' barely puts a dent in my credit balance but could mean a great deal to some.

WG and Mods this needs clarifying immediately someone with a lot of tier 2 and 3 tanks could end up with equipment they cannot use on the tanks they have due to the reduction in equipment slots.

They may not want to buy more low tier tanks and possibly cannot use the equipment on higher tier tanks.

Converted equipment must end up with the same or greater credit value than it cost the player to buy

mrtvimarijan #183 Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43860 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS
Didn't see a single post on this forum that supports these changes. Youtube comments can be botted and shilled (and most likely are). I really don't know where are all those positive reviews WG is talking about. I am certain that they are lying. I'm certain this will completely break the vision mechanic in the game when tanks pack 600m + view range.

Medics_Gun #184 Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 75103 battles
...and not a single response after dozens and dozens of questions. I'm absolutely sure they are going to postponed the changes but if they are desperate for cash... then I don't know.

grasho #185 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93106 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostMedics_Gun, on 02 August 2020 - 01:54 PM, said:

...and not a single response after dozens and dozens of questions. I'm absolutely sure they are going to postponed the changes but if they are desperate for cash... then I don't know.

Don’t be so sure.  We have been telling them since sandbox 1 that Equip 2.0 has big problems.

WG’s response has been to press on regardless whilst ignoring us or lying to us.

Some bigwig at WG is powering this through and no one within WG is willing to point out they are wrong.

Edited by grasho, 02 August 2020 - 03:04 PM.

gunslingerXXX #186 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15314 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostMedics_Gun, on 02 August 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

Thats why they announce it friday afternoon, so they have an excuse not to answer the critique. 

Basically another indication they don't take you serious, I percieve this technique as a spit in the face. 

Medics_Gun #187 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 75103 battles

View Postgrasho, on 02 August 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

Don’t be so sure.  We have been telling them since sandbox 1 that Equip 2.0 has big problems.

WG’s response has been to press on regardless whilst ignoring us or lying to us.

Some bigwig at WG is powering this through and no one within WG is willing to point out they are wrong.

If that's really the case, then something bad is happening. Either the company is for sale or company's income is falling like a comet.

14:17 Added after 8 minute

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 02 August 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

Thats why they announce it friday afternoon, so they have an excuse not to answer the critique. 

Basically another indication they don't take you serious, I percieve this technique as a spit in the face. 

This is not like other times. These massive changes are poorly explained and the whole situation is very serious. If they don't reconsider, they may have big problems even with players who pay tactically.

ClassicFrog #188 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 50082 battles
What a fail. But hey, it's WG way of handling things. At this point I'm genuinely surprised they did not simply decide to convert the old equipment into a bundle of fire extinguishers, call it a fair deal, and force player to buy the new equipment from the store.

Homer_J #189 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:33 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postibrox3, on 01 August 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

Replacing Toolbox with a directive (?) what?

No.

Toolbox is being replaced by a new piece of equipment which does much more than the toolbox.

Toolbox directives (that is a directive which works in conjunction with a toolbox) therefore need to be changed to directives for the new equipment.

Prosigoj #190 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13054 battles
Roses are red, violets are blue, world of tanks I deleted you :trollface:

DrewPeacock_1 #191 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33890 battles
  • [T_I_A] T_I_A
War Thunder here I come. 

grasho #192 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93106 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostDrewPeacock_1, on 02 August 2020 - 05:18 PM, said:

War Thunder here I come. 

I’d forgotten about them.  I only had time for one MMO in my life so never tried it.  Time to give it a try.

_b_ #193 Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 59359 battles

WOT have made me rage hard sometimes,.. not so much the game since I L O V E  tanks,.. but the darn company!!!

Think this just might be the last nail in the coffin forever burying my wallet 10 feet down, inaccessible for Cyprys forever.

Pity, don't mind spending $ on stuff I spend time on and like, ...so if this update makes me have to spend hours going through all 457 tanks (not at once but whenever I decide to play one of them) to check up on new recommended setup and finding equipment from depot or buying new ... and / or also having to spend money to get enough demount kits to test stuff out ... once the whatever k gold I have left are gone, I'll be f2p and money goes elsewhere.

