Equipment 2.0 will not cost you a single credit (let alone gold)

equipment 2.0 salt whiners

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

SoupFork #21 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18404 battles

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 01 August 2020 - 10:51 AM, said:

Still it does not cost you any gold.

ok, so before it was FREE.

Now, it’s either pay 10g to demount them OR lose half the credits you spent on buying them by selling them.

please enlighten us, o wise one, which part of that is “This is now much cheaper and more feasible than it was before.”, bearing in mind, again, that the “before” was free and unrestricted swapping of camo nets, binocs and toolkits.

SovietBias #22 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:01 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 40760 battles

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 01 August 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

I am not saying that it is better. It is maybe just more consistent. I just say no one is forced to spend gold here, that is my statement.

If we are going to argue semantics, then the claim that is does not cost a single credit isn't true, is it? The cost of moving equipment between tanks without using gold or demount kits is half their price per move.

Nor is the implication that people that point out potential problems of this change can't read.

MeetriX #23 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 27809 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 01 August 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

I never said that this is cheaper, it will not cost you anything additionally

Then who wrote this "This is now much cheaper and more feasible than it was before." if it wasn't you?

FizzleMcSnizzle #24 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29370 battles
I probably move camo nets and binos between tanks at least five times a session. So about 300 gold per week that I didnt have to pay before.
Many won't bother now. Me included. I smell opportunities for pro sealclubbers to extend their advantage even further.

arthurwellsley #25 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56788 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

Why the OP is wrong and his reading comprehension is poor.

(a) Binos, camo net, and toolbox. Most players keep one single of each item and move them around for free. Example present gameplay play TD alpha and use bino. Next match play Heavy tank Beta use toolbox. Third match de-mount for free the binos from TD Alpha and place them on TD Gamma. Following match take the toolbox off Heavy tank Beta and mount it on heavy tank delta. All the movements of equipment in the above scenario are free. After the patch to move the binos from TD alpha to TD Gamma will cost the player 10g. Or the player must buy a second binos for TD Gamma. The same for the move of the toolbox from Heavy tank beta to heavy tank delta. The patch changes force players who presently only own a single set of binos and a single toolbox to either spend 10g each move or buy more toolboxes. No more garage mod that moves the single set of binos around for you.

(b) War Gaming has hard capped free removal tokens at 30 and from missions a further 20. Many old account players have 250-350 tanks in their garage. Lets say of those their 100 most used tanks each need two pieces of different equipment. War Gaming pays for the first 50 demounts and then the player will need to spend 10 gold 150 times.

(c.) In addition if the old equipment no longer fits the appropriate slots for the 100 favorite tanks the player will need to buy the newer types of equipment. Even if it is one piece for those hundred favourite tanks at about 600,000 silver that is 60 million silver for old accounts with a lot of tanks who like to play a variety of them during any week or month.

So on those three points OP you have failed to understand the message WG is sending and you have failed to understand why so many players are so upset. Just as an aside when War Gaming changed equipment in World of Warships every single piece of equipment was taken off every single ship a player owned for free and placed in the depot ready to be sold or re-used. This saved World of Warship players having to spend the gold that World of tanks will be forced to spend by point (b) above. So for World of Warships if you had 350 ships in a harbour(garage in WOT) each with 3 pieces on you had 1,050 free demounts. A player with 350 tanks and 3 pieces of equipment in each of them will get maximum 50 free demounts. Any idea now OP why you are utterly wrong and players are angry????

Edited by arthurwellsley, 01 August 2020 - 11:18 AM.

Unicorn_of_Steel #26 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21512 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

OP is right in the way that you are not obliged to demount binocs etc. for gold. You can buy that equipment for every tank you want to use it on and sell it with the tank.

So strictly looking at that tiny microscopic piece of the update he is right. In my country we call that 'performing 18+ acts on ants'....in an avoid the censor kind of wording. 

FizzleMcSnizzle #27 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29370 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 01 August 2020 - 11:14 AM, said:

Why the OP is wrong and his reading comprehension is poor.

(a) Binos, camo net, and toolbox. Most players keep one single of each item and move them around for free. Example present gameplay play TD alpha and use bino. Next match play Heavy tank Beta use toolbox. Third match de-mount for free the binos from TD Alpha and place them on TD Gamma. Following match take the toolbox off Heavy tank Beta and mount it on heavy tank delta. All the movements of equipment in the above scenario are free. After the patch to move the binos from TD alpha to TD Gamma will cost the player 10g. Or the player must buy a second binos for TD Gamma. The same for the move of the toolbox from Heavy tank beta to heavy tank delta. The patch changes force players who presently only own a single set of binos and a single toolbox to either spend 10g each move or buy more toolboxes. No more garage mod that moves the single set of binos around for you.

(b) War Gaming has hard capped free removal tokens at 30 and from missions a further 20. Many old account players have 250-350 tanks in their garage. Lets say of those their 100 most used tanks each need two pieces of different equipment. War Gaming pays for the first 50 demounts and then the player will need to spend 10 gold 150 times.

