I had forgotten why I only played ranked. These vehicles quickly reminded me.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Tank Destroyer MM (12 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Currently, the limit for TDs per side in a match is 7. Are you okay with this figure?

1. Yes, I'm OK with that. (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No, it is not OK. (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Hard to say. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Do you believe that there should be a lower amount of TDs per game (not necessarily a cap like SPGs)?

1. Yes, absolutely. (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

2. No, no need. (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

3. Hard to say. (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Hide poll

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21913 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

By far and wide, Ranked was a much-needed breath of fresh air, akin to Frontline.

Despite the agonizing loss of silver, and the pressure to just win... You play among the best players in the server, tactics matter, most folks have a general clue as to what to do, there is a very good learning potential for the average player. A clan war with no clans. One of the best competitive modes yet created (still needs further refinement and investment by WG). Map pool was terrible, but then again, so are the maps. And, generally speaking, you can carry your own weight if you don't YOLO.

While this might be an unpopular opinion (that Ranked is actually great) what I liked the most was the fluidity of the matches thanks to the Ranked MM (0-3 LTs, 0-3 TDs, 1-2 SPGs, and the rest MTs or HTs).

Yet, all good things must come to an end.

And now back to the cesspool that are Randoms:

You join a match to find no less than 3-7 TDs per team... each game...

The dreadful experience of attaining control of more than half of the map through your team's efforts, only to discover the last enemy stronghold is covered by players who barely moved outside their own cap circle during the time you spent fighting.

I sincerely do not understand, w h y are there so many tank destroyers in a game room. And this isn't High Tiers only. Low Tiers as well.

Cannot WG dilute their presence? Spreading these vehicles across other game rooms to even classes out? The point is that the cap for this class in the queue, of 7 TDs, is too high. Needlessly so.

And only contributes for a detrimental game experience.

saxsan4 #2 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26869 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Yes, i am fine with 7 TDs per game, i had a game where there was only 1 heavy and nearly everyone mediums, well its no fun in a slow tank in that siutation where everyone is zipping around, but that is the joy of randoms, you get different teams

The more restrictice the teams, the more dull it becoms

Ranked i hated, everyone camping at the back, too scared to take dmg, players playing for themsvles rather than the team. randoms i felt much better 

Also the lack of platoons in ranked made me hate it, i like to play with my friends 

ALSO dont forget if you lower Tds those medium tank missions become almsot imposible to achive. 

Edited by saxsan4, 01 August 2020 - 04:25 PM.

Japualtah #3 Posted 01 August 2020 - 04:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35477 battles

View PostWindSplitter1, on 01 August 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

I sincerely do not understand, w h y are there so many tank destroyers in a game room.

Fear.

Simple questions always have simple answers.

Damage is through the roof, people get tired of getting wrecked as soon as they try to play the game, so they hide.

6 TDs is very common, alongside 2 arties, often as much as 7 TDs and 3 arties, it's as bad as it was when there was no limit to arty.

Heavies were once a popular refuge for players feeling uncomfortable with high skill cap tanks, it's not as appealing as before because of the wheelchairs so we're back to a camping game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users