How many of you view equipment 2.0 as the final straw?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: How many of you view equipment 2.0 as the final straw? (18 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

What effect (if any) can you see equipment 2.0 having on your WOT enthusiasm? Is it likely to be YOUR final straw? (if youre between answers pick the two closest)

1. 100% yes (6 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Quite probably yes (3 votes [11.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

3. I'll play until my gold runs out (1 vote [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

4. When my gold runs out I will see if F2P is doable and leave if it isnt (3 votes [11.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

5. This isnt my tipping point but its pretty close (4 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

6. I will just keep paying no matter what they do (2 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

7. I am a free to play player, but now I will start spending money so I can move equipment (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. I am a free to play player and this means its not worth playing now I cant move the free to move equipment for free (1 vote [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

9. The bit that REALLY narks me is wargaming lying right to my face about the reason for the equipment 2.0 changes (6 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

Does the change to bounty equipment also cause a reaction?

1. Not really, I dont care or dont have any (8 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Yes, I spent many many hours earning it and the silver to upgrade it (7 votes [35.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

3. I used gold (real money) so I could upgrade it, It feels like fraud to be honest to change it (5 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Hide poll

Mikanoid #1 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7771 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

I've been playing WOT for something like  6 years now, have been a bit of a tank collector which has been quite pricey having two accounts I run to compare two different approaches to going through the tech tree which has always been my primary focus.

I have something like 6-700 vehicles actually in the garage across both accounts many of which "need" the three free to move pieces of equipment such as cammo on TDs, arty and scouts, binos on my low tier premiums and low tier tanks in general, and tool box on slow moving tanks like the excelsior, Churchill 3 etc and then I have tons of tanks I play once in a blue moon, like premiums I absolutely hate, but keep just for fast crew training when a new skill is near or when I move  them between tanks, so they tend to only get the three pieces of free to move equipment full stop

Then we heard the "dubious" claims from WG about equipment 2.0 being because people weren't using equipment ENOUGH, which not only seemed to be contradicted by them also saying equipment slots were being removed on low tier tanks but by the fact that offering the silver equivalent to remove equipment would have fixed that "underuse" overnight

But now we see the truth, this isnt about getting people to use MORE equipment at all, in fact stopping new players, those who arent good at the game, f2p players and those with HUNDREDS of  tanks in their garage from having those free to move equipment pieces will mean LESS equipment being used, it will mean people removing the tanks they cant justify equipment for which will now become totally unplayable in many cases from their  garage

OR

for players like myself with hundreds of tanks will have to spend months, maybe even a year not progressing up the tech tree any more, but just grinding silver to buy thousands of pieces  of duplicate binos, cammos and toolboxes to equip those tanks

Personally I am self employed and run two businesses so the money  itself isnt the issue as I write off £1000 a month as a "research" budget to buy new IT and research related stuff and as I use games to test PCs I build which is one of the businesses my wot hobby used to get quite a bit of that per month, so its money I literally HAVE to spend or I pay more tax, and there is only so many PC or server upgrades, or new alarm or CCTV equipment that comes out through the year, so quite a bit of the excess ended up on WOT

And that is now part of the problem as I own most of the standard premiums on both accounts, many of which are low tier and MOST of which share my pool of the three freely movable pieces of equipment

Do I want to spend months playing simply to put maybe a thousand or more duplicates of those freely movable pieces of equipment onto my low tier premiums many of which I might only play once every three months? God no

Do I want to play them with no equipment when they arent competitive even with equipment? Probably not even for rapid crew training. So they are just wastes of money

But for me the crux here is what is shows about WG

They openly lied to all of us when they tried to claim equipment 2.0 was because it was UNDERUSED, when the easy way to fix that was to simply allow equipment to be removed for EITHER 10 gold or 10 golds worth of silver

And now we know why they are removing equipment slots for low tier tanks, NOT to help new players, because THAT would have been fixed by removing seal clubbers from their matchmaking completely so thats yet another blatant in your face lie

And I think most people will have realised that equipment 2.0 is probably going to lead to LESS equipment being used, to less tanks being played and I  suspect a LOT less players actually playing the game especially with so many having spent so much time earning bounty equipment  and THEN spending millions of silver on it, some of which for me I had to use gold to do because of the timing of CW only to have it nerfed

So I think I am pretty much done now, I have quite a lot  of gold between both accounts so I will probably play till that runs out and literally YEARS of premium account, but thats worthless once the gold runs out and I absolutely wont be bothering with trying the game as F2P under any circumstances and I suspect that many F2P players will view this as the absolute last straw as they will now just be cannon fodder in every single game on most of their tanks anyway without even the free equipment to move from tank to tank