(c.) In addition if the old equipment no longer fits the appropriate slots for the 100 favorite tanks the player will need to buy the newer types of equipment. Even if it is one piece for those hundred favourite tanks at about 600,000 silver that is 60 million silver for old accounts with a lot of tanks who like to play a variety of them during any week or month.

So on those three points OP you have failed to understand the message WG is sending and you have failed to understand why so many players are so upset. Just as an aside when War gaming changed equipment in World of Warships every single piece of equipment was taken off every single ship a player owned for free and placed in the depot ready to be sold or re-used. This saved World of Warship players having to spend the gold that World of tanks will be forced to spend by point (b) above. So for Ships if you had 350 each with 3 pieces on you had 1,050 free demounts. A player with 350 tanks and 3 pieces of equipment in each of them will get maximum 50 free demounts. Any idea now OP why you are utterly wrong and players are angry????

Excellent post, but I doubt he will get past the first line before falling into a sulk and writing us off as idiots.

10:21 Added after 3 minute

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 01 August 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

OP is right in the way that you are not obliged to demount binocs etc. for gold. You can buy that equipment for every tank you want to use it on and sell it with the tank.

So strictly looking at that tiny microscopic piece of the update he is right. In my country we call that 'performing 18+ acts on ants'....in an avoid the censor kind of wording. 

granted, but in practical terms...

OniichanSenpai #28 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3343 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 01 August 2020 - 11:14 AM, said:

Any idea now OP why players are angry????

It's a game. I play it for fun and I enjoy it. :) 

I have the feeling that if it makes people rage only, why not leave it? It's bizzare that people keep playing a game they despise. I realize that this forum is more or less an echo chamber for the frustrated, but the jokes about the cocaine sniffing russian developers who dont give a crapabout their community are getting old. Equipment 2.0 is not a ripoff, and if you think so - play Fortnite or something else. Absolutely no one is forcing anyone here and yet the level of rage and whine makes you wonder if people have the wrong priorities in their life.

Again. It's a game. 

Hedgehog1963 #29 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:24 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 59249 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 01 August 2020 - 09:21 AM, said:

I never said that this is cheaper, it will not cost you anything additionally. All your Binos will be converted to Class 1 Binos which you can either use directly or sell for 300.000 which is enough to get one Class 2 and two Class 3 binos. Fun fact, if you bought your Bino for 250.000 like I did you will actually make a profit upon selling them (same goes for Coated Optics btw).

I have two sets of binos that I can use on any of my many vehicles that use them.  Now I will have to buy binos for every vehicle that needs them.  Same with camo net and tool box.

I'm not in a position to say what I'm thinking about you.

PlymArgyle1982 #30 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15955 battles

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 01 August 2020 - 09:04 AM, said:

There are so many threads about how much WG wants to screw us by making us repurchase / reequip equipment, it's just amusing how people are not able to read:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/equipment-2-0-conversion/

To address a few of the common misinformed rants:

"I will lose credits because I have to repurchase equipment that does not fit on my vehicle any longer!"

Spoiler

"I have to pay gold now to reequip Camo Net, Binos and the Box!"

Spoiler

"B-but I have a gazillion of tanks and I swap one pair of camo net and binos around them using a mod!"

Spoiler

You also have missed out that with a lot of the dismounted/converted equipment they will no longer be relevant on certain tanks; or you just don't want them on those tanks anymore. Therefore, you will be stuck with dozens of pieces of certain types of equipment (vents, optics, GLD) with no tanks to put them on, because you 'needed' to buy the new stuff to stay competitive. If you sell them, you only get half back. Therefore, you will have to grind all those credits again. Fair? Hell no. They'd need to do something drastic like remove everyone's equipment and compensate with the credit value that they paid them for; and then put on an equipment sales for a couple of months so that people can sort it all out.

Also, how is only getting 30 dismounting kits work into this? You have to pay even more credits (or grind missions) to get them to change in the first place. Double unfair.

That was a brave move to post what you did; but unfortunately, you are wrong because you have overlooked quite a few crucial parts of the changes and how they impact everything else.

Edited by PlymArgyle1982, 01 August 2020 - 11:25 AM.

MeetriX #31 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:27 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 27809 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

I have 22 sets of binocs and unknow amount of camonets.

Some of them will become useless and I will make a small profit when I sell them, but it does not mean that I am happy with it.

FizzleMcSnizzle #32 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29370 battles

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 01 August 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

I have the feeling that if it makes people rage only, why not leave it? It's bizzare that people keep playing a game they despise. I realize that this forum is more or less an echo chamber for the frustrated, but the jokes about the cocaine sniffing russian developers who dont give a crapabout their community are getting old. Equipment 2.0 is not a ripoff, and if you think so - play Fortnite or something else. Absolutely no one is forcing anyone here and yet the level of rage and whine makes you wonder if people have the wrong priorities in their life.

Again. It's a game. 

I think the implication is that people are as much angry at you for shamelessly posting misleading "facts' as they are at the game.

