Gold Spamming

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

fredo_k #1 Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37813 battles
The amount of gold spammer in this game is a total joke. WG doesn’t even do anything about it. Makes a mockery of armoured vehicles. Stop fixing stuff that were not broken in the first place like equipment and start doing something about gold spamming. Players have asked for this for years. 

Black__Jack #2 Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:08 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 10156 battles
Yeah, amen to that. Its the biggest step down in years and pardon my french - its so [edited]annoying. Everyone, every shitty damn tank shoots Gold ammo... why even bother playing with standard ammo? No need to aim at any weakzones just spam Gold Ammo...but Fredo, you will only get replies like "stop crying" as usual from all the Gold chicken players.

Edited by Black__Jack, 01 August 2020 - 10:27 AM.

p6kk #3 Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27659 battles
Gold spammers take away any interest in playing this game. They make the game silly and stupid.

LZ_Mordan #4 Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21923 battles

gold spam = easiest way to win.

difference between no pen and pen is huge and makes up for snow ball games..

its funny how Frontlines is so much more enjoyable because in that mode,, nobody cares to spam gold and you will only get a gold shell once one is really needed.

Flavortown #5 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17841 battles
  • [LIDL] LIDL
Have you tried not sitting out in the open? i heard that does wonders to combat against "gold spam"

Isharial #6 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27503 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postfredo_k, on 01 August 2020 - 09:59 AM, said:

The amount of gold spammer in this game is a total joke. WG doesn’t even do anything about it. Makes a mockery of armoured vehicles. Stop fixing stuff that were not broken in the first place like equipment and start doing something about gold spamming. Players have asked for this for years. 

have fun with a Type 58 then mate, with its massive 126mm pen... struggles even in full T6 battles

"Makes a mockery of armoured vehicles"? so why does Maus, T95 etc.. do so well at blocking? Even my M4 51 I managed to block 1300 dpg on average... how much more do you actually expect? 2/3rd's of its Hitpoints is not enough?

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 01 August 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

gold spam = easiest way to win.

difference between no pen and pen is huge and makes up for snow ball games..

its funny how Frontlines is so much more enjoyable because in that mode,, nobody cares to spam gold and you will only get a gold shell once one is really needed.

I wonder why? its not because armoured vehicles are pointless and far too slow in such a mode and so everyone chooses Progetto's and EBR's? no no, ofcourse not :facepalm:

that's about as close a comparison as you can get given frontlines is 1 tier only but:

little premium ammo fired in frontlines - loads fired in randoms (given you suggest single full T8 battles is still full of "gold")

whats the cause, if the only thing removed is a vast majority of heavy tanks? I know! its the RHM b WT! we'll blame that and arty? :facepalm:

sarcasm aside, the overbuffing of armour is whats causing the premium spam. stupidly done tanks that force you to confront them frontally, while their team hammer you away. there's little room to flank them in a corridor and little choice on the maps we have either. 

premium spam is just the bandaid on the problem, not a reason to buff armour further - that will only cause yet more gold spam.

The_Naa #7 Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:54 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12968 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

oh yes, let me take the Best AP pen in the game and lets compare that to a hulldown IS-7.

Spoiler

yep, seems balanced. nothing wrong with that. i too like tanks that have god mode on because they decided to go hulldwon, you know the thing that is easy to do because every map has some hulldown positions.

but i have a insta fix to this situation.

2 in fact.

First and fastest solution.

Load gold.

Spoiler

or even better and one that works for every tank, as you can not expect everyone to have 420mm HEAT shells unelss WG buffs all the tanks Penetration values as theu should.

the nro 2 solution is adding cupolas. with max 50mm of armour.

Spoiler

and im not talking about Defender sized cupolas, no.

i am talking about 59-Patton sized cupolas.

Armor is a broken consept and should be nerfed.

Edited by The_Naa, 01 August 2020 - 03:55 PM.

Robbie_T #8 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23010 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

No problem with gold even yesterday i got some steel  walls.

Most of yall are just standing still keep moving forward and backwards when getting aimed on by the enemy.

p6kk #9 Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27659 battles
i think, every day leave 100 player's this game because so many players spam gold. they never come back. amazing, t10 tank player spam gold to t8 tank players. this game is so weird and dies out, only gold spammers remain

The_Naa #10 Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12968 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

its the ''weapon pull'' if this ammo type is more effective than this ammo type, players are more likely to use it.

why?

because we want to win. i will throw all my ''Special ammo'' Gold at the enemy if i want/need it to win.

im not going to spare few extra credits just because ''oh wait i dont need this high pen for that tank, please wait while i reload my gun'' even douple clicking takes that few extra milliseconds to do and that matters.

even the shell velocity matters. i dont want the enemy get any chances to get the ''Eye for an eye'' award. if the shell connects faster it means he has that few frames less to fire his gun that means i win and you lose, good day sir.

HEAT has the added benefit of ignoring armour angling, so you cant pull a weird angle against my gun to hope i bounce, nah i load HEAT cuz that has higer chance to ignore your armour angling and killing you so therefor i win and you lose, good day sir.

if i know you are paper tank and i have normal/gold HE or HESH i will load that to penetrate your tank and absolutley destroy you therefor i win and you lose, good day sir.