Plenty of other stuff I can spend it on that doesn't annoy the ..... out of me :P

Unicums_4_Dinner #194 Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 75544 battles
  • [-DSI-] -DSI-
i got 400+ tanks in garage all full equiped, omg what going to happen to my account after, and its not the first time my account is sc*wed over. and it will be again when changes come for the crew. 400+ tanks full of crew and still 400+ in baracks 

Bauri #195 Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 45904 battles

As many have stated we did not ask for this change. We askd you for a lot of other things, balanced maps, more maps, addressing the premium ammo spam at higher tiers and the reduced effectiveness of armor because of that. This change was not on the list. It might be nice, but as a lot of ppl stated, it will require a lot of changing equipment on tanks. The pitiful few demount kits you give us do not even come close to the amount of equipment that needs to be switched around for a lot of players. Players who have been loyal customers to you for many years. I see a few things you could do which would make this mess sting a little less for a lot of players:

- Remove all equipment from tanks and re-imburse players with the purchase value of the equipment

- Give players a limited grace period (4+ weeks) where they can remove equipment free of charge and give the option to sell for either full purchase price or at least 80% purchase price

- Remove all equipment from tanks and give players a grace period of 4+ weeks where they can sell unwanted equipment for full purchase price or at least 80% purchase price.

As a lot of ppl already stated this seems to be a front to get players to spend more credits on stuff they basically already had. A year or so ago EA went this way with their community and they still have not recovered from the backlash it created. Just dont go there.

GaleForceEight #196 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2727 battles
  • [DAVID] DAVID

View PostTemid23, on 31 July 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

Hello

You will give me option to sell for full price or move my current eq for FREE (no gold no demount kits). I didn't ask for this changes to happen. I will have to reequip 400+ tanks coz you want to make some changes to game for god know what reason...

You make the changes i didn't agree for then make it free for me to sort out my garage.

But they would far rather tinker with stuff nobody asked for than fix the broken matchmaking, because that would require something closely resembling common sense.

Then again, that they are SELLING demount kits so that people can try to find out what works for them in this system nobody wanted or asked for, just shows me what a bunch of nice people that are as honest as the Russian Olympic team that WG employ. They are not in any way moneygrubbing opportunistic ********s in any way shape or form.

PS I will probably get a warning for calling out a spade for being a spade here and saying what great numbers of people are thinking, because the concept of criticism by truth or sarcasm is punished by the corrupt who don't like their failings highlighted. Try reading Animal Farm or 1984 by George Orwell. Both banned by the Soviet Regime because they highlighted the repression of free thought or criticism of the state. I guess a castrated coward will delete this and warn me, lacking the imagination or intellect to react constructively to anything that criticises their masters.

Edited by GaleForceEight, 02 August 2020 - 09:35 PM.

GaleForceEight #197 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2727 battles
  • [DAVID] DAVID

View Postgrasho, on 02 August 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

But they would far rather tinker with stuff nobody asked for than fix the broken matchmaking, because that would require something closely resembling common sense which is not a concept that moneygrubbing shysters can quite get a grasp of.

Gremlin182 #198 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65313 battles

I am quite positive about the changes, I didn't ask for them and I don't know anyone who did but then Thats true of almost every new thing coming into a game.

You cannot only do the things people ask for.

Some of the equipment I own got better some of it became amazing.

Nothing really got worse.

Equipment specific to a particular tank type yeah I didn't really like that idea not every tank fits easily into the role dictated by their type.

Some lights make better mediums

Its a very complicated change and some things might go wrong.

We really do not know what some of the equipment combinations will do, something thats pretty nice on one tanke might be game breaking on another.

It will get sorted so no worries.

Its not something to get mad over and scream about leaving the game but if you want to fine never got the idea of having to tell everyone about it.

That's just weird

Edited by Gremlin182, 02 August 2020 - 09:41 PM.

CainMcPain #199 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 57221 battles
  • [PIIR] PIIR

I think it's all very logical. I mean we have tank camos of mandarin, needles and surf boards on side of tanks, Offspring tanks and Ferraris and Lamborghinis now driving around 100km/h flying hundred of metres up in the air. We have Santa Clauses, Mutant Ninja Turtles  and other Disney characters as tank crew. I mean what would be next logical step, sure let's change equipment. With next update we probably get IS900 a flying tank with wings and Putin as a commander and his secretaries with miniskirts as a driver and loader. 

The problem is that this game goes too UFO u know. Surfing board on tank, I mean come on. Try to be just a little realistic, not asking much.

fredo_k #200 Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37697 battles
I went through all the pages from this article and not a single comment from a moderator which shows how helpless they are at the hands of management and also out of touch with the playerbase. Gold ammo should have been rebalanced first end of. Simply by reducing the damage by 2 and that’s it job done and players happy. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users