• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 27115 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Hello,

I have watched videos by Klaus Kellerman and Skilly 4 u on this tank and they say its bad, but in your humble opinion how bad is it really? I am approaching 20k bonds and will keep 10k saved incase cheiftain/t95 tier 8 UK med becomes avalible in next refresh but this tank looks cute and I was wondering is it REALLY as bad as people say?

I wish we could test out these tanks first before committing to buying them because I know people told me M46 Rumppanzer was terrible but when I played it on rental I loved it and bought it. So do you people who know my type of tanks think. will have good games in Kv4 Kres. or is it really avoid avoid avoid?

Edited by saxsan4, 31 July 2020 - 09:26 PM.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25960 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Klaus thinks everything is bad......so I'd take what Skil4ltu says a bit more seriously.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78206 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Do people still use Klaus for reliable reviews?

Well, I bought it but only done some testing on it so far in training rooms etc. It's slowish, the armor head-on is not super reliable. Nor is the side or rear straight on obviously. But getting a right side corner, as the gun is off-centre on the turret. It got more effective armor than even 340 HEAT could deal with. And turning the turret away when reloading did work too. But that's just it. It was not a good pusher, it like the Lowe is just good at holding a corner all day due to the effective side armor. So if your style is more defensive. You might get something out of it. If not, then not really I suspect. Then you're better off with other options, or saving your bonds. 

saxsan4 #4 Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 27115 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 31 July 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

Klaus thinks everything is bad......so I'd take what Skil4ltu says a bit more seriously.

I LOVE. klaus Kellerman, he is my new fave, I even had a dream about him the other day :)

I sent him couple of my replays via email (fingers crossed)  and even I dedicated one to him on my wot replays channel. He is my wot idol now. I used to love Jingles but Klaus is much more interesting. 

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25960 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postsaxsan4, on 31 July 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

I LOVE. klaus Kellerman, he is my new fave, I even had a dream about him the other day :)

I sent him couple of my replays via email (fingers crossed)  and even I dedicated one to him on my wot replays channel. He is my wot idol now. I used to love Jingles but Klaus is much more interesting. 

I guess some people love agony aunts.:hiding:

Flavortown #6 Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17859 battles
  • [LIDL] LIDL
Only good thing that can be bought with bonds and cant be gotten from the recruit thing is kpz50t and you need to get into div 2 to buy that

saxsan4 #7 Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 27115 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 31 July 2020 - 08:29 PM, said:

I guess some people love agony aunts.:hiding:

my 3 favourite things bout Klaus is his voice, when he says  biggest A Hole series and when he says 'stupid potato gun!!!'

and hi theories about sigma and bias are very clever, I hadn't thought about when they sell premium tanks it gets better sigma and when its no longer on sale they turn down its sigmas. 

oh and I love how he says 'regular schomes'

and his no bs channel he calls out cheaters which I love. 

I normally watch a Klaus video before bed to sooth me

20:39 Added after 2 minute

View PostFlavortown, on 31 July 2020 - 08:30 PM, said:

Only good thing that can be bought with bonds and cant be gotten from the recruit thing is kpz50t and you need to get into div 2 to buy that

ranked is too hard for me :(

Edited by saxsan4, 31 July 2020 - 09:39 PM.

Robbie_T #8 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23051 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Kv4 Kress is a outdated tank...its only interresting for collectors.

they play 2 games in it and than let it collect dust.

If you wanna know how Wot  was in the past play that tank.

And sometimes i learn something new from Clauss .

Skill i personally dont like....i just dont like the dude...and his fans i dislike even more....if you see the comments on his You tube how far you can go up in someone's  *ss.

But hes a good player...ill give him that played a couple of randoms where he was in and racked up 7k dmg..

You tubers overall ill check the news i dont watch streams of them playing.(find that borring as hell)

But i do watch biggest A holes from claus.

What also fun to do if you ahve a new player doing BS to you say you will send the replay to Clauss.

Than they ask whats Clauss.....You tube link......

Had some new tomatoes excusing themselfs begging me to not send the replay in a couple of times hahahahahaha

Edited by Robbie_T, 01 August 2020 - 03:23 AM.

saxsan4 #9 Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:00 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 27115 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostRobbie_T, on 01 August 2020 - 02:19 AM, said:

Kv4 Kress is a outdated tank...its only interresting for collectors.

they play 2 games in it and than let it collect dust.

If you wanna know how Wot  was in the past play that tank.

And sometimes i learn something new from Clauss .

Skill i personally dont like....i just dont like the dude...and his fans i dislike even more....if you see the comments on his You tube how far you can go up in someone's  *ss.

But hes a good player...ill give him that played a couple of randoms where he was in and racked up 7k dmg..

You tubers overall ill check the news i dont watch streams of them playing.(find that borring as hell)

But i do watch biggest A holes from claus.

What also fun to do if you ahve a new player doing BS to you say you will send the replay to Clauss.

Than they ask whats Clauss.....You tube link......

Had some new tomatoes excusing themselfs begging me to not send the replay in a couple of times hahahahahaha

Yes I dont like skilly 4 u as much 

KLAUS Is my number 1

then Dez Gamerz

then quickbaby

Enherjaren #10 Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 78355 battles
  • [Y0L0-] Y0L0-

View Postsaxsan4, on 31 July 2020 - 09:19 PM, said:

Hello,

I have watched videos by Klaus Kellerman and Skilly 4 u on this tank and they say its bad, but in your humble opinion how bad is it really? I am approaching 20k bonds and will keep 10k saved incase cheiftain/t95 tier 8 UK med becomes avalible in next refresh but this tank looks cute and I was wondering is it REALLY as bad as people say?

