Please calculate how much Equipment 2.0 will cost you purely for camo, binocs, toolkits...

Equipment 2.0 Binocs binoculars camo net toolbox

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Homer_J #81 Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:40 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPitulusu, on 04 August 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

Let me show you simple fact. For every tank i will buy from today on, if i will install like previous 1 camo, 1 bino, 1 repair kit i will lose minimum 250k when i sell that tank(i don't have gold)... not talking that i was using some tanks only for few battles until the research of the higher ones! till today i had 0 costs for that.

Well, ignoring the fact that there is no repair kit any more, and assuming there will still be 50% discounts, then if you play savvy, buy equipment on discount, sell it with the tank when it isn't, then each piece of equipment costs you nothing.  And you can put something useful on instead of camo net on your heavy tank.

shoot4fun #82 Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30139 battles

View PostSoupFork, on 01 August 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

Total cost for maintaining my current setups: 14.950.000.

I urge you to do the same so you’re fully aware of the true cost to your account of ending the free demounting of Binocs, camo nets and toolboxes. Also bear in mind that you won’t be able to use these to cheaply ease (stock) grinds anymore.

I am experiencing the same problem...

I share my bino,camo and toolbox accross all my tanks...  In order to use them again I have to spend 16.000.000 

And what I found even more problematic is that those equipment are now fixed mounted on the tanks I used last time, and to demount it costs 10 gold 

I would have liked to have those 'free' equipment demounted by them self, so I could place them on the few tanks I select.

Equipment 2.0 is just a money drain.

tajj7 #83 Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30473 battles

View Postgrasho, on 04 August 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

I had 19.5m worth of equipment removed from my tier 2 and 3 tanks (I have 240 tanks in total, all tiers).

This will never be used again, so I have a choice between wasting 19.5m silver, or selling all that equipment for 11.4m (after it was upgraded).

That represents a 7.1m loss.

I won’t make a profit on selling tier 4 - 7 equipment as anything I demount and sell will give me the silver needed to buy new class 2 equipment.

Reequipping my tier 8-10 tanks will be the biggie as I will now lose 300k with every change.

Apparently, this will make the game better for me.:facepalm:

:facepalm:

The removed equipment has a higher sell price than the equipment you need to buy to replace it, so no you don't lose 7.1m, because you never had it. 20m worth of equipment could only ever be sold for 10m, you lost that 10m the minute you decided to buy equipment with your credits. 

If you have a tier 6 medium with optics, and they have removed its optics, then sell those optics, buy the class 2 optics, you have a tier 6 medium with optics and you will also have an extra 100k credits.

I really don't get how this is so hard for everyone. 

FatigueGalaxy #84 Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24395 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

So far my current balance is around +3.000.000 credits after removing (for free) higher class equipment and buying new lower class and fitting it in. But I don't own many low tier tanks and I didn't sell most of removed equipment (I left all vents and optics, sold mostly GLDs).

Tbh, I probably should wait for equipment discount for fit my low tier tanks since I don't play them that often but I just couldn't bother.

Pitulusu #85 Posted 04 August 2020 - 07:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10678 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 04 August 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

Well, ignoring the fact that there is no repair kit any more, and assuming there will still be 50% discounts, then if you play savvy, buy equipment on discount, sell it with the tank when it isn't, then each piece of equipment costs you nothing.  And you can put something useful on instead of camo net on your heavy tank.

how many time should i say that i'm talking about every tree tank which i don't have now and for which i will be forced to buy non removable equipment while before i didn't bought anything for them, just using removable? Tier 4-5-6-7 before, cost me 0, now will cost me some hundred thousands per tank... My T37 now stands in garage because i don't have bino for spotting with it and i have already researched it half way and i don't want to spend money just for few days till finish next tank research. same with new mediums from Poland, it's laughable how bad they are without equipment!

PowJay #86 Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43570 battles
All this calculating how much you lose selling a 500,000 credit piece of equipment! I bought nearly all of mine half price. :trollface:

Homer_J #87 Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:32 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPitulusu, on 04 August 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

how many time should i say that i'm talking about every tree tank which i don't have now and for which i will be forced to buy non removable equipment while before i didn't bought anything for them, just using removable? Tier 4-5-6-7 before, cost me 0, now will cost me some hundred thousands per tank...

So those camo net, binoculars, and toolboxes were free?

You could have had complex equipment for less than you spent on the removable equipment if you had just put a little effort in.

