Question about invite codes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Cassie_b #1 Posted 31 July 2020 - 09:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4334 battles
  • [D_F_C] D_F_C

Hi guys, I just started an account for my youngest brother and have been sitting with him while he gets to grips with the basics....

Used the invite code 'WOTGURU' which supposedly gives a prem tier V (T14 Heavy) + 3 days prem time, 1000 gold and a bunch of personal reserves..

When should he get the tank and extras? He now has about 12 games since finishing bootcamp, and has only 4 more missions to do before he gets the free tier6.

Does he get the prem stuff when he finishes those missions? Or should he have it already? (I was expecting it already)

I started playing long before the new bootcamp began so the current startup process is all new to me.

The registration process seemed to accept the code no problem... or could we have done something wrong?

Puzzled...???

Edited by Cassie_b, 31 July 2020 - 09:54 PM.

catlikehana #2 Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21453 battles

WOTGURU is an NA only code and will not work with EU server so you will not get the bonus items from it.

Invite codes are all instant and should be there on logging in.

It's an issue with the invite code box as it will accept all valid codes regardless of regional restriction.

I do think WG should fix this.

Edited by catlikehana, 01 August 2020 - 12:57 AM.

Gruff_ #3 Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:29 AM

Major

• Player
  • 26509 battles

View PostCassie_b, on 31 July 2020 - 09:51 PM, said:

Hi guys, I just started an account for my youngest brother and have been sitting with him while he gets to grips with the basics....

Used the invite code 'WOTGURU' which supposedly gives a prem tier V (T14 Heavy) + 3 days prem time, 1000 gold and a bunch of personal reserves..

When should he get the tank and extras? He now has about 12 games since finishing bootcamp, and has only 4 more missions to do before he gets the free tier6.

Does he get the prem stuff when he finishes those missions? Or should he have it already? (I was expecting it already)

I started playing long before the new bootcamp began so the current startup process is all new to me.

The registration process seemed to accept the code no problem... or could we have done something wrong?

Puzzled...???

If you also play, make sure you recruit your brother under the refer a friend scheme (get a link rom the handshake button bottom left in your own garage) this will give him a t6-7 premium tank on completion of contract and you get a t8. 

As has been said invite codes are instant, so it may be worth just starting a new account off with an EU code - check the bonus code thread in off topic also

Edited by Gruff_, 01 August 2020 - 05:14 PM.

Cassie_b #4 Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4334 battles
  • [D_F_C] D_F_C

Aha!

That does make sense  - Thanks guys.  Looks like we'll be starting another new account tonight then  :rolleyes:

Yes I will recruit him, thanks for reminder Gruff, I'd forgotten last night.

Just had a quick search, and the Pewdiepie code looks pretty good - Excelsior, 2 weeks prem, 250k credits and some rental tanks (hopefully the rentals will turn into garage slots and 100% crew when their time is up)

Will probably go with that one unless I come across something better.

Bordhaw #5 Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16533 battles

View PostCassie_b, on 01 August 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:

Just had a quick search, and the Pewdiepie code looks pretty good - Excelsior, 2 weeks prem, 250k credits and some rental tanks (hopefully the rentals will turn into garage slots and

Something with a Churchill III ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users