Whilst WGs playerbase has been shrinking MASSIVELY even during a lockdown I suspect this is going to cause an even larger exodus from the game over the next few months as people play until their gold runs out, then only play their favourite tanks until their premium time runs out and then leave with many just moving right away rather than lingering

I for one can absolutely say I wont be spending a single dime more on this game

Anyone curious can check out my two accounts, Mikanoid and Mike_Mckay to see how big a customer WG has finally managed to drive away from spending money on the game with equipment 2.0 and from the game full stop once my gold runs out most probably before assuming its another whiney F2P player being salty

I currently have 40k gold on one account and around 150k gold on the other and 2-3 years premium time on both

At best I can see myself looking at how many premiums and tanks I like I can kit out with the equipment I already have and just playing those for free when the mood takes me, but I tend to only play one game at a time, which for several years now, first on the Xbox then the last 5 or so years on PC has been WOT. So its unlikely other than out of curiosity to see what new things they have done to wallet gouge their customers and drive them away I guess

Or maybe if the Xbox version hasn't gone the same way I might go back to that which still had 3 years premium on it when I checked a year or so ago

Either way, I cant see a future with the PC version of WOT anymore and was just curious how many others saw the equipment 2.0 farce, realised WG has been lying about it  right to their faces and felt similar?

Sorry for the long diatribe,  but I have/do genuinely love playing WOT on the PC, but this is pretty much the final straw for me with the combined insult of the bounty equipment I have spend hundreds of hours earning and the equipment 2.0 changes that NOBODY wanted and which impacts new players and those with hundreds of tanks in their garage in a very negative way especially with the removal of the three free to move pieces of equipment

This isnt a game by and for gamers, this is just greed, nothing more

Edited by Mikanoid, 01 August 2020 - 04:33 AM.

Mikanoid #2 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7771 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

I have to admit, actually writing that out felt quite cathartic lol

I sat back with a cuppa (I'm british), and realised that now I ONLY need to play one more week of frontline/steel whatever EVER AGAIN to get the last coin for my other account to get the reward tank as I missed a coin, as those were soul destroying as I work 7 days a week and lost a LOT of sleep during frontline weeks over the last couple of years

I dont need to waste any more time on ranked battles

I can use the money from my tech slush fund that used to go on WOT each month to upgrade my "aging" Threadripper 1950 and Threadripper1920 game streaming servers to the new Ryzen 3 version of the threadripper when it launches

And I can take the time to play through the newly upgraded remake of Command and Conquer I bought a few months ago

And whereas I do my daily and premium account missions on both accounts pretty much every day and try to complete each and every TOTT event and most other events such as the car one. tank marathons and the first 50 levels of the battle pass theres literally no reason to any more

It feels quite liberating which is surprising, like a weight I hadnt even realised was there lifted from my shoulders if that makes sense to anyone lol

Balc0ra #3 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78197 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Less equipment used? Depends on how you look at it. As you said you own 700 tanks. Look at it from a new players perspective that owns 10 tanks. Considering binocs now cost 500K even on a tier 1. New players see it as a luxury item, and then have to share one once they get it between several tanks. Or hold off buying one, as then they can't afford the tier 5 they just unlocked if they do get it. Next patch, they can buy 1 of them for 10x less price, and can buy it on all their grinds with no need to move them around. And still be able to afford that new tier 5 once they get it. I see that as a bonus, and a step in the right direction on making it new player friendly by reducing some of the early gaps vs someone like you with 700 tanks and enough to go around. 

But I also don't have 700 tanks. I have around 250. And on tier 8+ I hardly have movable equipment as is. As I hardly use binocs over optics there. And not many have camo net over other benefits for my style. Heck I hardly use the toolbox. But the new version of it with more benefits might see more usage. Even if it's locked to a tank. So I'm not frustrated the same way. 

Either way, the game is still better then it was 5 years ago. I hated way more about the game then, and was close to leaving several times until the good changes came. 3-5-7 was one of them. 

Overall I see most of the changes as a good thing. I said most. Bond and improved equipment is still better vs the original even in a boosted slot. But bond equipment doesn't get the same boost on the last CT version.  