Yes you will have to pay for each piece of equipment but if you can buy them half price you will get all those credits back.

Avenger_GB #88 Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39367 battles
  • [OAP] OAP

Homer. when in a hole, stop digging.  Sorry you feel obliged to defend WG's crap, but you are losing the argument.  The update is crap and costs people a stack of silver just to stand still.

Mikanoid #89 Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7743 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

View Postshoot4fun, on 04 August 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

I am experiencing the same problem...

I share my bino,camo and toolbox accross all my tanks...  In order to use them again I have to spend 16.000.000 

And what I found even more problematic is that those equipment are now fixed mounted on the tanks I used last time, and to demount it costs 10 gold 

I would have liked to have those 'free' equipment demounted by them self, so I could place them on the few tanks I select.

Equipment 2.0 is just a money drain.

This also doesnt take into account that before you could kit a tank out at tier 5 then use gold to move the same equipment through the rest of the line and leave it on the tier 10

Now you will have to change that equipment as many as 3 times going up the line resulting in either 9x losing half the cost of the equipment combined with the cost of buying 9 pieces to grind the same tank line

Multiply that by how many tanks lines there are its going to be a few more 10s of millions

I suspect WG just assumes everyone will be buying bundles or using gold to convert into silver, me personally I have so far opted out of buying 2 tank bundles for just under a tenner 2 more for just over £21 and have cancelled both of my twitch prime accounts as it was the only reason I had amazon prime in the first place

I'll be keeping a note of every penny I will be saving because off Equipment 2.0 

So far I am at

2x £9.89 (cromwell B) for the BIA crews

2x £21.98 (Strv M/42) for the silver boosters

2x Amazon  prime £7.99

And I normally buy all three of the x5 booster packs for each account because of how much time they save when grinding TOTT tanks and wont be bothering with the TOTT events now because of how much extra silver they will take

So over the next week that adds up to an additional 

2x £8.55 (25)

2x £17.09 (50)

2x £21.35 (75)

4x £8.55 (TOTT bundle prices, 2x TOTT x 2 accounts)

So so far in less than 24 hours from equipment 2.0 being introduced WG has talked themselves out of £191.92 just from one customer

I would suggest everyone who is annoyed about the implementation of equipment 2.0 does the same thing, if you keep spending money with them they will keep pulling crap like this

Next we will probably be seeing gold to remove cammo, more gold to remove equipment the higher the tier and endless other nonsense they THINK will increase their income

The only way it stops is by showing them it WILL have the exact opposite result

20:44 Added after 4 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 04 August 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

So those camo net, binoculars, and toolboxes were free?

You could have had complex equipment for less than you spent on the removable equipment if you had just put a little effort in.

Yes you will have to pay for each piece of equipment but if you can buy them half price you will get all those credits back.

Which STILL costs him 100s of thousands of silver PER tank line by losing half their value when he sells them as saies are rare, but unlocking new tanks ISNT

As opposed to not spending ANYTHING across unlimited tank lines affer the initial purchase that could ALSO be made during a sale

I dont think for one minute you dont realise what you are saying doesnt hold up to scrutiny, so it does cast doubt on exactly why you would keep posting the utterly non factual nonsense over and over again other than you being a moderator to be quite honest

Which makes it the least important POV on the entire topic right there

20:47 Added after 8 minute

View PostPowJay, on 04 August 2020 - 08:32 PM, said:

All this calculating how much you lose selling a 500,000 credit piece of equipment! I bought nearly all of mine half price. :trollface:

Try actually reading the complaints then

Because that "math" doesnt hold up for the HUNDREDS of pieces of equipment many will need to take the place of cammo, binos and toolbox which serviced those HUNDREDS of tanks for free and where many of which were also bought at half price to begin with

But getting half of the value back from a few dozen pieces of equipment does not even come close to then having enough to literally buy HUNDREDS of pieces of equipment at FULL price and with many also costing 100k more than the piece they take the place of because the vehicle needs class 1

Edited by Mikanoid, 04 August 2020 - 09:39 PM.

Homer_J #90 Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:05 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMikanoid, on 04 August 2020 - 09:39 PM, said:

Which STILL costs him 100s of thousands of silver PER tank line by losing half their value when he sells them as saies are rare, but unlocking new tanks ISNT

Rare?  They used to happen about once a month.

If you were organised you bought everything you were likely to need.  You could safely spend all of your spare credits because as soon as the sale ended you could sell them back without losing anything.