OniichanSenpai #33 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3343 battles

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 01 August 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

I think the implication is that people are as much angry at you for shamelessly posting misleading "facts' as they are at the game.

Again, consider taking a break. This is a game. There are other hobbies.

If you experience high blood pressure, stress, anxiety, it is a clear signal. No one forces you to play this game, not even the corrupt russian developers.

Bulldog_Drummond #34 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36555 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Very interesting and helpful responses to OP's perhaps not fully considered thoughts

It sounds as though this is going to be an absolute pain in the neck

There seems to be no advantage for players or gameplay

The sole purpose seems to be to squeeze more money out of players

Ricox #35 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:40 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1888 battles
  • [-D2S-] -D2S-

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 01 August 2020 - 10:23 AM, said:

Again. It's a game. 

Players have invested money in this game and made Wargaming into a multi-billion corporation. Players (customers) have full right to express their frustration and to make demands to Wargaming. Whether WG meets these demands or not may also influence their revenue as players may make the decisions you suggest, but it will make World of Tanks worse off and will hurt this game's longevity, which is not in the interests of anyone here.

Assuming that all people complaining must despise the game is ridiculous. People want to be treated fairly. Many of us wouldn't have spent a single cent if we had been told in advance that this is how one specific patch would turn out - with a major screw-over that completely disregards the player's interests. If they had warned of it a year in advance, then fine, they could do whatever, I'd have made my decisions regarding this game well in advance in that case and wouldn't even care to comment on forums other than to post negative feedback and leave.

FizzleMcSnizzle #36 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29370 battles

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 01 August 2020 - 11:37 AM, said:

Again, consider taking a break. This is a game. There are other hobbies.

If you experience high blood pressure, stress, anxiety, it is a clear signal. No one forces you to play this game, not even the corrupt russian developers.

Ah so now you are definitely trolling. You were caught being stupid, when you thought you were being clever, and this your response. GG, kid. I assume you must be a kid.

SoupFork #37 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18404 battles

Let me try to explain this in a more relatable way:

You have one pair of pants, one shirt and a pair of crocs. You know it’s not the best or most fashionable getup, but you can take it off at night, sleep, put it back on tomorrow and wear it any day you like.

Suddenly you are no longer allowed to take your clothes off on Monday and wear them again on Tuesday. From now on, if you wear them on a Monday, you can only ever wear them on Mondays. If you want to wear them on Tuesdays, you can either pay 10 gold bars or sell the clothes you wore on Monday for half the price you paid for them and buy new ones at full price for Tuesday. But you can only wear those on Tuesdays now. If you want to wear these on any other day, you either have to pay 10 gold bars to change the wearing date once, or sell them for half the price you bought them for and choose ONE day you can wear your new clothes on. Your only way out of this vicious circle of losing gold or money is to buy one set of clothes for every day now. But you still can only wear them on one set day each.  

Now, according to your logic, this new system doesn’t cost you any money and is not worse than the previous system because you can simply wear your clothes on Monday and go naked the rest of the week.

arthurwellsley #38 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56788 battles
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 01 August 2020 - 10:23 AM, said:

Again. It's a game. 

maybe next time when you are presented with facts that clearly refute your primary posting apologise for your errors rather than attacking all and sundry.

You are correct it is only a game. I am mildly upset with War Gaming because when equipment changed in World of Warships they did the right thing, and when they changed equipment in World of Tanks they did the wrong thing.

I am slightly more irritated by your posts because (a) your first one was plainly wrong and misinformative, and (b) your second one fails to acknowledge your failings and apologise for them. Having said that you are a faceless avatar on the internet and I will not be overly bothered by your failings.

My posts on this subject (equipment 2.0) are more in sad resignation than anger. I like this game, I enjoy playing it. I just wish War Gaming would be a little more thoughtful. I hope that the RU forums where they actually listen to the players give them some feedback about equipment 2.0 decisions and War Gaming listen to their largest and most important audience.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 01 August 2020 - 11:46 AM.

baratoz1701 #39 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28308 battles
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ
rerolls be trolling....... nothing new

Knuddelwolf #40 Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15571 battles
  • [WEGER] WEGER

Guys, OP made this exact same topic on the german forum as well - and they're tearing him a new one over there as well.

OP, what made you think that what you're saying is so unbelievably smart/clever/correct that you had to post it over several forums? You're clearly wrong, even an idiot can see that and your only defense is "Lol it's a game, chill out!" and riding semantics like "No one forces you to spend gold, right?"

The fact that you now need gold to dismount equipment that you could dismount for free earlier is a slap in the face for the players and a cheap quick cashgrab on WGs part.

I freely admit that this system will not really tangent me. Each of my artillery tanks (I know, I know... "Wah Wah, dirty clicker!" ) already has its own camo net, GLD and rammer (cost me a lot of credits, but whatever) - and that is unlikely to change, since there is nothing better (well, MAYBE that aiming unit, IF it works on arty). And my tier 2 and 3 artys, I rarely use, so the changes don't really matter.

Also tagged with equipment 2.0, salt, whiners

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users