Mikanoid #4 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7771 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 August 2020 - 04:36 AM, said:

Less equipment used? Depends on how you look at it. As you said you own 700 tanks. Look at it from a new players perspective that owns 10 tanks. Considering binocs now cost 500K even on a tier 1. New players see it as a luxury item, and then have to share one once they get it between several tanks. Or hold off buying one, as then they can't afford the tier 5 they just unlocked if they do get it. Next patch, they can buy 1 of them for 10x less price, and can buy it on all their grinds with no need to move them around. And still be able to afford that new tier 5 once they get it. I see that as a bonus, and a step in the right direction on making it new player friendly by reducing some of the early gaps vs someone like you with 700 tanks and enough to go around. 

But I also don't have 700 tanks. I have around 250. And on tier 8+ I hardly have movable equipment as is. As I hardly use binocs over optics there. And not many have camo net over other benefits for my style. Heck I hardly use the toolbox. But the new version of it with more benefits might see more usage. Even if it's locked to a tank. So I'm not frustrated the same way. 

Either way, the game is still better then it was 5 years ago. I hated way more about the game then, and was close to leaving several times until the good changes came. 3-5-7 was one of them. 

Overall I see most of the changes as a good thing. I said most. Bond and improved equipment is still better vs the original even in a boosted slot. But bond equipment doesn't get the same boost on the last CT version.  

have you seen how many lines there are?

I have maybe 20 of each of the free to move pieces of equipment which service maybe 150 tanks which is often 2 or 3 of those items being used with perhaps vents on lower tier premiums

if I am training a new crew or have moved them to a new tank on some nations I move them through maybe as many as 7 or 8 premiums at different levels many of which will be using cammo or binos depending on the tank class with others maybe using the toolbox too

But the fact remains that they could  have JUST introduced the new equipment IF they genuinely thought a lack of variety was the reason equipment was underused

If they REALLY wanted to fix it then the OBVIOUS solution was to have 10 golds worth of silver as a way to demount it or make it so you only lost 10% if you sold it

But this clearly isnt about underuse at all, its just about getting people to buy gold, nothing more, which with rapidly declining player numbers was probably to be expected that they would try to find new ways to wallet gouge instead of actually trying to make the game retain players in greater numbers and also as with what I suspect is quite a few other customers I am just getting sick of the blatant lies time after time

Also many often point out, even WG if I remember correctly that the game NEEDS its free to play players to make the game sustainable, and for them the free to move equipment was the ONLY option when working up through the tiers that was actually viable

But maybe the idea is to move from the current model to an even more heavily micro transaction driven one which is fine as its their choice, but I suspect it will be the final nail in the coffin for many of the long term players with hundreds of tanks and like myself more than one account

The loss of the free to move equipment will 100% stop me spending another dime on the game without any shadow of a doubt, whether the game remains playable or worth bothering with at all after that I will have to see when my gold runs out

But events like the christmas event where I didnt want to spend the time and completed them with the large boxes on both accounts certainly wont be getting a look in this year and I definitely wont be buying any more premium tanks not even the BIA crew ones which I buy over and over again so I have full  BIA crews for all tank lines and tanks I keep playing when I have moved past them, I will just use the gold I have to make more commanders from the ones I already have

Also why do so many "improvements" also have something negative hidden amongst them?

There is literally no reason they couldnt have made all the OTHER changes but still left basic equipment as free to move, there is no reason to remove the equipment slots from low  tiered vehicles, because it wont stop stat padders and seal clubbers, in fact if anything as they will often be using 4, 5 or more skilled crews to do it will give them MORE of an advantage not less as losing the ability to use equipment wont enhance their vehicles admittedly, but a 5 skill crew vs a 100% no skill crew still leaves them a huge advantage and one the new player cant even  try to overcome with faster repairs, improved view range when stationary nor better cammo now

So as I said an ACTUAL solution is to have new or bad players in a separate game queue until tier 6 or 7, let them cut their teeth against similarly skilled players, let them try out the basic equipment as they can now but without seal clubbers and stat padders driving them away, which would have been by far the more  obvious AND more effective solution to the problem and would have ACTUALLY fixed it, which the current alternative absolutely wont do in the slightest

Edited by Mikanoid, 01 August 2020 - 05:27 AM.

OniichanSenpai #5 Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3331 battles
You want some cheese with your whine?

Mikanoid #6 Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7771 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 01 August 2020 - 05:23 AM, said:

You want some cheese with your whine?

Not Brie though, it makes me think larson and then I want to vomit :)

04:33 Added after 4 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 August 2020 - 04:36 AM, said:

Also you dont seem to have looked at the changes very closely

CLASS 3 binos are a 10th, class 1 are 100k more, had they made them 50k across the board BECAUSE you cant move  them for free AND done the same with the other two then you might have had a point, but its not the case, so you dont really

Edited by Mikanoid, 01 August 2020 - 05:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users