Then when you bought a tank the equipment was sat there in your depot waiting for it.

And when you sold the tank you sold the equipment and had the credits waiting for the next equipment sale.

Now it may be that we won't see 50% sales again but if we do then you will be able to do the same.

Mikanoid #91 Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7743 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

View Posttajj7, on 04 August 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

:facepalm:

The removed equipment has a higher sell price than the equipment you need to buy to replace it, so no you don't lose 7.1m, because you never had it. 20m worth of equipment could only ever be sold for 10m, you lost that 10m the minute you decided to buy equipment with your credits. 

If you have a tier 6 medium with optics, and they have removed its optics, then sell those optics, buy the class 2 optics, you have a tier 6 medium with optics and you will also have an extra 100k credits.

I really don't get how this is so hard for everyone. 

Except you COULD then move those same optics to the rest of the tiers as you grind you way up the line, so the SAME optics would carry you from tier 2 to tier 10 for the one off purchase so you NEVER lost the money you spent EVER 

Now you will need to either buy 3 pieces of equipment OR sell two of them and lose silver doing so

21:19 Added after 3 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 04 August 2020 - 10:05 PM, said:

Rare?  They used to happen about once a month.

If you were organised you bought everything you were likely to need.  You could safely spend all of your spare credits because as soon as the sale ended you could sell them back without losing anything.

Then when you bought a tank the equipment was sat there in your depot waiting for it.

And when you sold the tank you sold the equipment and had the credits waiting for the next equipment sale.

Now it may be that we won't see 50% sales again but if we do then you will be able to do the same.

Lol, literally NONE of that makes sense except for a very small group of people with huge excesses of silver

Whereas right now one piece of equipment bought for the tier 2 tank in a line services the entire line right up to tier 10 with no extra cost at all, now you will need to buy 2 or 3 pieces PER LINE to accomplish the same thing across what? 40 or 50 lines?

PowJay #92 Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43570 battles

View PostMikanoid, on 04 August 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

20:47 Added after 8 minute

Try actually reading the complaints then

Because that "math" doesnt hold up for the HUNDREDS of pieces of equipment many will need to take the place of cammo, binos and toolbox which serviced those HUNDREDS of tanks for free and where many of which were also bought at half price to begin with

But getting half of the value back from a few dozen pieces of equipment does not even come close to then having enough to literally buy HUNDREDS of pieces of equipment at FULL price and with many also costing 100k more than the piece they take the place of because the vehicle needs class 1

It was a tongue in cheek response to the complaints and highlights the importance of managing your budget with both short and long-term effects in mind. 

I haven't even begun to calculate the impact of this change. For the most part, all I can see at the moment is a few dozen pieces of equipment hanging around my depot having been taken off ALL of my Premium gift tanks at tier II and many of my favourite tier III and IV vehicles. 

I am not selling them or using them yet. I will 1. wait for the dust to settle and go through this automatic removal phase with the next patch and/or 2. Do each vehicle as and when I come to play it and not before. 

I am fortunate that I have NO new grinder vehicles and millions of credits in the bank. In the first instance, the thing I am most annoyed about is simply the hassle and even MORE change that affects favourite vehicles once more. Only time will tell how I have come out of this financially and with regard to my vehicle's performance.

tickerag26 #93 Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18104 battles
  • [SPDIV] SPDIV
Where do you begin on this Equipment topic? I personally don't see the need for it and I feel annoyed seeing as the game has been enjoyable for a long period of time, until the clown cars were introduced, which in my view have really damaged WOT. Its more frustrating to play now than enjoyable. It has to be competitive, I get that or it wouldn't be a challenge. Equipment though, why change it? Is this solely for new players, is that WG's repsonse to encourage more players to the game at the expense of the current player base. Some people at WG need to think long and hard at their decisions and please, do the research in the right areas, as to the area where you are examining WOT at the moment is in my view, giving you false positives. WG do try to explain the changes in advance and that is a good thing, but when you total up all the changes in the past couple of years, daily mission briefings, additional news, more tanks on sale and so on, it all gets a bit 'War and Peace' to understand what is currently going on, when you simply want to logon and have a few enjoyable games. Of course we all like free stuff. The missions are very expansive these days, nothing like years ago where there was nothing until a special event or such like. I will just have to play the game without this equipment thing as I seriously am not going to take the time or expense to requip every single tank I have after taking so long and expense in this game to get it as to how I wanted my tanks setup. Totally disheartened and dissapointed.