AP has no real benefits to it so its not even worth using all the time, only if you have HEAT or HE and you need to shoot trough a wall or a car you need AP to connect, but other than that its useless.
i will not throw away my chances of winning just because i did not want to spend few credits to kill you better.

spamming gold is tryharding and its good, i wish more people would do that because i dont want to lose a game because my team mate was too cheap to shoot Gold to win that engagement.

Spoiler

Ryuuteimaru #11 Posted 03 August 2020 - 05:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1415 battles

View PostIsharial, on 01 August 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

have fun with a Type 58 then mate, with its massive 126mm pen... struggles even in full T6 battles.

Frankly if you have problems with 128mm pen in a T6 game the problem is you not the gun, that pen is enough to pen just about every T6 frontally without much trouble in fact the only tanks I can think that you would need more to  reliably pen are the Sherman jumbo, Churchill, AT-8 and O-I, so like 4 out of what 70-80 T6 tanks you can't pen whoppie do gotta spam the I win button.

OH BTW games pay to win so what do you expect.

Edited by Ryuuteimaru, 03 August 2020 - 05:14 AM.

StronkiTonki #12 Posted 03 August 2020 - 05:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36501 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

It's why I mostly play meds that don't really have to rely on armor.

Heavies are too inconsistent because you can only rely on your armor against opponents that don't spam gold.

Pitulusu #13 Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10678 battles
gold ammo make HT useless, gold is p2w mode of wargaming and they are happy with this, but this make ftp players to stop playing. i can't afford more than 4-6 gold shells(which i rarely use) so i had a good lough seeing quickbaby loading like 20+ gold ammo on a ftp account, that made my day! How will you afford new tanks if you spam gold every battle? i have so many tanks researched, but no money to buy them!

trispect #14 Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 37012 battles
  • [F2PAY] F2PAY

View PostPitulusu, on 03 August 2020 - 07:21 AM, said:

gold ammo make HT useless, gold is p2w mode of wargaming and they are happy with this, but this make ftp players to stop playing. i can't afford more than 4-6 gold shells(which i rarely use) so i had a good lough seeing quickbaby loading like 20+ gold ammo on a ftp account, that made my day! How will you afford new tanks if you spam gold every battle? i have so many tanks researched, but no money to buy them!

Maybe try to learn to use the armor effectively? Always try to cover your weakspots, angling your armor and even though you have more armor it doesn't mean that you should expose yourself unnecessarily. 

Gwynbleidd11 #15 Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19398 battles
I absolutely agree, gold ammo should be remove completely. I have never used or going to use this ammo, otherwise the game would disbalanced completely

Frostilicus #16 Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:20 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 24598 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Could we please get a stickied thread for Premium ammo complaints? I think we've been around the buouy on this subject a few times now... 

:hiding:

Corwyn666 #17 Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10266 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View PostGwynbleidd11, on 03 August 2020 - 08:19 AM, said:

I absolutely agree, gold ammo should be remove completely. I have never used or going to use this ammo, otherwise the game would disbalanced completely

If you remove gold ammo completely then 279e/Chieftain/Maus and many more tanks are just unkillable, sometimes it is the only difference between pen and no pen (yeah, different angle, weak spot yadda yadda).  My main issue is when you get t10 tanks shooting at paper tanks at t8 with freakin' gold.  What's the point?  Gold is sometimes necessary (like using APCR for the shell velocity) but the amound of gold spam these days (all tiers, not just 10) is just ludicrous.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37593 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostPitulusu, on 03 August 2020 - 06:21 AM, said:

i can't afford more than 4-6 gold shells(which i rarely use) so i had a good lough seeing quickbaby loading like 20+ gold ammo on a ftp account, that made my day! How will you afford new tanks if you spam gold every battle?

So what, does he fire all those 20+ shells? No, so what does it matter?

Gwynbleidd11 #19 Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:48 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19398 battles

View PostCorwyn666, on 03 August 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

If you remove gold ammo completely then 279e/Chieftain/Maus and many more tanks are just unkillable, sometimes it is the only difference between pen and no pen (yeah, different angle, weak spot yadda yadda).  My main issue is when you get t10 tanks shooting at paper tanks at t8 with freakin' gold.  What's the point?  Gold is sometimes necessary (like using APCR for the shell velocity) but the amound of gold spam these days (all tiers, not just 10) is just ludicrous.

Not killable? Yesterday I was playing ranked in Maus and enemy Obj 268 4 was penetrating my turret with standart ammo two shots in a row. So why you need gold ammo in this? To penetrate even angled armor of the most armored tanks in the game? Gold ammo just kills the point of the game

Flicka #20 Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23759 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

All gameplay issue, which is just hastened by usage of gold.

Having an IS7 in a position where he is impenetrable, and only choice you have is to load gold, because if you dont that IS7 will just stay there...

Maps and lazy/poor gameplay, that is it.

Wg can change maps, but they cant get players to learn more or play better, and with the options and the gameplay we have now, I do not thing many of them would.

But the first step should be maps, we need more room to maneuver and more opportunities to make a good play.

When you can actually see proof that it is possible to play and win in this game without using gold as much as it is, you cant just blame everything on wargaming.

Players themselves need to take some of the blame also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users