I wish we could test out these tanks first before committing to buying them because I know people told me M46 Rumppanzer was terrible but when I played it on rental I loved it and bought it. So do you people who know my type of tanks think. will have good games in Kv4 Kres. or is it really avoid avoid avoid?

Klaus Kellerman is all good if you like to watch him for the lolz.
Just like Jingles his videos can be somewhat miss-informative IMHO. 
I actually unsubbed from Kellerman recently 'cause I didn't find his content that amusing anymore. 

Edited by Enherjaren, 01 August 2020 - 10:42 AM.

arthurwellsley #11 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56788 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View Postsaxsan4, on 31 July 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

Hello,

It is a version of the KV4.

You have played the tech tree KV4. I can see your statistics in it.

Did you enjoy the tech tree KV4?

Do you think the tech tree KV4 suited your style and gameplay?

The Kres is like a worse KV4. If you are happy and good in a KV4 and also maybe the similar KV5 then the Kres might exceptionally be worthwhile for a player who's favourite tank is the KV4. If not, do what everyone else does and avoid it like the plague.

Saxsan your best performing tank with over 100 battles is the Excelsoir. Why not consider using the bonds to buy purple equipment to make that tank even more fun? The next two in your list of statistically doing well and over 100 battles are Matilda Back Prince and O-Ni you could use the bonds on either of those.

If the aim of bond use is to enhance fun, instead of buying an unfun tank, why not consider using them to make even more fun, a tank you find fun already?

saxsan4 #12 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 27115 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Postarthurwellsley, on 01 August 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

It is a version of the KV4.

You have played the tech tree KV4. I can see your statistics in it.

Did you enjoy the tech tree KV4?

Do you think the tech tree KV4 suited your style and gameplay?

The Kres is like a worse KV4. If you are happy and good in a KV4 and also maybe the similar KV5 then the Kres might exceptionally be worthwhile for a player who's favourite tank is the KV4. If not, do what everyone else does and avoid it like the plague.

Saxsan your best performing tank with over 100 battles is the Excelsoir. Why not consider using the bonds to buy purple equipment to make that tank even more fun? The next two in your list of statistically doing well and over 100 battles are Matilda Back Prince and O-Ni you could use the bonds on either of those.

If the aim of bond use is to enhance fun, instead of buying an unfun tank, why not consider using them to make even more fun, a tank you find fun already?

I like kv4 but stopped grinding it once i heard about the buffs to it, i love Kv5 also 

Exlcsior my first and so far only 2 marked tank :), yesi  love it but i already have 3 equipments, and i prefer to spend bonds on tanks as i like collecting them 

I have decided to continue saving all my bonds and will think about getting the liberte 

Homer_J #13 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:47 AM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I have had a request for this to be moved to the Russian TD forum from your local neighbourhood watchman.

UrQuan #14 Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22583 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postarthurwellsley, on 01 August 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

Adding my opinion on this as I love the KV-4 tank & KV tank gameplay in general.

The KV-4K is really bad. The armor design of the tank is just bad. Initially it doesn't look too bad. Bit less side armor for more front turret armor? Doesn't sound too bad. Then you find out the box on top of the front hull has bad armor & forces you to angle more (with less side armor!) then a regular KV-4.

The KV-4K has several small advantages (bit better gun handling, bit better viewrange, more ammo) but it is all nullified by that bad armor design & for a slow armored tank, that's a terrible drawback.

Only bigger advantage it has is the strong top armor. At 50mm thick, there exist very few guns that can overmatch it & most arties won't pen it thate asy with a direct hit, unlike the KV-4, where the top armor is 30 to 40 mm & hence prone to overmatch when shot from above (also in the ballpark of quite some arty HE shell pens, even at angle).

In short, don't get the KV-4K, rather save up those bonds for something mroe fun/useful, unless you want to collect all tanks/want a rare (but bad) tank. 

Note, I personally would love to own the KV-4K, to complete my KV collection, but 10K bonds for a showcase garage piece is a bit much, rather spend that on equipment to boost my existing fun tanks.

Edit:

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2020 - 06:47 AM, said:

I have had a request for this to be moved to the Russian TD forum from your local neighbourhood watchman.

Considering the KV-4K is a russian HT, i'll send you a report to move it to the russian HT section ipv the TD one. Seems whoever sent the report got confused with another KV-4, the KV-4 KTTS (which is an unreleased prem russian TD)

Edited by UrQuan, 02 August 2020 - 03:29 PM.

FizzleMcSnizzle #15 Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29370 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2020 - 06:47 AM, said:

who is this person, and why do you keep listening to him? No one visits those sections.

Homer_J #16 Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:37 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUrQuan, on 02 August 2020 - 09:45 AM, said:

Considering the KV-4K is a russian HT, i'll send you a report to move it to the russian HT section ipv the TD one. Seems whoever sent the report got confused with another KV-4, the KV-4 KTTS (which is an unreleased prem russian TD)

Indeed they/we/I did.

Corrected.

Bulldog_Drummond #17 Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36555 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 02 August 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

who is this person, and why do you keep listening to him? No one visits those sections.

No, they don't, do they?

Homer_J #18 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:34 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 02 August 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 02 August 2020 - 04:28 PM, said:

No, they don't, do they?

Seems busy today.  Maybe because there is something here to read. :unsure:

Bulldog_Drummond #19 Posted 02 August 2020 - 06:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36555 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostHomer_J, on 02 August 2020 - 04:34 PM, said:

Seems busy today.  Maybe because there is something here to read. :unsure:

"When an alluring woman comes in at the door," warningly traced the austere Kien-fi on the margin of his well-known essay, "discretion may be found up the chimney".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users