Blubba #94 Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:49 AM

Major

• Player
  • 64099 battles

So just so I understand this, some have lost something on having a single set of modules that can no longer be used on multiple tanks so have to now buy multiple modules rather than 1 set that fits all. Also that these same modules were future proofed in that you could carry them all the way up through the progression of a tank line, from tier 1 through to 10 so have lost the opportunity to save silver in the future

I guess it's just WG trying to close what they see as loop holes in their system for what is probably a minority. Maybe they didn't foresee a program that could move your modules around so easily so thought you'd buy the modules anyway. Yes it's a shame and I did quite like the idea of them. Gave me something to throw on a new tank instantly without having to save up for the exact right modules for it.

The thing is, I sort of like the changes over all too or at least the idea behind them.

At least the only disadvantage is time, which maybe too much for some I guess.

Assuming that you could have a do-over, what would you do knowing that these things would be removed?

How would you go about it?

tajj7 #95 Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30473 battles

View PostMikanoid, on 04 August 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

Except you COULD then move those same optics to the rest of the tiers as you grind you way up the line, so the SAME optics would carry you from tier 2 to tier 10 for the one off purchase so you NEVER lost the money you spent EVER 

Now you will need to either buy 3 pieces of equipment OR sell two of them and lose silver doing so

21:19 Added after 3 minute

Lol, literally NONE of that makes sense except for a very small group of people with huge excesses of silver

Whereas right now one piece of equipment bought for the tier 2 tank in a line services the entire line right up to tier 10 with no extra cost at all, now you will need to buy 2 or 3 pieces PER LINE to accomplish the same thing across what? 40 or 50 lines?

Seriously the amount of straws people are clasping to find faults at this is just hilarious.

That is probably one of the dumbest complaints I have ever seen, so instead of new players forking out 500k credits to put optics on a lower tier tank (and the GOLD to move it up to every tank, gold that many players don't actually have by the way), you are now complaining that letting them put a 100k credit optics on there tanks is a bad thing?

You get that the changes yeh are BETTER for newer players grinding up the line, because they can more afford to put equipment on their tanks and can then decide to buy more expensive equipment higher up the tiers when they get there.

Seriously the dumb comments in this thread just show its pointless WG doing anything because this whingey playerbase will complain about every little minor thing. 

Oh and all these people using so many binos and camo nets, learn to put better equipment on your tanks, no wonder players are so bad if half their tanks have useless camo nets on them. 

View Posttickerag26, on 05 August 2020 - 07:55 AM, said:

Where do you begin on this Equipment topic? I personally don't see the need for it and I feel annoyed seeing as the game has been enjoyable for a long period of time, until the clown cars were introduced, which in my view have really damaged WOT. Its more frustrating to play now than enjoyable. It has to be competitive, I get that or it wouldn't be a challenge. Equipment though, why change it? Is this solely for new players, is that WG's repsonse to encourage more players to the game at the expense of the current player base. Some people at WG need to think long and hard at their decisions and please, do the research in the right areas, as to the area where you are examining WOT at the moment is in my view, giving you false positives. WG do try to explain the changes in advance and that is a good thing, but when you total up all the changes in the past couple of years, daily mission briefings, additional news, more tanks on sale and so on, it all gets a bit 'War and Peace' to understand what is currently going on, when you simply want to logon and have a few enjoyable games. Of course we all like free stuff. The missions are very expansive these days, nothing like years ago where there was nothing until a special event or such like. I will just have to play the game without this equipment thing as I seriously am not going to take the time or expense to requip every single tank I have after taking so long and expense in this game to get it as to how I wanted my tanks setup. Totally disheartened and dissapointed.

1. Equipment has been stale and need of a change for years so players actually have OPTIONS, not the same 3/4 pieces of equipment on every tank.

2. You do not need to change anything, no one is forcing you and all your previous pieces of equipment are perfectly fine and in many cases will still be the best set up for the tank. 

3. Just because you can't be bothered to learn and read things is not a good reason not to have new things or changes in the game.

DiMtopia #96 Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17000 battles

View PostOreH75, on 02 August 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

I don't care., got 63M at the moment and loads of equipment because of not using mods and too lazy to move equipment around..just pay or take the consequences freeloaders.

the government passed a bill where all citizens must pay 1M per year simply for breathing, thus literally bankrupting 99% of the population. but jeff bezos came and said "i don't care, i got billions, just pay or take the consequences freeloaders". so i guess everything is fine now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users