• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

splash_time #1 Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17511 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hello fellas,

I've noticed recently that WG is trying to balance the tanks in a way, either reward tank, or either tech tree tank.

Here are some examples:

• ST-II
  • 60TP
  • UDES 15/16
  • Leopard 1 (after the buffs)
  • Obj 780 (the new TX Russian HT)
  • The brand new CS 63 
  • Concept 1B

And some other tanks. So, what's being balanced about these vehicles, they don't have any penetration values that are higher than 330 mm.

Even the Leopard 1 after the buffs, it's penetration was decreased down to 323 APCR instead of retaining it's 330 HEAT penetration. 

If a tank has less than 330 mm of penetration, it can't penetrate all the armours reliably, like, an angled Maus against 340 HEAT, it can't block any damage easily, but against 310 HEAT rounds, it's still can block damage. 

So, my idea is, is this WG's plan? To lower the penetration of some tanks to a point where armour can actually work? Instead of lowering the special rounds DPM and etc? 

What you think guys? Does it make any sense? Or is it me imagining?

Bordhaw #2 Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16533 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 01 August 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

And some other tanks. So, what's being balanced about these vehicles, they don't have any penetration values that are higher than 330 mm.

Nah they just doing the "easy" solution tanks.

24doom24 #3 Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9603 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View Postsplash_time, on 01 August 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

Hello fellas,

I've noticed recently that WG is trying to balance the tanks in a way, either reward tank, or either tech tree tank.

Here are some examples:

• ST-II
  • 60TP
  • UDES 15/16
  • Leopard 1 (after the buffs)
  • Obj 780 (the new TX Russian HT)
  • The brand new CS 63 
  • Concept 1B

Even the Leopard 1 after the buffs, it's penetration was decreased down to 323 APCR instead of retaining it's 330 HEAT penetration. 

If a tank has less than 330 mm of penetration, it can't penetrate all the armours reliably, like, an angled Maus against 340 HEAT, it can't block any damage easily, but against 310 HEAT rounds, it's still can block damage. 

So, my idea is, is this WG's plan? To lower the penetration of some tanks to a point where armour can actually work? Instead of lowering the special rounds DPM and etc? 

Isn't the whole thing about premium ammo is that it makes armour useless? Why does DPM matter here?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users